• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it does. That's nuts!

I sent an email to get a bit more information/clarification first. I don't want to make a thread without knowing a bit more about the situation.

That said the game is now working again online! I set up a couple of asynchronous games under the name "Whiskeyblues"

The game is kind of ugly, but plays really well. For $10 I highly recommend it! :D

That's why I haven't bought it. The screenshots look kind of hideous, and I find that most 3D games look even worse on the Vita screen.

I'm kind of shocked that Sony didn't have a sequel of some sorts ready for launch. The variety of multiplayer options would work really well on both wifi or 3g connections, and would have given them something to show off in regards to online multiplayer.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't get the controls in this Foosball game. I shoot the ball by swiping on the screen..?

Did you do the tutorial? Flicking the screen does the same thing as using the Right & Left stick; It basically "kicks" the ball.

The game isn't playing itself, the players will kinda "corral" the ball a bit when it comes near them, to try and stop it, but they don't aim and shoot on their own. Movement and Aiming is done by the left stick, kicking is done by the right stick. Or you can merge aim+kick with the flick of a finger.

Mutant Blobs Attack is SOOOO GOOOD. Listen to Carl. Buy it for $8.

I'm guessing it's a LOT better than Puddle then, eh? Ech, I found that trial to feel kinda horrible, and boring. The framerate looked much too slow, and I felt I had less control over the long stream, than I wanted to.

I know there's been multi-praises on the game in here, but I'm still not 100% sold on it, haha. More so than I am on Velocity, however. I'm sure it's a good game, and I like it's presentation, but I'm sure I don't want another game like that ATM.

Heavily contemplating getting Gods Eater Burst however...

The game is kind of ugly, but plays really well. For $10 I highly recommend it! :D

This is a great story too! Does the game offer Ad hoc multi too, or just the asynchronyous online style? Will possibly have to get it, if it offers both...

This is a great story too! Does the game offer Ad hoc multi too, or just the asynchronyous online style? Will possibly have to get it, if it offers both...

Ad Hoc, pass & play, online and asynchronous multiplayer, user generated levels, and fairly robust stat tracking.

Also, Mutant Blobs is an amazing game! It has fun mechanics, great sense of humor, and a consistent/fair difficulty.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm kind of shocked that Sony didn't have a sequel of some sorts ready for launch. The variety of multiplayer options would work really well on both wifi or 3g connections, and would have given them something to show off in regards to online multiplayer.
Now that you've brought it up, I'm kind of surprised they haven't either, especially with the possibility of multiplayer over 3G. People have been pining for a new Advance Wars for a while, too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ad Hoc, pass & play, online and asynchronous multiplayer, user generated levels, and fairly robust stat tracking.

Also, Mutant Blobs is an amazing game! It has fun mechanics, great sense of humor, and a consistent/fair difficulty.

Yeah, that's crazy, even pass and play, eh? Sounds line some very smart game design, will seriously have to consider it now.

Might have to give up on Growlanser until it gets full Vita support, and jump onto a few already-set releases in the meantime... (Definitely wanna get Growlanser though!) Puzzle-Platform stuff normally doesn't do it for me 100%, but solid personality + solid mechanics can turn the tides...

Thanks for the info!

Now that you've brought it up, I'm kind of surprised they haven't either, especially with the possibility of multiplayer over 3G. People have been pining for a new Advance Wars for a while, too.

They could take the same team that made Field Commander, but make the game tie in to an existing franchise, like Killzone or Resistance. That would give the game a larger built in audience, while highlighting the unique aspects of portable systems.

hell, I just want more variety in online gameplay. I just got into Hot Shot Golf's daily tournaments, and am already hooked (though I really suck at them). :)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
They could take the same team that made Field Commander, but make the game tie in to an existing franchise, like Killzone or Resistance. That would give the game a larger built in audience, while highlighting the unique aspects of portable systems.

hell, I just want more variety in online gameplay. I just got into Hot Shot Golf's daily tournaments, and am already hooked (though I really suck at them). :)
That'd be a great idea, especially considering the Ghost Recon game for 3DS was a launch title.

I wish Virtua Tennis 4 had tournaments or some ability to compare scores with friends. I'll probably go through World Tour until I get a top score, but online play doesn't work well for me, so HSG's multiplayer sounds incredibly appealing. I don't want to buy the digital version, because if a new HSG Vita game comes out, I can't see myself going back to World Invitational, but it's definitely next on my list.

That'd be a great idea, especially considering the Ghost Recon game for 3DS was a launch title.

I wish Virtua Tennis 4 had tournaments or some ability to compare scores with friends. I'll probably go through World Tour until I get a top score, but online play doesn't work well for me, so HSG's multiplayer sounds incredibly appealing. I don't want to buy the digital version, because if a new HSG Vita game comes out, I can't see myself going back to World Invitational, but it's definitely next on my list.

VT4's online multiplayer is a laggy mess. I have not been able to score a single point. :(

The retail version of HSG is $20, so even if a second one comes out in a few years, you'll have gotten your money' worth.

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars was the secret best game of the 3DS launch. :)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
VT4's online multiplayer is a laggy mess. I have not been able to score a single point. :(

The retail version of HSG is $20, so even if a second one comes out in a few years, you'll have gotten your money' worth.

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars was the secret best game of the 3DS launch. :)
I'm having the same problem, but other people seem to go through it just fine. My internet's far from good, but I've never had problems with other online games, so I'm blaming it on the game.

Yeah, I'm hoping it stays that way so I can grab it soon. I'm not a sports fan, but my Vita is going to become a sports game machine.

VanWinkle

Here's what I'm worried about with Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. You have that game and ACIII coming out the same day. Well, we've seen several live demos of various sections of ACIII looking polished and great, yet we haven't seen a bit of gameplay from Liberation. This is troubling, no? If you still don't have gameplay of a game coming out in three to four months, it usually doesn't bode well.

Haliela

Would I enjoy Dissida 012 if I don't care for fighting games? Is there enough addicting progression stuff there to keep me interested if I am a fan of rpgs?

branny

^There are addicting progression systems in it, but it's hard to say if you'll like it considering your stance on fighting games. For what it's worth, it's not very traditional and more akin to Phantom Dust, Psychic Force, and Kid Icarus: Uprising than anything else.

zroid

Banned
Here's what I'm worried about with Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. You have that game and ACIII coming out the same day. Yet, we've seen several live demos of various sections of ACIII looking polished and great, yet we haven't seen a bit of gameplay from Liberation. This is troubling, no? If you still don't have gameplay of a game coming out in three to four months, it usually doesn't bode well.

it's probably going to end up as a minigame collection

OmegaZero

Here's what I'm worried about with Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. You have that game and ACIII coming out the same day. Yet, we've seen several live demos of various sections of ACIII looking polished and great, yet we haven't seen a bit of gameplay from Liberation. This is troubling, no? If you still don't have gameplay of a game coming out in three to four months, it usually doesn't bode well.

Well, we'll find out how well it bodes come Gamescom.

cyborg009

Banned
Would I enjoy Dissida 012 if I don't care for fighting games? Is there enough addicting progression stuff there to keep me interested if I am a fan of rpgs?

Yes the fighting system is easy but gets harder as you level up, and the labyrinths are the best thing I've ever seen in such a game

Alright. I just thought I would pass along this story:

So today i bought field Commander on PSN for $10, as I really wanted to play the asynchronous multi-player. Sadly the servers all appeared to be shut off. I find an email address for their community manager, and write him asking if the servers are indeed shut down.

I get a reply in less than four hours stating that he brought the U.S. servers back online and the game's online components are working again! How damn awesome is that? Anyone up for a game? :D

field-commander-20050915053901335.jpg

Wow if true. We should all buy the game based on how fuking awesome he is :p

That is a company worth of our money.

Wow if true. We should all buy the game based on how fuking awesome he is :p

That is a company worth of our money.

It was actually a she: Aimee Rekoske at Sony Online Entertainment who got the servers restarted for me. Just want to make sure I at least give her proper recognition for being super damn awesome.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

same problem with NFS Most Wanted and FIFA 13 we got no videos or anything at all from them (at least Ubi put a trailer for AC3:L )

spannicus

They are afraid people will get interested in these games and might even -god forbid -buy them.

I wonder what Sony did with the so called 50+ Million that so called went towards the Vita marketing. They announce these titles and then you do not see them until gaming events and when you do it's mostly cut scenes. Is Nihilistic really working on COD?

I can't without getting people in trouble/fired, no. But im sure someone around here can vouch for my 'predictions' being right in regards to the vita. Chubigans!?!

If its the "8" at a time, I'll be terribly disappointed. After all of the waiting, I'd like access to the majority of PS1 games. I want a selection off the bat. Otherwise, I'm going to think "6 months if waiting and this is it?"...

I want Tomb Raider 1/2, RE1/2/3, Medevil, Cool Boarder, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Gran Turismo....all on the go, on Vita.

They are afraid people will get interested in these games and might even -god forbid -buy them.

My worry is that EA is going to port (not a slightly downscaled PS3 engine/version), but a slightly better iOS/Android version, all while charging $40.00...while tablet/phone users will get the same game, or close to it for $4.99. That would seem bad, but, heck why would they really put a lot of effort towards Vita, when EA is now investing heavily on mobile. Vita deserves better. We Vita owners deserve better.

I hope I'm wrong.

spannicus

I added four more games to my PSP games on the Vita thing. Final Fantasy IV Complete, Ys Seven, Cladun X2 and Dead Head Fred.

I don't see much Puddle talk in this thread. What do you guys think? I play it in quick bursts but i'm digging it so far.

I'm enjoying Puddle. I think its a good game for the price. I wish Neko would release some DLC for it but I doubt it. Puddle is a good game to pass the time on the Vita, I think its better than the Fooseball game Lol.

I'm thinking of getting the PSP versions of Metal Slug. I haven't played it since I had a Saturn and a RAM cart. I'm seeing multiple versions on the PSN store. Any opinions on which has the best emulation?

Sol1dus

I'm thinking of getting the PSP versions of Metal Slug. I haven't played it since I had a Saturn and a RAM cart. I'm seeing multiple versions on the PSN store. Any opinions on which has the best emulation?

I had the MS collection on PSP. Its good, but I was waiting for it to drop from $20. 1-3 were pretty much perfect, but 4 and 5 lagged a bit if I remember correctly. Even at the character selection screen there's chugging.

If its the "8" at a time, I'll be terribly disappointed. After all of the waiting, I'd like access to the majority of PS1 games. I want a selection off the bat. Otherwise, I'm going to think "6 months if waiting and this is it?"...

If what I heard is true, and it's a big IF, as the info keeps changing... but this person told me virtually everything. They said there are a few games held up with licensing problems but just about the whole library will be there on day one.

Now, he didn't say what games wouldn't be. So it might be all of your favorite games. Or it might be random shit with weird music licenses(or companies that went out of business since initially posting the game on the PSN).

I can't say I know this as a fact, as I was also told that the June Vita Games Heaven was gonna be massive and now I'm a toolbag. But this person has given me legit info in the past including PSO-2 weeks before it was announced, Motorstorm RC being free weeks before it was announced... and other stuff.

Ponn

Banned
How many here would be interested in a Hot Shots tournament this coming sunday with the new Private match feature? I've got an extra Vita Cradle new in box I might even put up as a first place prize.

VanWinkle

I just need Rayman and Crash 1/2/3/Team Racing to work. It's hard for me to play PS1 titles now (they don't age well for me personally), but those particular games still have my enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom