• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

Bojji

So that world premiere will be Bloodborne Remastered right? I've been feeling like doing a threaded cane run for a while but been holding off

Bloodborne remaster is already in the works by emulator community.

Is there any new rumor about BB? Sony clearly don't give a shit, they rather spend money on GaaS shit and lose hundreds of millions.

Mr.Phoenix

IDK RDNA5 and Zen 6 sounds way too soon, i dont expect PS6 to release till at least late 2027 early 2028 and by that time whatever comes after RDNA5 and Zen 6 will be on the table

Or are you all expecting PS6 late 2026 early 2027?
I wasn't even talking about RDNA or ZEN anything. I was talking more about the layout of the chip and its RAM

Do you really want someone like Firewalk making Bloodborne?
Firewalk making Bloodborne?
making Bloodborne?
Bloodborne?

Yes.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll see PS6 until 2027. It's possible it could slip to 2028, but 2027 feels like the right time frame.

That being said, I think the Pro will be a good look into a(relatively early) future. I think a lot of folks may not realize how *much* AI will factor into these consoles, both the Pro and the PS6.

Pretty sure that Microsoft's new "premium" Xbox and their handheld(if they still decide on those) will have a lot of AI integration also.

The scale at which it is advancing is pretty substantial(not surprisingly) and it'll be interesting to see how much it can take off of various things in system architecture to enable things on console(and probably PC) that weren't really feasible in years past.

The Fartist

Gold Member
It feels like the PS5 was just a PS4 Pro MAX, with all the remasters and cross-gen games, and the PS5 Pro is the real PS5 and the real start to next-gen (on console)

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
tbh anything less than a 2x jump in ram will be disappointing
Will probably DDR6 or at most 7 on the market when it’s out. No chance DDR8 will be available yet.

The console itself will probably be GDDR7.

Last edited:

SonGoku

Will probably DDR6 or at most 7 on the market when it’s out. No chance DDR8 will be available yet.

The console itself will probably be GDDR7.
gddr7 is fine, i just mean the amount anything less than a 2x jump would be disappointing for a new gen
4X RAM and same SSD. Cheapen in the later to pay for the half amount of RAM that this generation would have got if it were like any other generation.
If we get 2x I'll be happy anything more rather not get hopes up

shamoomoo

gddr7 is fine, i just mean the amount anything less than a 2x jump would be disappointing for a new gen

If we get 2x I'll be happy anything more rather not get hopes up
Going by what Mark Cerny said at the road to PS5,if the PS6 doesn't have 32GBs of RAM,we might get 24GBs of RAM.

Mr.Phoenix

Doesn't the PS5 use some of the 16GBs of RAM for those purposes?

If the PS6 gets additional RAM for non-gaming use,why bump total amount to 24GBs instead of 20GBs?
I reckon 20GB split between the CPU and GPU won't be enough when we are in a gen that is fully pushing things like RT for everything. And if going by what games like Star Wars are using in VRAM. Then again, going with 20GB of GDDR7 + 4-8GB of LPDDR4 also makes sense.

Having said that, I do believe it's too early for us to even be talking about the PS6.
What is the likelihood of the PS5 Pro's HDMI 2.1 bandwidth being increased from 32Gbps to 48Gbps?
Highly unlikely.

~PS5 vs ~PS5pro

Eh. Doesn't PS5 perform better than the 5700XT?

Also, I predict the Pro will likely outperform the 7700XT in most games.

Perhaps the "jump" in performance between the 5700XT and 7700XT will be similar between PS5 and PS5 Pro, though, so you might actually be onto something with this.

Last edited:

Audiophile

For PS6 I'm thinking 24GB over a 256-Bit Bus using 8x24Gb GDDR7 chips @ 896GB/s-1TB/s

High bandwidth paired with a focus on cache at one end and a ~12GB/s PCIe5 SSD (~2x PS5) feeding it on the other; probably no need to go beyond 24GB.

Dedicate it entirely to games then run a much slower 4, 6 or 8GB over a smaller separate bus for an advanced OS; and other functionality.

Likely not much reason to have more than 24GB if you can fill it up from the SSD in <2s while also drastically reducing hits from the CPU/GPU due to cache.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
RTX 4070 then.
I'm now on the fence with one, no CPU increase (why why why you do this??) and a mid card right out the gate, as soon as the RTX 5000s drop this will be a whole gen behind feeling again: my 4090 is nigh on a whole gen ahead of the Pro, and I got that 18 months ago lol.

GTA 6 is the ONLY game i may have to get it for, OG PS5 will struggle with that 100%.

Would be 6700 vs 7700 XT. Either way, no. The PS5 tends to be a bit slower than the 6700 XT and the Pro will be faster than the 7700 XT. 6700 vs 7800 XT is closer to PS5 vs PS5 Pro in my opinion.
Add PSSR vs. FSR2 difference, which should be substantial, and raster improvement alone will be worth it for many.

I'm now on the fence with one, no CPU increase (why why why you do this??) and a mid card right out the gate, as soon as the RTX 5000s drop this will be a whole gen behind feeling again: my 4090 is nigh on a whole gen ahead of the Pro, and I got that 18 months ago lol.

GTA 6 is the ONLY game i may have to get it for, OG PS5 will struggle with that 100%.

You are comparing a 200 W TDP with a $1800+ GPU that pulls like 500 W. 4090 is in a category that did not previously exist.

Last edited:

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Add PSSR vs. FSR2 difference, which should be substantial, and raster improvement alone will be worth it for many.

You are comparing a 200 W TDP with a $1800+ GPU that pulls like 500 W. 4090 is in a category that did not previously exist.
Experience wise though, it's still night and day - I'm not sure most people think in terms of wattage when comparing gaming choices though, or am I the outlier? As a reference: I've not always had the giga-chad cards, just been good biz lately so splashed out. Previous card was a 3080 and got that a year after it was new fangled tech too.

Radical_3d

Experience wise though, it's still night and day - I'm not sure most people think in terms of wattage when comparing gaming choices though, or am I the outlier? As a reference: I've not always had the giga-chad cards, just been good biz lately so splashed out. Previous card was a 3080 and got that a year after it was new fangled tech too.
+$1.500$ card performs night and day better than a whole system for $700…
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
OK then, when the 5 series drops - the 5060 entry card while shit all over the PS5 Pro - that a better comparison?

Either way, the PS4 to PS4 Pro jump felt a whole lot bigger than this tbh... if GTA 6 wasn't stubbornly sticking only with consoles for release, I reckon Pro would be DOA this gen. GTA thirst for scraps of FPS has the heft to carry it hard though.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
OK then, when the 5 series drops - the 5060 entry card while shit all over the PS5 Pro - that a better comparison?
Unlikely, it might be somewhat similar in raster tho, even if we assume ps5pr0 is ~rtx 4070 then its not certain that 5060 is even stronger than current 4070, might be similar to that with some things better, but some worse.
If we look at 3070 vs 4060 its actually terrible how weak 4060 is. Both cards got 8gigs of vram but 3070 is on avg 27% faster.
proof here

Ashamam

Either way, the PS4 to PS4 Pro jump felt a whole lot bigger than this tbh... if GTA 6 wasn't stubbornly sticking only with consoles for release, I reckon Pro would be DOA this gen. GTA thirst for scraps of FPS has the heft to carry it hard though.
Is this a troll post?

1. You don't compare GPU cards to consoles. You compare fully functional PC's to consoles. (assuming you are talking about value propositions)
2. The Pro hasn't released yet. You have seen absolutely nothing of what it can or can't do. Do you often find yourself arriving at conclusions without evidence?

Last edited:

Traxtech

CPU doesn't mean much if it's going to be all about the upscaling tech. Look at the difference with the ps4 and ps4 pro, that was an absolute dog shit CPU and yet it could enhanced games quite abit via 4k output and checkerboard rendering pipelines depending on the game. The PS5 pro is going to be stronger than you realise, but ultimately it's up to the devs in how they push it.

And you shouldn't get caught up with console to pc comparisons as pc will always be more powerful.

Mr.Phoenix

Ahhhh... another troll. They seem to be coming out of everywhere these days.

And trust me it's better you are a troll than the alternative.

FireFly

Based on the rumoured specs the 5060 will compete with the 4070 and may end up a little lower. So it doesn't seem like it will be anything amazing.

welshrat

Why do you care? Trying to work out which side you are batting for here? Are you just a PC fan in which case it really doesn't matter to you, are you an Xbox die hard who is unhappy with their trajectory or are you a PS5 fan who doesn't want a pro ? After four years of tech people like me want the shiny shiny and I like to spend money on tech. The mobile phone world says the same thing, people have a lot of disposable income for this market and want to spend it.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Guys, this is the week; official announcement is certain, but its also very possible we see some demonstration of PS5 Pro in action. I really don't want this speculation thread to end but it's been fun going back and forth with many of you.

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

Let's hear any final real world performance predictions in raster (are there many left going forward?) vs hybrid RT games, PSSR vs DLSS image quality, PS5 Pro vs RDNA 3 vs 40 series, etc.

Bitstream

Ahhhh... another troll. They seem to be coming out of everywhere these days.

And trust me it's better you are a troll than the alternative.
Whats funny about trolls is that they can't understand why sony would release an updated ps5, and then compare it to an nvidia graphics card as to why sony shouldn't release anything new. By that logic... should nvidia not release a new card either?

mansoor1980

Gold Member
man it would be really wild if ps5pro would allow PSSR toggle for every game at the system level , like boost mode for ps4pro

Audiophile

Ultimate flex for Spidey 2 would be rendering in ~1512p @ 60fps with significantly upgraded RT then using PSSR + Frame-Gen to get it to 4K/120.

Top Bottom