• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT| [10/10 Pre-Order Links Updated In OP]

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
PS5 Pro is currently unavailable on PS Direct in the US.
Its strange because the site shows preorders until Oct 10th so I assume they just took them offline there to ensure enough stock for retailers starting tomorrow

GCcbm8P.png

jataple

Neo Member
Its strange because the site shows preorders until Oct 10th so I assume they just took them offline there to ensure enough stock for retailers starting tomorrow

GCcbm8P.png
If you click on that the website will redirect you to the ps direct ps5 pro preorders site and it says, out of stock, currently unavailable

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™

GCcbm8P.png

It's interesting. We may have a better idea of what happened after tomorrow or by the end of the weekend.

It's possible that the sales on direct were so slow they just released everything else to retailers

It's also possible that they sold out of units not allocated to retail and at the ceiling of which they can manufacture and ship ahead of Nov 7.

We're going to see if stock remains largely available at retail for a while.

And it will be interesting to see how Sony restocks the PS5 Pro both pre and post launch.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It's interesting. We may have a better idea of what happened after tomorrow or by the end of the weekend.

It's possible that the sales on direct were so slow they just released everything else to retailers

It's also possible that they sold out of units not allocated to retail and at the ceiling of which they can manufacture and ship ahead of Nov 7.

We're going to see if stock remains largely available at retail for a while.

And it will be interesting to see how Sony restocks the PS5 Pro both pre and post launch.
It will be curious how sells go at retailers.

I was hoping to grab 2 through Gamestop but I wont now as my buddy who is a regional manager for them just said his region is only allocated 6 per store so guess I will keep my PS Direct order for now

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
It will be curious how sells go at retailers.

I was hoping to grab 2 through Gamestop but I wont now as my buddy who is a regional manager for them just said his region is only allocated 6 per store so guess I will keep my PS Direct order for now

Dang, 6 per store, I guess they're thinking they'd just sell more through Direct? I wonder what Best Buy's allocation will be.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Dang, 6 per store, I guess they're thinking they'd just sell more through Direct? I wonder what Best Buy's allocation will be.
Just called my local gamestop and they're only getting 5 in stock. Traded away my PS5, Xbox Series S and switch for $708, so hopefully there isn't some crazy long line tomorrow. Gamestop opens at noon and I took off work, but have no idea what time to show up to wait in line.
Good question on Best Buys stock

I see J Jedi0608 area they are only getting 5 units per store

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™

Their preference would be to sell via Direct.

What's better selling a unit to Best Buy for 665 dollars or selling directly to a consumer for 700 dollars?

The only place they were selling in retail are where thy don't have PS Direct set up already. Something I expect they'll largely get a grasp on for the PS6.

But at the end of the day, it make sense to buy locally at retail, especially if you're trading in your old model.

It'll be an interesting October and November for PlayStation.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Ver low units, not rare some employeess Will keep one for themself or scalp.

When I was a kid working in retail, we specifically weren't allowed to do this. And for good reason. They want customers coming in and buying peripherals not turning around with nothing and then maybe not coming back at all.

Maybe if you were higher up like a manager or a warehouse manager or supervisor you'd be able to do this.

Alebrije

Gold Member
When I was a kid working in retail, we specifically weren't allowed to do this. And for good reason. They want customers coming in and buying peripherals not turning around with nothing and then maybe not coming back at all.

Maybe if you were higher up like a manager or a warehouse manager or supervisor you'd be able to do this.
Yep but retail workers always find a way..this happens on all sales on places like Walmart , a friend or familiar it's always involved.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yep but retail workers always find a way..this happens on all sales on places like Walmart , a friend or familiar it's always involved.
It happens at my local Best Buy as well as I have worked closely with them for years and know these people well.

Another little system some were running and got fired over was buying an expensive product and returning it and as soon as it went to the open box buy table at a decent discount having a friend come in and rebuying it

Gambit2483

Not if you have guys camping out the night before pre-orders go up. Not saying for the Pro in this case, but waiting on a line has never been a sure deal either.

I remember being outside Gamestop for the Series X back in 2020. They only had 12 pre-orders. Didn't get it. Then as I was walking back to my car I checked Walmart pre-order option and secured it right away.
I would still rather camp out than sit at a computer screen hitting F5 for 20 minutes just to finally see a "SOLD OUT" screen.

Just poked in at gamestop and two people randomly walked in to trade in their PS5's for tomorrow... umm yeah at least at my location it's gonna be hard to get. The employee said people have been trading them in for the last two weeks but they're only getting 6 Pro's apparently lower than what was promised.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Just poked in at gamestop and two people randomly walked in to trade in their PS5's for tomorrow... umm yeah at least at my location it's gonna be hard to get. The employee said people have been trading them in for the last two weeks but they're only getting 6 Pro's apparently lower than what was promised.

My guess is it won’t be nearly as easy to get at retail versus PS direct

I’m staying with Direct and selling PS5 later

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Same at my only local store, guy said they have had a flurry of people trading in systems in preparations for the pro, going to be a lot of disappointed people it seems

I think I'm gonna try to get a pre-order in at GameStop tomorrow. Still not sure if I plan on trying to pay for this thing outright so the wife can have the standard PS5. I guess it depends on what the trade-in will be.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Euler007

Wow it finally sold out, Like I said. Once this is out on Nov 7, it will be hard to find for the rest of the year.
Yeah. Once some countries and outlets start selling out the domino will go down the chain. Good luck playing the Pro on your Christmas break when the preorders run out.

Time for Tom Warren to dust off his article about Sony having a terrible supply chain and unable to meet demand and retire the other article about not selling.

Store credit in the $300 range
Sometimes they announce deals day of, though. Might be an extra percentage if trading in towards the console. Do we know how much down they want for a preorder?
Yeah. Once some countries and outlets start selling out the domino will go down the chain. Good luck playing the Pro on your Christmas break when the preorders run out.

Time for Tom Warren to dust off his article about Sony having a terrible supply chain and unable to meet demand and retire the other article about not selling.
This console can both underperform and "sell out." Those 2 things don't have to go together. I would assume demand wasn't great considering how long the preorders were up for the Direct website, but that could also be because a lot of people want to trade in their consoles too.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Just called and if you plan on trading in it seems pre-ordering in store is the best bet since online it charges the full amount. I'll probably pre-order online since I'll be at work and then trade in my PS5 before the 19th for cash to pay towards it.

dmaul1114

Pretty much the same deals they had before, only difference is this time it’s also cash and not just store credit

However I got $330 in store credit for trading in my XSX and got PSN gift cards, so essentially cash
Yeah, not a big difference, but I’d rather have cash that I can just throw toward my credit card bill (reward points, pay it off in full every month regardless). Especially since I have a little backlog to work through on Pro vs. having games I plan to buy for it the rest of the year.

Top Bottom