• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|PS3| MLB '10 Tourney #1

Zep

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ok what teams are open for sure? i don't really care about teams but i'm not that good and dont want to end up with the royals or something!

You have the Phillies...Only behind the Yanks and Redsox in hitting.

And here's LJ's Question for the new page. Please chime in.

LJ11 said:
With regards to starting the league, if we start in the next week the rosters are locked in for the season. That will probably mean that a guy like Heyward will be left off the roster, and there is very little chance that he doesn't make the Braves coming out of ST. I'm sure there are a number of small roster moves that will be updated in the coming weeks.

So I need input on when you guys want to get this thing rolling, wait until a couple of roster updates (think they update every Monday), or get started ASAP.

eznark

Banned
Cart before horse.

Lets find out if anyone who would be affected by roster changes would have a problem with starting a league pre-finalized rosters. My bench and bullpen will look different than what the Brewers will head to Milwaukee with but I don't particularly care so I'm in favor of starting asap.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
As the Braves owner, I absolutely want to wait for final rosters. Besides, my work schedule is murder for the next 2-3 weeks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'd rather not start till some of the rosters have been updated a couple more times.

Also are we not having two tourneys first? :\ We haven't even finished round one of this yet since the date was set for March 12th.

Plus if I don't end up with the Stros I have no clue what team will be left and wouldn't have even had time to practice a couple of games with them. I can see me being stuck with the Royals or some shit and the only thing worth a damn on that team is Greinke.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
I'd rather not start till some of the rosters have been updated a couple more times.

Also are we not having two tourneys first? :\ We haven't even finished round one of this yet since the date was set for March 12th.

Plus if I don't end up with the Stros I have no clue what team will be left and wouldn't have even had time to practice a couple of games with them. I can see me being stuck with the Royals or some shit and the only thing worth a damn on that team is Greinke.

Billy Butler!

LJ11

I'm kind of leaning at doing a second tourney as well, and then kicking it off. Just worried that some guys may find the tourney stuff boring and start to flake out.

DenogginizerOS

LJ11 said:
I'm kind of leaning at doing a second tourney as well, and then kicking it off. Just worried that some guys may find the tourney stuff boring and start to flake out.
Facing the Yankees at home with CC is not my idea of fun, but scrimming and testing west coast connections is fun for me.

LJ11

DenogginizerOS said:
Facing the Yankees at home with CC is not my idea of fun, but scrimming and testing west coast connections is fun for me.

How's the lag been so far, decent?

give me a heads up on the next tourney!

i say we wait if it's going to affect peoples rosters! for someone such as myself it isn't a big deal but for a big baseball fan i understand they want their peeps!

DenogginizerOS

LJ11 said:
How's the lag been so far, decent?
For me, I am wired now. Pistol and I played yesterday and he was wireless and it was a mess. Today, he wired up and it was pretty much lag free. Smokey and I were pretty much lag free with some occasional spikes. All in all, I am returing to optimism.

We should play a game or two....

Rorschach

My game with Nightz: smooth. Barely any hiccups. Very playable.

My games with FMT: two disconnects. Then, direct connected, but it was still choppy.

All three of us are WC.

vs. coldblooded and mrbob: a bit choppy, but playable

vs. rors: i thought it was fine but maybe we were experiencing different things or have a different definition of lag!

vs. zep and eznark: smooth!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I haven't even tested a game online yet, if I lose to Zep tonight I'm still going to blame it on lag. Just a heads up! No matter what happens, Zep beat me cause of lag.

Wait, didn't the rosters update last year throughout the league? If the rosters are locked in, are trades going to be allowed in the league?

LJ11

Yeah, we're still working on the trade details. I mean the trades aren't permanent, once the season ends things reset. You can't trade minor leaguers, so there's no real way to work out a deal for a top flight guy. Probably allow low level guys to move around, but franchise players are staying put. Hard to find a system where you can give and get equal, or close to it, value.

rareside

Is there any way to play a league where the rosters stay true-to-life? That would allow us to start before opening day and update as the season goes on.

Pretty sure the developers update all transactions weekly..

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. My guess is that if the allow trades option is set to off, that it'll just update the rosters weekly like MLB 09. They would be taking a step back if it were just locked in to opening day rosters.

i wouldn't want it to be that way! i want to have OUR league, not the real major leagues. so what happens if i'm the phillies and having a good year with ryan howard but then he magically gets taken off my roster because he was injured in real life.

and by that same token, injuries would be absent from our league

Matrix

Zep, you want to play now?

Also you can host, I haven't messed around with online this year and it would be faster if you sent the challenge. I could care less about where we play.

PSN - matrixadw

Let me know if you want to go now or 11.

Mrbob

Not positive, but if i remember right the league rosters updated each week with the current rosters. If someone went on the DL in real life you lose them in the league. I remember this because when ARAM got hurt I couldn't use him in our league. I hope this isn't the case this season as I would rather just start when the final opening day rosters hit.

It could also be the case where he was on the bench and I had to insert him into the game before each start...I forget now don't take this as gospel. :lol

Zep

Banned
Matrix..going over some last minute things for the building I move into tomorrow. Might be another half hour?!

Matrix

No problem, just post in here when ready.

I'm going to lose, I feel it in my gut. This Stros team is pissing me off in offline play.

Matrix

K going on as well

Matrix

GG Zep. Looks like I get Mig in a best of 3.... right?

I lost 3-2 :(

That ballpark was all kinds of suck :lol

Also the bottom of my lineup is brutally bad and good lord everything gets by Feliz at 3rd :\

Also wtf your pitcher hits a hr, I had no clue that was even considered a hr. Had no clue all you had to do was hit it over the blue wall/line. Those are some Minute Made park rules.

Lag wasn't bad, still after playing offline only since it came out the game felt slow/ a little off, but that was no excuse. I just need to get back into the swing of things.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
GG Zep. Looks like I get Mig in a best of 3.... right?

That ballpark was all kinds of suck :lol

Also the bottom of my lineup is brutally bad and good lord everything gets my Feliz at 3rd :\

Also wtf your pitcher hits a hr, I had no clue that was even considered a hr. Had no clue all you had to do was hit it over the blue wall/line. Those are some Minute Made park rules.

Lag wasn't bad, still after playing offline only since it came out the game felt slow/ a little off, but that was no excuse. I just need to get back into the swing of things.

Yea, I was like wait...did Duke just hit that shit for a HR? :lol It was the deciding factor though cause fat puma decided to hit one 450ft the very first pitch!

As far as the pitching feeling slow...we'll have a remedy for that come league time :D 96 looks more like 86 IMO.

And yea, just go ahead and schedule a 3gm series with Mig. If the lag is unbearable somehow then we'll just use the 2nd tournament as the icebreaker.

Matrix

"And yea, just go ahead and schedule a 3gm series with Mig. If the lag is unbearable somehow then we'll just use the 2nd tournament as the icebreaker.

K

Fat Elvis almost hit that shit out of the ballpark. That looked like something out of MLB Bigs :lol

Still can't believe how weak that ballpark is, I really thought that blue was just paint on the giant wall. I cant even believe Duke was able to hit it that far anyway, please tell me you power swung on that? :lol

Zep

Banned
Nah...Was just waiting on that slow ass Oswalt curve

Duke is a good hitter though, as im reading. Realism!

Matrix

Zep said:
Nah...Was just waiting on that slow ass Oswalt curve

Duke is a good hitter though, as im reading. Realism!

And Roy gave up a ton of hr's last season.... match made it heaven :(

Show is the real deal.

I just read your PM Zep and the thread. In regards to starting the season early, I'd have an objection. I'm always a proponent of waiting until at least Opening Weekend for League play... reminds me of a league I joined in MLB 09 where we used a OS roster where it assumed Mets would resign Delgado and sign Bengie Molina.

Of course at this point I don't even have a team at this point (never played LJ11) so my league status is up in the air.

LJ11

The Frankman said:
I just read your PM Zep and the thread. In regards to starting the season early, I'd have an objection. I'm always a proponent of waiting until at least Opening Weekend for League play... reminds me of a league I joined in MLB 09 where we used a OS roster where it assumed Mets would resign Delgado and sign Bengie Molina.

Of course at this point I don't even have a team at this point (never played LJ11) so my league status is up in the air.

Frank, get the game as soon as you can. We're probably going to hold off for a bit, and don't worry about teams, I'll let you have the Mets.

Matrix

Maybe I should just give up the Stros to Mig/Smokey or let them battle it out. I'm tired of having to play extra games to get them and at this point as much as I am a die hard Stros fan, it's just a video game.

hmmmm what to do, hell Zep isn't even playing with his team.

Matrix

You know what, give me the Dbacks.

They have Chris Young on their team, I'll have a little Houston with me. Also Chris Snyder.

Mig, forget about my last pm.

Smokey and Mig have at it!

eznark

Banned
Matrix respect -10. That was a blatant beg off of your favorite team because they are shit. So sad, dude. Hey, does anyone know if skip wants to play? Ill uhm let him have the Crew I guess....

Matrix

eznark said:
Matrix respect -10. That was a blatant beg off of your favorite team because they are shit. So sad, dude. Hey, does anyone know if skip wants to play? Ill uhm let him have the Crew I guess....

:lol

I play with shit every season, I could win easily with shitty Stros last year, them stinking has nothing to do with anything. Fuck I'll take the damn Royals if people think I'm looking to have a better team :lol I could beat 95% of the people in this thread with the shit team you think I wanted to escape from.
I have also used the awful Texans every year in Madden league play here when they have sucked and are still only average now. I know all about using crap and it's never made me switch my home town teams.

I'd still take the Stros if I didn't have to play another 3 game series to earn them again, it's getting old and I simply don't want to do it again. I'm a vet who won the right to have them a couple of seasons ago and now have to fight for my team again against the same person I have already beat, meanwhile you can just simply have your Brewers.... whatever. I simply decided it wasn't worth my time to do the same shit again with Mig and Smokey should have his shot.

I don't need your respect, so you can take away any amount of respect points you have for me.

You can take away -100 cause of this post, I don't care.

Matrix

I don't know your sense of humor and sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is even being sarcastic in this forum. It's only 8:30 here and I'm going on 3 hours of sleep, I guess I didn't see humor in your post.

"If the Texans were as defensive as you they'd have a dynasty by now."

See now this is funny :lol

eznark

Banned
How many first round games are left? I'm about to head into a meeting that will chew up my morning and early afternoon but can play later today Zep, if we are on to the second round.

jabipun

So I missed tourney 1. Is there going to be another one - or another GAF online league being set up for those that missed this one?

Matrix said:
I don't know your sense of humor and sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is even being sarcastic in this forum. It's only 8:30 here and I'm going on 3 hours of sleep, I guess I didn't see humor in your post.
It's ok. No one in the MLB forum does. :D

Zep

Banned
eznark said:
How many first round games are left? I'm about to head into a meeting that will chew up my morning and early afternoon but can play later today Zep, if we are on to the second round.

mlbtourney.png

Mrbob

Figures Coldblooded is holding the week up. :/ Get your game in!

Oh wow Matrix giving up on the Disassssssssssstros already, damn!

Top Bottom