• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 is outselling Xbox Series Consoles at a rate of about 4 to 1 the last 15 months

XXL

Since we got new information for LTD sales data I decide to do so math and extract the recent sales ratio.

As of June 2024 the PS5 is at 61.3M consoles and Xbox is at 28.3M consoles.

Here is the thread with this info.

More Context

PS5 sold 32M as of Feb 2023

Xbox had sold 21M as of June 2023

In the last 18 (or so) months the PS5 has sold around 30M units.

In the last 13 (or so) months the Series X/S has sold around 7.3M units.

So PS5 is outselling Xbox Series Consoles at a rate of about 4 to 1 the last 15 months or so.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sad Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

XXL

Pro is still too expensive...
Honestly the PS5 Pro could end up outselling the Series X.

For the sake of argument, If we say half of the sales of the Xbox sales are Series X, that would ultimately put Series X at about 20M, if they can manage to sell 35-40M consoles (40M is hard to believe at this point).

I can easily see the PS5 Pro selling 17.5-20M units by the end of it life time.
Kobe Bryant Yes GIF

clarky

Gold Member

For the sake of argument, If we say half of the sales of the Xbox sales are Series X, that would ultimately put Series X at about 20M, if they can manage to sell 35-40M consoles (40M is hard to believe at this point).

Kobe Bryant Yes GIF
The Pro isn't selling 20million at that price point.

violence

The XBONE and Series X/S are just straight-up bad consoles with little or underwhelming exclusive games

would be insane if Microsoft went out with one of the most dogshit consoles ever
I wouldn’t say they’re bad. They’re just unnecessary if you have a PC. I’d probably choose Xbox if I didn’t have a PC. The backwards compatibility is better and the quick resume is pretty great.

I'd love to read the story of how the mindset going into this gen was to the mindset of how it's ending as it couldn't be any more different. No idea how launching a traditional home console makes any sense going forward yet by all accounts they have something cooking.

XXL

The Pro isn't selling 20million at that price point.
I said by the end of it lifetime and I think 17-20M is realistic, in say 3-4 years. It's going to sell a few million right away and it'll most likely have some sort of bundle involving GTA VI at some point.

Kacho

Gold Member
I wouldn’t say they’re bad. They’re just unnecessary if you have a PC. I’d probably choose Xbox if I didn’t have a PC. The backwards compatibility is better and the quick resume is pretty great.
I really like the Series X hardware. Good features, compact, runs cool & quiet, I can play Ubisoft games without the Uplay launcher. But yeah, a little redundant if you play on PC. Especially when you see how some AAA games look/perform on console. Woof.

kaizenkko

Kobe Bryant Yes GIF
Xbox is really weak as hardware these days, but calm down, I doubt Pro will sell 20+ millions at $700+.

clarky

Gold Member
I said by the end of it lifetime and I think 17-20M is realistic, in say 3-4 years. It's going to sell a few million right away and it'll most likely have some sort of bundle involving GTA VI at some point.
No way it outsells the PS4pro. You crazy.

Also Sony don't seem so keen on discounts these days.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
You said 17-20M easily. That has a different connotation than "this is realistic". Hence, the different understanding of what you say you really meant.

Edit: "easily see PS5 Pro selling 17-20M" is more accurate

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

I think more troubling than what rate the PS5 is outselling the XS consoles, it's at what rate their sales are slowing down.

At this rate they may not break 2M console sales in the whole of next year.

It's doing end of life numbers. And I don't just mean end of life numbers. I mean numbers a console puts up when it's successor is on the market.

Last edited:
Top Bottom