• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro final price prediction thread

How much will the PS5 Pro cost? (Pick one for no disc and one for disc)

• Total voters

Frwrd

$599.99 Just to fuck with the new Limited Edition Xbox sales... 🤭

Get it? Xbox =/= sales? Ahhh fuck...

Get Him Out GIF

ZehDon

Sony's won the console war, and they know there's no competition until Xbox's next-gen hardware lands - and even then, they know Microsoft won't be looking to compete.

USD$699, disc drive as an optional purchase, is not off the table.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
599.99 with Disc Drive. I'm seeing people spend less across the board, especially on shit they don't need. That's not to say, that everyone is doing the same, just what I notice in my own area.

Hrk69

Gold Member
Y'all are going to pay $699 and be pleased about it

Hopefully less obviously. I want one too.

The Astrobot FOMO is killing me

Last edited:

nial

Ok, as a second chance answer.
$599 for Digital Editon, $649 for Standard Edition.
Anyone suggesting more than that is insane.

Last edited:

ShakenG

(Aus here) Going with $800 disc or $700 no disc.
Maybe off by a hundred 😬😬
If they are $499 in the US for PS5, 599 for the pro?

Last edited:

SweetTooth

Gold Member
I will be bold with my prediction, I expect Sony to slash PS5 price by $100 then introduce Pro at ~$125 more.

Last edited:
The logic says $599 discless and $649 with disc.

Not believing just $50 more is enough to pump the Pro version. Unless Slim price is not up to date.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
No more than 600 dollars to not make cheap gamers cry in anguish.

Because remember, even a pro hardware has to be affordable :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
699 or over.

I remember the PSVR2 price specualtion and most people thought that thing would never cost more than 300-400. It's a premium product for a small portion of the most devoted fanbase, why price it at ps5 levels when the OG ps5 is still selling? Bump up the price as a premium edition. and dont give the og ps5 a price cut. which unfortunatly means that in my country it will probably be like 900 after vat etc.

All the increase in controllers, subscriptions and games makes me think that they will go with a “decent” price, a man can dream.

$549 digital
$599 disc

With it being targeted at enthusiasts, I can't really see it being less than £600 to be honest. Any cheaper and people will likely not buy the base model. Unless of course they drop the retail price of the base PS5 like they did with PS4 at the time the PS4 Pro launched.

Fabieter

$699 with a disc drive.

They can't remove the drive mid gen because of the people who've purchased discs already. The PS6 will probably be digital only.

Would be the last nail in the coffin for non Nintendo consoles. They will one as an expensive addon.

there are loads od people with hundreds of physical ps4 and ps5 games . Those people would have an easy switch to pc. They would completely start over with their library anyway so why bother with ps6.

Cyberpunkd

there are loads od people with hundreds of physical ps4 and ps5 games
AFAIK there is no reliable data that looked on backwards compatibility as a determining factor for purchasing a next-gen console. Everybody says it's important, the question is how many people will actually not purchase a new console with new iterations of their beloved IPs because of lack of backwards compatibility?

Nankatsu

600€, disc version.

They are asking us to do a mid-gen update, so yeah, higher than 600€ feels like a shot in the foot.

MadViking

I'm still hoping that the disc version is 599-649 euro. The maximum I'm ready to pay is 699 euro though, anything more and it's a no buy for me.

Sunkrest

Neo Member
I think you guys are underestimating Sony's greed. I'm guessing at least 700$, maybe even 800$ for the disc version.

They will say 'it's a premium product' and 'if you can't afford it, we still have base console'.

Little Mac

Gold Member
$600 or 650 for digital

Going out on a limb and saying there won't be a disc version. But you can still buy the current ps5 slim drive and attach it to the Pro.

Last edited:

PeteBull

I think you guys are underestimating Sony's greed. I'm guessing at least 700$, maybe even 800$ for the disc version.

They will say 'it's a premium product' and 'if you can't afford it, we still have base console'.
Its not like they got strong competition with xbox selling their 2tb series x for 550usd.
And pc equivalent to ps5pr0 is now over 850usd so even in future with newer gpu launch its unlikely it will ever go down under 600usd.

Monokrom

€599 w/o disc drive
€649 with disc drive

But here in Sweden we're screwed, SEK is worthless...

Last edited:

Fabieter

AFAIK there is no reliable data that looked on backwards compatibility as a determining factor for purchasing a next-gen console. Everybody says it's important, the question is how many people will actually not purchase a new console with new iterations of their beloved IPs because of lack of backwards compatibility?

For the matter of fact, this move would harm their ecosystem, especially for those heavily invested in physical gaming. These players could easily switch to a PC as an alternative. Some people around here have mentioned that they don’t care about exclusives becoming available elsewhere, but they would definitely switch to PC if physical copies are no longer an option.

If they dare to take this step, they could face even bigger issues with their PSN monopoly. At present, they can explain to the EU that there is still price competition for those who own a PS5 with a disc drive. It will be interesting to see if they are bold (or unwise) enough to go down this path, but it’s certainly a real possibility.

Cyberpunkd

but they would definitely switch to PC if physical copies are no longer an option.
The same PC that has had Steam as a de-facto standard for the past 15 years? At the beginning at least PC boxes had discs to install the game on Steam much faster than to download it, I think nowadays it's just a piece of paper with Steam code. Not to mention switching to PC makes you give up all your trophies and e-peen points.

Fabieter

The same PC that has had Steam as a de-facto standard for the past 15 years? At the beginning at least PC boxes had discs to install the game on Steam much faster than to download it, I think nowadays it's just a piece of paper with Steam code. Not to mention switching to PC makes you give up all your trophies and e-peen points.

Yes but you have real price competition in the digital pc gaming sector. That's not the case with Playstation at all.

I don't see this having a positive effect on sony even with Xbox on the way out.

No i would take every bet that there is gonna be a psn launcher on pc the next five years so you wouldn't even lose your trophies but could use Steam as well for better price competition. Physical gaming is no burden for sony it's one of the last benefits.

Top Bottom