• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 Viewtiful Joe - Impressions

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's a little robot that was being made and sold by Nintendo as some kind of peripherial for NES. I have no clue what it was supposed to do or how well it sold, but it's pretty famous. Can't wait to see it in the game :))

GDGF

Soothsayer
R.O.B. = Robotic Opperating Buddy. It was one of the first accessories for the NES and was used to play games like Gyromite (and well, that's all I can remember :))

He looked freaking cool though, and he's definitely a significant piece of gaming pop culture.

Edit: R.O.B. was in F Zero GX, too, and as a character cameo he's been in a few of the Starfox games (including the upcoming one)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
For your information, I didn't even look at it closely, I just noticed the difference. It's not a graphic difference like trilinear implementation between ATI cards and Nvidia cards. It's just much more noticeable, you don't have to get close to the television, pause, and squint to notice right away. What would you think if had said I don't noticed the difference between XBOX and GC version of Splinter Cell if I played the XBOX version recently and the GC version like 6 months ago for may be 10 minutes(it's an exaggeration, but I am just using this scenario as an example).
Hey, OK, I'm not going to argue. What Kumiko already said in her first post is true, but it's not really bothering me. I never tried to imply that PS2 version is superior or anything, but I don't think it's particularly inferior either. Yes, they had to cut small visual perks here and there, but they added an extra playable character, which I don't think is a bad tradeoff. It's a very good port - not something I'd trade GC version for if I had it and played it, but nothing to scoff at either.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Defensor said:
Oh I almost forgot that Dante has a taunt move like in DMC1(waves his gun up and down) by pressing R2.

That was a huge help in regaining devil trigger juice particularly in Dante Must Die difficulty. Neat though.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
zooL said:
Where in VJ can I see ROB? I played through it but I can't remember seeing him. :X
Final stage: First room, in among all the "cardboard" Bianckies in the background.

It may be else where, too. I know its also in some of the artwork in the instruction booklet (GCN).

Top Bottom