• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

nashman

So with the PS4 Pro games had a varying degree of improvements. Some small some much larger. Most games from now on I expect middling results, higher res/added ray traced shadows, occasional framerate jump. But Sonys going to have to show a bunch of games with a full blown Promode to sell the Pro. What games could that be? either in the September showcase or TGS. Just my wild guesses as Im excited for new hardware

Astrobot - 100%. We see it at TGS with a "Promode"

DS2- 99%. Again a show piece at TGS showing off the power of Pro

After that who knows. Sony cant just say "see Astrobot and DS2 take full advantage of the Pro and a year from now GTA6 will too".

NMS/ Light no fire - 75%. Hello games always been tight with Sony and data mining found mention of a PS5pro mode already for NMS.

Black Myth Wucong- 50%. If the IGN story is correct and there is an exclusivity deal with them and Sony then why not also a Promode worked into the deal.

Then what recent(ish) first party games get it out of SM, HZD, TLOU, GOW and GT7?

GT7- 60 fps with ingame raytracing? or 120fps with much higher res and detail?

Good news is we wont have to wait long. Next few weeks should be very interesting.

Preseznik

Neo Member
GT7- 60 fps with ingame raytracing? or 120fps with much higher res and detail?

The main thing GT7 can improve in is VR. Currently its running at 60 reprojected to 120, which looks terrible and even makes people sick.
They need to hit steady 120 without reprojection, or if that isn't feasible, 90 works great as well.
I run all my PCVR racing sims at 90 without ASW and it's *night and day* to how terrible GT7 feels in VR.

If they do this one thing, I'll buy two (for both my sim rigs).

Obviously I'll accept any improvements (raytracing ingame etc), but VR is my main interest in following PS5 pro news.

Oh I have no issue with that. It was simply the.

"The PS5 Pro will be offered as a digital-only model, reportedly to keep costs down, though today's report suggests it may still be possible to affix the PS5 disc drive add-on to it - although this is not confirmed either way."

That had me concerned.
They are creating as much FUD as they can about any new Sony hardware, as usual. They were doing that for both PS4 (14 CU + 4 CU), and PS5 (9TF, RDNA1, not hardware RT) for years and they'll happily do it for PS5 Pro aswell. They are MS free shills.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sounds like base 4070-ish performance as originally foretold. I have one on my PC and I'm pretty happy with it, so it sounds great for a console.
I know someone kept saying 4070 ish real world performance

Think Season 8 GIF by One Chicago

Imtjnotu

I just did a PC rebuild. The mobo, psu and ram, alone was the price of the Pro.

For a complete system, I'll gladly spend the $600

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Things are heating up uh? Next 2 weeks are gonna be amazing for hype. Now that we are potentially getting closer we should bet on price no? If there is a no disc version i can see them doing 550 for digital and 650 for disc version. They would need to decrease PS5 Slim price though. 350 Digital 450 Disc? Nah seems too good to be true.

I doubt it, they are going to gouge people with the PS5 Pro. Like $650-$750. They are going to tell the nerds that if you want a powerful system like you've been whining about for years, time to pay up lol.

Last edited:

Bitstream

There's no chance it's going to be 750; Sony has admitted that the pro model is a way to keep people in the Sony eco system instead of upgrading their computer, when you can get an RTX4070 for ~500, pricing this at >150 over that wouldn't do much in terms of convincing people to stay.

diffusionx

Gold Member
There's no chance it's going to be 750; Sony has admitted that the pro model is a way to keep people in the Sony eco system instead of upgrading their computer, when you can get an RTX4070 for ~500, pricing this at >150 over that wouldn't do much in terms of convincing people to stay.
How many PS5 people have a game ready PC that they just need to slot a $500-$600 GPU into?

PC gaming has gotten way more expensive over the years unfortunately. A $750 PC build is pretty crappy. And that would be the price of the disc version.

Last edited:
It's more important how you justify the price than the price itself. What Killer aplications do you have?? They need to show some new games with the system.

PaintTinJr

How many PS5 people have a game ready PC that they just need to slot a $500-$600 GPU into?

PC gaming has gotten way more expensive over the years unfortunately. A $750 PC build is pretty crappy. And that would be the price of the disc version.

Yeah the reality of pairing such an expensive GPU with the cheapest capable PSU, case, motherboard chipset, memory and mid-CPU to be just £200 over the price of a disc version never works out that way in reality. I would say the ratio of system costs to GPU costs for a budget build - which apparently now includes a £500 RTX4070 - is between 2/3rds to a 1/3 at the cheap GPU end and at best 3/5 and 2/5 at the expensive end, so its going to be £750 for a suitable PC to house a £500 'budget' card, because even at 1/2 and1/2 a £500 System to home a £500 GPU will have lots of the caveat issues of a OEM pre-built.

I keep putting off upgrading my 12 core workstation system I use for productivity, and the reality is I'm going to need to spend at least £900 to not feel I'm cutting corners, and that's even reusing a £150 PSU, reusing a £150 case, and reusing storage, and my GPU, and already having a retail copy of Windows Pro and a portable Blu-ray player/writer for it, and using LAN NIC rather than Wifi.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

The irony being that Super Saiyan 3 is the most inefficient and energy intensive Super Saiyan form. So much so that Goku can’t keep it for more than a couple of minutes with a living body. It’s quite literally the ultimate "brute force" method which makes it much closer to what the 4090 is.

7700 XT is a bit too low in my opinion. I still stand by your 4070 prediction. Could be 4070S+ in exclusives. I wonder if they can leverage dual-issue compute somehow.

nnytk

Neo Member
It's more important how you justify the price than the price itself. What Killer aplications do you have?? They need to show some new games with the system.
Honestly, Dragons Dogma 2 and Alan Wake 2 at 60fps with improved graphics, would be lovely to see for someone like me who doesn't own a PS5.

Or DS2, MH Wilds, Wukong, all running smoothly at 60fps ☺️

We need to have a poll before this thing launches asking “Which Nvidia GPU will the PS5 Pro perform comparably to in raster?”

We already know the PS5 performs comparably to the 2070S/2080 in raster.

I’m personally of the belief it’ll perform more-or-less similar to a 4070. Anything less than that and it’s like…what’s the point of this thing?

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

A 13400F is plenty good for a 4070. The real problem with that setup is the slow-ass DDR4 and motherboard.

Now that we're seemingly getting closer to a reveal I'm starting to get hyped again I just hope they can show an appreciable difference I want to see raytracing and GI everywhere

Here’s where things start to become a little head-scratchy when you really start to think about a $599 digital edition Pro

The PS5 Digital Edition launched in November 2020 for $399, at roughly ~half the performance level of the top GPU released that same year (3090)

If PS5 Pro digital edition launches in November 2024 for $599, at roughly ~half the performance level of the top GPU released 2 years ago (4090)

….that seems like…pretty disappointing price/performance relative to where the PS5 stood at launch.

The 4090 is 76% more powerful than the 3090, don't get caught up in the year it was released, the 4090 is a ridiculous piece of tech.
I’m not comparing the 3090 to the 4090

I’m comparing PS5 to the best GPU available at the time of its release and PS5 Pro to the best GPU available at the time of its release

A $599 digital-only Pro doesn’t seem like nearly the same value in terms of price/performance as the original PS5 did when it launched. Not even close, actually.

Conversely, the PS4 and PS4 Pro GPU performance seemed pretty similar to each other in their respective launch years and at their respective launch price.

Last edited:

PUNKem733

I’m not comparing the 3090 to the 4090

I’m comparing PS5 to the best GPU available at the time of its release and PS5 Pro to the best GPU available at the time of its release

A $599 digital-only Pro doesn’t seem like nearly the same value in terms of price/performance as the original PS5 did when it launched. Not even close, actually.

Conversely, the PS4 and PS4 Pro GPU performance seemed pretty similar to each other in their respective launch years and at their respective launch price.
So you are comparing, at the time of these consoles releases, these consoles to top of the line GPUs that cost EASILY over $1,000 when new? To $400-$500 Consoles? LMAO!! I don't post much, but many members on this site are incredible. Entertaining shit.

Last edited:
So you are comparing, at the time of these consoles releases, these consoles to top of the line GPUs that cost EASILY over $1,000 when new? To $400-$500 Consoles? LMAO!! I don't post much, but many members on this site are incredible. Entertaining shit.
Nah. You’re missing the point.

I’m comparing relative price/performance. I made that pretty clear in my post.

A $599 PS5 Pro digital edition in 2024 that performs ~half as well as a $1600 GPU released 2 years prior

Is objectively a lesser value, all things considered, than a $399 PS5 digital edition in 2020 that performs ~half as well as a $1500 GPU released the same holiday season

I’m still getting the Pro at launch. I’m just pointing out some inconsistencies.

Last edited:
I think Keplers prediction of 7700xt raster will be quickly proven wrong. It will much closer to 7800XT raster and 4070S RT.
lmao, 4070s is already stronger than 7800xt in raster, so you are saying Pro's AMD graphic card will perform like the latest NVIDIA's cards in RT ?
Here’s where things start to become a little head-scratchy when you really start to think about a $599 digital edition Pro

The PS5 Digital Edition launched in November 2020 for $399, at roughly ~half the performance level of the top GPU released that same year (3090)

If PS5 Pro digital edition launches in November 2024 for $599, at roughly ~half the performance level of the top GPU released 2 years ago (4090)

….that seems like…pretty disappointing price/performance relative to where the PS5 stood at launch.
The comparison should be done to a similar PC in my opinion, not to the best graphic card available by that time, and the cost of that PC would be more or less the same than it was back in 2020, the difference is that this Pro console will be more expensive (might not be 600$ tho), but that's normal, console manufacturers will take more losses at the start of the generation to get as many people in, as soon as possible.

I think you're wrong. I think the Pro ESPECIALLY with PSSR/machine learning will punch well above it's weight.
So you’re saying the Pro is going to perform more than half as well as the 4090?

That would put it into 4070S/3090 territory. Not happening.

Last edited:

PUNKem733

I don't know how it will perform compared to PC GPUs, but as a console if PSSR is used right, this console might punch above it's weight more so then any other console ever. IF it's half as good as a 4090 that is just icing on the cake. If we look at the PS5 as a 2070/close to a 2080, and now the pro is being touted as somewhere around a 4070/4070Ti that would be a huge leap to me, but I don't PC game, I just read a lot.

Top Bottom