• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, Soul Calibur and tekken 6 are $40 bucks still. I refuse to pay that when I already own the UMDs. I am looking on there. Alot of stuff is way overpriced.

Will pick up the Capcom stuff, as they are only 10 bucks. I assume UGnG is gonna look great on this screen.

So I went to a store today and saw these Vita cases with a Resistance cover for 10 bucks sitting on the shelf. There were at least 15 or 20 of them and they looked like any other game. So I picked one up to see what this is about and why it only costs 10 bucks. I looked at it and the cover art looked a bit like a promo piece and it said "Includes Full Version of Resistance Retribution", "Includes Multiplayer Booster Pack" and includes this and that and whatever. And I'm standing there for like five minutes looking at that thing and wondering why the hell they are selling the full version of Resistance Vita for 10 bucks already. I was already planning on buying four or five of those things and putting them on eBay until I realized that Retribution was that PSP game and all these cases were just excess Pre-order bonuses for Burning Skies. They almost got me and I honestly think that store is deliberately trying to trick people that don't know their Resistances were well into buying the PSP game. Poopheads.

RpgN

Really desappointed by Wizorb. It's so fucking frustrating... I can't even finish the first world for christ sake.. And each time i try it's 20 minutes of my life lost, nothing to compensate, no money or exp or i don't know why after that to help me. I mean i know it's cool to make games hard like before etc but there is a reason modern videogames are not like that anymore...

And graphics chould be wonderful but they sucks cause this is not pixel perfect, i don't know why.. It's the psp port it seems.. Why would you make a glorious pixel art game and salvage your own work..

The worse is that it's so fucking slow.. I mean my rule is : A game can be as hard as he wants as long as its comfortable to play, rythmed, not boring.. But there you have to end those levels in slowmo and it takes forever, and you know you'll probably have to redo it anyway... I guess there is some kind of level up (i hope) after that that makes your thing go quicker, but just let me finish the first world to begin with -_-

It's Vita breaking on the ground material honestly...

There's no level up in the game, but you can buy lives and items from shops within the levels. The first world is a bit more tough because you have to start from scratch and get used to the controls, make sure to survive long enough until you reach around stage 4, then you will find treasures that give you hearts, there will be bonus stages if you have the keys, and there will be some stages where you can buy hearts and more handy items. You should be able to hang in there until you finish the world, the worlds after that don't seem bad after you get used to what the game expects from you. The bosses get a bit more challenging, but you should be able to handle them by then. Also, you say the game is slow, I hope you didn't forget to hold the circle button to have a speedy movement when necessary.

I saw the game on the store for around 2,50 pounds and just couldn't leave it for that price. I've done the first three worlds and there should be two left. The game is great, it's an interesting mix of rpg, dungeon crawling and arkanoid type of gameplay. Oh and I'm playing it on the PSP instead.

Also, the game seems to be VERY inspired by Zelda games (ALTTP in particular), I didn't notice that in the videos but in the game, the top down perspective, the music for a bit, some of the items, the mountain, the Garudo village, the collecting 4 amulets etc. It's weird how they seem to copy this franchise and yet create something pretty fresh and new. I'm guessing it's more out of love instead of really trying to copy them.

Lucent

And remember that Totobeni's opinions on Persona 3 and Yakuza 4 shouldn't be taken seriously.

Yep. I got P3P and I actually much prefer the quick pace of being able to go directly to where I need to to get the story going. And, to me, it actually looks almost as good as the PS2 version. And I don't think saying don't get P3P and wait for P4G is kind of an odd thing to say because, while they may be similar games, they do have different characters and stories.

And I'll def be getting P4G.

oldmario

So I went to a store today and saw these Vita cases with a Resistance cover for 10 bucks sitting on the shelf. There were at least 15 or 20 of them and they looked like any other game. So I picked one up to see what this is about and why it only costs 10 bucks. I looked at it and the cover art looked a bit like a promo piece and it said "Includes Full Version of Resistance Retribution", "Includes Multiplayer Booster Pack" and includes this and that and whatever. And I'm standing there for like five minutes looking at that thing and wondering why the hell they are selling the full version of Resistance Vita for 10 bucks already. I was already planning on buying four or five of those things and putting them on eBay until I realized that Retribution was that PSP game and all these cases were just excess Pre-order bonuses for Burning Skies. They almost got me and I honestly think that store is deliberately trying to trick people that don't know their Resistances were well into buying the PSP game. Poopheads.

Isnt retribution like $20 on the us store? if its selling for $10 you could probably get some people in this thread wanting a copy, if my psn account was american i would lol

orioto

Good Art™
There's no level up in the game, but you can buy lives and items from shops within the levels. The first world is a bit more tough because you have to start from scratch and get used to the controls, make sure to survive long enough until you reach around stage 4, then you will find treasures that give you hearts, there will be bonus stages if you have the keys, and there will be some stages where you can buy hearts and more handy items. You should be able to hang in there until you finish the world, the worlds after that don't seem bad after you get used to what the game expects from you. The bosses get a bit more challenging, but you should be able to handle them by then. Also, you say the game is slow, I hope you didn't forget to hold the circle button to have a speedy movement when necessary.

I saw the game on the store for around 2,50 pounds and just couldn't leave it for that price. I've done the first three worlds and there should be two left. The game is great, it's an interesting mix of rpg, dungeon crawling and arkanoid type of gameplay. Oh and I'm playing it on the PSP instead.

Also, the game seems to be VERY inspired by Zelda games (ALTTP in particular), I didn't notice that in the videos but in the game, the top down perspective, the music for a bit, some of the items, the mountain, the Garudo village, the collecting 4 amulets etc. It's weird how they seem to copy this franchise and yet create something pretty fresh and new. I'm guessing it's more out of love instead of really trying to copy them.

Hm i didn't know for the circle button, i'll try that! As for the bonuses and lifes ect, i've had everyone of them, used 3 continues + paid continues, bought some extra lifes in stores.. But that wasn't enough to finish the world. i got to level 11 max. It's mabe cause of the no circle button play, cause i find myself really often short when the ball makes a big trajectory.

It's a shame about the fucked up pixel art anyway, the game seems pretty :(

Takao

Banned

The multiplayer server was shut down so that's uber sketchy. Take a pic.

patsu

How do you guys clean off the VITA screen? There's some smudge on my screen that I cant seem to take of just by wiping it with the fibre cloth, could I use a small amount of water on the cloth and clean the screen that way?

I wiped it with my wet hands and the touchscreen went crazy after that. Had to reboot to make it behave again. ^_^

Takao

Banned
Sony should buy controlling interest of the Digimon IP from Scamco and make that their Pokemon. Make swell RPGs, and get Novarama to make AR games. Get Sony Pictures to distribute anime, and Scamco to do toys and stuff.

orioto

Good Art™
Hahaha, actually Wizorb isn't that hard when you can accelerate the rod^^ Thx RpgN ! I finally beat the first world with one continue and many lives in the end.

patsu

Sony should buy controlling interest of the Digimon IP from Scamco and make that their Pokemon. Make swell RPGs, and get Novarama to make AR games. Get Sony Pictures to distribute anime, and Scamco to do toys and stuff.

What's with the obsession of everything "mon" ? 8^D

Glix

Why go half ass? Just pull an MS and give a blank check to Gamefreak.

CLEEK

Wait.
Is it possible or will it be possible to play PSX's Vagrant Story?

Why wouldn't it be? Vagrant Story has been available as a PSone Classic on PSN for a long time. So it's already playable on PS3 and PSP, and as of "Summer 2012", will also be on Vita.

Takao

Banned
Why go half ass? Just pull an MS and give a blank check to Gamefreak.

Fun fact, before they became Pokemon Studio 24/7 SCE approached Game Freak and made this:

bx4fN.jpg

Nothing like Pokemon at all, lol.

The PS1 game news is great. I never had a PS1, so I can catch up with some stuff. Hopefully there is a good variety when they launch the service.

patsu

I wonder if it would be limited to some select titles. Really hoping for the majority of what's already in the psn store.

As I was saying...

August (the end of it)

And i'm hearing that the vast, vast majority will work day one.

patsu said:
Would you point me to the source pretty please ?

I can't without getting people in trouble/fired, no. But im sure someone around here can vouch for my 'predictions' being right in regards to the vita. Chubigans!?!

waypoetic

Banned
I don't get the controls in this Foosball game. I shoot the ball by swiping on the screen..? Why can't i just do that by pressing a_goddamn_button, mr devoloper guy? Sometimes the game even plays itself and i'm just letting go of the Vita and - "hey fine do whatever!".

Alright. I just thought I would pass along this story:

So today i bought field Commander on PSN for $10, as I really wanted to play the asynchronous multi-player. Sadly the servers all appeared to be shut off. I find an email address for their community manager, and write him asking if the servers are indeed shut down.

I get a reply in less than four hours stating that he brought the U.S. servers back online and the game's online components are working again! How damn awesome is that? Anyone up for a game? :D

field-commander-20050915053901335.jpg

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I get a reply in less than four hours stating that he brought the U.S. servers back online and the game's online components are working again! How damn awesome is that? Anyone up for a game? :D
He brought back the servers just for you? I have a list of community managers I want you to e-mail, hold on.

Alright. I just thought I would pass along this story:

So today i bought field Commander on PSN for $10, as I really wanted to play the asynchronous multi-player. Sadly the servers all appeared to be shut off. I find an email address for their community manager, and write him asking if the servers are indeed shut down.

field-commander-20050915053901335.jpg

That is awesome.

I've been having a bad day but I can't help but smile at cool stories like that. Awesome! I wasn't even very interested in the game but now I want to buy it just for that.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Do not want, keep your awful Sony away from my Digimon.

Sony is just a shinigami when it come to taking care of growing games up, and they already gave up on Monster Kingdom franchise ( they bailed out and went completely crazy after the PSP game bombed and completely changed the 2nd game and killed the third) and went bleh on invizimals, why you want them to kill Digimon?

and ya,Sony Pictures don't even give a flying poop about anime.

and If Sony want their Pokemon (again) they should do it right with their own shit, with Monster Kingdom there was no anime,no manga no marketing no nothing, or Why they didn't try again with using Monster Kingdom or Folklore base (engine/combat system/monster design) and evolved it to shonen style kid friendly game?

patsu

??? I don't use an email signature. Why?

No worries. I was wondering if you look like some mafia, yakuza, or ninja in real life.

I checked out the game description. Awwww, it's my type of game, turn-based strategy. Almost impulse click on the "Buy" button. Too bad I got VC2 to clear.

No worries. I was wondering if you look like some mafia, yakuza, or ninja in real life.

I checked out the game description. Awwww, it's my type of game, turn-based strategy. Almost impulse click on the "Buy" button. Too bad I got VC2 to clear.

I don't really like the art style of the game, but it is basically Advance Wars with custom levels and asynchronous multi-player. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom