• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah. rumors...
I hope it wasn't Kotaku based...
well side note, what would anybody like to see for their ideal PSone support launch games.
I'm hoping to resume my Chrono Cross file so I would like that and probably FF8 I'm itching to dive back into that for the 100th time. little cherry on the top, one I never could get into but i wanna see what the rage is about, Legend of Dragoon.

ah. rumors...
well side note, what would anybody like to see for their ideal PSone support launch games.

I'm pretty sure ff7 will be ready at launch but I would like Mgs, vagrant story, and bust a move/groove (played the shit out of this one). Probably wishful thinking on bust a move. Would also like puzzle fighter.

ah. rumors...
I'm hoping to resume my Chrono Cross file so I would like that and probably FF8 I'm itching to dive back into that for the 100th time. little cherry on the top, one I never could get into but i wanna see what the rage is about, Legend of Dragoon.

everyone-the-professikjaor.gif

but if I had to choose resident evil 3 and pocket fighter :D

Benedict

Everybody's Tennis is dirt cheap on EU PSN. costs 35 sek, or 26.50 sek if you are a Plus-subscriber.
That's about 4 € or 3 € for +

You can download Wizorb directly on Vitas in EU.

I just want my Cyberbots to work. But I am worried, because it is that special Japan classic whatever release.

Yes! That too! I hope there are no issues with it. Dat Dpad and that dat OLED. Wish Pocket Fighter was compatible with PSP in the US. Anyone know why it's PS3 only? In Japan, it is playable on PSP I believe.

ah. rumors...

If all games being supported from the get go wasn't possible: I'd like Final Fantasy VIII, Castlevania SOTN and Megaman X4 (if it was added to PSN)

DR2K

Banned
What's this talk about select PS1 games on the Vita, they're not all going to be compatible? What a joke of a system Vita must be to Sony.

They need to lower the prices of those memory cards. I want a 32 gb, but when it's like 30 on sd and 100 on the vita? Not gonna happen. I have a ton of games I'd like to get but not at these prices for the stick.

If all games being supported from the get go wasn't possible: I'd like Final Fantasy VIII, Castlevania SOTN and Megaman X4 (if it was added to PSN)

Where are the Megaman X Psone games anyways? damn those would be awesome to have. it is an anniversary year right? Maybe Capcom would be nice enough?

OH, I'm not mistaken when Sony made it sound like a limited amount of games would be working at the launch of Psone support right? at E3 right?

Massa

They need to lower the prices of those memory cards. I want a 32 gb, but when it's like 30 on sd and 100 on the vita? Not gonna happen. I have a ton of games I'd like to get but not at these prices for the stick.

They lose money on the hardware. If the cards were $50 cheaper and the Vita $50 more expensive, would you feel any differently about it?

In any case, the 32Gb is $81 at Walmart if you're interested.

Logged in to psn last night.

new section "vita sale" - ooohhhh

has 4 games in it.... all PSP games lol.

Cant wait for next week when there actualy sale starts

this is in europe by the way.

Quick question.

Are "White Knight Chronicals Origins" or "Valhalla Knights 2 Battle Stance" any good. Been watching vids and I just cant tell.

Quick question.

Are "White Knight Chronicals Origins" or "Valhalla Knights 2 Battle Stance" any good. Been watching vids and I just cant tell.

What do you mean next week sales? Will psp/psv games get pricecuts next week?

RpgN

I hope MGS Collection will be on that sale, I just can't justify spending money on it when I have the PS2 versions :/ And then they raised the price by 4 pounds after a while, they better have a decent price drop like 12 pounds or something. Disgaea 3 would be welcome too...and some DLC's would be very welcome.

orioto said:
Hahaha, actually Wizorb isn't that hard when you can accelerate the rod^^ Thx RpgN ! I finally beat the first world with one continue and many lives in the end.

You're welcome! Yeah, it isn't so bad in the end and totally worth the asking price. Have fun with the rest of the game.

Good to know. Lets see what they got for us. :)

fingers crossed for sales on peacewalker, P3P and Dungeon hunter (drop it to like £10 please). I know its a gameloft game but id buy it for a tenner. Its just totally a rip off at 20-30 quid.

I have most the big games I want already. Id probably pick up Mortal Kombat at £20 or lower and possibly virtua tennis as well.

can anyone tell me how long TitS is? im really enjoying it and im about 10 hours in and I dont think the main story has really kicked off at all yet lol.

Can someone give me a link or a short rundown about quirky/familyfriendly/charming PSP-games I could play on my possible future Vita?

I am not so much into the shooter thing, and of those games already released for the Vita Gravity Rush and Escape Plan seem to be perfect candidates for my gaming tastes.

But I'd love to play some of those gems I missed by not ever owning a PSP...

Any answer is much appreciated... :)

can anyone tell me how long TitS is? im really enjoying it and im about 10 hours in and I dont think the main story has really kicked off at all yet lol.
It's quite long and you will need 40-60 hours to complete it. Some people claim the story kicks off a bit further into the game, but I never noticed that point myself when I played it.
PSY・S;40293920 said:
Holy shit, Advanced Killzone Wars. Make it happen Sony.
Yes, please. Actually, I would be really happy to just get Field Commander on the European store.

demigod

I'm pretty sure ff7 will be ready at launch but I would like Mgs, vagrant story, and bust a move/groove (played the shit out of this one). Probably wishful thinking on bust a move. Would also like puzzle fighter.

Don't count on Bust a Groove, it's not even on PSN. I've been waiting for this game since it was rated by PEGI, wonder why SE hasn't released it yet.

I'm pretty sure most PS1 games on the PS store will be playable and not that bs 8 games per month/quarter some people are reporting.

It's quite long and you will need 40-60 hours to complete it. Some people claims the story kicks off a bit further into the game, but I never noticed that point myself when I played it.

awesome. A nice long game then. I always like to have one of these on the go that I can chill out to in bed on work nights.

Can someone give me a link or a short rundown about quirky/familyfriendly/charming PSP-games I could play on my possible future Vita?

I am not so much into the shooter thing, and of those games already released for the Vita Gravity Rush and Escape Plan seem to be perfect candidates for my gaming tastes.

But I'd love to play some of those gems I missed by not ever owning a PSP...

Any answer is much appreciated... :)
The Patapon games are pretty cool and LocoRoco might fulfill your desire of quirky.

fingers crossed for sales on peacewalker, P3P and Dungeon hunter (drop it to like £10 please). I know its a gameloft game but id buy it for a tenner. Its just totally a rip off at 20-30 quid.

I have most the big games I want already. Id probably pick up Mortal Kombat at £20 or lower and possibly virtua tennis as well.

Sainsbury had DH for £12 a while back which triggered me to pick it up, also got VT4 for £16 from shopto the other week as well. There are some bargains out there to be had if you hunt around.

Hoping to see a discount on MK in the sale, my only problem is that I need a bigger memory card. Already filled up one 16GB don't know whether to just get another or step up to a 32?

Sainsbury had DH for £12 a while back which triggered me to pick it up, also got VT4 for £16 from shopto the other week as well. There are some bargains out there to be had if you hunt around.

Hoping to see a discount on MK in the sale, my only problem is that I need a bigger memory card. Already filled up one 16GB don't know whether to just get another or step up to a 32?

Id def buy them at those prices. The sainsburys near me doesnt seem to have any vita stuff. Can you buy from them online?

Don't count on Bust a Groove, it's not even on PSN. I've been waiting for this game since it was rated by PEGI, wonder why SE hasn't released it yet.

I'd imagine that it has to do with licensing. Avex Trax (one of the biggest music labels in Japan) put together Bust A Move's soundtrack. Licensing is the biggest hurdle with old games on download networks. Especially once we got to a point where licensing became common. They didn't do the soundtrack for BaM2, which is why it's no surprise that the soundtrack for that isn't as good. Although Hiro's theme in that is fantastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fhw6EF0a_4

The BaM/BaG games are still my favorite music games.

Id def buy them at those prices. The sainsburys near me doesnt seem to have any vita stuff. Can you buy from them online?

Yeah this was online (just checked it was £12.99 http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dun...-99-sainsburys-entertainment-1232580#comments , looks like it is back up to £25 now though which is way too much for it.

Maybe will see a sale on it as it's quite old now and certainly overpriced. VT4 might go back in the sale but was dropped in the sale as well for Wimbledon finals.

spats

Was browsing play.com and saw a listing for a WRC: FIA World Rally Championship 3 Vita version. I didn't know that was coming over. I'd LOVE a portable rally game with decent controls.

M779d.png

Another question to my previous one (are white night chronicles and valhalla knights 2 BS any good?)

Whats the closest game to Phantasy star portable that I can get on my Vita? Not including MH or God eater.

I like the look of ragnarock but I cant tell if that's coming to Europe or not. I hope it does but I get the feeling I'm gonna be disappointed.

Worst case we can import from US or Canada :)

But i;m giving some time to Ghostlight for annoucment hopefully they will pick RO.

Or maybe xseed could release it digitally themselves like they did with corpse party.

Jubern

Good day, everyone.,I have a little question about the PS Vita if you don't mind.

If I buy a PS Vita in Yurop, I suppose the button config for menus will be stuck on X: select and O: cancel. That would be logical.

But what of the games ? Is it like on PS3, where almost every game "select/cancel" button config is forced by the console region, and not the game origin?
For a more concrete example, if I play Persona 4G JP version on a European Vita, will circle be the select button like it should, or will the EU Vita force the western setup?

I'm asking because, as petty as it sounds, I'm way too used to the circle: select/cross: cancel setup, between over a decade of import gaming, Nintendo consoles (which retain this setup) and even my Japanese PS3 which forces most western games to the circle setup.
But with the various Vita sales in Europe (where I am currently) and the effing strong yen, it is definitely becoming more interesting to buy a Vita.

I wouldn't pass the opportunity to buy a EU Vita because of this, but I'm really curious to know before I (maybe) bite the bullet.

Good day, everyone.,I have a little question about the PS Vita if you don't mind.

If I buy a PS Vita in Yurop, I suppose the button config for menus will be stuck on X: select and O: cancel. That would be logical.

But what of the games ? Is it like on PS3, where almost every game "select/cancel" button config is forced by the console region, and not the game origin?
For a more concrete example, if I play Persona 4G JP version on a European Vita, will circle be the select button like it should, or will the EU Vita force the western setup?

I'm asking because, as petty as it sounds, I'm way too used to the circle: select/cross: cancel setup, between over a decade of import gaming, Nintendo consoles (which retain this setup) and even my Japanese PS3 which forces most western games to the circle setup.
But with the various Vita sales in Europe (where I am currently) and the effing strong yen, it is definitely becoming more interesting to buy a Vita.

I wouldn't pass the opportunity to buy a EU Vita because of this, but I'm really curious to know before I (maybe) bite the bullet.

Im pretty sure that stuff is set in the software of the game not the hardware

Jubern

Im pretty sure that stuff is set in the software of the game not the hardware

It'd be nice if you (or someone else) could confirm this, since on PS3 it was actually set in the hardware, unless the dev purposedly overrode it (like Yakuza 3 and 4 western releases, which use X no matter what.)

It'd be nice if you (or someone else) could confirm this, since on PS3 it was actually set in the hardware, unless the dev purposedly overrode it (like Yakuza 3 and 4 western releases, which use X no matter what.)

I dont have anyway of testing this im afraid. Just sounds odd that it would be hard coded into a system to change a games controls.

Was browsing play.com and saw a listing for a WRC: FIA World Rally Championship 3 Vita version. I didn't know that was coming over. I'd LOVE a portable rally game with decent controls.

M779d.png
I would probably prefer Dirt 4, if they can do a decent version. I doubt WRC3 will be as good a starting point. Chances of Dirt 4 on Vita? Are Codemasters even doing a F1 2012 on Vita?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom