• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro you buying?

are you still buying?

• Total voters

SpokkX

My current pc is already way faster than ps5 pro. Especially cpu.

Will rather upgrade that next year to a new with 5080 and next gen cpu

… unless the pro runs gta6 at 60, then i will reluctantly get it

Last edited:
My current pc is already way faster than ps5 pro. Especially cpu.

Meme Reaction GIF

MrSmooth

Neo Member
Was considering it after giving my PS5 to my daughter but now saving that 700 for a 50xx card now. It was a really poor presentation. RT on cars in GT and an OK upscaler? Very much sticking to PC. It just feels like Sony are testing their technology for PS6 and we have to pay for it handsomely...no disc drive either. An absolute travesty imo.

Last edited:
I've already started the move to PC, and my PS5 has just a few Sony exclusives, so I see absolutely no reason to update. $700 for slightly better graphics when I hardly turn the thing on (seriously Sony, where the fuck are your good exclusives this gen?) is definitely a no-go for me.

There was so much hype for the PS5 Pro (Just read the positive vibes in posts of NeoGAFers in this thread: Tune in tomorrow for a PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation hosted by Mark Cerny). I also had a simmer of hope for once about the console.

But Sony let everyone down with high price and lack of announcement of exclusives.

From comments on YouTube and Twitter to Reddit and this forum, almost everyone seems to be pissed at Sony. This I think is a fiasco similar to the one Sony made with PS3 announcing the console at a launch price of $600.

PS4 Pros was just $399 when launched in 2016. They doubled the price of a pro in just 7 years??? And just imagine the price of a PS6 - $999.

No, thank you!

Sony is a dying duck for me (Xbox is already dead). I will definitely transition to PC only gaming at the time PS6 launches instead of saving for this console that seems to lack a soul - exclsuive gems. The lack of exclusive announcement from Sony despite having dozens of stellar studios under its belt (what the heck are they all doing?) is the final nail in the coffin regarding console gaming for me.

PS. Just looked at the price of Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe Edition: $80 on PS Store; and.... $18 on PC at CDKeys!!! Plus the multiplayer is completely free!

Last edited:

Saberus

Yes buying, but I traded my PS5 already, so I'm committed no matter how I feel about everything that happened today. Hopefully in time when more media outlets get to preview stuff and talk about it, I'll feel better.. lol

baphomet

If I can find one for cheap and can get some cash from my PS4/Series X, then maybe.

Otherwise I'll just continue to play on my significantly more powerful PC like I have been.

I will definitely be buying one at launch.
I am also 57, and a divorced professional, who always seems to be working.
My two vices are gaming and travelling. I totally agree with your sentiment that you can't take it with you and believe that you should live life to it's fullest.
What are the chances that two people on this forum, commenting in the same thread, would both be 57? Man the odds have to be unreal. 😂

Who here is 37? 😂 Team 37 here, show me some love! 🙌

Last edited:

fersnake

it seems everyone is poor now on gaf. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

pretty sure the same ppl saying they're not gonna buy the pro they spend more money on car parts, guns or grills :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I hate it doesn't come with a disc drive, but it's only 100$ more than a 2TB Series X and it's being marketed as a 2TB, 4K, RT 60fps machine twice as powerful as a PS5.
I’m glad it doesn’t come with one, because it doesn’t give me having to make the choice of whether to buy my games physical or digital. It’s like being forced to wear uniforms in school, you never have to figure out what to wear the next day 😂.

I also think it’s priced where it is because there’s so disc drive. It’s entirely possible this thing is barely break even for them, even at $700.

Last edited:
Only time (GTA VI) will tell. If the performance is much, much better than base PS5, then I might get a Pro. But that means I won't be getting a Pro any time soon.

Sentenza

If it was 400 or 500 bucks like the PS5 at launch, I was going to consider getting one as media box/secondary gaming device.

For 799€, though?
As I read the price I wasn’t even mad. I just busted out laughing.

It’s still ugly as debt, too.

Last edited:
The problem being I have no idea what Sony is planning on releasing 6 months from now. What is getting me hyped on the possibility of playing it with all bells and whistles enabled?
Yeah this is my problem too. I'm excited by the idea of the Pro more than the Pro itself. I'm excited by what the Pro can do, especially for things like PSVR2. But there aren't any games out now, or coming out in the near future, that are driving me to buy the thing. By the time there are games I'd want to play on it, it'll probably start going on discount.

Radical_3d

it seems everyone is poor now on gaf. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

pretty sure the same ppl saying they're not gonna buy the pro they spend more money on car parts, guns or grills :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I think is not a matter of if we can rather than if we should. Should we encourage this outrageous product and price? Well, I can’t speak for Americans but in Europe the line must be drawn here. There was an old GAF gif that I can’t find about casuals, but since it’s lost in time this must suffice:
Thats It Star Trek GIF by Goldmaster

YukiOnna

Nope was never planning to support this but this adds up to almost, what, $1100CAD after everything for some enhancements? What are the peripherals then? Complete joke for even an enthusiast model, nor are there any games for me that I want exclusively and can just wait it out at this point. Better value elsewhere for that price.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I feel as though this is one of those moments where console gamers will decide their fate. Much like paying for online the door is open again.
If console players walk through that door and accept a $700 price point, it will become the new norm. You can expect PS6 to cost even more money. If players largely shut the door on that Pro price then I can see PS6 costing less.

Last edited:

Romulus

No, it's not exciting in any way. The only thing that would tempt me is exclusive psvr2 games that take advantage

ungalo

I'm not even mad at the price, i would not have bought it even if it was lower. If people want to buy something that's more or less useless (and expensive) it's their problem.

Frankly i think i even like the idea of the console being expensive for those who planned to buy the midgen after the absolutely terrible gen we've been having so far.

Ozriel

M$FT
I mean the poll might be right....

But Tom Warren, really???

The guy who told people Series S would compete with PS5??

Might as well post Jez Corden to get the opinion of another Xbot salty because his beloved brand is now irrelevant

Erm…it’s a Twitter poll.

Unless you’re arguing Tom Warren logged on to nearly 14,000 Twitter bot accounts to vote in this manner, this is a really illogical post from you.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I really have to think about it, so far they haven't convinced me and haven't delivered with the original PS5.
3rd Parties have, but Sony has not and now they want £700+99....... and for what?
Literally anything they do is not good enough for what they're selling because how little they did with the PS5.
I'm happy for people excited for this but it has to be the underwhelming product I've seen them put out.
It's like the PS3 but without the positives that made it at least exciting.

K' Dash

$700 + tax to playyyy…. ?

What did they show that warrant anyone dropping that amount of money day one?

The basic PS5 has barely any exclusive games.

At this point the smart thing to do is to buy a PS4 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom