• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puck You, I'm Doing Me: An EASHL Saga: From Foes to Bros

BigAT

I just sent a join request for the club.

Does anyone know if the Bauer pack thing from Amazon gives any attribute bonuses?

Nightz

This is what Goldberg must have felt like at the beginning of Mighty Ducks.

I think everyone needs to take a turn at goalie to experience this lol.

Nightz

Only 8 goals allowed.

success-baby.jpg

Revenant

Congratulations, looks like you guys made it to launch day without disbanding.

round of applause for you fine gentlemen!

Will the practice mode allow us to do intra-squad scrims? I think it had slots for up to 12 players.

i dont think practice even works, but i am pretty sure we can have our own private ranked game. i think....someone would have to set it up and send invites out

i actually think that would be a good idea, since we will probably have 7-8 available and this will let people play their positions more comfortably

also we were just bad last night lol, but I thought we got better as the games went on and we spaced the ice better

LiveWire

How does it work when you have fewer than 5 players?

You choose what you want to play regardless of how many players you have. If you want to play two Dmen and a Goalie with 3 guys you can, or (more likely) you will play C/LW/RW.

I will try to get my copy this week but it may be until Monday.

eznark

Banned
You choose what you want to play regardless of how many players you have. If you want to play two Dmen and a Goalie with 3 guys you can, or (more likely) you will play C/LW/RW.

I will try to get my copy this week but it may be until Monday.

Then the CPU just controlls the other guys or the human players can cycle through them?

Well I won't be able to hop in till later tonight, like maybe 10 CT or so. We certainly won't have problems filling spots though...I'm thinking if we have 6-8 people available tonight we should try some intrasquad games. I think we can make them ranked too, so they count. But not sure

BigAT

So was I reading things incorrectly or was I actually losing experience points with each game last night? It seemed like the loss penalty wiped out any potential points I would have earned, making progression extremely difficult.

LiveWire

So was I reading things incorrectly or was I actually losing experience points with each game last night? It seemed like the loss penalty wiped out any potential points I would have earned, making progression extremely difficult.

You can't lose points IIRC but you can definitely earn very little (none?) if you perform poorly. While winning guarantees you some points, winning while playing your position properly...

• being in the right spots on ice
  • not turning over the puck
  • getting takeaways
  • completing passes

...earns the most points.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mcneily you dont get to play with us until you provide proof of a valid internet connection.

eznark

Banned
I lost points for that bullshit fuckin penalty that twat zebra called on me.

I can forsee co-op hockey being the most enjoyably frustrating gaming experience ever. After playing just that one game last night I am super pumped.

One of the things we definitely need to do is establish some communication, especially among defensemen. Too many time we'd either both pinch the zone or both play puck in chase leaving guys wide open down the middle of the ice.

McNei1y

You do get graded on this, but getting big hits is a lot harder than it used to be. I am a Pro level Defender and I am just now starting to get some results in that area.

Yea I've noticed in the demo. I need some serious work before I play.

Mcneily you dont get to play with us until you provide proof of a valid internet connection.

Psh, Madden is the only thing giving me trouble right now. It's confusing.

Marvie_3

Banned
You can't lose points IIRC but you can definitely earn very little (none?) if you perform poorly. While winning guarantees you some points, winning while playing your position properly...

• being in the right spots on ice
  • not turning over the puck
  • getting takeaways
  • completing passes

...earns the most points.
Going offside and turnovers are the two things that will kill your team play grade the most.

Top Bottom