• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Japanese price and new PS2 model announcements looming

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wario64 said:
so does it have 4-8 controller ports?!

The new model is ment to be more cheap than the former. Not that it will have 1 controller port of course :)

jiggle

TTP said:
Nope. They are there and they are the same. Actual Multitap wont work tho. You will soon discover why ;)

The new model is ment to be more cheap than the former. Not that it will have 1 controller port of course :)

Um...wireless?!

Would that be cheaper(for Sony)?

hirokazu

TTP said:

dammit, just spill the beans already, you! we promise we won't tell anyone :D

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
So, 4 controller ports, or the regular two with wireless support for more built in? Wireless Dual Shock Two!?

Can I ask, TTP... Who Are You™?

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
olimario said:
I don't know you, riot.
Why should I trust what you have to say?

You may not know him, but I do. He worked for GameFan as our European correspondent for a while. I believe he has his own video game TV show in Europe somewhere (sorry, Thomas, don't keep up on Euro news as much). Just pointing out that Thomas has been around for years and has contacts. He's not some shmoe who heard something from a Sony rep at EB. :)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Nope. They are there and they are the same. Actual Multitap wont work tho. You will soon discover why ;)"

ha - so the mem cards slot are either moved or, as i suspect, not there at all.
I'd imagine we'll see a move to mem cards and some software provided for dumping memcard data onto a mem card for existing PS2 owners.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This is getting exciting! nothin i love more than system announcements and forum chaos!

hirokazu

DCharlie said:
ha - so the mem cards slot are either moved or, as i suspect, not there at all.
I'd imagine we'll see a move to mem cards and some software provided for dumping memcard data onto a mem card for existing PS2 owners.

i think he meant both the controller ports and and memory card slots are still there, seeing he replied to your previous post.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
so this is for real, huh? i should go ahead and trade in my recently repaired ps2 while i can still get $100 credit for it. i suppose i can live with just the japanese ps2 for a month. :/

Phoenix

Okay I'll put my bid in at $299 Japan $249 US and if the DS starts selling well (which I don't expect) - selling at $229.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
or...

PsTwo - to keep the height down to a bare minimun, the controller ports and mem card slots are on oppostie sides of the PSTwo (e.g. controllers route out of the back a la PSX, and the mem cards come out the front.. um... a la PSX) - hence not usable.

Zeenbor

Does anyone know when this supposed announcement will happen? Hopefully within a few hours? I would like to try to get to sleep at a decent hour tonight. :)

Miburou

Zeenbor said:
Does anyone know when this supposed announcement will happen? Hopefully within a few hours? I would like to try to get to sleep at a decent hour tonight. :)

It's 13:45 right now in Japan.

Pachinko

I'd like to add to this thread that I took a dump at some point in the last 24 hours, there was no fan in the washroom so I felt really bad.

In other news, tommorow will bring great things.

Top Bottom