• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jet Set Radio and Retro City Rampage, any day now, I can feel it.

Oh no wait, thats just my seething and ever escalating fucking hatred for Microsoft. Fucking hell.

Are they the ones holding them back? The guy behind Retro posted a Tweet a couple months ago or so and said he wished all companies were as easy to work with as Valve and Sony are. So it made me think it could be Nintendo or Microsoft holding it back.

dsigns1

Are they the ones holding them back? The guy behind Retro posted a Tweet a couple months ago or so and said he wished all companies were as easy to work with as Valve and Sony are. So it made me think it could be Nintendo or Microsoft holding it back.

Yup Microsoft is holding it back for some reason. They also wont allow him to release it on xbla if it is released anywhere else first.

brentech

Been switching between HSG and VT4 since The Show servers seem to have shat themselves the last few days. I've earned quite the bit of coin in HSG lately.

Hey Everyone! After years and years of reading gaf without the slightest urge to join and post anything, i've found myself needing more Vita friends and this seems like the best place to find some. Here's what I got:

PSN ID: MaximusPrimus

Games I own:

Uncharted: GA
Wipeout 2048
Rayman Origins
Unit 13
Gravity Rush
Mortal Kombat
UMVC3
Resistance: BS
MLB 12: The Show
MGS: HD
Pure Chess
Escape Plan
Mutant Blobs Attack!
Motorstorm: RC
Lumines: ES
Plants Vs. Zombies
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Super Stardust Delta

I think that's it. Am I missing any "must haves"?? I've been on the fence with Army Corps of Hell, is it any good? any multiplayer?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
A poster in the Growlanser OT stated that the game can be played on Vita, so long as you transfer it from the PS3, which is awesome news.

psycho17

Decided that the gamestop deal was too good to pass up so I now own a Vita.
Anyone wanna add me? PSN: Dark__Psych0
Any games besides Gravity Rush that are a must have?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Virtua Tennis 4, and if you like platformers, Rayman Origins. Other people really enjoy Unit 13, too. And, since Carl is still banned, Velocity and Mutant Blobs Attack are great.

Toki767

Mortal Kombat will be $10 tomorrow at Gamestop. It's probably the definitive version of the game if you like fighting games. On PSN go for Mutant Blobs Attack and Super Stardust Delta if you enjoyed the PS3 version.

LMN

You guys can also add me too

PSN: LMNXZ

Have
Disgaea 3
Metal gear solid HD collection
Dynasty Warrior Next
Rayman Origin

If you can look past MK's awful visuals then get it. For $10, it's feature rich and plays just like its big brother counterparts. Well worth it at that price.

Did we ever get info on Vita Gaming Heaven event or did we forget about it?

Btw PSN: Jafku
Right now I have:
Motorstorm RC
Wipeout 2048
Mortal Kombat
Rayman
Super Stardust Delta
Escape Plan

Escape plan, like the demo...how's the full game? Is there any variety to the set pieces, as the game progresses?
It seems like a solid buy, especially with the consistent DLC it receives. I hope it's not a one trick pony, I guess. Can anyone convince me to get the game?

spats

Wipeout 2048 is €22 and lumines is €20 on shopto, i would post links but ive no idea if they're still banned links

For WipEout, I'd almost prefer a digital copy. It's the kind of game that I wanna be able to just boot up whenever I feel like without juggling cards.

Currently the only retail games I have are Uncharted, Rayman and Army Corps of Hell.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
If you can look past MK's awful visuals then get it. For $10, it's feature rich and plays just like its big brother counterparts. Well worth it at that price.

I don't get the graphics hate, the game is good looking and 60fps. I never played the console version, but why should that be the baseline? Is there a 3DS version that looks better?

I don't get the graphics hate, the game is good looking and 60fps. I never played the console version, but why should that be the baseline? Is there a 3DS version that looks better?

The textures and models are absolutely awful during close ups and pre-fight.
But during the action, at 60fps, the models look fine for the resolution, so I partially agree.

Because the game looks like shit when compared to games on the same platform? I own the game and it's a lot of fun, sure, but the game looks assy, son. Let's not kid ourselves here.

oldmario

Saw Everybodys golf on shopto for £10 i know at that price i cant really complain but are there alot of courses, ive never played the original titles either so this would be my first of their golf series

kiyomi

Saw Everybodys golf on shopto for £10 i know at that price i cant really complain but are there alot of courses, ive never played the original titles either so this would be my first of their golf series

Exactly the same here! £10 is too good to pass up, so I'll grab it I think. That site has a few other good Vita prices too.

So tempting to get Disgaea 3 but I've barely scratched D4 even though I know I love it and down inside I want to succumb to its' overwhelming addictiveness :(

PSN: MaimTron9000

Added the following people:

pacificsun0481
vanwinkle
Kyo899
CecilMcW00t
MADEINCARORA
domify
wonderboyjones
spycarnegy
jfunky
zoundsgx
fox1304
southside_wolf
sheikit
moogrose
OmegaZero663
GrizzNKev
Omegatreefish
shaqnosis
monosukoi (this is not the PSN name!)
MrBambinoDent

Which apparently hit the invitation limit, will add the rest later. Thank you capacitive pen (^_^)

Sheik

Sound Shapes soon, guys! Excite!

And besides waiting for PSOne support, I'm also dying for some multiplayer games too. Waiting for Hot Shots to hit $20 because I've never been a big sports game fan and I'm not a fan of Wipeout style racing. LBP or All-Stars will probably be my first MP game.

kiyomi

Added Ky0899, Jafku, Ukawok, domify and Copenap, so hello! :)

Once I've got some mp games I'll hit you up. For now, Gravity Rush! ^_^

Rezae

I want some love too!

PSN: Rezae

Wipeout 2048
Hot Shots Golf
Lumines
Motorstorm RC
Unit 13
Mortal Kombat
MGS HD Collection
Rayman
Disgaea 3
Mutant Blobs Attack
Super Stardust Delta

I'll try to go back through the recent pages and add some of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom