• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|PS3| MLB '10 Tourney #1

Mrbob

Wait, what are you working on? Getting lucky taps which go off the end of your bat on superb pitches that go into dead zones on the infield? :lol

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
You because you are currently sporting a Starsiege Tribes avatar, the greatest online fps of all time.
The best netcode ever that's for sure.

Speaking of avatars and bandwidth, yours avatar is dead. Bandwidth exceeded. Pay your bills!

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
Wait, what are you working on? Getting lucky taps which go off the end of your bat on superb pitches that go into dead zones on the infield? :lol

119394ss_sm2.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Smokey

Alright I got waxed. I will be A MAN and say I got waxed.

BUT

I did have the Madden FA draft going on that I kept refreshing because my pick is early in the draft and I wasn't fully into the game like I should've hence all the grounders,fielding mistakes, and swinging at GAHBAGE. Wasn't fully focused coming off of the amazing episode that was LOST

HOWEVA

Even with all that you still got me. Next time though I will be focused and you won't be so lucky.

GG though! Go ahead and WALTZ away in your stilettos this time rareside.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rareside had an amazing record last year going off his game profile and played it a ton. I'm not completely shocked he beat you Smokey, even if you are good to great, it's not like you were going up against Bob.

Smokey

Matrix said:
Rareside had an amazing record last year going off his game profile and played it a ton. I'm not completely shocked he beat you Smokey, even if you are good to great, it's not like you were going up against Bob.

I know he's good. I heard about him. I wanted to win but I knew the amount of experience he has. I'm still not gonna back down though :) . It'd be like if he was new to the NBA2K leagues and wanted to challenge big dog. I'd slap him down...just like he did me :lol

It ain't over though

Matrix

The Frankman said:
rareside is a solid player and I look forward to again beating him once I acquire the stupid game.

Whats the the hold up on getting the game, just curious? You don't have any spare games to trade or something to pawn :p

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Frankman waits for an ebay deal before buying the game. I remember him doing this last year too. :lol

:|

Based on that, lets start the league next week!

rareside

Probably not the best omen when the game starts with a triple. Still excited about the LOST revelations and distracted by some Madden drafting, a slightly-buzzed Smokey must've thought I was some hobo who happened to pick up a PS3 controller.

Final score was Rangers over the Rays 13-3.
Win goes to Derek Holland and loss to David Price.

Highlights here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-OIHmZck3I

Final four baby! Going out of town tomorrow will be back and available for the semi-finals on Sunday evening, for whoever my opponent is.

w00t!

Smokey

rareside said:
Probably not the best omen when the game starts with a triple. Still excited about the LOST revelations and distracted by some Madden drafting, a slightly-buzzed Smokey must've thought I was some hobo who happened to pick up a PS3 controller.

Final score was Rangers over the Rays 13-3.
Win goes to Derek Holland and loss to David Price.

Highlights here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-OIHmZck3I

Final four baby! Going out of town tomorrow will be back and available for the semi-finals on Sunday evening, for whoever my opponent is.

w00t!

I wasn't buzzed just havin' a nice little drink on the side.

Matrix knows how I am when I'm buzzed/drunk!!

I'm sorry :(

Zep said:
damn smokey, he ether'd you...

better remember this,.

He got me. Won't happen again. This is a little tourney, he got me here. When it counts I'll shine.

Matrix

"Matrix knows how I am when I'm buzzed/drunk"

You had to remind me >_< He has no control of his actions, lousy drunk! :p

Matrix said:
:|

Based on that, lets start the league next week!
you sonofabitch. I'm stuck in Philly and you challenge my heart? Just for that when I play you and your Houston bretheren I'm running up the score! BELTRAN BITCHES!!!!!

and I'll give you same reason I gave Zep:
1) I probably won't have it until late March/early April, in Philly helping relatives. Plus I like waiting until Opening Day rosters + patches.
2) Even if I bought it tomorrow, I'm stuck with no Internet connection for my PS3 until I get back to NY in 2 weeks.

Matrix

The Frankman said:
you sonofabitch. I'm stuck in Philly and you challenge my heart? Just for that when I play you and your Houston bretheren I'm running up the score! BELTRAN BITCHES!!!!!

Trust me, I'm not scared to play you at all and you won't be running the score up on me. Doesn't mean you can't beat me, but you will not score a ton on me. Plus I'll bean Moletron in the head no matter what team I end up with ;)

Btw I was kidding, I'm not ready to start the league now either.

Zep said:
Tried last night until my internet cut off. Definitely giving it another shot today.

That sucks. Me and pheenix had a pretty smooth game last night. A couple of hiccups here and there but nothing game killing, on my end at least.

eznark

Banned
Zep said:
Tried last night until my internet cut off. Definitely giving it another shot today.
Yeah, I am out pricing mudders right now for my truck but as soon as I get home we can give it a shot.

Sanjuro

LJ11 said:
Sanjuro, when can you play our game?
Probably sometime tonight. I'm finishing up mid-term stuff this week, but today finally getting into FF13. So you can catch me on there whenever.

Matrix

I asked Mig via pm when we could play our game two days ago and no response after we had decided on playing only 1 game for them. He doesn't even care to have them, he just wants to see me squirm >_< That's why I was angry the day before.

Give me the f-ing Stros Zep, I'm tired of this shit.

rareside's winning this shit. I know his game and his only big competitor is MrBob, maybe Sanjuro. Of course, I'm not sleeping on LJ11 either.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Played random dude online today...so much easier than the game against rareside, the random conceded the game :lol

Mrbob

The Frankman said:
rareside's winning this shit. I know his game and his only big competitor is MrBob, maybe Sanjuro. Of course, I'm not sleeping on LJ11 either.

This is single elimination tournament. One bad game and you are done. This can go for anyone. I would say the tourney is still pretty wide open.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
This is single elimination tournament. One bad game and you are done. This can go for anyone. I would say the tourney is still pretty wide open.

Bob am smart.

Season play is what matters.

Top Bottom