• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

After some thinking, I'm on the fence now.

One side sees no sign of a PS5 Pro being produced looking at AMD's gaming revenue decline.
0LzrfP3.jpeg

The other side believes in Tom Henderson PS5 Pro 2024 release report, since he hasn't been wrong on Sony Playstation hardware yet.
Probably just a proof that Sony didn't order a lot of APUs for PS5 Pro. They are likely aiming to produce what they were selling with PS4 Pro, about 20% of PS5. Get ready to fight the scalpers guys!

Usually companies don't pay upfront as they make large orders.
There is usually a delay in when a company will have that money accounted for in their financials.

AMD most likely gets paid when the chips are delivered to Sony's plant. But at that point Sony has to assemble the PS5, ship it around the world, etc. If the Pro is coming out this year the first batch of chips would have to arrive this quarter.

Last edited:

Loxus

It's from here.

NikPH8b.jpeg

Edit:
Full translation from the original Chinese source.

IC design firm Wei Zhong Electric (2436) held a legal conference today (16), CEO Lin Chongyan for the first half of the operating performance to explain, thanks to the increase in Type-C penetration, the first half of the company's USB PD control chip revenue accounted for 26%, related revenue increased by 30% compared with the same period last year, in addition, due to the continued demand for AI servers, the first half of the server heat fan motor IC revenue ratio has reached 21%, related revenue increased 3 times, is expected to maintain growth in both second half of the year; overall, the second half of the year will have better than the first half of the performance.

Looking forward to the future, in the field of power management IC, Lin Chongyan said that the third quarter began to start the game console application orders rebound, including PS5, XBOX and SWITCH new models began to import and export, while personal computer applications showed moderate growth, and in the electronics industry peak season demand pushed up, sales increased.

In terms of fan motors, Lam believes that the second half of the year also has better performance than the first half of the year, of which the server sector entered the peak season in the fourth quarter, and is expected to further drive related revenue growth. Wei Ming Electric and its subsidiary Yida Technology (4945) currently has a market share of more than 20% in the traditional server fan motor, while the AI server has reached 30%, and the future market is expected to continue to master the relevant business opportunities.

In addition, the company is optimistic about the transfer of heat dissipation plan to liquid cooling heat dissipation trend, relative to the introduction of water pumps, leakage detection IC and water gate control IC new products, the first two have passed the verification, the second quarter began to small shipments, after the market with the mass production scale amplification, is expected to gradually increase the contribution.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

I guess it all revolves around "new models" and how that was meant to come across
Isn't it safe to say there would be "new models" of at least the Xbox and the PS5? There is to be a new diskless XSX. And the PS5pro. I doubt they would be calling just an increase in orders for existing consoles... "new models".

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Isn't it safe to say there would be "new models" of at least the Xbox and the PS5? There is to be a new diskless XSX. And the PS5pro. I doubt they would be calling just an increase in orders for existing consoles... "new models".
Yeah thats what I was getting at if they truly meant new models than, to me, a model is something we haven't seen yet which is on the table for all 3 (Sony, Nintendo and Xbox)

Loxus

Could just be for Switch if you read the original source and this company seems to only supply Nintendo with power delivery controllers.

"and SWITCH new models began to import and export"

None the less, starting manufacturing in the 4th quarter suggests a 2025 release.

ManaByte

It's from here.

NikPH8b.jpeg

Edit:
Full translation from the original Chinese source.

IC design firm Wei Zhong Electric (2436) held a legal conference today (16), CEO Lin Chongyan for the first half of the operating performance to explain, thanks to the increase in Type-C penetration, the first half of the company's USB PD control chip revenue accounted for 26%, related revenue increased by 30% compared with the same period last year, in addition, due to the continued demand for AI servers, the first half of the server heat fan motor IC revenue ratio has reached 21%, related revenue increased 3 times, is expected to maintain growth in both second half of the year; overall, the second half of the year will have better than the first half of the performance.

Looking forward to the future, in the field of power management IC, Lin Chongyan said that the third quarter began to start the game console application orders rebound, including PS5, XBOX and SWITCH new models began to import and export, while personal computer applications showed moderate growth, and in the electronics industry peak season demand pushed up, sales increased.

In terms of fan motors, Lam believes that the second half of the year also has better performance than the first half of the year, of which the server sector entered the peak season in the fourth quarter, and is expected to further drive related revenue growth. Wei Ming Electric and its subsidiary Yida Technology (4945) currently has a market share of more than 20% in the traditional server fan motor, while the AI server has reached 30%, and the future market is expected to continue to master the relevant business opportunities.

In addition, the company is optimistic about the transfer of heat dissipation plan to liquid cooling heat dissipation trend, relative to the introduction of water pumps, leakage detection IC and water gate control IC new products, the first two have passed the verification, the second quarter began to small shipments, after the market with the mass production scale amplification, is expected to gradually increase the contribution.

Don’t use Google translate. It’s trash.

WealthyTek (stock code: 2436) held a press conference today, where CEO Lin Chung-tao explained the company’s performance in the first half of the year. Benefiting from the increased adoption of Type-C technology, the company’s USB PD (Power Delivery) control chip revenue accounted for 26% of total revenue in the first half of the year, showing a 30% growth compared to the same period last year. Additionally, due to continued demand for AI servers, revenue from server cooling fan motor ICs reached 21% of total revenue, tripling year-on-year. Both segments are expected to maintain growth in the second half of the year, resulting in overall improved performance.

Looking ahead, Lin Chung-tao mentioned that game console orders are rebounding in the power management IC sector, including shipments for PS5, Xbox, and Switch. Personal computer applications are also experiencing moderate growth, driven by increased demand during the electronics industry’s peak season.

Regarding fan motor performance, Lin Chung-tao expects the second half of the year to outperform the first half. In the server domain, the fourth quarter is anticipated to be a peak season, further boosting related revenue. WealthyTek and its subsidiary, Shengda Technology (stock code: 4945), currently hold market shares of over 20% in traditional server fan motors and 30% in AI servers, positioning them well for future opportunities.

Additionally, the company is optimistic about the trend toward liquid cooling solutions. New products such as water pumps, leak detection ICs, and water gate control ICs have already undergone verification and will begin small-scale shipments in the second quarter, with potential for further contributions as production scales up

nial

????????????
A showcase in particular should be before SIEI reveals their lineup for Tokyo Game Show 2024 (September 26-29th), so it makes sense for it to be around a week after Astro Bot releases, and while you're at it, before the PC port of God of War Ragnarok releases.
So, it everything goes like this, I expect an announcement on the 5th, and the showcase on the 12th.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
A showcase in particular should be before SIEI reveals their lineup for Tokyo Game Show 2024 (September 26-29th), so it makes sense for it to be around a week after Astro Bot releases, and while you're at it, before the PC port of God of War Ragnarok releases.
So, it everything goes like this, I expect an announcement on the 5th, and the showcase on the 12th.

Sounds right on the money for all the reasons you listed.

Perrott

Reading this makes me wonder what are the chances that Astro Bot could be pre-loaded on the PS5 Pro?
Zero since there could be an overlap of PS enthusiasts paying $59.99 for Astro Bot on September 6th for their current PS5 who would also be getting a PS5 Pro the moment it comes out in November, meaning that they would feel like idiots for supporting and paying for the game two months earlier when they could've gotten it for free.

Pretty much the same reason why it would have been in bad taste to give God of War: Ragnarök away on PS Plus back in December of 2022, one month after it sold millions upon millions of full price copies in its first weeks.

David B

An Idiot
For me right now it's basically like PS5 Pro or not, I don't care. I tried to decide on if I really wanted a gaming PC for about 2 months. I was like well first #1. Gaming PC costs more #2. I really don't care about frame rates 30 FPS is fine and that's what consoles have now and 60 to 120 FPS. #3. PC games aren't guaranteed controller support like consoles. Consoles always 100% controller support. #4. I hate customizing the graphics to detail to frame rate to ray tracing to anti aliasing and tons of other low medium high settings and decisions on graphical details to controller support yes or no or partially. #5. I've seen comparison videos of current gen console games and PC graphics don't make the game look any better at all, so sticking with consoles is just way cheaper anyway. ((( I personally think the PS5 Pro will finally be revealed at the Tokyo event by Sony in September. It's like September 16th I think.

Radical_3d

For me right now it's basically like PS5 Pro or not, I don't care. I tried to decide on if I really wanted a gaming PC for about 2 months. I was like well first #1. Gaming PC costs more #2. I really don't care about frame rates 30 FPS is fine and that's what consoles have now and 60 to 120 FPS. #3. PC games aren't guaranteed controller support like consoles. Consoles always 100% controller support. #4. I hate customizing the graphics to detail to frame rate to ray tracing to anti aliasing and tons of other low medium high settings and decisions on graphical details to controller support yes or no or partially. #5. I've seen comparison videos of current gen console games and PC graphics don't make the game look any better at all, so sticking with consoles is just way cheaper anyway. ((( I personally think the PS5 Pro will finally be revealed at the Tokyo event by Sony in September. It's like September 16th I think.
PC gaming is glorious for 4X and the likes (I’m waiting for my gf to leave me to buy Mech Engineer). But Civ VII will run in an ancient XOne and only upgrading the GPU is a chore and is not worth for the prices the market is asking right now.

ManaByte

He doesn't know anything.

He basically takes educated guesses and avoids giving sources for certain news to make himself look like an insider.

He's basing everything on a wrong translation of the article from Taiwan.

The actual translation says "shipments for PS5, Xbox, and Switch", not "new models" like he thinks.

Top Bottom