• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR2K

Banned
It would be cool if the Vita could end up being like the portable equivalent of Steam. I think most indie developers don't mind doing a game for both PS3 and Vita, but I still don't know how good of an idea it is to focus solely on the PS3/Vita buy one get both method.

It won't happen as long as Sony remains incompatent with their online store.

Takao

Banned
I would probably prefer Dirt 4, if they can do a decent version. I doubt WRC3 will be as good a starting point. Chances of Dirt 4 on Vita? Are Codemasters even doing a F1 2012 on Vita?

Codemasters hasn't announced if they're doing a Vita or 3DS version of F1 2012 as of yet. So they probably won't be.

Can someone give me a link or a short rundown about quirky/familyfriendly/charming PSP-games I could play on my possible future Vita?

I am not so much into the shooter thing, and of those games already released for the Vita Gravity Rush and Escape Plan seem to be perfect candidates for my gaming tastes.

But I'd love to play some of those gems I missed by not ever owning a PSP...

Any answer is much appreciated... :)

Alongside LocoRoco and Patapon you have games like Patchwork Heroes, and Gurumin.

Is there way to make the browser work so that when you click a youtube link, it opens it in the YT app?

Idk, I find it super annoying that it doesn't. Or it doesn't work on the sites I go to.

spannicus

footage of lead version first,port later. :p

I am really starting to hate the whole IOS android gaming thing, it really is effecting handhelds in a negative way. When a tablet and a phone get first priority over a dedicated handheld something is wrong. I know the IOS install base is huge but come on, this shit is ludicrous. Death to IOS.

Kyon

Banned
I wish my expectations were that low.

Why do you even HAVE a Vita at this point tbh?
3094wpelgl54.gif

STore has been making me pretty happy

They seem to be improving, slowly, as they go along.

I still wish they'd have more blowout sales on first party PSP stuff. So many awesome games that people would enjoy if Sony highlighted them and marked them down from time to time...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Vita store need to get better and fast, they need more DD games for Vita, there is serious lacks real sales (like steam),most PSP games are very overpriced,some minis don't show up fast on Vita(like why Velocity take all that time?)the lack of apps,lack of trailers, lack of demos..ect,Sony really need to fix and changes many things about it.

Takao

Banned
Vita store need to get better and fast, they need more DD games for Vita, there is serious lacks real sales (like steam),most PSP games are very overpriced,some minis don't show up fast on Vita(like why Velocity take all that time?)the lack of apps,lack of trailers, lack of demos..ect,Sony really need to fix and changes many things about it.

Speaking of apps. What happened to Wake Up Club, and the other ones we were supposed to get this summer? They are already available in English.

For people complaining about deals and the store and the lack of games, Psp was the same for most of its life, so you may want get used to it.

Sony can only give so much, they have a lot on their plate and its up to developers to really make the meat on the bones we nibble at, I would say Sony has done a tremendous job putting out a new and exciting platform, and providing some real high tier games to kickstart it's products life. Even if releases are few and far between I am more than satisfied, and look forward to the coming experiences with this system.

Also never forget, if it fails, if support gets dropped, it will be hacked. It will be cracked wide open and will ascend to a new level. It has the potential to become one of the best hand held emulators ever.

Takao

Banned
For people complaining about deals and the store and the lack of games, Psp was the same for most of its life, so you may want get used to it.

Sony can only give so much, they have a lot on their plate and its up to developers to really make the meat on the bones we nibble at, I would say Sony has done a tremendous job putting out a new and exciting platform, and providing some real high tier games to kickstart it's products life. Even if releases are few and far between I am more than satisfied, and look forward to the coming experiences with this system.

Sony owns many developers. Many of them are not making Vita games. This is a problem.

spats

Also never forget, if it fails, if support gets dropped, it will be hacked. It will be cracked wide open and will ascend to a new level. It has the potential to become one of the best hand held emulators ever.

If what little sales they have now die off, they won't be able to keep manufacturing the systems. I don't think you can build any sort of notable homebrew scene around a platform with just a few million systems out in the wild. And thinking years later when the batteries start dying and sticks stop working there won't be third parties building those things if there isn't an install base to support that stuff.

spectyre

Just a heads up for anyone interested. Amazon US has the PS Vita portable charger for $29.99. I've had my eye on this for a while but just couldn't bite @ $49.99. Steam and BB have done enough damage to my wallet in the last week, but I still had to jump on this.

mauaus

Codemasters hasn't announced if they're doing a Vita or 3DS version of F1 2012 as of yet. So they probably won't be.

Alongside LocoRoco and Patapon you have games like Patchwork Heroes, and Gurumin.

Gurumin is really calling out to me, would you recommend it takao?

LuchaShaq

Banned
"like new" vita on amazon for 160.

About a dozen craigslist bundles in my area with vita+ mem card + 2-3 games for 200 or less.

Resistance is waning!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Called my old apt's leasing office from 2 years ago, and they don't have it. Thought maybe they'd turn it in.
Well, I'm going to my old apt and knocking on the door later today. Let's see what happens.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Called my old apt's leasing office from 2 years ago, and they don't have it. Thought maybe they'd turn it in.
Well, I'm going to my old apt and knocking on the door later today. Let's see what happens.
Good luck! Did the package not have any sort of tracking or insurance?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Good luck! Did the package not have any sort of tracking or insurance?
Nope, just a basic a bubble mailer from Hong Kong.
I contacted Play-Asia just in case to see if maybe they'll be nice, but I know it's my fault.
I hope they didn't steal it and just did "Return to Sender" on the package.

That's what I do with mail that isn't mine at least.

Lucent

Nope, just a basic a bubble mailer from Hong Kong.
I contacted Play-Asia just in case to see if maybe they'll be nice, but I know it's my fault.
I hope they didn't steal it and just did "Return to Sender" on the package.

That's what I do with mail that isn't mine at least.

You say that, but I know you keep that stuff. You're a bad person.
Just kidding. =P

On topic, I WANT SOME VITA SALES BESIDES SPORTS GAMES! >_<

I'd buy Peacewalker digitally in a heartbeat for $10. If they discounted any of the PSP Ys games, I'd grab those too. Also the Dracula X game.

I'm not sure I'm sold on digitally putting the Vita games on my card; so I think I've seen this request in this thread somewhere before, but I'm going to re-ask, since mine is a little different.

Someone else wanted to know of a good Vita card only case (not including a spot for the system). I wouldn't mind having a case that stored it all. I definitely don't want to keep my game cards in their cases unless I'm not currently playing them.

Also where's the best place to get some good wallpapers or something -- themes and such -- for the background pages? And what's the best way to load them over to the Vita? Can I just use the Vita's browser?

Famassu

It's horrible. It bears one of the worst stories to ever grace the medium, and its combat design is suspect at best. Encounters are repetitive and drawn out. It does have a few redeeming qualities, but people who actually played it here don't talk about it for a reason. :(
No, it's a good game. Encounters are not at all repetitive as the game offers tons of different kinds of scenarios and cool boss fights. They aren't that drawn out either, if you know what you're doing.

The story is crap, though, you can't get around that fact even if you tried.

PaulSancheezzee

Neo Member
Just a heads up for anyone interested. Amazon US has the PS Vita portable charger for $29.99. I've had my eye on this for a while but just couldn't bite @ $49.99. Steam and BB have done enough damage to my wallet in the last week, but I still had to jump on this.

Thanks! Just ordered!

Mondriaan

Sony owns many developers. Many of them are not making Vita games. This is a problem.
It's not really a problem.

My opinion is that they would get more mileage with a Playstation C.A.M.P. type program for the Vita, but PS Mobile is a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom