• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro you buying?

are you still buying?

• Total voters
That price, no disc drive, vertical stand sold separately 🤣 fuck no I won’t buy, in fact I hope it sells poorly, Sony trying to be Apple with their pricing.

PS6 to be sold without a disc drive, stand, power and charging cables for $899 at this rate.

Corian33

No, because I feel like I’ve still only seen a handful of games even use the potential of the PS5. What’s the point when developers are still mostly making games that cross over from PS4/XBOX Series S to the newer consoles?

GymWolf

Gold Member
I had to work during the presentation, can someone give me a recap?

I'm reading 700 euros for a shit ass upgrade and not even the disc driver included? Is it true?

Last edited:

Kupfer

800€ + 100€ to play games made for last gen in a slightly better looking way ?

A0QF7AN.jpeg

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

It's funny how all those gamepass and steam supporters which have no physical games on their console PC, are complaining about the PRO is all Digital and a reason not to buy the console when from the get go they weren't planning to.
You can't make this shit up.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yeah, this price gives me significant pause. What I can see maybe happening is that Sony is trying to sell as many as possible at $700, then when GTAVI comes out I can see them dropping the price to $600 (maybe even $500) and heavily promoting it as the best console to play GTAVI.

LukeAJN

If it came with a stand and disk drive I would have got it, as it is I’ll just put this money towards my 5090 fund, which is a far better investment

GymWolf

Gold Member
It's funny how all those gamepass and steam supporters which have no physical games on their console PC, are complaining about the PRO is all Digital and a reason not to buy the console when from the get go they weren't planning to.
You can't make this shit up.
It's funny how you don't understand that on pc you can buy legal keys with 20 to 40 euros discounts on games while on console you have to pay full price so it's not even remotely the same thing...

Yeah you really can't make this shit up :lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

It's funny how you don't understand that on pc you can buy legal keys with 20 to 40 euros discounts on games while on console you have to pay full price so it's not even remotely the same thing...

You think that all the people on pc buy games at full price in digital? Think again.
I can understand that, I know they can, so that is why specifically mentioned steam supporters, I didn't not generalize or said PC gamers.
Looking at the poll results there are a ton of Xbox gamepass supporters thar are ok with gamepass and Series S being all digital and at that series S being the best selling console of the series family.
People can or can't buy the pro for whatever reason. I will buy it. I still think it's funny some people are dismissing it because it's all digital.

NeonDelta

I can afford it and have the money but not sure i can justify it. Maybe that will change when DS2 and GTA 6 come out but I think I will pass for now

RAL1992

The Last of Us ultra remaster for launch 🤣 joke of a price point for a minimal upgrade, hopefully it falls flat on its arse and Sony realise it's not acceptable.

Started with the pricing of the new buds and headset.

Last edited:

Leviathicus

ill play it on ps5 slim then instead of wasting money on a PS5 Pro ill just buy the game again on PC and get even better graphics and performance.

That's fair. If I can avoid playing something on PC I do it, so eventually I'm going to upgrade to a pro model to get better performance. But not on day one.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Yup…will replace my ps5’s.

Spoiler alert…some cheap ps5’s will be hitting the Neogaf marketplace this weekend.

“Alms for the Xbox players”

Nankatsu

Gold Member

Yeah you really can't make this shit up :lollipop_squinting:

100% this. For example where I'm from I can grab 3 physical games at launch for the price of two. Plus the two priced games also have 15% discount on their price if it's a pre-order.

Where in the hell can I get a similar deal on PS5 Pro if I don't buy the disk tray?

It's a really bad decision and price imo.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I can understand that, I know they can, so that is why specifically mentioned steam supporters, I didn't not generalize or said PC gamers.
Looking at the poll results there are a ton of Xbox gamepass supporters thar are ok with gamepass and Series S being all digital and at that series S being the best selling console of the series family.
People can or can't buy the pro for whatever reason. I will buy it. I still think it's funny some people are dismissing it because it's all digital.
Sure, but I think that the majority of steam users buy external keys and only buy from steam when they are unsure about the game and they can use the 2 hours refund policy, it's a more common thing than you think.

Fess

Only if future games start looking like crap on PS5 or run at 30fps and PC versions gets longer delays. Don’t really know what game I would need a Pro for right now. I’m playing Astro Bot at the moment and it runs flawlessly and looks fantastic on launch PS5.

Matsuchezz

Sure, but I think that the majority of steam users buy external keys and only buy from steam when they are unsure about the game and they can use the 2 hours refund policy, it's a more common thing than you think.
Well that is another subject. I just looked at the poll results and I see users there that a lot of gaffers know what their preferences are and the results make sense, then again it's just a poll here at gaff which means nothing in the real world.

Last edited:
Top Bottom