• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

orioto

Good Art™
I finally finished Wizorb. Not that hard in the end, it's the right difficulty for that type of game i guess.

It's a shame for the fucked up graphics and the rpg aspect could have been way more used in my opinion, but nice game!

And French!

spats

I'm constantly hankering for a racing game on the Vita. It's really too bad the F1 game is a bad port. Does anyone here have it? Is the driving model bad or is it just the graphics that are PSP-level?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
yeah that sucked in all of the Asscreed games, but Ubi supposed to changed the infamous block button and counter system completely in AC3:L

look at the bright side..physical copy >>>>>>> DD. the Vita game cases are super cute too.

Yeah, I love these Vita cases.

zroid

Banned
I'd like them more if I knew where to put them!! D:

The problem with the Vita cases is they're too tall to fit on the shelf where I put my 3DS and DS games, but not broad enough to fit where I put my PS3 games.

Right now I actually have them (well, "it", because there's only one so far) stacked horizontally, sitting on top of my 3DS games lol

but they are cute

Massa

I'm constantly hankering for a racing game on the Vita. It's really too bad the F1 game is a bad port. Does anyone here have it? Is the driving model bad or is it just the graphics that are PSP-level?

This is a good review of the game.

Also if you want to see how bad the graphics are you can watch some videos on youtube that scale properly to the Vita screen.

zroid

Banned
One thing about Rayman Origins that's bugging me is the shoulder button dash. Especially since you pretty much keep that thing held down permanently, the crappiness of the buttons really starts to irk. I can't even play for more than 30-45 minutes at a time, lest the aches set in.

I think I would have preferred if the left stick could be used for analogue running. Sure I'd have to sacrifice that sexy d-pad but it's better than getting cramps.

c0rderr0y

Neo Member
I just picked up Gravity Rush and I love it. Addicting as hell to just roam the city and look for crystals. Are the DLC missions worth it?

I bought it from the Vita but i'm french

It seems the most of the complaints regarding the PSP support boils down to Sony of America being too lazy to approve more than one game at a time, while Sony of Europe have already approve the vast majority of the digital PSP catalogue.

Afrikan

Really? I hope it doesn't involve hex editing or something. I played the UMD version on the PSP and bought the digital version just to play on the Vita.

its not that complicated....just moving a file around...I'm busy right now but if you search google you'll see. heck I think there is a video on youtube.

edit- here you go.

http://www.gameblurb.net/more/edito...tter&utm_campaign=Feed:+GameBlurb+(GameBlurb)

video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlwrHBOFpos

I have played it for 100+ hours. I was very disappointed when I couldn't transfer my save data from my PSP to the Vita. :(
Ahh same. I attempted the transfer process but it didn't want to work. I've been enjoying starting over though.

And with regards to WRC3, it might not be as bad as I was expecting... TeamVVV has a three part preview of an early PS3 build, and it looks pretty decent!

I'm going to ask some questions again in hopes that someone pities me and decides to answer. ;)

(1) Can anyone recommend a good case for the Vita which stores a decent amount of game cards? Also a plus would be if I can store my Vita in it without taking off the silicone sleeve I have on now.

(2) How worthwhile is the cradle?

(3) What's the best place to find Vita wallpapers/themes for the home screens? What's the best way of getting these images onto the system?

Moofers

Got a VITA for my birthday last Sunday! Very excited and happy. Got UMvC3 and a real nice case with it. "BigBen Interactive" is who made the case. I would've just bought something from Mad Catz or PDP, but this was what came with the unit from the Amazon bundle my fiancee bought. I actually really like it. Its clamshell and perfectly mimics the Sony brand case I have for my PSP Go.

Anyway, the Vita is really sweet. Love the way you can pause games and go open other apps, then return to the game immediately as if it was just running the whole time. Love getting my messages from PSN and friend status updates. Its the first portable I've ever had that truly feels "connected" to the rest of the world. Love it.

Really dug the Dynasty Warriors NEXT demo. Think I may buy that one on the cheap sometime. Also, I know Ridge Racer gets a lot of shit, but you can use the Hornet car from Daytona now, so I kind of HAVE to buy it.

Very excited to have a new gadget that feels like more than just a toy. Can't wait to get more games and accessories for it!

Grinchy

Banned
I tried out a Vita for the first time the other day.

I was amazed as to just how big the thing is! :p

From the pictures and stuff, I thought it was going to be huge. The size was one of the reasons I didn't want to buy one. The first time I even saw one in person was when mine arrived, and it was actually smaller than I was expecting. It's definitely big, though.

I walk around with it in my front jeans pocket a lot. It's like walking around with a TI-83 calculator lol

mshlive

Thanks for the recommendations, I should have said I'm planning in trading Uncharted in for Gravity Rush when I get the Platinum, I'm currently on my crushing Playthrough.

I was just a bit annoyed last night when I found out I couldn't transfer my MGS2 HD save to Vita because my save originated from before the patch! I've got 73% of the trophies too so it's a lot of progress.

How's Wipeout & ModNation Racers? I've looked at a couple of reviews and the feedback seems to be average.

Foshy

How's Wipeout & ModNation Racers? I've looked at a couple of reviews and the feedback seems to be average.
WipEout is fantastic, imo. They fixed the extremely long load times and the online problems that existed on launch, and now it's a great entry in the series. It might not be for everyone, though.

Can't speak too much for Modnation as I only really tried the demo (love the PS3 version though), but if you can look beyond the flaws the gameplay and track creation are still fun. Now it's cheap anyway, so try the demo and if you enjoy the gameplay it might be worth it.

Moofers

As for Wipeout, I have HD on PS3, but I didn't buy the Fury expansion. If I buy it, can I still get the Vita game for free? How does that work? I'm in the US. Thanks.

Takao

Banned
As for Wipeout, I have HD on PS3, but I didn't buy the Fury expansion. If I buy it, can I still get the Vita game for free? How does that work? I'm in the US. Thanks.

It's the other way around actually. If you buy WipEout 2048 and you already own WipEout HD (and/or Fury) you get those tracks in 2048 for free. I suck at WipEout so I don't own 2048, but as far as I know all you need to do is make sure the PSN account that has the HD purchase is the same account you play 2048 on.

Kazerei

Banned
I have played it for 100+ hours. I was very disappointed when I couldn't transfer my save data from my PSP to the Vita. :(

It's not that complicated to transfer save files, you just have to know the folder structure. Here's what it looks like:

8ZfGq.gif

The save files I'm transferring are for Persona 3 Portable (ULUS-10512). I'm basically just going to copy the files from PSP to PC, and then from PC to PS Vita.

Left window: PSP memory stick drive. These folders are automatically created by the PSP. Save files are located in X:\PSP\SAVEDATA\

Middle window: I like to keep backups of all my PSP games and save files. This part is basically optional, you can copy from the PSP mem stick directly to the PS Vita folder.

Right window: PS Vita folder. These folders are automatically created by Content Manager Assistant. Save files are located in ...\PS Vita\PSAVEDATA\sysid\

If you did everything right, the PS Vita will recognize the save files in Content Manager Assistant.

I bought a 32gb stick (because I'm crazy) and will take a long time to fill it up but I only had 1 gig left on my 8gb stick.

Is the easiest way to transfer everything over to just backup to the PC and then restore to the new stick?

Anything else I should know about when switching sticks like this?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's not that complicated to transfer save files, you just have to know the folder structure. Here's what it looks like:

8ZfGq.gif

The save files I'm transferring are for Persona 3 Portable (ULUS-10512). I'm basically just going to copy the files from PSP to PC, and then from PC to PS Vita.

Left window: PSP memory stick drive. These folders are automatically created by the PSP. Save files are located in X:\PSP\SAVEDATA\

Middle window: I like to keep backups of all my PSP games and save files. This part is basically optional, you can copy from the PSP mem stick directly to the PS Vita folder.

Right window: PS Vita folder. These folders are automatically created by Content Manager Assistant. Save files are located in ...\PS Vita\PSAVEDATA\sysid\

If you did everything right, the PS Vita will recognize the save files in Content Manager Assistant.

This need to be in the OP.

DoubleTap

The Sony portable charger is down to $29.99 at Amazon. Not sure if it's a sale or a price drop.

Edit: It's now out of stock but they're still taking orders at that price.

patsu

I bought a 32gb stick (because I'm crazy) and will take a long time to fill it up but I only had 1 gig left on my 8gb stick.

Is the easiest way to transfer everything over to just backup to the PC and then restore to the new stick?

Anything else I should know about when switching sticks like this?

Try and let me know the answer ! 8^P

I usually just copy files one by one.

Beast780

With all the Silent Hill news recently, why not sit back and listen to a track from the upcoming Vita exclusive Silent Hill: Book of Memories?

Book of Memories is day 1 for me, I love everything Wayforward has done, and I love top down action RPGs. I have high hopes, it's a shame it's seen so much hate to me.

I'm going to ask some questions again in hopes that someone pities me and decides to answer. ;)

(1) Can anyone recommend a good case for the Vita which stores a decent amount of game cards? Also a plus would be if I can store my Vita in it without taking off the silicone sleeve I have on now.

(2) How worthwhile is the cradle?

(3) What's the best place to find Vita wallpapers/themes for the home screens? What's the best way of getting these images onto the system?

1. I have a First Edition Bundle case and I love it, but I'm betting there's better options. You might find one on eBay if you like.

2. I love my cradle, it's one of the best Vita purchases I've made just for the ability to drop it on and charge it.

3. The only answer I have here is the thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462902

Takao

Banned
Book of Memories is day 1 for me, I love everything Wayforward has done, and I love top down action RPGs. I have high hopes, it's a shame it's seen so much hate to me.

By and large it appears that Silent Hill fans are a very bitter bunch that shun any and everything that does not match their preconceived notion of a Silent Hill game. If Book of Memories turns out well that'll hopefully open their eyes a bit and stop shit like this

oldmario

I just remembered something useful for the vita, if you format it you usually have to go through the video at the start, if you put it in sleep mode it stops playing and kicks you to the tutorial

Really? I hope it doesn't involve hex editing or something. I played the UMD version on the PSP and bought the digital version just to play on the Vita.

It's no complicated at all, just troublesome.

Copy from PSP to other medium (PS3 or PC) and then from that medium to your vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom