• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

Little Mac

Gold Member
The question now is “Does Sony Respond?”

Was the backlash loud enough for them to reconsider their approach? Maybe by including some some sort of added value into the purchase, like the drive, or maybe some pack-ins, like GT or Demon Souls, that showcase the Pro’s strengths?

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Was the backlash loud enough for them to reconsider their approach? Maybe by including some some sort of added value into the purchase, like the drive, or maybe some pack-ins, like GT or Demon Souls, that showcase the Pro’s strengths?
Honest question why would they?

The PS4 Pro was only a small slice of the pie for them so its likely they figured this Pro would sell around the same % wise

Its also likely they are making a little money on each of these

They sure didn't listen to the backlash to Concord prior to launch

Fabieter

Honest question why would they?

The PS4 Pro was only a small slice of the pie for them so its likely they figured this Pro would sell around the same % wise

Its also likely they are making a little money on each of these

They sure didn't listen to the backlash to Concord prior to launch

They did to helldivers 2 and the ps3 psn store shitstorm.

jm89

I think the best response is now getting the pro into the hands of outlets that can do technical analysis on first party and third party games getting a visual/perf bump.

Cause right now no one is taking sonys word for what the pro is capable of and people need third party outlets to tell them this is how much improvment you will see.

Fabieter

So it was after the fact

Possibly Sony changes thinking with the Pro after launch but not before

I also think this will not be a product they make a bunch of excess of sitting on store shelves, especially after the Holidays

I have a feeling like they spit out the price like that to test how the market is responding. I mean the presentation wasn't alot more than release and price announcement.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I have a feeling like they spit out the price like that to test how the market is responding. I mean the presentation wasn't alot more than release and price announcement.
Yeah this wasn't the "here is the reason you need a pro" presentation

This was the reveal and lets take some heat for a week or two on the price before we start showing people what it can do in games like Death Stranding 2

Fabieter

Yeah this wasn't the "here is the reason you need a pro" presentation

This was the reveal and lets take some heat for a week or two on the price before we start showing people what it can do in games like Death Stranding 2

Oh iam sure they will do a good state of play in September to show of the pro but I can't get over the fact that I need to pay another 120 euro extra to even use the thing. Iam like 95% physical on consoles.

yurinka

A few childish nerds complaining in social media and forums doesn't mean a shit when their sales and revenue continue being great. The disc drives are selling out before the Pro release. So no, they will not react.

If something they'll try to show better the benefits of the console, particularly those not particularly shown before, as would be to show some great PS5 Pro Boost mode examples, remind the 2TB SSD, 8K and wifi7 and announce and show more games getting Pro patch but maybe this time in a 4K 60fps video if possible without youtube's awful compression.

And well, also showing great upcoming great exclusives taking benefit from it.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member

Obviously, Sony can make mistakes, but I'm pretty sure they priced this out to hit the revenue targets they want, knowing who will be buying it. They have experience on this. I don't even think a pack-in would be useful, because the people who will be buying it, have a lot of those games (like myself lol).

From their POV:
kxOI5mY.jpeg

Little Mac

Gold Member
Obviously, Sony can make mistakes, but I'm pretty sure they priced this out to hit the revenue targets they want, knowing who will be buying it. They have experience on this. I don't even think a pack-in would be useful, because the people who will be buying it, have a lot of those games (like myself lol).

From their POV:
kxOI5mY.jpeg

I’m interested in grabbing one but think they did a terrible job unveiling it, which made the console’s asking price shocking. We need more info on games, patches, etc before determining its value. Regardless, I don’t think a pack-in game is out of the question during the Pro’s launch window. Kinda similar to what they did with the Spider-man 2 Slim bundle last year.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I’m interested in grabbing one but think they did a terrible job unveiling it, which made the console’s asking price shocking. We need more info on games, patches, etc before determining its value. Regardless, I don’t think a pack-in game is out of the question during the Pro’s launch window. Kinda similar to what they did with the Spider-man 2 Slim bundle last year.
Did you get a PS4 Pro? I'm expecting the same sort of thing in terms of support and all that.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
Did you get a PS4 Pro? I'm expecting the same sort of thing in terms of support and all that.
No I left the Sony ecosystem during the launch of the PS3 and was a green rat until late last year. 2023 broke me as a Xbox fan and I ended up grabbing a Spider-Man 2 PS5 Slim bundle. Been loving it since and I have a lot of games to catch up on. Because I’m playing a lot of these Sony games for the first time, I’m cool with upgrading to the Pro but I, and I’m sure others, need more info to justify the purchase.

FrankWza

They haven't tested the market yet. It needs to at least be available for preorder first. For now we have the disc drive selling out everywhere though so that's the only indicator of potential sales or demand so far.

They haven't tested the market yet. It needs to at least be available for preorder first. For now we have the disc drive selling out everywhere though so that's the only indicator of potential sales or demand so far.

That might be more scalpers though. I'm not sure what return policies are at most places but unless the scalpers can unload it for more than they paid, they will just return it.

Last edited:

FrankWza

That might be more scalpers though. I'm not sure what return policies are at most places but unless the scalpers can unload it for more than they paid, they will just return it.
Amazon in Germany already have a price higher than msrp so yea it's probably mostly scalpers.
Even if it is majority of the recent sales, it's still a pretty good indicator of demand. Just like the secondary market is a new way companies are viewing value. PS5 sales on reseller sites at premium for so long is probably one of the reasons why the PRO is priced where it is.

Top Bottom