• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Enhanced Games Section on PSN Store

Shin-Ra

I never tried The Last Guardian unpatched Blu-ray on PS5. Is it really 2160p?

I wonder how much performance Bluepoint gained purely from working with a newer PS5 SDK vs whatever they shipped or last patched with. DS had some subtle texture pop, nowhere near as bad as your typical Unreal Engine asset pops but another small thing they could clean up if they didn’t already.

Last edited:

recursive

Quite interested to see how RE4R VR and RE8 are improved, haven't done RE4 in VR yet and could def be persuaded to do another dozen runs in RE8 ha.

Pro is going to get me to finally jump into PSVR2 fullt, I'm going to order prescription lenses for it this weekend because glasses use is just far too annoying and is 90% of what's put me off getting into it.

I will finish Forbidden West and with the Pro patch, like I did with GoT when the proper PS5 upgrade came.

I'm finally gonna play Hitman 3 now because the VR is a way for me to get around my problems with the presentation that will seemingly never be addressed at this point. I can't wait for that actually, I loved the modern Hitman games, I put 2500 hours into them over the years.

No Death Stranding Pro patch? I'd like to play it at 4K and locked 60fps (problems in boss battles) without having to render it in the ultra wide aspect ratio mode, I don't hate the ratio at all, it was very cool for cutscenes, but more screen real estate is always welcome.
Has sony reported what how the ps5 pro will improve psvr2?

sachos

I only count 36 games so we still have 14 to see for launch.
Really interested to see how much better Outlaws and Jedi Survivor run and look, should be a big upgrade.

Based on PC performance and assuming no VRAM/bandwith/CPU limitations, looking at 1% FPS lows:

Jedi Survivor could very well run mix of Ultra/High/Med + Max RT 4K PSSR Performance 60 FPS

Outlaws could do High/Med at 4K PSSR performance 60 FPS

Both seem good enough to run max settings at 30 FPS PSSR Quality.

Interested about Callisto too. It could do Max Settings 4K Quality at 60 FPS, RT seems really heavy though.

MikeM

Gold Member
I look forward to some Black Ops 6 on this thing and see how decent it looks at 120 fps

Plus really hope Hell Let Loose see some stability improvements from frame dipping
Don’t all the recent CODs have dynamic res 120fps? If so, it may be an auto upgrade on the Pro.

They don't have any choice: PS5 Pro support is mandatory for new games now

Either they have a PS5 Pro mode or they can't release games on the platform
You have a source for this?

The PS4 mandate was well-known and implemented months prior to launch. I haven't read anything about a similar PS5 Pro mandate.

Shin-Ra

Found another game: Empire of the Ants.

NDnD8Re.jpeg

Last edited:

ABnormal

So if Horizon Zero is going to charge those who purchased 10 bucks for the Pro enhancement, will others follow suite? Or is it for the remaster which has the Pro enhancement there which you'd be buying that version for the Pro enhancements
It's not charged for being a Pro enhancement: it's charged because it's a remaster/remake, with all the assets and rendering redone. It takes working people who usually need to be paid.

For the other games, they are just Pro versions, just on res, frame rate, and maybe RT and effects. Just the same games but performing better.

RaZoR No1

Supporting Pro is not optional if you are releasing a PS5 games from now on.

That being said I don't exactly expect them to go out of their way to advertise the Pro version details in the same way other 3rd party publisher might.

Probably will have to wait for DF to see what's going on in Blops 6. It probably be doing 4K PSSR 120fps.
Good move by Sony, by forcing the Pro Support.
IMO it will still be awkward to have an MS game released on a rival console with more/better features.

pasterpl

It's not the whole list. It's just the section in the store. I'm sure it'll keep getting updated. There are games we know are Pro enhanced that aren't there yet.
Also some games are listed there that have not released yet.

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Talking to people they say for cert it only has to be able to run on the Pro thus counting as PS5 Pro support

If they want the Pro enhanced labeled then they have to patch actually features of the Pro into the game

This isn't confirmation of anything just repeating the message

Really? Were there any notable games that were released after PS4 Pro launched that was just the PS4 version running on the system?

I feel like I vaguely remember some that might have been bare minimum effort(like still running at same resolution/settings as PS4 but just performing better by default)

Last edited:

paolo11

I will add this here as well:

Sony confirmed that there is a "system level" boost mode for PS5 and PS4 games

Games don't HAVE to be patched to run better

Unless they are locked to 30, they will all reach 60 fps just by brute force

In a recent interview with IGN, PlayStation Senior Principal Product Manager Toshi Aoki briefly clarified how the PS5 Pro's new boost mode will work. The boost mode will not require developers to release updated patches for their games; PS4 and PS5 titles will just play better on the PS5 Pro right out of the box.

"Even if the game does not support the [enhancements] directly, there is a game boost feature which makes the current PS5 games and PS4 games run at a higher clock rate. So if those games also have dynamic resolution or variable frame rates, those games also will get a boost and run better," Aoki said.
I pray Final Fantasy 16 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake benefits this .

In a recent interview with IGN, PlayStation Senior Principal Product Manager Toshi Aoki briefly clarified how the PS5 Pro's new boost mode will work. The boost mode will not require developers to release updated patches for their games; PS4 and PS5 titles will just play better on the PS5 Pro right out of the box.

"Even if the game does not support the [enhancements] directly, there is a game boost feature which makes the current PS5 games and PS4 games run at a higher clock rate. So if those games also have dynamic resolution or variable frame rates, those games also will get a boost and run better," Aoki said.
The same system used on PS4 Pro. But games won't get to use the others unused CUs. I am not expecting big improvements. They should be smaller than PS4 Pro which had at least a 30% CPU overclock.

Full list......shamelessly stolen from Reddit:

• Alan Wake 2
  • Assassin’s Creed Shadows
  • The Callisto Protocol
  • The Crew Motorfest
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Dragon Age: The Veilguard
  • Dragon’s Dogma 2
  • Dynasty Warriors: Origins
  • EA Sports College Football 25
  • EA Sports FC 25
  • Empire of the Ants
  • Enlisted
  • F1 24
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • The First Descendant
  • Fortnite
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • The Last of Us Part I
  • The Last of Us Part II Remastered
  • Lies of P
  • Like a Dragon: Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Marvel Rivals
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • My Little Universe
  • Naraka: Bladepoint
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Pro Baseball Spirits 2024-2025
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Redacted
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Retrieval
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Spider-Man Remastered
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Spine: This is Gun Fu
  • Star Wars Jedi Survivor
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Stellar Blade
  • Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown
  • Towers of Aghasba
  • Until Dawn
  • Warframe
  • War Thunder
  • Wolverine
  • World of Warships: Legends

Onironauta

I never tried The Last Guardian unpatched Blu-ray on PS5. Is it really 2160p?

I wonder how much performance Bluepoint gained purely from working with a newer PS5 SDK vs whatever they shipped or last patched with. DS had some subtle texture pop, nowhere near as bad as your typical Unreal Engine asset pops but another small thing they could clean up if they didn’t already.
The Last Guardian was ~1900p on PS4 Pro

saintjules

Gold Member
The same system used on PS4 Pro. But games won't get to use the others unused CUs. I am not expecting big improvements. They should be smaller than PS4 Pro which had at least a 30% CPU overclock.

AGAIN

PS4 games were LOCKED in Resolution and frame-rate

PS5 GAMES ARE NOT

How exactly is this hard to understand???

It's a completely different scenario here

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

They don't have to have a Pro mode just be compatible like in this article
The Verge reporter Tom Warren wrote, “I understand developers are able to order test kits right now and that Sony is expecting every game submitted to certification in August to be compatible with the PS5 Pro.”

We need a list of games with dynamic resolution and FPS.

sncvsrtoip

Great Outlaws and Jedi Survivour got it, for sure will check. Games that should get Space Marine 2, Wykong, Avatar, Cyberpunk and gt7 vr 90fps native mode maybe even with higher details

We need a list of games with dynamic resolution and FPS.

PS5 Games (updated: end of 2023)

PS4 Games:

Last edited:
PS5 Games (updated: end of 2023)

PS4 Games:

Thank you! This is very helpful. So I'm guess that when I use my pro I will select performance mode on every game and the console will upscale to the highest resolution and framerate possible.

Top Bottom