• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
SunFlowers is pretty addicting, $4 well spent. Also thank God RCR had a demo or I would have wasted $15, not my kinda of game being that I started gaming with the PS1.

Yep, I totally regret buying it. It's not a bad game, but with all the good offerings this month it's hard to pay attention to it.

just came across a Spy Hunter hands on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQPXKGQiWRk

I am not prepared

god damn, it's a bit rough and unpolished, but it really make me want a more high budget and polished spy hunter. the potential is so there. if the game was cheaper, I'll probably buy this.

this game don't deserve all the shit gaf is giving. you hear that takao. if this game have proper budget, it might actually be vita racing goty from me. ^_^

I'm with those thanking the Retro City Rampage demo; yeah, not my kind of game, either.

Still waiting on Dr. Who impressions / reviews...

Oh and Sunflowers bought, of course.

Grinchy

Banned
I finally got around to trying out the Silent Hill demo. The song in the main menu is awesome.

The game itself is actually not bad. Maybe my expectations are really low from reading all the bad comments here, but after playing the first zone, I kind of like it. I can imagine that co-op and more difficult zombies would make this a lot more fun.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm playing the full game. The whole opening sequence was too fast paced for my taste, I couldn't understand shit about what was going on. It's like the dev was a huge fan of Wario Ware, the "missions" are very fast paced small chunks of nothing. You are just dropped into a situation with almost no context, then you just shoot two guys and it's over.

Rapid fire stuff, but yeah, personal taste. I didn't find it too confusing at all. At it's core, it's a game that could be played on Nintendo. You never needed much instruction on HOW to do what you did, you just pressed buttons, saw what happened, and then went about doing it.

Also really love how little the game actually loads. All so quick! Something I miss a lot in modern games. Snap-to-next-event feels so nice.

Sunflower was very fun, love the art. I'm thinking I might like it more than Deathfin in a way, especially since THAT has no Demo on PSN.

I finally got around to trying out the Silent Hill demo. The song in the main menu is awesome.

The game itself is actually not bad. Maybe my expectations are really low from reading all the bad comments here, but after playing the first zone, I kind of like it. I can imagine that co-op and more difficult zombies would make this a lot more fun.

Yep, I think the game has some great ideas, but the whole game feels very rough.

IMHO, less touch controls (they are awful on this game), a closer camera and a slower combat with more emphasis on positioning would have been great. Right now, the players just plough through the rooms, so they have to generate a lot of filler/repeated content in order to create these big dungeon floors.

All the puzzles seem the same, all the blue orbs challenges are the same, etc. I hope the retail version has more variety.

I tried the first world of sunflower demo, is there more to it than just shooting water to cloud and flower below? is there even any fail state? I don't even pay attention to the seed and flower down below, just making sure I hit the clouds and that's it until the demo ends

I tried the first world of sunflower demo, is there more to it than just shooting water to cloud and flower below? is there even any fail state? I don't even pay attention to the seed and flower down below, just making sure I hit the clouds and that's it until the demo ends

Yeah, there are thunder clouds that if you hit them the lightning down to burn your flowers so you have to be more selective.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Easy stages are just relaxing with little challenge. Harder difficulties add in storm clouds (which converts sunrays into lightning, killing plants). Getting combos (I think) lets you get the bonus stage with the moon. The moon bonus can last as long as you don't make a mistake.

There's also some weather events too, like cold air freezing the plants, or too much rain over-flowing them with an abundance of water.

You guys, talk me out of getting RCR.

Ummm... err... Naaa. I'm so wonderfully pleased with it so far, anyone who finds it fits their taste, should buy it up immediately :)

spannicus

I've had Resident Evil 6 and Dishonored for days and have not played them. Since I got the Vita its like I don't like playing on the TV anymore seems like a hassle. This is bad. But in a good way.

I've had Resident Evil 6 and Dishonored for days and have not played them. Since I got the Vita its like I don't like playing on the TV anymore seems like a hassle. This is bad. But in a good way.

heh yeah i feel the same, X-Com will be the first non vita game i give a serious crack since I picked it up a month or so ago

Shinypogs

I'm not sure if I like or dislike the random ass genetics in sunflower. On the one hand it's fun to get different results from the same flower combinations so there's always suspense, on the other hand I sort of wish there was some logic to the process. I will say it's addicting either way though and I've spent more time in the demo combining flowers than I have playing the levels available.

spannicus

heh yeah i feel the same, X-Com will be the first non vita game i give a serious crack since I picked it up a month or so ago

Its crazy how I rely on the Vita now as my main game console. Its amazing how the system can have that impact on a person especially one who only played on home consoles. I think Sony don't understand the potential the Vita truly has.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm sure there is a tonne of fun to be had with RCR and it would be even better on the vita perhaps but I might wait for a price drop down the line..or when there is a shortage of games...these next few weeks I'm hoping to be spoiled already (and this doesn't come out for vita (or ps3 for eu) for a few weeks here :/ - probably around when the major ones hit by the sounds of his twitter, might be good to kill the wait for US though )

Edit: my only issues with it so far really:
- car (graphics) are very stiff
- can't drift properly (no handbrake) - but still decent driving mechanics and controls
minor:
- can't do the cop rush move like the cops can when you take their car

Other then those nitpicks, which mainly come from enjoying the rockstar classic gtas which are hard to live up to it seems like a great game and clearly well worth playing from only scratching the surface. Will pick it up on vita for sure, not to mention the filesize is tiny, always appreciated.

Still looking for some solutions to this
"My university's wifi doesn't like game consoles. I can connect my PS3 with an Ethernet cord and run perfectly. But the wifi rejects my Vita (along with my 3DS. The wifi also blocks routers). So any ideas on what I can do? My University's tech people basically just said "no"
Any help is appreciated"
I'm looking into USB wifi thingamagigs now. Anybody have expertise with that?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You'd probably have to wifi share your PC connection. You can do a dongle (if they're still doing that) or make your wifi-card on your laptop broadcast for the system to pick up.

In any case: how does Blazblue: CS Extend look?

Noi

In any case: how does Blazblue: CS Extend look?

As good as the console versions. Hell, depending on your TV, some of the sprites / story illustrations might look better on the Vita since it's displayed at a "smaller" resolution.

Also, no backtouch required to play.

Takao

Banned

“rubbing, pinching, and poking,”

iM49gyrmQsTz.gif

iWtpC2cnqp3UU.gif

ig6f6YXGrbHbI.gif

i58yREneepTKo.gif

Compile Heart is jank.

TheSeks

As good as the console versions. Hell, depending on your TV, some of the sprites / story illustrations might look better on the Vita since it's displayed at a "smaller" resolution.

Also, no backtouch required to play.

I'm waiting for the next version but that sounds good. I mean do you know how it compares to the PSP CS/CT versions? The sprites aren't downgraded like those versions?

Noi

I'm waiting for the next version but that sounds good. I mean do you know how it compares to the PSP CS/CT versions? The sprites aren't downgraded like those versions?

Oh, yeah no downgraded sprites for the Vita version unlike CSII PSP/3DS. Everything's lifted straight up from the console version, though the PS3/Vita versions actually have cross saves, a little perk that the 360 one doesn't have.

Don't feel bad

Feels good man

RE6 is the first console I have actually committed to in months (only because i'm a serious super fan). Most of the time, it's Vita and 3DS

TheSeks

Oh, yeah no downgraded sprites for the Vita version unlike CSII PSP/3DS. Everything's lifted straight up from the console version, though the PS3/Vita versions actually have cross saves, a little perk that the 360 one doesn't have.

#YOSO for BB? Interesding.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It's cool. I've got both DisHonored and X-COM both installed, and I'm still playing Pokemon

Takao

Banned
SCE ワールドワイドスタジオ プレジデントの吉田修平氏がファミ通インタビューに語ったところによると、PS Vitaには未発表の仕込みタイトルが多数あるそうです。

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom