• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Enhanced Games Section on PSN Store

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
TBH I dont expect MS to support the Pro Features..
This would mean, the best way to play CoD on Console would be on a PS5 Pro and this IMO goes beyond "feature parity"
Supporting Pro is not optional if you are releasing a PS5 games from now on.

That being said I don't exactly expect them to go out of their way to advertise the Pro version details in the same way other 3rd party publisher might.

Probably will have to wait for DF to see what's going on in Blops 6. It probably be doing 4K PSSR 120fps.

So the Pro enhancements are not tied to the remaster? I found that to be a confusing statement from the SoP

He meant that you pay $10 for the remaster just like PC and base PS5 users pay

IN ADDITION, you get PS5 Pro support INCLUDED with the remaster

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
If they can bring the Quality mode to stable 60 fps and get rid of the traversal stutters we’re in for a home run.

I dunno man, they need more than that to justify an 800 euro console. Texture upscaling, geometry bump or whatever.

This game looks rough. Like launch PS4-era rough. And it's a PS5 exclusive which is one of the biggest wtf's of this generation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

omegasc

So the Pro enhancements are not tied to the remaster? I found that to be a confusing statement from the SoP
yes they are. But you are not paying for the enhancements, you are paying for the remaster, which will have the Pro enhancements.
The PS4 version would benefit from the Pro Boost mode, but it was already 60fps in quality mode on the base PS5.
What you get with 10 bucks is the same you got for Spider-Man, for example. You'll have the current PS4 version, and a new PS5 native version, with Pro enhancements.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Rise of The Ronin should benefit greatly from a patch. I wasn’t at all impressed with the visuals when I tried the demo, and it put me off buying the full game.
This should push people on the fence. Around launch there were a lot of PS3 comments about its visuals. I don't think I've seen it drop in price but I haven't really looked. Could be a reason why

Quantum253

Gold Member
yes they are. But you are not paying for the enhancements, you are paying for the remaster, which will have the Pro enhancements.
The PS4 version would benefit from the Pro Boost mode, but it was already 60fps in quality mode on the base PS5.
What you get with 10 bucks is the same you got for Spider-Man, for example. You'll have the current PS4 version, and a new PS5 native version, with Pro enhancements.
Okay, that makes sense. I have the Plat for Horizon and thought about replaying, but might as well wait for the remaster and when I pick up a pro

Paulxo87

So what is the percentage of games that actually use dynamic resolution/unlocked frame rates to take advantage of boost mode.

Also I'm completely shocked helldiver's 2 is not even a mention yet. That game is the poster boy for PS5 pro

Markio128

Gold Member
Am I right in thinking Cyberpunk could look slightly better using the boost mode on the Pro? At least a solid 1440p, instead of the range from 1008p?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Arrested Development Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Shin-Ra

No Death Stranding Pro patch? I'd like to play it at 4K and locked 60fps (problems in boss battles) without having to render it in the ultra wide aspect ratio mode, I don't hate the ratio at all, it was very cool for cutscenes, but more screen real estate is always welcome.
Pro boost should stabilise Death Stranding’s existing 2160p 16:9 mode without a patch but either the game’s temporal AA wasn’t very good or they did some excellent checkerboarding because there’s more shimmering than expected. Plenty of room for improvements with or without PSSR.

Astro Bot’s most desperately in need of a shadow quality increase, then anisotropic filtering and general image quality upgrade. I think the credits mentioned SMAA which along with the TAA could be entirely stripped in favour of PSSR. The jelly green UFO enemies and other high specular edges show the deficiencies of the current AA setup most.

XXL

Have we seen any footage of demons souls? I’d love to see how that is enhanced
It's is. But it's not much of an enhancement from what we know so far.

It was already 1440p 60fps in performance mode and 4K 30fps in Quality on PS5.

Now it's 4K 60fps on the PS5 Pro.

Luipadre

If they want to replace FSR 2.1 with PSSR they will need to patch it

The 1440p internal is upscaled via FSR 2.1 right now

I know but its still using dynamic ress. Cyberpunk looks much sharper indoors than outside because the internal ress dropping big time there. Wont be the case on the pro, or atleast should be much higher

I know but its still using dynamic ress. Cyberpunk looks much sharper indoors than outside because the internal ress dropping big time there. Wont be the case on the pro, or atleast should be much higher

Yeah the internal res will be locked to 1440p IMO

Last edited:

XXL

Hoping to see Space Marine 2 get Pro Enhanced. Same with Dragon's Dogma 2.
It's getting a Pro patch, but the details are not confirmed. But this employee from the developer thinks it should look better than Quality mode, but at 60fps. Details are kind of sketchy though.

XXL

I will add this here as well:

Sony confirmed that there is a "system level" boost mode for PS5 and PS4 games

Games don't HAVE to be patched to run better

Unless they are locked to 30, they will all reach 60 fps just by brute force

In a recent interview with IGN, PlayStation Senior Principal Product Manager Toshi Aoki briefly clarified how the PS5 Pro's new boost mode will work. The boost mode will not require developers to release updated patches for their games; PS4 and PS5 titles will just play better on the PS5 Pro right out of the box.

"Even if the game does not support the [enhancements] directly, there is a game boost feature which makes the current PS5 games and PS4 games run at a higher clock rate. So if those games also have dynamic resolution or variable frame rates, those games also will get a boost and run better," Aoki said.
I just realized The Last Guardian and SOTC should get a massive boost from this.
Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's is. But it's not much of an enhancement from what we know so far.

It was already 1440p 60fps in performance mode and 4K 30fps in Quality on PS5.

Now it's 4K 60fps on the PS5 Pro.
Yeah, they did such a good job on IQ in both modes on the PS5, the differences weren't major other than framerate. Especially on a good scaling TV set.

I'll welcome the 4K/60 tho.

• Fire
Reactions: XXL

Shin-Ra

Demon’s Souls (f’ing launch game, kicks so many more recent games) already looked all-round great in performance mode (‘dem silky shadows and particles) but the mixture of 1440p TAA softness combined with edge enhancement/sharpening produced an artificial quality that Naughty Dog’s games all suffer from since Uncharted 4.

Demon’s Souls’ 30fps mode had additional tessellation density, all of which casts extra shadow detail but wasn’t so easy to appreciate without the temporal clarity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom