• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro you buying?

are you still buying?

• Total voters

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
If I can still get $350 for my base ps5 from GameStop when the pro hits? Sure. Then it’s $350.

Otherwise. Nah. I’m good. I’ll wait for GTA6 bundles lol.

I just don’t see other than competitor marketing hype etc why 699 is seen as such a huge problem. The ps5 is still a 500 dollar console in 2024…. We had a console at 599 a full 18 years ago. I’m too lazy to check but if you adjust for inflation, I feel like it’s not even much above what 500 bucks was half a decade ago. People want game consoles to stay cheap - well Sony has a machine for you - it’s called the base ps5 it plays the same games. Totally get those who are not interested but just like a 200 dollar keyboard or 150+_ “specialty” controller or whatever - to me it just doesn’t really make a big difference to pay 499 or 699- when the accessories , games , display etc are all factored in you either have 3000 bucks worth of equipment and games or 3200 bucks worth of equipment and games. I can literally burn through 200 bucks after tip just going out with 3 friends for Chinese food and drinks. If you can’t afford that you probably can’t afford the ps5 pro and if you can it’s all good. Now go rip on Nvidia and Mercedes for making products that aren’t for everyone as well.

sn0man

Has anyone changed their mind after today's hands-on reports??😆
Without the disc drive I’m already out on principle. At the price point I’m out pragmatically as I know Nintendo is going to drop something with a bigger improvement from the Switch. (Not that that is hard.)

Give me a disc included sku at $100 less and I’m pretty interested.

Humdinger

I'm getting one. I have plenty of extra spending money, so the price isn't a big deal to me.

I like the visual upgrades, performance upgrades, upgraded ray tracing, and the PSSR stuff. To me, it's a significant and worthwhile upgrade. But I understand how others may feel differently.

A big NO. Sony can literally fuck themselves with their trans propaganda.

I thought the State of Play with the announcement of Ghost of Yotei was good. But it turned out the game is also infested with some type of trans woke bug.

All their recent first party games - Spiderman 2, Horizon, GOW - smell of trans woke propaganda.
Just like an ugly witch that gathers children to cook them, Sony seems to be gathering a bunch of ignorant gamers to cook their minds and convert them to their woke propaganda crap.

Unless Sony changes its stance and reverts to catering to majority gamers, I will not be supporting the company with my wallet. I could spend $1000+ on a console. But the Sony eco systems seems to be infected badly by this trans DEI virus with no cure in sight. I might as well spend double this amount and get a gaming PC where there is freedom to play as desired.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

I thought the State of Play with the announcement of Ghost of Yotei was good. But it turned out the game is also infested with some type of trans woke bug.

There is no indication that there is anything "woke" about GoY. Just some wild assumptions being thrown around because of who the actress is.

CSJ

No way, can't trade stuff where I live just no market for it so it's not worth it.
Also have a high end PC.

This tied with the non supported PSN countries... they're being really shitty to customers, so I'll do the same back.

//DEVIL//

Even after the new previous, my interest in this thing is almost zero.

Not because it's not a good hardware. I think it's fine. but being a PC owner with a 4090 card ( minimum, assuming I don't upgrade to 5090 which will most likely happen ), I see a very low incentive to upgrade.

The whole purpose of the PS5 for me was its exclusivity. Not the best way possible way to play these games. that is when they hit the PC for cheap. Like,, I didn't care about little blurry visuals of Final Fantasy 7 rebirth. but I still wanted to play the game.

the second reason is because of games library and mobility, I can play my games on the main PC, or Ally on the go. I have 1000 games plus over PC between Steam and Epic. I have like ... i think 4 games on PS5.

If I didn't have a PC, it's for me day one. There is nothing wrong with new hardware consoles. but at this point, I would rather save the money of the PS5 Pro for a console that I will benefit from. The Switch 2, since I won't be playing their games anywhere else.

Also, I am allergic to the stupid idea of pay-to-play online. what fucking scam is this? what year is this? neither MS nor Sony are going to get a cent from me for their online service. they can get fucked. online play should be free. everything else sure does a subscription service and if it's worth it, people will get in. but to charge me almost 100$ Canadian to play online per year? you and your mother can fuck off.

However ( and I know there is no chance for me to get one because Sony is stupid and decided Canada is not a country to release the PS5 Pro 30th anniversary ), I would love to own that close to MSRP if possible and not cost a kidney

Last edited:
I think the Pro Ann. edition is gonna be $999.
Way more, base PS5 Pro is $800. This comes with the portal and an edge controller, along with a bunch of accessories and with the custom Anniversary stuff.

$800 (PS5 Pro) + $200 (edge controller) +$200 (portal) + $100 (stand/charging station/disc drive cover) = $1,300 minimum.

There is no indication that there is anything "woke" about GoY. Just some wild assumptions being thrown around because of who the actress is.
Agreed up till this point. Let's see the review of the game when launched.

I don't have anything against trans people. Even in my company there are one or two trans individuals and I respect their choices and communicate in a respectful tone with them.

But marketing their lifestyle is a big no for me. I am certainly in no mood of experiencing another trans crap as was the case in recent Sony games like a trans male character who wants to impress his boyfriend (Spiderman 2), or watching two lesbians kiss each other as in TLOU2. Let them do it in private, or make a game that specifically targets them.

Let's see if how Sucker Punch writers handle the storyline. If it's clean, I might trade in my existing PS5 for a Pro. But if there is even an iota of forced trans marketing, I say Sony should just fuck itself with their crap.

Last edited:
Way more, base PS5 Pro is $800. This comes with the portal and an edge controller, along with a bunch of accessories and with the custom Anniversary stuff.

$800 (PS5 Pro) + $200 (edge controller) +$200 (portal) + $100 (stand/charging station/disc drive cover) = $1,300 minimum.
The portal is not included in the Anniversary Pro Bundle. I guess they were just showing it off in the image with the PS5 pro. But I could still see them charge $1299 just because they know they can. 🤷‍♂️
Though it seems you can only get the Anniversary Portal and Edge through Sony Direct (in countries that have that).

The portal is not included in the Anniversary Pro Bundle. I guess they were just showing it off in the image with the PS5 pro. But I could still see them charge $1299 just because they know they can. 🤷‍♂️
Though it seems you can only get the Anniversary Portal and Edge through Sony Direct (in countries that have that).
Oh whoops my bad, you're right. I could definitely see them still doing $1,300 too lol

All their recent first party games - Spiderman 2, Horizon, GOW - smell of trans woke propaganda.
Just like an ugly witch that gathers children to cook them, Sony seems to be gathering a bunch of ignorant gamers to cook their minds and convert them to their woke propaganda crap.

Unless Sony changes its stance and reverts to catering to majority gamers, I will not be supporting the company with my wallet. I could spend $1000+ on a console. But the Sony eco systems seems to be infected badly by this trans DEI virus with no cure in sight. I might as well spend double this amount and get a gaming PC where there is freedom to play as desired.

They already have my friend. It's called Concord.

ap_puff

I wish they would put the preorder page up on direct already. Ive got my alarms set but I wish I could have the page bookmarked and ready to go, the bots aren't gonna out speed me this time I swear

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Putonahappyface

Gold Member

The Last of Us Part 2 I reckon would be right up your alley. 🧨

i2Q8lcE.jpeg

XXL

sherlock-watson.gif

FunkMiller

I would have had a pop at the anniversary one, but zero chance getting a pre-order for that fucker.

I may pick up a second hand pro next year for stuff like Astrobot and GoY, but in absolutely no rush. My PC and Quest backlog is already mountainous.

Hoddi

Probably not but maybe if I upgrade my TV finally. I'm still using a 2010 plasma and it's honestly just the lack of VRR that is pushing me towards upgrading that. Too many games have shitty performance nowadays which shouldn't be happening in the console space.

The whole reason I've stuck with this TV is because these consoles were never gonna run at 4k throughout the generation. I figured that staying at 1080p would solve that and I never thought they'd throw console optimizations out the window the way they did.

I also didn't mind buying the PS4 Pro at $400 knowing it had a 4 year lifespan left in it. But $700 for a console with its replacement possibly coming in 3 years is a somewhat different proposition. I think Sony could be a bit more transparent about their plans since it's so late in the generation. It's not a huge amount of money for a 3 year product but it's a harder sell in this context.

Last edited:

Ashamam

Any issues? Website freezes?
Ebgames was a shit show. Having said that after the rush died off and people starting having orders actually process a half hour later it wasnt an issue. They have an excellent trade deal here as well that basically gets you up to 50% off the purchase with the OG disk provided you have reached a high enough loyalty level on your EB account. Pro still in stock 4 hours later, so that may or may not mean anything about demand.

dcx4610

It's weird. I didn't even touch my PS5 other than Miles (I'm mostly a PC gamer) but I'm somehow a little excited for the PS5 Pro. I like that you don't have to pick Performance vs. Fidelity anymore. If I'm going to play on console, I want it to feel like a console. Not a PC.

I've been holding off on upgrading my PC GPU so I think a Pro will hold me over until the RTX 5090 comes out and enough time passes where I'm confident it's not during down people's homes. I've been putting off playing certain games for a long time now and I think I'll just play them on the PS5 Pro and then replay the good ones again on PC with max settings eventually.

I've already traded my PS5 Pro in and got $410 so $350'ish upgrade isn't a huge hit. I do think the value proposition is low but I still get excited about new consoles regardless.

Top Bottom