• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro final price prediction thread

How much will the PS5 Pro cost? (Pick one for no disc and one for disc)

• Total voters

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
The worst-kept secret in gaming is about to be revealed next week. There might not be a price announcement. If such is the case, we'll just do this again when we have it. Options are a bit messy, so sorry for that. Prices are in USD, of course.

near

Gold Member
Dr Evil GIF by Product Hunt

Hookshot

Gold Member
$699 with a disc drive.

They can't remove the drive mid gen because of the people who've purchased discs already. The PS6 will probably be digital only.

Last edited:

Jesb

$599 digital. And I think there’s zero chance there’s two sku’s.

Last edited:
Given the leaked specs

Should be $499 digital, $549 physical - accompanied by a $50 price drop for the current base PS5 models

In reality, it will be $599 digital, $649 physical - with no price drop for the current base PS5 models

PaintTinJr

There's nothing in Sony's +30 year product history of them using the 'Pro' moniker and deciding to cut off features from a device.

With a PS Portal still at £200 and the base console price at £479 and scalpers waiting in the wings for an item like this being under priced I would think a disc version only and a price exceeding £699 removes scalping makes them the most money and puts them under least pressure to reduce the OG PS5 price officially before Christmas.

//edit
With Switch 2 and next-xbox imminent next year according to rumours they'll want to be high on prices IMO for as long as possible so if next-xbox by OEMS is going to be high priced they will have already wiped out many of those potential consumers having recently paid high for a Pro, and they'd want the option to have headroom for a bigger price drop against next-xbox at launch and a bigger price drop of the OG PS5 against a Switch 2 release.

Last edited:
$599 Digital
$649 Disc

There’s no reason why they wouldn’t make a disc bundle like they do with the standard model which is also only $50 more now.

I would love a $549/599 or lower but I think it’s gonna start at $599 especially with how the standard has went up multiple times depending on the region.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

£580 and what ever that is in USD. But I'm just not sure about the drive. I'm probably being naïve, but I think PlayStation are going to try and keep it competitive. It would be funny if it comes in even more closely priced to the new 2tb XSX which is £550 in UK. I reckon storage will stay at 1tb.

I've had a change of heart I'll say 499 no disc and 549 with disc I can see Sony marking down the base console.....unless PSSR is the second coming of DLSS3 and we learn the investment was steep then it'll easily have a 599 starting price. Sony said they want a "competitive" price we'll see if they can show an appreciable difference to justify 599 I feel like even at 549 Sony would be sweating bullets I think that’s their ceiling.

499/549 no disc and 599 with disc.

Or 599 no disc and there won't be a disc SKU.

We won't see a PS5 Pro that costs over 600€/$

mystech

It will probably be $599 for the digital model and $649 for the disc version. Then again, maybe they go digital only this time and keep the disc attachment as an accessory.

Pricing this generation has been really weird. We are 4 years into the PS5 life and it’s still selling at the launch price. Of course 4 years is nothing compared to the almost 8 years of the Switch which is also still at the launch price.

PaintTinJr

I've had a change of heart I'll say 499 no disc and 549 with disc I can see Sony marking down the base console.....unless PSSR is the second coming of DLSS3 and we learn the investment was steep then it'll easily have a 599 starting price. Sony said they want a "competitive" price we'll see if they can show an appreciable difference to justify 599 I feel like even at 549 Sony would be sweating bullets I think that’s their ceiling.
Why would they be sweating bullets for anything Pro related? It isn't a device for those that are desperate to get a current PlayStation but are price conscious.

Modern day Sony have high prices for everything that is lower volume optional items.

I've been in the market to buy a new mobile from them for at least 9months and despite preferring the Xperia 1 V 4K anamorphic screen compared to the new 4 month old improved Xperia 1 VI phone with an inferior display for my needs, the old 16month old phone design is still £900 at its cheapest as brand new with an official UK model, and even their previous flagship 1 IV at 28months old is still still £650 brand new UK and nearly £600 as refurbished. So deep discounting for brand new on luxury Sony devices doesn't seem likely as there's zero pressure on the product, much like the £1300 Xperia 1 VI is just there, for those that want it at that price IMO.

Top Bottom