• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

King Dazzar

We had all this with the recent slim, right up until its official announcement. I remember two weeks before its announcement I was starting to think maybe it wasn't happening.

I'll only be concerned if it isn't announced by the end of September. The rest of it is just green team noise.

No, it was announced on September 7th.

It was revealed in September, but Andrew House did acknowledge the existence of a more powerful PS4 dubbed PS4 Neo before E3 in June that year

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
It was revealed in September, but Andrew House did acknowledge the existence of a more powerful PS4 dubbed PS4 Neo before E3 in June that year
He acknowledged it because MS was 18 months premature with theirs. You have to know back then there was a lot more skepticism for such a console even being well received by the market.
On the developer side reception was at best mixed and at worst outright negative, so they had a lot to prove. But MS panic announcing theirs early allowed Sony to speak with much less backlash concerns.

He acknowledged it because MS was 18 months premature with theirs. You have to know back then there was a lot more skepticism for such a console even being well received by the market.
On the developer side reception was at best mixed and at worst outright negative, so they had a lot to prove. But MS panic announcing theirs early allowed Sony to speak with much less backlash concerns.
But he did officially acknowledge its existence, meaning that we knew it was coming soon. There is no such acknowledgement for the PS5 Pro and it's already mid August.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Sony doesn't talk much these days, so the lack of acknowledgement way in advance doesn't mean anything.
Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

Wooxsvan

Shouldn't it have been released last year if it was following PS4 Pro?
yes but you have to look at everything in context. leaks of hardware, covid causing price issues and tech delays. so in a vacuum i suppose your right, but we live in the real world so have to look at all factors. announcement sept, release oct or nov is my guess based on all things.

Wait didn't MS announce their next console after they (and all of us) first heard about PS4 Pro? I never saw proof that MS would have done X1X if Sony didn't do Neo. For all we know, they quickly designed that console after the first leaks. 18 months could suffice for such a product, which was anyways a copy paste of PS4 architecture, just with more grunt.

Yeah but nobody has asked anyone from Sony about it as far as we know, that still wasn't an announcement though.

Wait didn't MS announce their next console after they (and all of us) first heard about PS4 Pro? I never saw proof that MS would have done X1X if Sony didn't do Neo. For all we know, they quickly designed that console after the first leaks. 18 months could suffice for such a product, which was anyways a copy paste of PS4 architecture, just with more grunt.
They announced project Scorpio in June of 2016 to try to undercut Sony officially announcing the PS4 Pro but they didn't actually release it until fall of 2017.

jm89

It's a different sony now. A sony who doesn't really talk that much until they need to.

I would love to have had any information at all, but current Sony is quiet. Sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worse.

That being said I'm very excited for it. I just hope it's not ugly as hell. I'm one of the seemingly few that prefer the slim design to the OG, and I didn't hate the PS4 slim like most people did while I though the Pro was stupid looking.

Imtjnotu

I would love to have had any information at all, but current Sony is quiet. Sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worse.

That being said I'm very excited for it. I just hope it's not ugly as hell. I'm one of the seemingly few that prefer the slim design to the OG, and I didn't hate the PS4 slim like most people did while I though the Pro was stupid looking.
Why even give a damn what it looks like.

Do you stare at your console or TV when playing games

welshrat

Honestly I wish it looked like a nice bit of hifi equipment. But hey I guess consoles aren't built for 47 year olds who want it to blend in with their living room kit

Mr.Phoenix

I prefer the slim to the OG too. Dont know how anyone wouldn't but atlas... preferences.

I however think the PS5 in general is ugly though, in the same vein I felt the PS3 was ugly. I have come to the realization that I prefer the angular PS consoles (the even-numbered ones) to the curved consoles (the odd-numbered ones).

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I prefer the slim to the OG too. Dont know how anyone wouldn't but atlas... preferences.

I however think the PS5 in general is ugly though, in the same vein I felt the PS3 was ugly. I have come to the realization that I prefer the angular PS consoles (the even-numbered ones) to the curved consoles (the odd-numbered ones).
They should fire whoever designed the body of the PS5. That thing is an utter abomination. I pray that the Pro will rectify this thing. Otherwise, I'll have to find a way to keep it hidden away. That thing is unsightly.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Nopes, its already weak now and it will be nasty feeling to have to survive with base ps5 till holidays 2028 so next gen/ps6.
U gonna pay 70$/€ for games may as well be best possible console version of games, not the peasant/base ps5 versions.

Staying on base ps5 would be a feeling series s owners got knowing full well same game runs/looks much better on series x, despite same cost.
this

Mr.Phoenix

They should fire whoever designed the body of the PS5. That thing is an utter abomination. I pray that the Pro will rectify this thing. Otherwise, I'll have to find a way to keep it hidden away. That thing is unsightly.
No such luck. Its the fruit from the poisoned tree thing... every PS5, must bear some semblance of the OG PS5. And since the OG PS5 is ugly, they all gonna be ugly. We have to wait for the PS6 for the next sexy-looking console. And it would be angular.

King Dazzar

I think the PS5 looks a lot better once its had the plates changed to black. When I look back at previous gaming boxes. They all look a bit shit, and need to be made as discrete as possible. The only difference is some came already with dark discrete colours.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Wait didn't MS announce their next console after they (and all of us) first heard about PS4 Pro?
Yea I could see how this narrative would come about - but no, not at all to my knowledge. MS was desperately chasing a rebranding with 1X, it had nothing to do with responding to Sony - and work towards that started well ahead of 2016.

But he did officially acknowledge its existence, meaning that we knew it was coming soon. There is no such acknowledgement for the PS5 Pro and it's already mid August.
Yes - but there's no reason to acknowledge it this time.
Sony never early-shared their console refreshes before - dating all the way to PS2 Slim and PSOne - it was announced very shortly before being sold. The only reason 'we'(consumers, not devs) ever know about their existence early is leakers - not official line.

Last edited:
I like the look of the PS5, the Series X, even the PS4 and PS4 Pro were just boring looking, infact I've got a router that looks like a small Series X, the PS5 looks futuristic, i think it's aged well.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
It'll probably get delayed to 2025.

I see no need for Sony to release a Pro model this year with the momentum of Astro Bot, Concord, and whatever Xbox ports that are coming.

My guess is that it will sneak into the market around GTA 6's release.

Last edited:

David B

An Idiot
The so called specs are highly rumored, nothing is confirmed yet by Sony of course. So it holds me back from buying a gaming PC right now. On Newegg and with brands that I trust, I can afford up to the Nvidia 4070. The 4070 has 29.15 teraflop performance. The PS5 Pro however has a rumored 33.5 teraflops performance, so it's like wow I could spend less and get more with the PS5 Pro! So that's what is holding me back from buying a gaming PC, the speculations of all the specs for the PS5 Pro. I would also suggest others to wait for the PS5 Pro reveal before making a decision of gaming PC or PS5 Pro. It sucks waiting, but I will wait. I don't want to buy a 4070 PC with it's 29.15 teraflops and than in September Tokyo even the PS5 Pro will have 33.5 teraflops graphics power, I would be like OMFG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because obviously that beats the 4070.

Tqaulity

The so called specs are highly rumored, nothing is confirmed yet by Sony of course. So it holds me back from buying a gaming PC right now. On Newegg and with brands that I trust, I can afford up to the Nvidia 4070. The 4070 has 29.15 teraflop performance. The PS5 Pro however has a rumored 33.5 teraflops performance, so it's like wow I could spend less and get more with the PS5 Pro! So that's what is holding me back from buying a gaming PC, the speculations of all the specs for the PS5 Pro. I would also suggest others to wait for the PS5 Pro reveal before making a decision of gaming PC or PS5 Pro. It sucks waiting, but I will wait. I don't want to buy a 4070 PC with it's 29.15 teraflops and than in September Tokyo even the PS5 Pro will have 33.5 teraflops graphics power, I would be like OMFG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because obviously that beats the 4070.
I get what you are trying to say but come on. In 2024 we're still doing this?! (sighs) You cannot and should not use TFLOPs ratings purely as a basis for performance comparisons...ESPECIALLY from different GPU manufacturers. AMD and NV TFLOPS are not the same and neither number is a good indicator of real world game performance. Case in point, the lowly 7700XT is 35TFLOPS on paper and yet the 29TFLOP 4070 is at least 10-20% faster than it in most games.

So yeah, whatever TFLOPS the PS5 Pro is doesn't mean that it will be faster or slower than a 4070. Honestly, this is getting a bit tired now guys ... :messenger_unamused:

MikeM

Gold Member
You can’t compare Nvidia vs AMD teraflops. Also, the PC GPU won’t be bandwidth nor cache limited like on console. Teraflops are a single metric of performance, but other parts of it are just as important and can bottleneck.

Loxus

I agree it's 2025 now. Still think it's a mistake.
After some thinking, I'm on the fence now.

One side sees no sign of a PS5 Pro being produced looking at AMD's gaming revenue decline.
0LzrfP3.jpeg

The other side believes in Tom Henderson PS5 Pro 2024 release report, since he hasn't been wrong on Sony Playstation hardware yet.

Top Bottom