• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

Akuji

6001 is the one for the cool bois.

No 4 real. The amount of Pro threads make this very difficult to check in a few Times a day ... hopefully they Show it soon.

Sw0pDiller

Just one more night sleep… and Jesus’ second becoming of plastic and silicon will enlighten our path throughout the dark and grimm valley of sub HD images and choppy framerates. He will protect his flock, we are saved! I am ready to recieve his warm hot buzz on my face…

Cyborg

There is only one logical option here
- $ 599 for digital only and they will let you buy the disc drive (if you want it and need it). Anything above $599 is just hard to market and sell. Now they can claim the Pro is $599.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif

Mr.Phoenix

- $ 599 for digital only and they will let you buy the disc drive (if you want it and need it). Anything above $599 is just hard to market and sell. Now they can claim the Pro is $599.
Yup, I've been saying it for ages. PS5pro will cost between $499 and $599.... or more specifically, no more than $100 more than the most expensive PS5.

2tb ssd? Doesn't make sense business wise .
Agreed. Dont see them doing that. Maybe if they release a special Limited Edition 30th anniversary PS5pro sometime in December though. But I doubt even that. Likely it would be special limited edition 30th anniversary face plates.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

Yup, I've been saying it for ages. PS5pro will cost between $499 and $599.... or more specifically, no more than $100 more than the most expensive PS5.

Agreed. Dont see them doing that. Maybe if they release a special Limited Edition 30th anniversary PS5pro sometime in December though. But I doubt even that. Likely it would be special limited edition 30th anniversary face plates.

I simply don’t see them releasing a Pro model that has missing features compared to the $500 regular disc model. If there’s only one Pro SKU, I’m convinced it’ll ship with the disc drive. Wouldn’t sit well with people to pay for the premium console and not even get the option for physical games.

Mr.Phoenix

I simply don’t see them releasing a Pro model that has missing features compared to the $500 regular disc model. If there’s only one Pro SKU, I’m convinced it’ll ship with the disc drive. Wouldn’t sit well with people to pay for the premium console and not even get the option for physical games.
Well... technically. They do have the option. And technically, there isn't a $500 disc model. There is a $500 disc "bundle".

And I believe Sony will sue the PS5pro, to train in the practice of buying the disc drive separately if you want it because I expect them to do the same thing with the PS6. If there is too much of a backlash... they can always course correct sometime next year, after they have sold the PS5pro as it would ship to people that would buy it regardless.

But I obviously have no idea on if it ships with or without a disc drive, in my theorized BOM calculations, there is room enough for them to add it in and still retail for $600. My only dog in this race is it retailing for $599 and under.

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Bit skeptical it will be 2TB. They won't unnecessarily add cost imo. Ever since the PS4 Sony has seemed to emphasized the ability to add storage yourself anyway.

Radical_3d

Just back from my local game shop. Could talk with my usual clerk with whom I get along pretty well.

PS5 Pro just appeared in their database.
699 € with disc drive.
No entry for a discless version at the moment
No preorder opening schedule yet
68747470733a2f2f63646e2d696d616765732d312e6d656469756d2e636f6d2f6d61782f3630302f312a527063323839467067687548726e7a7956704f5569672e676966

Sharing pseudo leaker Tidux tweets because I’m desperate.

Is there any other open world this generation that is popular aside from Elden Ring?

Last edited:

Akuji

Spiderman 2 ?
The Recent one most likely is wukong.

That its listed in the database doesnt mean much. Could be right could, but they sometimes put in stuff so the Product is there and they can just put in the correct information. 699$ sounds like they are confident its 699$ at most.

Gaiff

Well... technically. They do have the option. And technically, there isn't a $500 disc model. There is a $500 disc "bundle".

And I believe Sony will sue the PS5pro, to train in the practice of buying the disc drive separately if you want it because I expect them to do the same thing with the PS6. If there is too much of a backlash... they can always course correct sometime next year, after they have sold the PS5pro as it would ship to people that would buy it regardless.

But I obviously have no idea on if it ships with or without a disc drive, in my theorized BOM calculations, there is room enough for them to add it in and still retail for $600. My only dog in this race is it retailing for $599 and under.
What do you mean bundle? Do you have to add the disc drive yourself? Aren’t the $400 DE and $500 model two different SKUs?

hinch7

Just back from my local game shop. Could talk with my usual clerk with whom I get along pretty well.

699 € with disc drive.
Going to be wild in the UK and seeing an over £600 console.

Granted its way better value than current PC hardware and GPU's, thats still some high pricing. I guess the recent price hikes were getting people ready for this release.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Going to be wild in the UK and seeing an over £600 console.

Granted its way better value than current PC hardware and GPU's, thats still some high pricing. I guess the recent price hikes were getting people ready for this release.
At todays exchange rate it comes to around £591. I'm still going with £580.

Zathalus

699 € with disc drive.
So £150 over the regular PS5, and £200 over the launch price of the PS5 if those numbers are true.

I can see why the yearly consoles sold metric from Sony was so low, at those prices they are not going to fly off the shelves in the EU.

hinch7

At todays exchange rate it comes to around £591. I'm still going with £580.
Hmm no way do they do 1:1 exchange. There's also VAT to consider, shipping and import fees that add to the cost.

Like we paid £449 iirc, US $499. At best I'd say £639 for the Pro, but more likely £649. Assuming that price is right and not a placeholder. Maybe knock off a hundred quid for the digital version.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Hmm no way do they do 1:1 exchange. There's also VAT to consider, shipping and import fees that add to the cost.

Like we paid £449 iirc, US $499. At best I'd say £639 for the Pro, but more likely £649. Assuming that price is right.
True. VAT did cross my mind when posting. But it also shouldn't only be a £50 drop either. Last time I looked we're at €549 to £479. Which puts us at around a 0.872 multiplier. Which when applied to €699 would bring us out at around £609. Which with a disc is fine for me. Lets wait and see.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
$600 for the 2TB model, sure. But why would they include a 2TB storage when most people either have one from the PS5 or can buy one dirty cheap nowadays?

Sony won't bother and they'll put 1TB in their Pro.
I'm just gonna go with Tom Henderson saying it will come with 1TB. He hasn't missed yet.

Seeing the mini debate about how much storage it will come with was entertaining tho, lol.

Gaiff

The "slim" went to basically one sku coming off the assembly line and you can add the detachable disc drive yourself

Its likely going to be the same method with the pro
Alright, I'm confused. Let me go back to the beginning to make sure I got this right.

Upon launch in November 2020, there were two models. The $400 DE and the $500 model. The $500 model had a disc drive with the console, right? Just like the PS4 before.

As we speak, has the slim PS5 replaced the original model? I look at my local Best Buy and they don't have new PS5s, only new PS5 Slim or PS5 Slim DE. The regular PS5 slim comes with a separate disc drive you can attach to the PS5. It doesn't come pre-attached, correct?

Alright, I'm confused. Let me go back to the beginning to make sure I got this right.

Upon launch in November 2020, there were two models. The $400 DE and the $500 model. The $500 model had a disc drive with the console, right? Just like the PS4 before.

As we speak, has the slim PS5 replaced the original model? I look at my local Best Buy and they don't have new PS5s, only new PS5 Slim or PS5 Slim DE. The regular PS5 slim comes with a separate disc drive you can attach to the PS5. It doesn't come pre-attached, correct?

Pre-attached or not it's still attached.

The OG PS5 had the drive built-in so it was actually a completely different SKU compared to the digital one...

That changed once PS5 Slim launched. It's one SKU with a removable add-on

No_Cartridge

Neo Member

Yes, the PS5 "Slim" is the only model sold and does not come with a disk drive, you can buy a "disk" bundle that has the drive included as an accessory.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

The new slim does come in 2 skus now that you can buy but you could buy the DE only and add the detachable drive or the other way around you can remove the drive from the other one if for whatever reason you wanted to

Essentially its one sku coming off the assembly line and Sony decided to attach the drive to some

Its likely this will be the same with the pro though it wouldn't shock me if they only have the digital edition and force people to add the drive if they want it as a way of keeping 4 different skus off shelf space in stores and that sticker shock of what one that comes with a drive might cost

Gaiff

Pre-attached or not it's still attached.

The OG PS5 had the drive built-in so it was actually a completely different SKU compared to the digital one...

That changed once PS5 Slim launched. It's one SKU with a removable add-on
Okay, so the $600 Slim's drive is detachable but comes attached to the console, correct? Whereas the older $600 non-slim was built-in and non-detachable?

Last edited:
Okay, so the $600 Slim's drive is detachable but comes attached to the console, correct? Whereas the older $600 non-slim was built-in and non-detachable?

Exactly, the launch price was $500 though, $400 for the digital version (very difficult to find)

Last edited:
Top Bottom