• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Speaking of SotN above, how's the PSP Dracula X chronicles? Worth the $15?
If you've already played Symphony of the Night, not really. It was my first time playing SotN, so it was worth $40 in my mind, but I don't think the actual Dracula X remake is too fun. Not having the awful UMD load times and having a nice d-Pad would probably improve things though.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I can't find any information about Field Commander's servers, but they do seem to be down. :(

DAMNIT.

Yeah. I have the game on UMD and thought about double dipping to play on the Vita, but I thought I saw it on list of servers going down a while back. It's a shame, because the game is pretty cool.

Takao

Banned
I wonder why AC: Liberations is not in the list of games scheduled to be shown at sony conference? :S

Those are games that are going to be playable at Sony's booth or through invitations at closed door events. AC: Liberation will be playable at Ubisoft's booth.

I can't find any information about Field Commander's servers, but they do seem to be down. :(

DAMNIT.

It would be cool if Vita could do adhoc party for PSP games.

branny

SotN is definitely the star of that package, but Rondo and the remake are pretty fun to steamrollspeedrun with Maria. I'd say it's totally worth it.

When I'm bored, it's always one of the things I boot up in addition to DJMP3, MavHun X, MHFU, and the Ragnarok Odyssey demo.

cyborg009

Banned
Those are games that are going to be playable at Sony's booth or through invitations at closed door events. AC: Liberation will be playable at Ubisoft's booth.

It would be cool if Vita could do adhoc party for PSP games.

That is way too good of a idea, so it will never happen. I want a xlink kai for Vita instead

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

A friend got me this on PSP as a gift, and I loved it. But NOT for SOTN (Already have it on PS1, and XBLA), but because I FINALLY could play Rondo of Blood for the first time! (Was debating getting it on Wii VS forever. Have drooled over the near unobtainable game for years before that...)

The original game (also on this disk) is great, and is a nice mix of SOTN's eventual, more robust Castlevania, and more old school, straight forward, NES-style Belmont-beatings. The Spritework of the game is great (and the first place many of these sprites would be created, to be re-used OVER AND OVER in SOTN, and the Gameboy games), the music is CD quality Redbook audio (thanks to the PCE system), and the 3D remake itself is a great parallel to the original game. I found it much more competent than many other Re-Makes (Maybe not as good as Bionic Commando Rearmed, but much better than the Rocket Knight downloadable), and exploring the differences was worthwhile and fun.

The trend of including the original and remake together should be followed more, it's worth getting just to support that!

Takao

Banned
Without a PS3, you mean? Because it is possible right now with a PS3. I played Powerstone collection online other day with a friend. And both playing on Vita.

Yes, I meant it would be cool if Vita could do it natively. Vita does some stuff in the PSP emulator since Vita's keyboard shows up and not the janky PSP one.

Since I have WipEout HD/Fury on PSN, I'm debating dropping by Wal-Mart and getting WipEout 2048 soon too... I wonder how long the seller who I bought UMvC3 from will take to ship; is there any save game type sharing for that, like there is for BBCSE?

matmanx1

I think I'm gonna pick up Kenka Bancho today from the PSN Atlus sale. I've always been curious about it and was watching some Youtube clips of it today and at $7.49 it seems like the time is right. Anyone else have experience with it?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Thanks for that! It's a shame about the content, then, although for $7.49 I might still bite. Although I will have a $20 PSN card so I might just get Gods Eater Burst instead as I like that type of game and I keep hearing good things about it.
At $7.49, if you're interested in it, I'd go for it. I payed $20 for the UMD and didn't feel burned, but I sold it as soon I finished the game. Most of the impressions in the OT were positive, but comparing it to a game like Yakuza, like many people did, is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Takao

Banned
I approve of Kenka Bancho

uExdh.jpg

orioto

Good Art™
Really desappointed by Wizorb. It's so fucking frustrating... I can't even finish the first world for christ sake.. And each time i try it's 20 minutes of my life lost, nothing to compensate, no money or exp or i don't know why after that to help me. I mean i know it's cool to make games hard like before etc but there is a reason modern videogames are not like that anymore...

And graphics chould be wonderful but they sucks cause this is not pixel perfect, i don't know why.. It's the psp port it seems.. Why would you make a glorious pixel art game and salvage your own work..

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
did you change the main character's name to your name

Really desappointed by Wizorb. It's so fucking frustrating... I can't even finish the first world for christ sake.. And each time i try it's 20 minutes of my life lost, nothing to compensate, no money or exp or i don't know why after that to help me. I mean i know it's cool to make games hard like before etc but there is a reason modern videogames are not like that anymore...

And graphics chould be wonderful but they sucks cause this is not pixel perfect, i don't know why.. It's the psp port it seems.. Why would you make a glorious pixel art game and salvage your own work..
I couldn't get past the first part on the PC version, so hearing that it's not any easier with a d-Pad worries me.

orioto

Good Art™
I couldn't get past the first part on the PC version, so hearing that it's not any easier with a d-Pad worries me.

The worse is that it's so fucking slow.. I mean my rule is : A game can be as hard as he wants as long as its comfortable to play, rythmed, not boring.. But there you have to end those levels in slowmo and it takes forever, and you know you'll probably have to redo it anyway... I guess there is some kind of level up (i hope) after that that makes your thing go quicker, but just let me finish the first world to begin with -_-

It's Vita breaking on the ground material honestly...

patsu

Finally no more complains from PSOne folks... soon. 8^P

I have another question for VC2. Can I change soldier classes (e.g., between Shocktrooper Veteran and Gunner) freely with no penalty ? Or does it use up the certs, Attk, Supp, March, etc. *everytime* I switch ? I don't dare to switch yet because those are hard to collect.

lemmykoopa

How do you guys clean off the VITA screen? There's some smudge on my screen that I cant seem to take of just by wiping it with the fibre cloth, could I use a small amount of water on the cloth and clean the screen that way?

Beast780

I'm new to this forum, I play a ton of Vita and have added a few of you: beast780 is my PSN

FEB 32gb 3G

Retail

Virtua Tennis 4
MLB 12
Hot Shots Golf
UMvC 3 (I don't play competitive fighting matches cuz I suck)
Unit 13
F1 2011
WipeOut w/ DLC
Gravity Rush
Metal Gear Solid Hd
Disgaea 3
Lumines
Rayman Origins

Download

Mutant Blobs Attack
Pinball Arcade w/ DLC
Escape Plan w/ DLC
Puddle
Foosball
Motorstorm RC
SSDD

Minis

Where is my Heart
Velocity

PSP

Persona 1-3
GTA Chinatown Wars
Trails in the Sky
Tactics Ogre
Final Fantasy IV
Patapon 2
Monster Hunter FU

Eagerly Anticipating

JSR
RCR
Persona 4
Sega All Star Karting
LBP 2
Sony All Stars Battle Royal
Strangers Wrath
Zen Pinball 2 (I have all the tables so I'm just ready)
Madden

Need to see more

Need for Speed Most Wanted (please be a competent racer, it would be so bad asss!)
Assassins Creed Liberation
Call of Duty

I am also an avid user of Giantbomb.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
How do you guys clean off the VITA screen? There's some smudge on my screen that I cant seem to take of just by wiping it with the fibre cloth, could I use a small amount of water on the cloth and clean the screen that way?
The Vita seems better sealed than the PSP, but I wouldn't put water on it regardless. I've been using a microfiber cloth and Windex Electronics Cleaning Spray.

Beast780

I have a screen protector on mine, but I have a box of Shamwows and they are amazing for getting crud off screens. Any microfiber cloth works.

The Vita seems better sealed than the PSP, but I wouldn't put water on it regardless. I've been using a microfiber cloth and Windex Electronics Cleaning Spray.

I wouldn't do water either. Apparently OLED screens have high sensitivity to water, any contact with the oled and water = bad news.

Finally joined the Vita club! (got a good deal on craigslist).

Damn, the screen on this thing is awesome.

I feel dumb having to re-buy my PSP games I want to play, o wells.

Based on the trickled pace of PSP games compatibility, I assume the PS1 games will be handled the same.

If I can't play Vagrant Story... I will cry.

I will be crying.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Probably worth a new thread in gaming if not done yet. Kind of big news for a lot of people holding off.

nah,it will most likely turn to be "PS1 gamez?Vita haz no games,Sony is doomed" within the first 10 posts.

Finally joined the Vita club! (got a good deal on craigslist).

Damn, the screen on this thing is awesome.

I feel dumb having to re-buy my PSP games I want to play, o wells.

Welcome to the team.

Get Gravity Rush and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack.

and yeah Vita is the best way to play PSP games but it's a shame that most of PSP games are overpriced in the US store.

oh also remember don't get P3P it's total garbage( just wait for P4G)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom