• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Does everything feel smooth with the face buttons mapped to the right analog stick? I want the game, but $20 is a bit steep.

It's super smooth as if it was designed originally for dual sticks TPS controls, feel pretty awesome.

and yup,I agree it's as most of Sony PSP DD titles it's just way too overpriced (more now because that they've cut the online) should be $15 with the removed online features.

Or a big SD screen. :(
pfft what time period are you in? the stone age?

I think Wizorb looks fantastic on this screen. It's very crisp and the animations of the sprites are nice. I have bilinear filtering off. Looks like the screenshot feature is blocked but I'll take one with my phone.. Only problem, is you will see scanlines and stuff that isn't there.
Does it look good enough on Vita to warrant another purchase? I'm content with my PC version, but if it's good enough on Vita...

Malicious is for Vita? Will it be available in the UK?

There's a Vita version coming, uh, sometime.

FireCloud

so how is the new minis Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims and Canabalt? bad or good time waster? (I know about Velocity already)

Haven't played Floating Cloud God but I have played Canabalt on the PS3. I must say I prefer I MUST RUN! over Canabalt. It may just be personal preference though. Both are similar but I think I MUST RUN! is somewhat fairer in what it wants you to do. When I fail in I MUST RUN! it is due to some mistake I made. With Canabalt sometimes I think the situation it puts you in is not winnable.

I'm quite impressed with the playability of some of the Minis. They are great time wasters.

Ran rp

It's super smooth as if it was designed originally for dual sticks TPS controls, feel pretty awesome.

and yup,I agree it's as most of Sony PSP DD titles it's just way too overpriced (more now because that they've cut the online) should be $15 with the removed online features.

Should've been $10 with the online features.

Does it look good enoguh on Vita to warrant another purchase? I'm content with my PC version, but if it's good enough on Vita...

Hmmm... If you are content with the PC version I don't think you need to double dip. It looks awesome, but unless you want to play it while you're laying in bed (like me!), then nah I think you'll be fine with the PC version.

Takao

Banned
do you guys think the beyblade game for ps1 will be compatible with vita eventually there's a beyblade game for psp but it wasn't released here it works on vita though

test_account

XP-39C²
It's a great game, and well worth it but if you bought it without knowing the multiplayer was removed I'd call SCEA up and ask for a refund or something.
I dont think they will issue a refund when it says that the multiplayer isnt included.

I enjoyed the single player though. Pretty nice to play with a 2nd analog stick. I tried the multiplayer a while back, it was cool enough, but not something that i contunied to play.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I think Wizorb looks fantastic on this screen. It's very crisp and the animations of the sprites are nice. I have bilinear filtering off. Looks like the screenshot feature is blocked but I'll take one with my phone.. Only problem, is you will see scanlines and stuff that isn't there.
Ah, looks good. I still have $25 on PSN for Retro City Rampage and JSR, so I'll probably hold off for now. Thanks for the picture.

pfft what time period are you in? the stone age?
Just because I own a Vita doesn't mean I'm a Moneybags. :(

Glix

do you guys think the beyblade game for ps1 will be compatible with vita eventually there's a beyblade game for psp but it wasn't released here it works on vita though

I'm not sure how cool Sony is with the metal or the nudity.

BigDug13

So the Gearbox President wants a company to port Borderlands 2 to Vita. I really hope someone does. That would be the system seller for me to make the purchase.

Cudder

+6 on that course? You have some work to do, pal. (-3 over here)

EDIT - I meant that in a friendly way, but reading it now, it sounds dickish.

Yeah on the last hole I was literally stuck in a loop of shooting and having it role down the hill by the green for like 5 strokes. I kept getting a water hazard. No matter how hard I hit the ball it would just get to the top of the hill and roll back down.

I also still only have beginner gear. Leveling up in this game is hard as shit.

Takao

Banned
LsTbq.jpg

That's too much yen

Hmmm... If you are content with the PC version I don't think you need to double dip. It looks awesome, but unless you want to play it while you're laying in bed (like me!), then nah I think you'll be fine with the PC version.
Yeah, playing in bed would be nice, but it's not necessary at the moment... I'll pick it up sometime, though. Thanks!

Just because I own a Vita doesn't mean I'm a Moneybags. :(
go sell one of your pet dinosaurs or something

THESE VITA JOKES JUST KEEP HEATING UP

LsTbq.jpg

That's too much yen
No way is that 2600 yen or so overpriced.

Takao

Banned
I know right, and the digital version doesn't even come with a spiffy Vulcan Horuses 145D like the retail copies do.

pyBTI.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So the Gearbox President wants a company to port Borderlands 2 to Vita. I really hope someone does. That would be the system seller for me to make the purchase.

Not really...

"When asked if any outside development teams had stepped forward to offer handling the port, Pitchford said that three teams have approached Gearbox since the news from Rezzed broke. He declined to name who those developers were, but he made sure to iterate that, currently, there is absolutely no PS Vita development occuring. The ball is firmly in Sony's court in terms of approving and governing the porting process, and they've been unfortunately silent on the issue."

http://www.psu.com/a016111/There-is...s-Pitchford-but-teams-have-expressed-interest

Pitchford want Sony (and no one else) to pay his company for the port since he refused three offers already.

Gearbox sounded just greedy as hell here to be honest and want to take full advantage on Vita situation (lack of games) Randy Pitchford think that Sony is so disparate so they will port the game for free and pay Gearbox and maybe give them cut of the sales too.

kuroshiki

Not really...

http://www.psu.com/a016111/There-is...s-Pitchford-but-teams-have-expressed-interest

Pitchford want Sony (and no one else) to pay his company for the port since he refused three offers already.

Gearbox sounded just greedy as hell here to be honest and want to take full advantage on Vita situation (lack of games) Randy Pitchford think that Sony is so disparate so they will port the game for free and pay Gearbox and maybe give them cut of the sales too.

Wow. Fuck gearbox.

But then again, I will pay $4.99 for GOTY version of borderland 2.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
+6 on that course? You have some work to do, pal. (-3 over here)

EDIT - I meant that in a friendly way, but reading it now, it sounds dickish.

I did -5, but I fucked up on at least three putts. God damn sloping hills.

I did -5, but I fucked up on at least three putts. God damn sloping hills.

YES! One time I hit bunker which was right behind a steep slope and no matter how hard I hit it, the ball rolled back down. I ended up having to hit the ball in the other direction AWAY from the cup. My blood pressure was probably through the roof!

Not really...

Beggars can't be choosers. Sony is definitely in the beggars column when it comes to the Vita. They should pay up. How different is it from paying for an exclusive?

Takao

Banned
Beggars can't be choosers. Sony is definitely in the beggars column when it comes to the Vita. They should pay up. How different is it from paying for an exclusive?

Because paying for an exclusive means having a game that if someone wants to play they have to own your hardware? Paying for ports is disgusting.

cyborg009

Banned

If its not released same day as the PC,PS3 and 360 whats the point? I doubt a late port would do any good for sony

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Except what Pitchford is offering to Sony isn't an exclusive Borderlands, but a port of the PS3/360/PC game.

It's still an exclusive handheld Borderlands. Are we defending Sony not pushing to get games? Hate to tell you, but new IPs ain't going to do shit for the Vita. Something like Borderlands or COD would. Too bad COD's probably going to fuck up and not have any transfarring,.

Massa

Sony has limited amount of money, they're not going to use it to fund third party games. And if they were it would go towards something like that exclusive Bioshock game, not a port of a PS3 game.

Takao

Banned
It's still an exclusive handheld Borderlands. Are we defending Sony not pushing to get games? Hate to tell you, but new IPs ain't going to do shit for the Vita. Something like Borderlands or COD would. Too bad COD's probably going to fuck up and not have any transfarring,.

Sony didn't pay to buy Monster Hunter, why in the world would they pay to buy ports?

I know right, and the digital version doesn't even come with a spiffy Vulcan Horuses 145D like the retail copies do.

http://i.imgur.com/pyBTI.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
does the vulcan horuses 145D include a special launcher

[quote="lunch, post: 40216288"]
Garshasp killed them all. :(

And man, your jokes. I think it's time I unsubscribed from this thread.[/QUOTE]
ohhhahah

My bad jokes are what fuel me, actually. It's a nice system.

[quote="Massa, post: 40218081"]Sony has limited amount of money, they're not going to use it to fund third party games. And if they were it would go towards something like that exclusive Bioshock game, not a port of a PS3 game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, exactly. Effective exclusives, not ports of cool games.

Fabrikator

Neo Member
yeaaaaa boi!.. Picked up my Vita today, along with one of those cradle and a screen protector.... but they were all out of stock on 32gb cards FUUUUUUUuuu. Ill have to go to another Futureshop tomorrow and grab the 32gb with the $50 gift card they gave me.

$250 paperweight for tonight . =3

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
yeaaaaa boi!.. Picked up my Vita today, along with one of those cradle and a screen protector.... but they were all out of stock on 32gb cards FUUUUUUUuuu. Ill have to go to another Futureshop tomorrow and grab the 32gb with the $50 gift card they gave me.

$250 paperweight for tonight . =3
You can play Welcome Park!

DR2K

Banned

In reality it's something that'll boost hardware more than them gaining a massive profit off software sales, lol. The game won't even crack 500k worldwide on Vita at this point no matter how good or big it ends up.

Vita is in the same position 3DS was in before Mario and price cut. Only Vita has niether, the situation is a lot more grim then some of us want to believe.

Except what Pitchford is offering to Sony isn't an exclusive Borderlands, but a port of the PS3/360/PC game.
The port issue doesn't seem to bother Sony with their own games. Unless the cost is through the roof, I don't see the advantage in ignoring the offer. It's leaving games for your new and vulnerable system on the table.

Takao

Banned
The port issue doesn't seem to bother Sony with their own games. Unless the cost is through the roof, I don't see the advantage in ignoring the offer. It's leaving games for your new and vulnerable system on the table.

None of Sony's ports are late, and a Borderlands 2 port for Vita certainly would be.

None of Sony's ports are late, and a Borderlands 2 port for Vita certainly would be.
If the ship has sailed on the port due to the timing, then it doesn't speak well of Sony's effort with the Vita for me. I want Sony to be aggressive about a good mix of ports, original games, and spin offs for the future, and I'm not seeing it so far.

However, Sony may not have the money for a Nintendo style panic mode, no matter how aggressive they want to be.

Well see over the next year or so.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

it's simple,If they agreed and paid or ported Borderland for Gearbox, they will open hell doors for themselves since every other developer/publisher out there will ask for the same for their games to be on Vita(again taking advantage).

and by the way Rovio already did the the same as Gearbox (said Vita port depend on Sony back in March iirc) and 4 months later they announced Angry Birds without a Vita version(meaning Sony refused).

it's simple,If they agreed and paid or ported Borderland for Gearbox, they will open hell doors for themselves since every other developer/publisher out there will ask for the same for their games to be on Vita(again taking advantage).

and by the way Rovio already did the the same as Gearbox (said Vita port depend on Sony) and 4 months later they announced Angry Birds without a Vita version(meaning Sony refused).

We'll see how it effects the game count over the next year or so.

Time to play some Puddle.

Skyzard

Banned
I mentioned this before but Borderlands 2 probably isn't the safest port to spend time and money developing, at the moment.

Imagine how huge the game is
That there isn't a game like it currently on the vita (could vita actually support BL2's gametype)
The time that passes from its release while the rest of the gaming community are riding the BL2 hype/experience/downfall

Gearbox coming to Sony now and saying how about it? ...well ... BL3? Sure maybe.. let them know in a year or so when you're done with 2.

What in the world happened here? There are so many issues with Sony taking on these 3rd party offerings to fund and develop their games to the Vita. There's issue with cost, resources (who develops this game at Sony?), and most importantly creates this culture of Sony footing the bill for ports on their consoles. As much as I would want a borderlands on my vita or other games for that matter financially and logistically it doesn't make sense for Sony to foot that bill and undertake the development themselves.

What in the world happened here? There are so many issues with Sony taking on these 3rd party offerings to fund and develop their games to the Vita. There's issue with cost, resources (who develops this game at Sony?), and most importantly creates this culture of Sony footing the bill for ports on their consoles. As much as I would want a borderlands on my vita or other games for that matter financially and logistically it doesn't make sense for Sony to foot that bill and undertake the development themselves.

I've heard rumors that four different developers have approached them to do the port. Yosp knows about it and seems interested (via twitter). I hope it happens. But I agree with you, sony can't afford to moneyhat. They need to make the vita a place where people want to develop games, not a place that they have to pay people to develop games.

I've heard rumors that four different developers have approached them to do the port. Yosp knows about it and seems interested (via twitter). I hope it happens. But I agree with you, sony can't afford to moneyhat. They need to make the vita a place where people want to develop games, not a place that they have to pay people to develop games.

Lol, Slant Six, Nihilistic, Gameloft, and Hudson?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
huh Hot Shots Golf patch ..time to play even more I guess.

Rather than a Borderlands 2 port, why not make a stand alone game?

Gearbox don't even want to bother with the porting process for Borderlands 2 port (want Sony to do it all), I doubt they will even think about a spin off or something new of Borderlands for Vita without Sony giving them all their money ( all three dollars they have).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom