• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Enhanced Games Section on PSN Store

AGAIN

PS4 games were LOCKED in Resolution and frame-rate

PS5 GAMES ARE NOT

How exactly is this hard to understand???

It's a completely different scenario here
Yes it seems like with the release of this pro we will finally be breaking free of the backward compatibility shackles.

From here on out games will be full backwards compatible at their highest settings possible.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Game boost can surely just boost RDR2 up to 60fps right…….right?

I Know Nod GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Katatonic

Even if not PS5 Pro "enhanced", games with unlocked frame rates will play faster on PS5 Pro just like PS4 games on PS4 Pro and then on PS5.

That being said, I would like to see some official enhancements for FFXVI.

Hmm. There is expecting and “expecting”. One is the literal meaning of anticipating that people will do this, the other is demanding they do it. It isn’t clear which. Given that it was crystal clear far in advance of the PS4 Pro, and this is just one dude’s anecdote, I suspect the former.

List needs to be much bigger IMO even by launch.
Yeah, for real. $700 plus the cost of the hard drive is a big ask, especially considering this generation is half over. If they want to sell me on this console, there needs to be tons more games updated. They should basically have all their first party games up and running on day one to show off the power of the Pro. Otherwise, I'll set aside that Pro money for the PS6.

S0ULZB0URNE

Yeah, for real. $700 plus the cost of the hard drive is a big ask, especially considering this generation is half over. If they want to sell me on this console, there needs to be tons more games updated. They should basically have all their first party games up and running on day one to show off the power of the Pro. Otherwise, I'll set aside that Pro money for the PS6.
All first party/in house games games should have support by launch. Destiny 2 for example shouldn't be missing and where is the UE5 games?

I will be playing Spiderman 2 (finally), Dragon Age Veilguard and Alan Wake 2 Dlc 1 and 2 on the Pro at launch.

Sensible chuckle that Cod Blops 6 is not on the list. Looks like envy has a new colour.

SpokkX

CTRL-F 'Helldivers 2'

Get on that Arrowhead, chop chop. Patch that PS5 quality mode with extra effects into 60fps.

Then I'll bite on the Pro.
This still wont lock to 60fps

It is mainly CPU bound when a lot happens in the game

I have two PC:s with the same GFX card and different CPU:s.. the PS5-grade CPU always drops frames while the 14700 runs butterty smooth

tommib

Start Wars Outlaws (patched and for $19.99), Kingdom Come 2, Dragon Age Veilguard (extra woke edition), Dragon’s Dogma 2, Death Stranding 2, Ghost 2 and GTA6.

All new games for me and all going to run and look great on PS5 Pro. Don’t understand what the losers who say PS5 Pro has no games are talking about.
Don’t forget the next Housemarque joint and whatever Bluepoint is working on.

saintjules

Gold Member
No Ghost of Tsushima patch? I know the PS5 upgrade runs well but sure they could crank up the detail and base res even more with Pro.

This is the problem with Sony and the Pro ...all these fucking exclusives should have a Pro patch lined up for launch. There are WAY too many games missing and that's BULLSHIT when it comes to a system like this.

I mean it's still very possible that they will. Maybe they're just not ready yet in the optimization process.

I could see GoT getting the update alongside the release of Yotei.

KevinK15

Neo Member
Good list. Has games I still have in my library. But still can't justify the Pro cost in Canada. And I see no trade in deals yet. Also my Sony TV I got awhile back, they messed up the VRR as turning on VRR shuts off local dimming.

Preseznik

No Mans Sky on PSVR 2 is going to be nuts.

Also, this is missing games that have enhancements that have already been confirmed.

RE4 and RE8 for example.
Were there any PSVR2 improvements on the Pro confirmed?
There was a general thing mentioned, but specific games with improvements?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This still wont lock to 60fps

It is mainly CPU bound when a lot happens in the game

I have two PC:s with the same GFX card and different CPU:s.. the PS5-grade CPU always drops frames while the 14700 runs butterty smooth
Buttery smooth 60 on the PS5 as it is already. All they need to do is PSSR and the like for graphics.

omegasc

Were there any PSVR2 improvements on the Pro confirmed?
There was a general thing mentioned, but specific games with improvements?
the Kayak VR game is on the PS5 Pro Enhanced list
it may mean increased resolution, 90/120fps without reprojection. PSSR is unknown if it works with VR, but I can't think of a reason it wouldn't.

Last edited:

SpokkX

Buttery smooth 60 on the PS5 as it is already. All they need to do is PSSR and the like for graphics.
Yeah no. Unless you play on easy/medium. I have about 60 hours on ps5. Run a helldive on a large map with 4 players. It rarely hold 60fps in that scenario. In fact this is why i bought it on pc - and it only hold 60 on my pc with a high end cpu (i7 14700)

Yeah no. Unless you play on easy/medium. I have about 60 hours on ps5. Run a helldive on a large map with 4 players. It rarely hold 60fps in that scenario. In fact this is why i bought it on pc - and it only hold 60 on my pc with a high end cpu (i7 14700)

You have issues with your PC configuration then, because it's a locked smooth 60 on low running on a GTX 1060 6gb on an i7 4770

SpokkX

You have issues with your PC configuration then, because it's a locked smooth 60 on low running on a GTX 1060 6gb on an i7 4770

No you do not know what you are talking about. Push the game with lots of enemies on difficulity. 8-9 and it drops all the time on low end cpu. You probably have difficility noticing - many people do and every time they state ”it is smooth for me” - they are simply not good at noticing drops

simpatico

Can’t believe they couldn’t secure Elden Ring or Cyberpunk. Easily the two biggest releases of the Gen. You’d think getting at least one would be a priority.

No you do not know what you are talking about. Push the game with lots of enemies on difficulity. 8-9 and it drops all the time on low end cpu. You probably have difficility noticing - many people do and every time they state ”it is smooth for me” - they are simply not good at noticing dropI

I have an onscreen FPS monitor, it's normally between 68/80 on that PC and doesn't drop below 60, you need to fix your PC.

SpokkX

I have an onscreen FPS monitor, it's normally between 68/80 on that PC and doesn't drop below 60, you need to fix your PC.
Well,... it is a bit weird that a Ryzen 2600 cannot hold 60FPS.. and that CPU is faster than your i7 4770

But I am sure you are correct and your ancient i7 4770 runs Hellsdivers 2 at blazing framerates. Hell I should by one, it really has amazing value since it runs a 2024 game so well while being a 11 years old CPU. Makes total sense!

Or perhaps I really should just "fix" my PC instead

Thanks for your expert input

Top Bottom