• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Enhanced Games Section on PSN Store

digdug2

Is there a chance it's changing to below 48 ?
I had read in the below article that the floor is now 40Hz (as stated by the man, the myth, the legend himself), but that could have just been a misquote by the author.

"TVs with variable refresh rates that can range from 40 to 120 fps are going to work with the PS5 Pro, Cerny adds, because games will automatically get frame rate improvements without an upgrade patch. Dedicated 120 fps modes will come too. Cerny said over 25% of PS5 owners own 120 fps-capable TVs, while around 1 in 10 PS5 players have variable refresh rate TVs. Gaming in 8K is a fun extra, but it's available to an even smaller subset of existing PS5 gamers since 8K TVs are even less common."

Last edited:

JimboJones

CTRL-F 'Helldivers 2'

Get on that Arrowhead, chop chop. Patch that PS5 quality mode with extra effects into 60fps.

Then I'll bite on the Pro.
They pooh-poohed DLSS a while back (well, they said it wasn't a priority) so I'd be interested to see if they implement PSSR. If they do maybe they will come around to finally implementing DLSS on PC.

Well,... it is a bit weird that a Ryzen 2600 cannot hold 60FPS.. and that CPU is faster than your i7 4770

But I am sure you are correct and your ancient i7 4770 runs Hellsdivers 2 at blazing framerates. Hell I should by one, it really has amazing value since it runs a 2024 game so well while being a 11 years old CPU. Makes total sense!

Or perhaps I really should just "fix" my PC instead

Thanks for your expert input

You're welcome, they are totally different CPU's, only an idiot would compare a Ryzen 2600 with an i7 4770, 11 years old or not, Intel were playing chess while AMD were playing chequers, the 2600 Zen+ CPU had a 3% relative gaming performance increase over the 4770 despite being released 5 years later than the intel chip.

I'm sure some games might perform better on the 2600, but apparently Helldivers 2 isn't one of them, PCMR guys on Gaf really aren't the brightest.

digdug2

"Fixing" the PS5 version of Elden Ring would get that Pro a ton of good, organic buzz. It's a good target because there's really no reason why it should run so inconsistently on the hardware. Attainable.
Absolutely. But I also think that Elden Ring would be a good candidate to show off the PS5 Pro's Boost Mode.

Preseznik

the Kayak VR game is on the PS5 Pro Enhanced list
it may mean increased resolution, 90/120fps without reprojection. PSSR is unknown if it works with VR, but I can't think of a reason it wouldn't.
In my experience DLSS for example is undesired in VR due to various artifacting/ghosting being much more noticable in VR.
But of course I'd choose that over low FPS in VR any day.

It's still over a month until the console launches, so I'm sure some more high-profile games will announce support in the coming weeks.

Cyberpunk is the one I'm most hopeful for, but I was under the impression they'd ceased all development for it and moved on after the last patch.

Still, I'd hope they could get a few folks together to get a patch out there.

Weirdly, I'd also like to see Overwatch 2 take advantage of it. I'm sure it could benefit well also.

omegasc

I believe Pro Boost mode will at least make Elden Ring stay in the VRR range. I played in Perf Mode and while noticeable, it didn't bother me that much. Maybe because I expected worse.

I believe Pro Boost mode will at least make Elden Ring stay in the VRR range. I played in Perf Mode and while noticeable, it didn't bother me that much. Maybe because I expected worse.

RT mode and performance mode are dynamic res and frame-rate. Boost mode is gonna make a big difference

uGWJTf1.png

RT mode is capped to 30, right?

I don't think it's actually capped to 30

The fact that the bulk of play in RT mode runs at or just above 30fps is far from ideal, as it's below the PS5's VRR window and doesn't feel smooth at all. In fact, the game sometimes dips below the 30fps line in RT mode, which means that not not even a 30fps cap would provide a consistent experience.

Elden-Ring-Ray-Tracing-Upgrade---Is-It-Worth-It_---PS5-vs-Xbox-Series-X-vs-PC!-2-15-screenshot.png

Last edited:

omegasc

RT probably needs patching to make use of the new hardware acceleration, so I don't expect a big boost right away. Quality mode will probably be a lot better, though.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
I had read in the below article that the floor is now 40Hz (as stated by the man, the myth, the legend himself), but that could have just been a misquote by the author.

"TVs with variable refresh rates that can range from 40 to 120 fps are going to work with the PS5 Pro, Cerny adds, because games will automatically get frame rate improvements without an upgrade patch. Dedicated 120 fps modes will come too. Cerny said over 25% of PS5 owners own 120 fps-capable TVs, while around 1 in 10 PS5 players have variable refresh rate TVs. Gaming in 8K is a fun extra, but it's available to an even smaller subset of existing PS5 gamers since 8K TVs are even less common."

I wouldn't put any confidence in cnet here.

It's probably a misquote or maybe cerny misspoke. We'll find out soon enough.

My guess is that review sites will get PS5 Pros in the next few weeks.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
RT probably needs patching to make use of the new hardware acceleration, so I don't expect a big boost right away. Quality mode will probably be a lot better, though.

Very few devs are going to go back and add in RT to old games, MAYBE ones that have already done the RT on PC and feel like their game could get a bit of a boost in sales or people will go back and play it and be more likely to buy a sequel. Games like Hogwarts Legacy.

Rise of the Fucking Ronin. Can’t wait for this one:
2yvGabW.jpeg

As a Nioh 1,2, WoLong Fallen Dynasty fan, I loved my time with Ronin so much so that I ended platinuming it. The performance during core combat was good but the exploration frame rates were wonky from time to time. Can't wait to revisit the main story missions on the Pro.

omegasc

Very few devs are going to go back and add in RT to old games, MAYBE ones that have already done the RT on PC and feel like their game could get a bit of a boost in sales or people will go back and play it and be more likely to buy a sequel. Games like Hogwarts Legacy.
yeah, what I meant is for Elden Ring, and games where there's already RT. Without a patch it will probably not make use of the new RT hardware acceleration, so the improvements of Pro Boost could be very limited on RT modes.

Kangx

For Jedi survival, I think it is best for Respawn to have a 60fps mode without RT just like they did for the base consoles.

The 60fps RT mode will not be a flat 60, i am pretty sure. So having a 60 fps with a higher res at flat 60 to fall back on is way better than the same RT mode Running at a higher res at 30fps.

Get rid of that 30fps mode. Make the 60fps RT as Fidelity and 60 without RT as performance mode. I am sure most players would prefer this.

This Is a common sense, I don't know why Respawn is disconnected.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
As a Nioh 1,2, WoLong Fallen Dynasty fan, I loved my time with Ronin so much so that I ended platinuming it. The performance during core combat was good but the exploration frame rates were wonky from time to time. Can't wait to revisit the main story missions on the Pro.
Ronin is one of the games I'm most looking forward to playing, but definitely waiting for Pro.

Kangx

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I noticed Dynasty Warriors says it's Pro Enhanced as well.
I think I have seen it on the list a couple of days now. The list is getting bigger.

Why is SH2 not on the list? Wukong really need the pro enhanced. Helldivers 2 is a good candidate too. Most of these are popular games and sony know it, but these are not getting the pro enhanced. Strange isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: XXL

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hope Until Dawn gets some sick PS5 Pro enhancements, but not holding my breath.
It's listed in the screenshot of the OP, the new one / remaster

brenobnfm

It’s already 40-120hz for supported games, the 48hz floor is for unsupported games.

Shin-Ra

OP has screenshots from the PS store on the PS5.

Probably removed for now and it will go back up with more games at launch.
Oh right, I checked the PS App / UK version of the store the day this thread got posted and there was neither a ‘collection’ or filter category so it might have been regional.

Alebrije

What does PRO Enhanced means?

All games Will just get more FPS , or it will be individual case where one Game get better resolution , Ray tracing and other just more FPS?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
What does PRO Enhanced means?

All games Will just get more FPS , or it will be individual case where one Game get better resolution , Ray tracing and other just more FPS?
Pro enhanced means they will take advantage of the pros capabilities in some form

Non enhanced games are just PS5 games that are compatible with the pro but not using things like PSSR

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Was the section removed? I could not find it last night.
So just looked at the store and the games are still labeled as PS5 Pro enhanced if you click on a game that is but no way to filter that down

Reddit has a running list of the current games.

Total: 60​

• Alan Wake 2
  • Apex Legends
  • Assassin’s Creed Shadows
  • The Callisto Protocol
  • The Crew Motorfest
  • Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Dragon Age: The Veilguard
  • Dragon’s Dogma 2
  • Dynasty Warriors: Origins
  • EA Sports College Football 25
  • EA Sports FC 25
  • Empire of the Ants
  • Enlisted
  • F1 24
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • The First Descendant
  • Fortnite
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • The Last of Us Part I
  • The Last of Us Part II Remastered
  • Lies of P
  • Like a Dragon: Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Marvel Rivals
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
  • The Midnight Town Stories: Adam's Diary
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • My Little Universe
  • Naraka: Bladepoint
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Outbreak: Shades of Horror Chromatic Split
  • Pro Baseball Spirits 2024-2025
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Redacted
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Retrieval
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Rogue Flight
  • Spider-Man Remastered
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Spine: This is Gun Fu
  • Star Wars Jedi Survivor
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Stellar Blade
  • Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown
  • Towers of Aghasba
  • Unreal Kingdoms
  • Until Dawn
  • Warframe
  • War Thunder
  • Wolverine
  • World of Warships: Legends

PSVR2 Games:​

• cyubeVR
  • Kayak VR Mirage

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Excellent game that can use all the help it can get on the graphical front.

I wonder what the enhanced features will be.

Team Ninja make FUN games, and that guys is way more valuable to me than graphics. That being said, if the extra power is used to smooth and pretty stuff up, its ALWAYS a win too.

I just wish people would take a more balanced outlook; its not a zero sum equation.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So just looked at the store and the games are still labeled as PS5 Pro enhanced if you click on a game that is but no way to filter that down

Reddit has a running list of the current games.

Total: 60​

• Alan Wake 2
  • Apex Legends
  • Assassin’s Creed Shadows
  • The Callisto Protocol
  • The Crew Motorfest
  • Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Dragon Age: The Veilguard
  • Dragon’s Dogma 2
  • Dynasty Warriors: Origins
  • EA Sports College Football 25
  • EA Sports FC 25
  • Empire of the Ants
  • Enlisted
  • F1 24
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • The First Descendant
  • Fortnite
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • The Last of Us Part I
  • The Last of Us Part II Remastered
  • Lies of P
  • Like a Dragon: Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Marvel Rivals
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
  • The Midnight Town Stories: Adam's Diary
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • My Little Universe
  • Naraka: Bladepoint
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Outbreak: Shades of Horror Chromatic Split
  • Pro Baseball Spirits 2024-2025
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Redacted
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Retrieval
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Rogue Flight
  • Spider-Man Remastered
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Spine: This is Gun Fu
  • Star Wars Jedi Survivor
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Stellar Blade
  • Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown
  • Towers of Aghasba
  • Unreal Kingdoms
  • Until Dawn
  • Warframe
  • War Thunder
  • Wolverine
  • World of Warships: Legends

PSVR2 Games:​

• cyubeVR
  • Kayak VR Mirage

I noticed that, yes. I was individually looking through my game lists to see which had the Pro Enhanced tag.

More than likely once it launches in November, they will have the section back up with a much larger list than initially shown.

Top Bottom