• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i'm half joking by the way, on most of that. I don't think Rockstar would be that bad unless they were doing it tongue in cheek style.
Given the date of that tweet and a google search for "rockstar vita" bringing up results to the effect of "No Rockstar games on vita in the near future", I'd say neither of those options are very likely :p

So I got FIFA 13 Vita in the mail yesterday and the description on the case is just so vague, stuff like console HD level but not a single feature. No mention of any gameplay improvements. God I hate EA especially for this, I spend a lot of time away from my house and don't get to play enough FIFA in my PS3 and was hoping for a good substitute on Vita but now I'm not sure if I should keep the game even though I bought it for 30$.

So I got FIFA 13 Vita in the mail yesterday and the description on the case is just so vague, stuff like console HD level but not a single feature. No mention of any gameplay improvements. God I hate EA especially for this, I spend a lot of time away from my house and don't get to play enough FIFA in my PS3 and was hoping for a good substitute on Vita but now I'm not sure if I should keep the game even though I bought it for 30$.

Fifa Football is a good enough game.

Afrikan

with 2K Sports not releasing its BasketBall series on the Vita and EA not going out of its way to improve Fifa (even though I love the launch version)...

hopefully this will give SCEA and SCEE extra incentive to invest in their sports games again.

They can't have a handheld with no Basketball game, I mean come on.

so hopefully they do a reboot of their Basketball and Soccer series that is built from the ground up with seamless PS3 <-> Vita connectivity in mind.

and with EA not having the NCAA Football exclusive license anymore...hey, bring back NCAA GameBreaker while your at it.

Yeah, that's the old one released at Vita launch, not FIFA 13.

iugoamtxnfguyhxu5k.gif

kerrak

I've realised almost all of the "black blotches" i could see on the vita screen while watching a black background are gone. I could see them very clearly at the beginning, with a relatively big triangle and a few small blotches near the border of the screen. Now there's practically zero artifacts (everything is kind of a very dark green).
I've benn using the machine intensely since day 1, so it already has approx 500 hours of use.
Has this happened to some of you?

sajj316

What are you actual gameplay impressions?

Vitacat

I've realised almost all of the "black blotches" i could see on the vita screen while watching a black background are gone. I could see them very clearly at the beginning, with a relatively big triangle and a few small blotches near the border of the screen. Now there's practically zero artifacts (everything is kind of a very dark green).
I've benn using the machine intensely since day 1, so it already has approx 500 hours of use.

My Vita is not even a month old yet, but I have very few blotches, and I have to work very hard to notice them (i.e. only visible in a pitch dark room on a 100% black screen). So I truly don't get what all the bitching is/was about in the first place. Total, complete non-issue IMO.

But it's good to hear yours are diminishing, I guess.

Yes several Gaffers mentioned the same thing happening a while ago, my launch unit was full of black blotches too and now they're all gone!

My replacement unit has a lot less blotching than my previous unit and they are only on the edges anyway. As you mention though they are really only visible in pitch black and on a black screen.... kind of a pointless rant for people to go off at.

kerrak

It was never an issue for me neither. I had to look for them. In normal usage i could only see them in this loading screen:

2012-010.jpg

You're going to decide just by looking at the box? Wow. ;)

EDIT: wait a minute, the game is out, and there are no reviews?
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/fifa-soccer-13

It's not like I decide by how the box looks but when EA themselves are basically saying they are not providing anything worth mentioning on the box then it is for sure a crappy old game. I liked the old one a little but I'm not going to keep playing the same old FIFA 11 gameplay.

zroid

Banned
Were people really ever bitching about the splotches? I still see them but it was only ever an "issue" on completely dark screens. Personally, I think they're kind of awesome. I'd probably be sad if they diminish, they give the Vita some character :)

There you go first impressions on the game from Amazon customers:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1PMYH6P9ASVM7/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B008277N12&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=468642&store=videogames

Now it's so clear why EA didn't release any gameplay or demos, God they didn't even send review copies to anyone cause they knew how its review would look like and they just wanted to trick as many people to blindly buying the game. I'm definitely returning my copy although I can get it for 20$ using a coupon I have.

There you go first impressions on the game from Amazon customers:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1PMYH6P9ASVM7/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B008277N12&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=468642&store=videogames

Now it's so clear why EA didn't release any gameplay or demos, God they didn't even send review copies to anyone cause they knew how its review would look like and they just wanted to trick as many people to blindly buying the game. I'm definitely returning my copy although I can get it for 20$ using a coupon I have.

See the problem is its still a good game. :/ I hope it doesn't sell as well as the first so EA see they need to actually update shit.

Edit: wonder if they will drop the psn price of launch FIFA or if they will both be the same price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom