• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
I think we all agree on that,Sony need to act and fix many things including the system price, the store, lack of games,the games prices ..ect

but I just don't know/understand exactly how CFW will solve your (and our) problem with Sony and Vita here?

you know why... smh

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
man why you gotta be like that

But now that you mention it, I have a few problems while playing Katamari sometimes. You may be right about me being bad at that game, so lucky you!
It helps me feel better about myself. :(

I'm awful at Katamari too.

I just use my fingers to wipe the screen when the smudges are visible. I don't think I ever wiped this system with a cloth or anything of the sort.
You smudge the smudges?

Sheik

Because there's usually a drought of games in the Summer (followed by a ton of games in the Fall/Winter for the Holiday season)? I don't think it's exactly a Vita-exclusive problem (though the Vita has more noticeable symptoms, since the system is still new and the back catalog isn't that large yet). :)

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that this is a problem exclusive to the Vita. I love my Vita and my wallet is ready for Sound Shapes. I just wish some of those October games were releasing now while I have the time to play them ;(.

Is there any news on Jet Set Radio? I still have no idea if it's a PSN only release which is making me wonder what will happen to my preorder.

TheAznOne

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that this is a problem exclusive to the Vita. I love my Vita and my wallet is ready for Sound Shapes. I just wish some of those October games were releasing now while I have the time to play them ;(.

Is there any news on Jet Set Radio? I still have no idea if it's a PSN only release which is making me wonder what will happen to my preorder.

Last I've heard is that JSR will be multi-platform. No exclusives.

Massa

I should clarify that by visible I mean visible while the screen is turned on. :p

With the Vita off that thing is going to look dirty no matter what, there's no point trying to fight it.

Grinchy

Banned
I should clarify that by visible I mean visible while the screen is turned on. :p

With the Vita off that thing is going to look dirty no matter what, there's no point trying to fight it.

Oh man I love wiping my Vita down and having it all perfect and shiny before picking it up and getting smudges all over it again. It just looks so nice when it's all clean.

Oh man I love wiping my Vita down and having it all perfect and shiny before picking it up and getting smudges all over it again. It just looks so nice when it's all clean.

my problem is i have oily skin, or so it would seem, so i get the rainbow marks on it. I just rub over them a certain direction to make them disappear. I dont wipe my screen down with a cloth that often though as its smudgy again in 2 mins. I only car about the ones I can see while Im playing anyway.

Finished MGS3 last night. That MGS HD collection is such a bargain and I still cant believe how good it looks concideing its just a HD upgrade. Got the VR missions, snake tales and orginal metal gear 1 and 2 to play still at somepoint to. Bargain.

Looked at the video of cladun x2. looks like its almost like a "rogue like" game. can anyone confirm this? tempted to get it.

Anyone get Class of Heroes on the Vita? How is the game? I already got Kenka Bancho, Ys Chronicles and Persona 3 portable from the sale, but is Class of Heroes and Ysgra Union or whatever worth getting? I want to make sure I have some stuff to play for the ongoing drought. All I play is Mortal Kombat to be honest.

Takao

Banned
Anyone get Class of Heroes on the Vita? How is the game? I already got Kenka Bancho, Ys Chronicles and Persona 3 portable from the sale, but is Class of Heroes and Ysgra Union or whatever worth getting? I want to make sure I have some stuff to play for the ongoing drought. All I play is Mortal Kombat to be honest.

I heard the second Class of Heroes (which will be released in North America in September for PSP) is considerably better than the first.

kiyomi

Forgive me if the answer is obvious here guys but is it possible to do this :

-Buy a US PSP title and download
-Switch to EU account (the same as on Vita)
-Transfer to EU Vita

?

Thanks.

Ran rp

Forgive me if the answer is obvious here guys but is it possible to do this :

-Buy a US PSP title and download
-Switch to EU account (the same as on Vita)
-Transfer to EU Vita

?

Thanks.

You can only transfer PSP titles with the account you purchased them with.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm a bit tight for cash and memory space these days and given the performance of the other GTAs available (on the EU store anyway) I thought I'd just wait for a GTA Vita but Chinatown Wars has that retro top-down view so I was thinking it might go alongside a new 3D GTA quite well.
I'm like the earlier GTAs too but haven't really played Chinatown Wars, does it hold up well just driving around, messing about?

I'm a bit tight for cash and memory space these days and given the performance of the other GTAs available (on the EU store anyway) I thought I'd just wait for a GTA Vita but Chinatown Wars has that retro top-down view so I was thinking it might go alongside a new 3D GTA quite well.
I'm like the earlier GTAs too but haven't really played Chinatown Wars, does it hold up well just driving around, messing about?

I played the IOS one which is nigh on identical and I thought it was pretty fun. Like all gta's i got a bit fed up after a few hours but you can still have good fun driving about, crashing, running people over and finding those hiden jumps on the map.

Im kinda tempted to actually get it on my vita because the main things that i didnt like on IOS were touch controls, crappy battery life and my phone turning into a radiator while playing games on it.

Zen

Banned
Does anyone know if there's a way that you can get the Killzone Liberation update running on Vita? You can get Killzone Liberation onto Vita with the content manager (glorious constant 60fps) but you can't download the update in game anymore.

Koroviev

Microfiber cloth. You need one.

BIdEF.jpg

Such a beautiful thing (;_;)

Does anyone know if there's a way that you can get the Killzone Liberation update running on Vita? You can get Killzone Liberation onto Vita with the content manager (glorious constant 60fps) but you can't download the update in game anymore.

Can this not be done in the live area? click the refresh button or the yellow down arrow button.

Being in the EU I havnt been able to even get the game, let alone test this but thats how updates normally are handled.

Not that I know of. You can do it on hacked PSPs...but not on Vita.

Can this not be done in the live area? click the refresh button or the yellow down arrow button.

Being in the EU I havnt been able to even get the game, let alone test this but thats how updates normally are handled.

You had to download the file through the game through the PSP browser, but you can't do that now. On the PSP you could move the already-downloaded installer files onto your memory stick and open the browser, close it then the installer would pop up, but since we can't get at the emulated PSP memory stick we can't do that either. It's probably impossible.

my problem is i have oily skin, or so it would seem, so i get the rainbow marks on it. I just rub over them a certain direction to make them disappear. I dont wipe my screen down with a cloth that often though as its smudgy again in 2 mins. I only car about the ones I can see while Im playing anyway.

Finished MGS3 last night. That MGS HD collection is such a bargain and I still cant believe how good it looks concideing its just a HD upgrade. Got the VR missions, snake tales and orginal metal gear 1 and 2 to play still at somepoint to. Bargain.

Looked at the video of cladun x2. looks like its almost like a "rogue like" game. can anyone confirm this? tempted to get it.

The Hori protector really helps with the smudges. MGS3 is one of my favorite games of all time. Cladun X2 has randomly generated dungeons and items, so yeah, it's a fair bit like a roguelike.

The Hori protector really helps with the smudges. MGS3 is one of my favorite games of all time. Cladun X2 has randomly generated dungeons and items, so yeah, it's a fair bit like a roguelike.

Might have to pick it up. I like messing about with those types of games from time to time.

Yeah MGS 3 was really good. I seemed more hooked on MGS2 despite it having worse controls and camera angles but that is more than likely because I went straight from 2 to 3 and was starting to feel like I needed a break from playing MGS. However I fired it up again last night and got stuck right in and finished it and it was great.

MGS was the first to really do proper, almost movie like stories but still have amazing gameplay and never forget its a game. I find a lot of modern games forget to remember this and feel more like an interactive movie where all you are personally doing is running down a path to get to the next cut scene. Its as if gameplay takes a back seat which I dont think should ever happen apart from in some very particular game types.

Trigger

I bought CoH, and I regret the purchase. It's very old school and clunky at times. If you've got Persona 3 then considering playing Persona or Persona 2. Both are old school (like CoH), but have far more interesting mechanics and story.

Might have to pick it up. I like messing about with those types of games from time to time.

Yeah MGS 3 was really good. I seemed more hooked on MGS2 despite it having worse controls and camera angles but that is more than likely because I went straight from 2 to 3 and was starting to feel like I needed a break from playing MGS. However I fired it up again last night and got stuck right in and finished it and it was great.

MGS was the first to really do proper, almost movie like stories but still have amazing gameplay and never forget its a game. I find a lot of modern games forget to remember this and feel more like an interactive movie where all you are personally doing is running down a path to get to the next cut scene. Its as if gameplay takes a back seat which I dont think should ever happen apart from in some very particular game types.

MGS3 (and by extension a lot of the MG series) tend to be light on gameplay, but considering it's one of my favorite game series of all time I don't really give a damn. I always tear up during the final few scenes of the story, mainly because it's such a detailed and well done story. MGS3 has to be one of my favorite games now. I shoot myself these days because I've had more than one chance to actually get into it and finish it but never took the plunge until it came to the HD Collection. Just, if ANYONE is reading this post, get the HD Collection and finish MGS3 if you haven't already.

MGS3 (and by extension a lot of the MG series) tend to be light on gameplay, but considering it's one of my favorite game series of all time I don't really give a damn. I always tear up during the final few scenes of the story, mainly because it's such a detailed and well done story. MGS3 has to be one of my favorite games now. I shoot myself these days because I've had more than one chance to actually get into it and finish it but never took the plunge until it came to the HD Collection. Just, if ANYONE is reading this post, get the HD Collection and finish MGS3 if you haven't already.

The thing is I dont think it is light on gamplay. Skip all the cut scenes and you have an 8 hour game or so. Sure with the cut scenes its like 10-20 lol. I know you can speed run these things a lot faster. Also the gameplay is also really good.

Take other games modern games that are 8 hours including cut scenes. And the gameplay is a lot simpler. The MGS series has some amazing attention to detail in the gameplay elements with the amount of ways you can take people out that it never directly tells you how to do. You can also play the games in slightly different ways depending on how you play. Again this isn't common in a lot of modern games.

The thing is I dont think it is light on gamplay. Skip all the cut scenes and you have an 8 hour game or so. Sure with the cut scenes its like 10-20 lol. I know you can speed run these things a lot faster. Also the gameplay is also really good.

Take other games modern games that are 8 hours including cut scenes. And the gameplay is a lot simpler. The MGS series has some amazing attention to detail in the gameplay elements with the amount of ways you can take people out that it never directly tells you how to do. You can also play the games in slightly different ways depending on how you play. Again this isn't common in a lot of modern games.

I agree with the idea that it has very good gameplay with the detail that I absolutely love (jeez, the scripts for the codec convos can be upwards of 500 kilobytes). I was comparing the custscene to gameplay ratio.

Also got a new update coming up soon. Should be up in five.

I agree with the idea that it has very good gameplay with the detail that I absolutely love (jeez, the scripts for the codec convos can be upwards of 500 kilobytes). I was comparing the custscene to gameplay ratio.

tell me about it. I remember getting to the
metal gear ray
fight in MGS 2. I look at the clock and it was 1:30am... i thought... il just beat this, finish the game
didnt realise there was another fight after
and go sleep about 2ish...... 3:30 I was finished.... about 30 mins of that was playing the game I think lol. Still love it though.

I made a new video if anyone's interested. These Weekly Updates have been going on for a damn long time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK4LMK6-T84

tell me about it. I remember getting to the
metal gear ray
fight in MGS 2. I look at the clock and it was 1:30am... i thought... il just beat this, finish the game
didnt realise there was another fight after
and go sleep about 2ish...... 3:30 I was finished.... about 30 mins of that was playing the game I think lol. Still love it though.

I still haven't finished that yet. Will need to pull out the Vita and do so.

Yopis

Started MGS2 for kicks and memories. Maybe I should have jumped straight to 3 since I never played it. Agree fully on the value part. Really cool to be playing MGS2 on Vita.My crushing run of UCGA took away some of my time. Currently doing ames mission.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Eh, I found MGS2 to be more entertaining than 3. I enjoyed 2's game-y aspects and I didn't feel like I was invulnerable (maybe MGS3 normal is just a cakewalk, I don't know). Prefered 3's story though, it was dumb, but not offensively so.

Eh, I found MGS2 to be more entertaining than 3. I enjoyed 2's game-y aspects and I didn't feel like I was invulnerable (maybe MGS3 normal is just a cakewalk, I don't know). Prefered 3's story though, it was dumb, but not offensively so.

To be fair it really is a bit of a cakewalk. Go European Extreme. Seen once? INSTANT GAME OVER.

spannicus

Asked Nihilistic if they were developing COD and they didnt answer. I know they have no obligation to tell me anything but if they weren't dont you think they should have said "no not us"

Yopis

Never ran MGS3 back when It released. Should I play 3 on a higher difficulty? Agree on MGS2 I was one of the few that had a good time with it. Wish ICO collection was on Vita, miss that game as well.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Never ran MGS3 back when It released. Should I play 3 on a higher difficulty? Agree on MGS2 I was one of the few that had a good time with it. Wish ICO collection was on Vita, miss that game as well.
It was my first time as well. In 3 on Normal, you can pretty much walk up to enemies in their line of sight, knock them cold with a grab and it won't set off the alarm. And even if you do happen to set the alarm off, it takes a very, very long time to die. You can take 15-20 shots without a problem.

Yopis

I was my first time as well. In 3 on Normal, you can pretty much walk up to enemies in their line of sight, knock them cold with a grab and it won't set off the alarm. And even if you do happen to set the alarm off, it takes a very, very long time to die. You can take 15-20 shots without a problem.

Yikes thanks for the heads up.

mshlive

I need friends! PSN: Expozee

I bought my Vita a couple of weeks ago and I'm in love, I just worry a bit about exactly what games we'll be getting.

Anyway, I currently own:

Retail:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Asphalt Injection

Digital:
Motorstorm RC
SuperStardust Delta
Plants vs Zombies
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Any further recommendations would really help.

mauaus

I bought my Vita a couple of weeks ago and I'm in love, I just worry a bit about exactly what games we'll be getting.

Anyway, I currently own:

Retail:
Asphalt Injection

Digital:
Motorstorm RC
SuperStardust Delta
Plants vs Zombies

Get Mutant Blobs At... oh wait, nevermind... carry on :)

Anyway, I currently own:

Retail:
Asphalt Injection

Digital:
Motorstorm RC
SuperStardust Delta
Plants vs Zombies

Your list sorely lacks Gravity Rush.

brentech

Play the demo, it's not everyone's ace up their sleeve.

Reminds me of how I felt about the first AC. Slightly less annoying, but not as fun of combat either. Seems a sequel has far more potential.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Ugh.

Got a Vita last night... Of course, PSN was down for maintenence.

But now when I sign in, it says my email/username and password are incorrect. I'm CERTAIN I'm inputting the infocorrectly. So, I put in my birthday/email for a recovery, and it tells me that my info doesn't match.

This happened to me a while ago, and was able to straighten it out by calling. Hopefully I can do that again. But, I know I'm not doing it... So why do these problems keep happening?

No fraud of any sort that I can detect on anything.

patsu

Ugh.

Got a Vita last night... Of course, PSN was down for maintenence.

But now when I sign in, it says my email/username and password are incorrect. I'm CERTAIN I'm inputting the infocorrectly. So, I put in my birthday/email for a recovery, and it tells me that my info doesn't match.

This happened to me a while ago, and was able to straighten it out by calling. Hopefully I can do that again. But, I know I'm not doing it... So why do these problems keep happening?

No fraud of any sort that I can detect on anything.

If you are still having problem, hold down power button for 30 seconds to hard reset the Vita.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

Anyway, I currently own:

Retail:
Asphalt Injection

Digital:
Motorstorm RC
SuperStardust Delta
Plants vs Zombies

Patchwork Heroes (PSN $9.99)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Play the demo, it's not everyone's ace up their sleeve.

Reminds me of how I felt about the first AC. Slightly less annoying, but not as fun of combat either. Seems a sequel has far more potential.

It is a good comparision... but MAN, I couldn't stand AC1's combat. "Counter: THE GAME!" It was some of the most un-interactive, "play the game for me" stuff I ever felt. It WAS fun to look at, at least. In GR, I'm actively dodging, stringing together my own style combos, and attacks have purpose.

And the Flag stuff in AC1... also hated it, as it had nothing to do with in-game incentive. Searching for Precious Gems in GR gets you EXP, and is one of the best ways to get it.

But yeah, great thing that there is a demo; the game isn't for everyone, but if you find it's for you, it's great.

Patchwork Heroes (PSN $9.99)

I was pretty interested in this when I looked at it, but don't hear many recommendations for it. I guess because it's a few years old? Looks fun and unique, though.

Sol1dus

Yup, rogue like indeed, but I have Cladun 1 and after a few dungeons I was kind of tired of it. But it has such a great soundtrack that I sometimes boot the game up just because of that. :p I blame myself for not liking it though, I was looking for a dungeon crawler with lots of loot and thought the game would be like that.

I have Yggdra Union and I couldn't get into it. Its been the only game I've deleted off my Vita. It reminds of Advanced Wars but its not fun. After a battle that lasted almost 40 minutes, I was forced to start over again. Also, you can't skip over "cut-scenes". I think you're better off getting the game they were talking about 2 pages ago that's kind of like Advanced Wars.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Well, the lady in my old apartment turned in my game to the Office.
And the office is telling me they returned it to Play-Asia.

PA says when they get the package back, they'll reship to my new address.
Guess I'll play Dokuro about the same time it's released in NA digitally. ;)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It is a good comparision... but MAN, I couldn't stand AC1's combat. "Counter: THE GAME!" It was some of the most un-interactive, "play the game for me" stuff I ever felt. It WAS fun to look at, . .

yeah that sucked in all of the Asscreed games, but Ubi supposed to changed the infamous block button and counter system completely in AC3:L

Well, the lady in my old apartment turned in my game to the Office.
And the office is telling me they returned it to Play-Asia.

PA says when they get the package back, they'll reship to my new address.
Guess I'll play Dokuro about the same time it's released in NA digitally. ;)

look at the bright side..physical copy >>>>>>> DD. the Vita game cases are super cute too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom