• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT| [10/10 Pre-Order Links Updated In OP]

Power Pro

Any chance this is gonna be on amazon tonight? i dont think im gonna get one, but if i see one pop up and it's available, i might. Id need a disc drive though

Yup, Target is live. They are first out of the gate on this one, went live at 1 am Eastern on 10/10

I can cancel my PS Direct order now LMAO

Still don't know if I really want the thing or not but whatever I can even wait until I get the thing and return it to Target if I change my mind

Last edited:

Power Pro

Does target charge at order or shipping?

Edit: nevermind, they do the stupid "authorization hold", which is the same damn thing. I'd have to wait til friday.

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
Dang that's a good deal, especially being able to get the same in cash.

Think I'll move the games I've been holding off to play over to my expansion SSD and get my launch PS5 traded in for cash before the 19th.

I'm fine being without a PS5 until 11/7 since I'm focused on some XSX and Switch games until then anyway.

I personally wouldn't trade in. What if your Pro doesn't work properly once you have it? Youll now be stuck without a Console until you get a replacement or othereise.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
The disc drive is OOS pretty much everywhere. Is this a short term supply issue because the Pro doesn't come with one by default?

Not sure where you live, but drives should become available without issue. They were sold out in the US for a while, but quickly came back in stock after a short period. I don't think they have issues with production here.

DJ12

Pre ordered mine this morning with stand and disc drive.

Also got a 4tb 990 pro nvme drive.

Don't know whether to buy a new sabrant heat sink or just use the one on my original ps5 and let the person buying it worry about that.

Bye bye Xmas bonus rofl.

Last edited:

jm89

The disc drive is OOS pretty much everywhere. Is this a short term supply issue because the Pro doesn't come with one by default?
Check hotstock reguarly, or use the app to get notifications when it comes in stock.

I've seen it come in stock a few times and stay in stock for hours/days.

Also shopto.net are taking backorders so you could order from them and they'll fullfill it when they get it in stock.

King Dazzar

So after all the pre order faffing. I've ended up cancelling the PS direct order and placed an order with Amazon. Its simply a matter of trust if something should go wrong. Or if it turns out to be a hairdryer on steroids.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

You're way more likely to get a hairdryer from Amazon lol...
Ha in which case it will be no worries returning it. Its all personal mileage & experience. But after taking a month to get a refund from PS recently. I have more trust with Amazon when things go wrong. Here in the UK they've on the whole been very good with regards returns/refunds and warranty.

Euler007

I'm kind of in a weird spot right now. Got a PS5 Pro on order with the 30th DS, I had moved on from my disappointment and told myself I'd get the chroma green plates. But then people are doubting it will fit the Pro (or if a Pro version will be out).

Now it's thursday morning and it feels like groundhog day, am I setting myself up for another disappointment, only to go back to the chroma plate confusion.

King Dazzar

lmao i have dealt with the ps4 pro fan so i am used to it but i understand your worry about it.
Yeah I'm confident it will be great and silent too. But its always good to be cautious. First batches too...

I'm kind of in a weird spot right now. Got a PS5 Pro on order with the 30th DS, I had moved on from my disappointment and told myself I'd get the chroma green plates. But then people are doubting it will fit the Pro (or if a Pro version will be out).

Now it's thursday morning and it feels like groundhog day, am I setting myself up for another disappointment, only to go back to the chroma plate confusion.
My understanding is that plates for the slim don't fit the Pro.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

If only Sony would communicate with their consumers

Novel approach I know

j0hnnix

It looks like Gamestop online goes live 9AM CST. As other have mentioned 6 per store.. 18k over all in stock.. ill try online first if not im off to the store near me at noon.

jm89

My understanding is that plates for the slim don't fit the Pro.
I will be surprised at that. I think Sony not really mentioning anything about it fitting the pro might just be them admitting implicitly it does.

It beggars belief why they haven't come out and say it though.

If it doesn't fit, whoever is running playstation really needs to be dragged out.

I guess every store started differently. Best Buy goes up in less than 2 hours.

Jake is live btw

This man is wild, he's gonna try to get an order in on every store

I'm glad I got my 30th Anni Slim when Target randomly unexpectedly dropped it a few hours ago, I'm good to go on that. Being forced to pay for Walmart+ is ridiculous, and Amazon is going to be mobbed by bots instantly

King Dazzar

I will be surprised at that. I think Sony not really mentioning anything about it fitting the pro might just be them admitting implicitly it does.

It beggars belief why they haven't come out and say it though.

If it doesn't fit, whoever is running playstation really needs to be dragged out.
Its all a mix of bits of info here and there my side. And I hope you're right - it would make things really easy. But my understanding was that some of the covers are the same (the disc drive area for example). But other plate areas aren't. Hopefully we get more info prior to launch, when I assume reviewers may get their hands on Pro early.

Last edited:
Top Bottom