• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

jose4gg

459196347_911009834394788_66358602382808902_n.jpg

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

bundylove

They really wouldn't be announcing it in Sept if wasn't coming out until next year surely......
my logic

Ps4 pro had its show case on september 7th and it was an hour long.

Prior to that ps4 pro was talked or hinted at sonys e3 that its coming.

Now, we have a 9 minute something on september 10th.

Thats why

kevboard

my logic

Ps4 pro had its show case on september 7th and it was an hour long.

Prior to that ps4 pro was talked or hinted at sonys e3 that its coming.

Now, we have a 9 minute something on september 10th.

Thats why

...huh? how does that make sense?

the presentation this time is shorter simply because A: the jump in power is far smaller than it was for the PS4, and B: there's only a single new feature, and that is PSSR.

the PS4 Pro had to sell its 4k capabilities (which was a new feature), had to explain checkerboard rendering (another new thing at that point), and had to sell HDR (yet another new feature)
even the concept of a mid gen refresh was something new for Sony at that point. the only manufacturer that did that before the Pro was Nintendo with their handhelds.

the PS5 Pro is still a 4k system, still uses the same HDR, and simply tries to do what the normal PS5 already does slightly better.
so there's really not much to talk about. the mid gen refresh isn't a new concept anymore either so no need to sell people on that idea

I bet 8 of these 9 minutes will be used to explain how PSSR will improve image quality, and 1 minute will be about how raytracing is now possible in more games... and that's it.

Last edited:

bundylove

...huh? how does that make sense?

the presentation this time is shorter simply because A: the jump in power is far smaller than it was for the PS4, and B: there's only a single new feature, and that is PSSR.

the PS4 Pro had to sell its 4k capabilities (which was a new feature), had to explain checkerboard rendering (another new thing at that point), and had to sell HDR (yet another new feature)
even the concept of a mid gen refresh was something new for Sony at that point. the only manufacturer that did that before the Pro was Nintendo with their handhelds.

the PS5 Pro is still a 4k system, still uses the same HDR, and simply tries to do what the normal PS5 already does slightly better.
so there's really not much to talk about.

I bet 8 of these 9 minutes will be used to explain how PSSR will improve image quality, and 1 minute will be about how raytracing is now possible in more games... and that's it.
That is to say a new iphone presentation should last 2 minutes as they keep selling the same shit over and over with zero to no improvement. Yet its an hour long?
And like we dont know upscalers by now. For the last 10 years no? You just said it. Checkerboard.

As i alludet here to some, i know my stuff.
Dont need to educate me with this nonsense. Am started with atari when i was 2 years old. I had all playstations from day one. I know most of playstation that you young guys never even heard off.

On the technical stuff, again i work with computers all day. My industrial machines are in the 6 digits. I programm jobs all day. Learn new stuff all day.
Gaming is nothing compared to that.

I stay firm with my belief that this thing will come out next year. And i want to be wrong as i am bad with waiting

bundylove

Which... like... adds to what I said. There's less to explain, less to sell the idea of. thes just need to show that their implementation is good
Ok but how are they trying to sell this to me then?

At those rumored prices they have to bring something good to the table.

If i spend 9 minutes on one of my clients and say now buy it, they would laugh and walk out the door.

Mr.Phoenix

What do you mean bundle? Do you have to add the disc drive yourself? Aren’t the $400 DE and $500 model two different SKUs?
I call it a bundle, because as it stands, the only difference between the PS5 digital and PS5 disc version, is the shape of the face plate on the disc drive side and the fact the disc drive is already attached.

You could also just as easily buy faceplates for the digital SKU, and remove the disc drive and it's now a digital SKU. What I did for mine.

Skifi28

If i spend 9 minutes on one of my clients and say now buy it, they would laugh and walk out the door.

"Buy now the most advanced playstation hardware we've ever build to play current and future playstation games with even better visuals, framerates and advanced ray tracing effects. Now included advanced AI stuff you hear about just about everywhere else."

I really don't think they need to try that hard to sell it to the average consumer. As for enthusiasts, they already know what to expect after the leaks and it'll probably be quite good.

kevboard

If i spend 9 minutes on one of my clients and say now buy it, they would laugh and walk out the do

they will simply show how PSSR and the better RT will improve the graphics and image quality of games... that's all...

bundylove

"Buy now the most advanced playstation hardware we've ever build to play current and future playstation games with even better visuals, framerates and advanced ray tracing effects. Now included advanced AI stuff you hear about just about everywhere else."

I really don't think they need to try that hard to sell it to the average consumer. As for enthusiasts, they already know what to expect after the leaks and it'll probably be quite good.
Ok how bout this.

I buy your gobbledeedoo. But at least show alan wake 2 with rt 60 or path trace 30.

That would make my anus glow

kevboard

Ok how bout this.

I buy your gobbledeedoo. But at least show alan wake 2 with rt 60 or path trace 30.

you expect RTX 4080+ performance here.

the PS5 pro is the smallest mid gen upgrade ever... it will get RT reflections at 30fps at best.

we are talking 10 TFLOPS vs 15~17 TFLOPS here... that's a tiny jump. the biggest improvement will come from PSSR, and that can't do wonders lol

Last edited:

Skifi28

Ok how bout this.

PT might still be a bit much for the pro in my opinion, but I'm sure some developers are going to give it a try anyway. We've gotten some pretty impressive RT on the base machines that nobody thought possible in that class of hardware so who knows.

Last edited:

bundylove

you expect RTX 4080+ performance here.

the PS5 pro is the smallest mid gen upgrade ever... it will get RT reflections at 30fps at best
Again if the magic bullet is the pssr i am shure it can wing PT in alan wake 2 at a base 720 resolution. There is nothing going on in that game.

Point is they can only wim me over in 9 minutes if they show me somwthing of value.

As you said, otherwise it would be the smallest upgrade and not worth to jump on it for a while

King Dazzar

Sony I think rightly, probably dont want rigor mortis setting in for their customers. This is being broadcast on their main consumer PlayStation channel. 9 minutes should be more than enough to cover off the main changes for the Pro, touching on some of the technical aspects, but not losing their audience. As much as many of us may have enjoyed longer.

kevboard

Again if the magic bullet is the pssr i am shure it can wing PT in alan wake 2 at a base 720 resolution. There is nothing going on in that game.

Point is they can only wim me over in 9 minutes if they show me somwthing of value.

As you said, otherwise it would be the smallest upgrade and not worth to jump on it for a while

look at pathtracing performance on PC. AMD raytracing is still trash. won't happen

lachesis

Gold Member
Maybe it's just a teaser? They may just do a in-depth tech introduction with Cerny like last time on later day.

In either case, all I want to know is what it looks like (well, we almost know), what kind of benefit it will bring (a lot of speculation, but I'd love to know from the horse's mouth), and pricing.

Whatever goes mumbo-jumbo beneath the hood isn't my concern, although I am very interested, but I'd take a in-depth tech introduction like Cerny did last time.

kevboard

Then the pssr has no real value . Then its just going after the gpus raw power.

it has, but AMD's shitty hardware can only be pushed so much.

I think to get to 60fps on PC you need to run at 1080p FSR Balanced mode, which is below 720p, and that is raytracing on high preset, not even pathtracing.

AMD's raytracing hardware is absolutely awful compared to Nvidia. These pathtracing modes are basically Nvidia exclusive at this point in time, unless you want to play at 10fps.

even my mid-range RTX3060ti can do pathtracing faster than any AMD card on the market.
let that sink in for a moment... my last gen mid range card beats AMD's current gen top tier card

Last edited:
Top Bottom