• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Ys 7 the one I want? Anyone know what it costs on the NA store if so? I'm at work but I was going to grab a pre paid card on lunch.
I need a break from god eater for a bit.
Thanks
I think all the Ys games are $15 on the US store. Ys Seven is great, but I actually prefer both Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles and Ys: The Oath in Felghana. You can't go wrong with either one!

I'm in a financial position where I could get a Vita this sometime this summer and have been seriously considering it. I really like JRPGs so I'm hoping it ends up similar to the PSP where there are a lot of them.

How do PSone Classics look on it?
The lack of PS1 support is the reason for the thread title. Here is a list I made of what's available on the European PSN store. If you're from America the selection is even better.

archnemesis said:
The PSV is region free, but you can only have one region activated at a time. If you want to buy games from the US you can order PSN store cards online instead of using a debit/credit card.

A lot of good RPGs can be found on the PSN store for cheap these days. The RPGs below are available directly from a European Vita. If you own a PS3, there are more games you can buy on it and then transfer over.
  • Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - €14.99
  • Ape Quest - €9.99
  • Blazing Souls Accelate - €19.99
  • Breath of Fire 3 - €9.99
  • ClaDun: This is an RPG! - €9.99
  • ClaDun x2 - €19.99
  • Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - €19.99
  • Final Fantasy I - €9.99
  • Final Fantasy II - €9.99
  • Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collecton - €19.99
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - €9.99
  • Generation of Chaos - € 6.99
  • Half Minute Hero - €11.99
  • Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon - €9.99
  • Key of Heaven - €7.99
  • Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - €11.99
  • Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - €9.99
  • Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - €9.99
  • Riviera - €17.99
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - €9.99
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin - €29.99
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 - €29.99
  • Spectral Souls: Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires - €14.99
  • Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - €19.99
  • The 3rd Birthday - €9.99
  • Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - €29.99
  • Valhalla Knights - €5.99
  • Valhalla Knights 2 - €9.99
  • Valhalla Knights 2: Battle Stance - €11.99
  • White Knight Chronicles: Origins - €7.99
  • Wild Arms XF - €17.99
  • Ys I & II Chronicles - €9.99
  • Ys: The Oath in Felghana - €9.99
  • Ys Seven - €9.99
  • Zettai Hero Project - €14.99

The following PSP RPGs didn't make it over to Europe. I'm probably forgetting something.
  • Brave Story: New Traveler
  • Class of Heroes
  • Hexyz Force
  • Jeanne d'Arc
  • Knights in the Nightmare
  • Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner
  • Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone

MarkPH

Neo Member
There is a big gaming event on China tommorow "China Joy 2012". some upcoming vita games will be demoed like Ragnarok Odyssey, Little Big Planet and Persona 4: Golden

RqfGo.jpg

spannicus

There is a big gaming event on China tommorow "China Joy 2012". some upcoming vita games will be demoed like Ragnarok Odyssey, Little Big Planet and Persona 4: Golden

RqfGo.jpg

Really wish SCEA would do this: those guys suck ballz and probably too worried about next gen to bother with an all Vita event. What was in the link that got the guy banned?

Yopis

Well it happened, found two stuck/dead pixels on my screen today. Might swap it out if it really bothers me but it seems unlikely right now. Crazy that I have never seen them before had the system since launch. Has anybody else had the same problem?

|ync

About a month ago I noticed I had two or three pixels in a vertical line that would display a faint red when they should have been black. They were only really visible in the dark, but I'm pretty sure they weren't there when I bought the thing.

I tried the trick of firmly pressing/massaging the screen around the stuck pixels and discovered that if I pressed above the pixels the stuck red got really bright (freaked myself out there) but if I pressed below the pixels they started working properly. Once I got them working I pressed all over the screen a bit to see if they came back, but they seem to be fixed.

All in all the screen pressing trick did fix the pixels, but it got worse before it got better, so YMMV and attempt at your own risk etc.

I also tried the video that flashes lots of colours to unstick pixels after the pressing trick, but I'm not sure whether that did anything or not because it was already working.

No idea what caused the stuck pixels in the first place, but since pressing the screen fixed it I'm thinking maybe something hard was pressing against the screen in my bag or something..

And since I'm here, while closely examining my screen in the dark I can con firm that the faint green splotches everybody has have gotten much better since I got it in February.

Nemesis_

New to the Vita party, anyone know if they have commented on PS2 or PSOne games from the store being playable? Seems like I would like to dip into the catalog while I wait for new actual Vita games ;_;

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
New to the Vita party, anyone know if they have commented on PS2 or PSOne games from the store being playable? Seems like I would like to dip into the catalog while I wait for new actual Vita games ;_;

You're a little early to that particular party. PSOne games are supposed to be available in a limited capacity sometime this summer.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

PSone is confirmed with summer fw update.

PS2, nothing and don't hold your breath(it's already super hard for non BC PS3s to emulate PS2)

Also buy Gravity Rush and Mutant Blobs Attack if you didn't already.

Mondriaan

You know, I've thought about this too but everyday that MHP3rd G isn't announced is another day I don't think this will happen. Especially since it's likely God Eater 2 is going to be this fall with a Vita SKU, and SCE creating their own proper MH response in Soul Sacrifice.
Even if Sony managed to get Capcom to put the MH franchise on the Vita, we would still have to deal with Capcom localization/announcements of announcements of announcements. However, I'll admit importing the game would have been much less of a hassle.

Soul Sacrifice will probably be out here sooner than any MH title that Capcom has anything to say about by the end of the year, so whatever.

cyborg009

Banned
You know, I've thought about this too but everyday that MHP3rd G isn't announced is another day I don't think this will happen. Especially since it's likely God Eater 2 is going to be this fall with a Vita SKU, and SCE creating their own proper MH response in Soul Sacrifice.

I noticed they tend to re-release games and MHP3rd was the only one never to receive one. Hey at least we might get Dragon Dogma Portable :p

spannicus

Give me Sine Mora in August and I am a happy camper. Anyone else hear about The Walking Dead heading to IOS? Wooosaahh IOS gaming needs to die a horrible death.

Need some more Vita friends. My leaderboards are getting bare. PSN Angra_Mainya

Here's the list of games that I have. Games

Add me if you want; UMvC3 is on the way, and I have Motostorm RC/MK9/SSD currently. PSN: corrosivefrost

Sent you a request. Need some more vita peeps too. Handle is Mentaiko_Allergy.

Add me too, if you want.

That'd be magical.

Indeed. When is gamescom again?

What would be magical is Sony making all of the PSOne library compatible given the long delay. I only want RE3 but many here would love alot more.

Damn skippy I would. The Crash Bandicoot games, RE games, SotN, etc.

Sine Mora and Zen Pinball 2 in August, please.

And keep dreaming about the death of iOS gaming. It will never happen.

I'm interested in Sine Mora, but hope there will be a day 1 PS+ discount.

--

Speaking of SotN above, how's the PSP Dracula X chronicles? Worth the $15?

Bluforce

Everybody's Tennis PSP @ 2,99 Euro is a steal.

If it will looks good on OLED screen as it looks good on PSP screen, it will be AMAZING.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
For those of you with HSG, just a reminder that the multiplayer portion of the game just recently got a massive update. There are now weekly tournaments, stat tracking, and loads more. We're only in the second day of the current tournament, so it's not too late to join in.

PSN ID is LagunaX321. Feel free to add me.

Yopis

About a month ago I noticed I had two or three pixels in a vertical line that would display a faint red when they should have been black. They were only really visible in the dark, but I'm pretty sure they weren't there when I bought the thing.

I tried the trick of firmly pressing/massaging the screen around the stuck pixels and discovered that if I pressed above the pixels the stuck red got really bright (freaked myself out there) but if I pressed below the pixels they started working properly. Once I got them working I pressed all over the screen a bit to see if they came back, but they seem to be fixed.

All in all the screen pressing trick did fix the pixels, but it got worse before it got better, so YMMV and attempt at your own risk etc.

I also tried the video that flashes lots of colours to unstick pixels after the pressing trick, but I'm not sure whether that did anything or not because it was already working.

No idea what caused the stuck pixels in the first place, but since pressing the screen fixed it I'm thinking maybe something hard was pressing against the screen in my bag ort something..

And since I'm here, while closely examining my screen in the dark I can con firm that the faint green splotches everybody has have gotten much better since I got it in February.

Thanks a bunch I will try this out tonight. Oh yeah any of you guys feel free to add me also psn:kincade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom