• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puck You, I'm Doing Me: An EASHL Saga: From Foes to Bros

So was I reading things incorrectly or was I actually losing experience points with each game last night? It seemed like the loss penalty wiped out any potential points I would have earned, making progression extremely difficult.

You don't lose points. You get an average grade on each game you play based on the stuff Livewire already posted, and you get an upgrade in cards when you play a certain number of games, win a certain number of games, and have a overall average of C+, B-, B, B+, etc

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The failure will be funny.

Until a few of us adapt while a few stay bottom feeders.

Then it wont be as funny

TheCrow

You don't lose points. You get an average grade on each game you play based on the stuff Livewire already posted, and you get an upgrade in cards when you play a certain number of games, win a certain number of games, and have a overall average of C+, B-, B, B+, etc
Fuck...

Smokey

Wasn't on last night as I was giving BF3 Armored Kill it's time to shine, but I'll probably make it tonight. We should probably use mics. Up to this point pheeniks has been explaining the rules/strategy of the game to me on AIM, but now that the rest of the squad is here that's not practical. I can see that intra-squad mode being very helpful too..need to see if it will allow full practices. Offsides was the biggest pain that took the longest to adjust.

Game is annoying at first but gets pretty fun. I suck right now but I can definitely see the potential. Also sounds like we need a goalie. I nominate CB!

BigAT

Game is annoying at first but gets pretty fun. I suck right now but I can definitely see the potential. Also sounds like we need a goalie. I nominate CB!

After last night, using a user goalie seems like an awful idea. I haven't tried it out, but given how comically everyone else failed at it, I'm not sure that anyone could get good enough at it that we would be better off than using a CPU goalie.

Smokey

After last night, using a user goalie seems like an awful idea. I haven't tried it out, but given how comically everyone else failed at it, I'm not sure that anyone could get good enough at it that we would be better off than using a CPU goalie.

Awful enough to play with 5 players over 6? I haven't tried it yet so I don't know.

Nightz

You can always do drop-in games with randoms. That's where I've gotten my wins lol.

And yes, goalie is horrible. Like I suggested yesterday, I think everyone should do it at least once to experience the horror and shame.

Awful enough to play with 5 players over 6? I haven't tried it yet so I don't know.
I gave up 8 goals. Crow gave up 10. So yes lol.

LiveWire

User goalies are tough. On the other hand, I believe it gets you a lot more points for everyone involved? And you can (ideally) put a stop to cheesers who will undoubtedly try to take advantage of glitches in CPU goalie AI to score goals.

And yes, people should definitely speak up on the mics. You don't even have to talk a lot if you don't want, it's just helpful to call out things to help others' gameplay. For example, once everyone gets in the offensive zone, if someone is carrying the puck by themselves and trying to do too much, say "Cycle" and remind them to pass the puck out to the next open player near the boards or the blue line, to tire out their defense and give our D-men chances at slapshots and our forwards in the slot time to get positioned for rebounds.

Sanjuro

I'll be back on later.

Some notes though.

- You guys need to be a bit more moderate on calling for passes. There are too many turnovers. In the case of having CPU players, even try passing it CPU to CPU in some cases. The opponents are going to be paying less attention in some cases and the CPU can be just as efficient, if not more in some cases.

- Same goes with the goaltender and the puck. Just don't do it :jnc

- We rush shots a bit too much. There are plenty of chances to move the puck in the zone between skaters. If we aren't getting any shots off for a majority of the game, try dumping it. Increases variables.

- I think we've been pretty good about penalties in the few games I've played. Just be very careful using the "A" button to lift the stick. It can be your best tool and your worst.

Mrbob

After playing yesterday I think I want to switch from RW to LW as my main position. I seem to play better at LW. I'll be on again later tonight too to play some more games.

BigAT

- I think we've been pretty good about penalties in the few games I've played. Just be very careful using the "A" button to lift the stick. It can be your best tool and your worst.

What's the exact functionality of A? The few times I used it in the demo, it seemed like pretty much an automatic penalty, so I never really touched it yesterday. All the penalties on me came from using RB, which seemed surprising.

Marvie_3

Banned
What's the exact functionality of A? The few times I used it in the demo, it seemed like pretty much an automatic penalty, so I never really touched it yesterday. All the penalties on me came from using RB, which seemed surprising.

Stick lift AKA automatic penalty button

I'll be back on later.

Some notes though.

- You guys need to be a bit more moderate on calling for passes. There are too many turnovers. In the case of having CPU players, even try passing it CPU to CPU in some cases. The opponents are going to be paying less attention in some cases and the CPU can be just as efficient, if not more in some cases.

- Same goes with the goaltender and the puck. Just don't do it :jnc

- We rush shots a bit too much. There are plenty of chances to move the puck in the zone between skaters. If we aren't getting any shots off for a majority of the game, try dumping it. Increases variables.

Also I mentioned this last night but we also (I am guilty of this sometimes) of skating into a crowd and then turning it over. Space the ice and get it to open guy

with that said I think our passing was good, but try to not force things. but sometimes what seems obvious might get picked off or tapped away...so I'm not sure what to do about that besides we'll learn what we can do and how fast we have to get rid of the puck/shoot

I want to play right now, but I have a lot of stuff to do that I've neglected..thanks to this game. I will be on much later.

Top Bottom