• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I mean I'm sure this is probably real, but it's weird that it hasn't been announced yet. We are basically T-4 months and counting until Christmas.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not weird at all, this is fully expected
keikaku.jpg

nick776

Dream on if you think PS6 is only 1 to 2 years away. The PS5 released Nov 12 2020, which means today puts us at only 3 years 9 months into its life.
He is right, but from the perspective of 2025. He is saying once we hit 2025 we will THEN be 1-2 years away from PS6. His post was clear and unambiguous.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I don't get why you're so against PS6 releases in 2027. How much difference does it make compared to releasing in 2028?
Reasonable belief that it takes longer and longer to develop a sizeable HW performance and feature enhancements at a reasonable price point and a limited size power constrained box that has to stay on the market and relevant for a good while… as well as being a good jump in performance and features over PS5 Pro too.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Anyone thinking about steppin off the technological bukake party and staying with the OG ps5?
Nopes, its already weak now and it will be nasty feeling to have to survive with base ps5 till holidays 2028 so next gen/ps6.
U gonna pay 70$/€ for games may as well be best possible console version of games, not the peasant/base ps5 versions.

Staying on base ps5 would be a feeling series s owners got knowing full well same game runs/looks much better on series x, despite same cost.

shamoomoo

Reasonable belief that it takes longer and longer to develop a sizeable HW performance and feature enhancements at a reasonable price point and a limited size power constrained box that has to stay on the market and relevant for a good while… as well as being a good jump in performance and features over PS5 Pro too.
There's nothing stopping Sony from making the PS6 like the PS5 Pro but more enhanced.

Since node shrinks aren't as beneficial as they use to be,an expanding feature set could be key better everything.

Last edited:
I think I'm team 2025 for this now, I think with Nintendo delaying the Switch, no GTA6 for 2024, and no competition from Xbox, i don't see Sony thinking they have a need for PS5 Pro this year.

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
If it isn't announced by end of September it isn't coming this year, if it isn't coming this year it isn't coming at all imo. They'll just move on to PS6.

Last edited:

jm89

where-is-it-frantic.gif

No real leaks of advertising or being shipped to stores and its already half way through august. if we dont get an announcement soon its not happening this year.
🤷‍♂️
We still have september.

I'd think they will probably launch oct/nov. So an august reveal might be too early for them.

Last edited:

Perrott

No real leaks of advertising or being shipped to stores and its already half way through august. if we dont get an announcement soon its not happening this year.
🤷‍♂️
Advertising? Why would there be leaks of that more than three months ahead of launch and a whole month before the console is even announced? Same with shipments to stores, that's only gonna happen very close to launch.

Also, last holiday people also started to doubt that the PS5 Slim was even real as months passed without any official word on it... then come October and Sony announced it for a release in early November, when the PS5 Slim Modern Warfare III bundles started to ship across the US.

Same will happen this time until a PlayStation Showcase or whatever other thing unveiling the Pro takes place next month.

Last edited:
With how the PS5 is selling (not so well), they have no reason to announce anything earlier. they'll do it next month, just before the release of the thing.
What...? It's decreasing this year because we just came from the biggest selling year for Playstation consoles in history...and it's by far the biggest selling console out there so far in 2024 with 18M projected to be sold this year. Am i missing something?

Mr.Phoenix

Am I misremembering or do we not have way more information about PS5 Pro than we had for PS4 Pro at this point in time? And yet people are #concerned about it not being released this year, let alone not being real at all?

Question Mark What GIF by Alex Aiono
I think they aren't actually concerned.. they just want to be petulant and incite someone to leak something. Maybe also low-key attention-seeking.

Cause you are right, we know more about the PS5pro now than we did about the PS4pro by this time of its launch year. And if anyone is going to say it's not coming, they could at the very least, just wait till the end of September. Being that September was when the PS4pro was announced.

Imtjnotu

Am I misremembering or do we not have way more information about PS5 Pro than we had for PS4 Pro at this point in time? And yet people are #concerned about it not being released this year, let alone not being real at all?

Question Mark What GIF by Alex Aiono
Nobody comes here for common sense man.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Last gen, PS4 Pro was announced on September 7, 2016. So I'm thinking within a week or so of that date is likely.
Plus like someone else has said the PS4 Pro invites to the reveal went out on Aug 8th and journalists leaked those invites that day, its why I say they MAY reveal it differently this time.

Tokyo Game Show could be a good place then have a deep dive after

100% speculation on my part

Topher

Gold Member
Plus like someone else has said the PS4 Pro invites to the reveal went out on Aug 8th and journalists leaked those invites that day, its why I say they MAY reveal it differently this time.

Tokyo Game Show could be a good place then have a deep dive after

That would make sense as tons of journalists will be showing up at the event without needing a special invite. Could also be a direct showcase format much like when they revealed PS5.

100% speculation on my part

Coming Soon Wink Wink GIF by Age Of Empires Community

Top Bottom