• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puck You, I'm Doing Me: An EASHL Saga: From Foes to Bros

RMiller-choke.jpg

but GGs, lol

RB+Rstick up is dump

just saying

I seriously had a hard time during stretches of several games. I was laughing too hard and my hands were weak

Mrbob

My Hat Trick wasted. :(

All we needed was a clear out by the LD and the game is over. Passes right to one of the other players and they score with 1.5 to send it to OT and we lose lol.

We got pretty damn good at the end though, finally got some good shots. Maybe I'm better at RW and Bob is better at LW

McNei1y

Can I land a hit? :(

That seems to be the only thing I got going for me. I got MUCH better with stick checking/poking as the night went on so that's another move in my arsenal. Now I just have to work on not fucking up and maybe stop acting like an dumbass.

I can't wait till I get some points to make my guy move quicker.

eznark

Banned
I won the fight and we immediately got scored on :(

That overtime game we played was awesome. I definitely prefer playing defense. Sounds like you guys have more luck later on as well. Did we win any more?

i just need to win games before i get rated higher lol

i thought our last game was a lot better. we got a lot more shots....I would say the two things is for us to stay disciplined and not go chasing, trust your teammate to do their job and if not try to play good off ball D....puck chasing onlymleads to bad things

and we got better about the offsides but this can be helped by all. if you are a forward its ok to expect a pass from down low and we should, but dont assume anything and cross. if you havent received a pass by probably mid ice as you are only the run you arent getting it....and if you are on D its ok to be patient with it, but just get rid of the thing and to the open guy

and passing is touch sensitive and based on how your guy is squared up

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
As for D passing up, if the D is getting blitzed off a face off, come down to help some. I have seen more breakaways given off by the D getting steamrolled off of faceoffs than anything else.

eznark

Banned
i just need to win games before i get rated higher lol

i thought our last game was a lot better. we got a lot more shots....I would say the two things is for us to stay disciplined and not go chasing, trust your teammate to do their job and if not try to play good off ball D....puck chasing onlymleads to bad things

and we got better about the offsides but this can be helped by all. if you are a forward its ok to expect a pass from down low and we should, but dont assume anything and cross. if you havent received a pass by probably mid ice as you are only the run you arent getting it....and if you are on D its ok to be patient with it, but just get rid of the thing and to the open guy

and passing is touch sensitive and based on how your guy is squared up

One thing we need to do, especially for defensemen is to bail out if in doubt. It's what I tell the little kids I coach, and it sticks! Let's face it, most teams we play at least right now are going to be better than us so we need to not get caught in too many odd man rushes. So, if you're on the point and think we might be close to losing puck control start backing out of the zone.

Smokey

We need to work on spacing too but that will probably get better with time. Everybody we've played has been on point with their passes, screening the goalie etc.

I've gotten a lot better at faceoffs and were winning the majority last night. What type of players do you guys have? I know I liked dishing to Mcnulty on the faceoffs since he's guy has a beast of a slapshot. It would help if people listed their play styles and we could probably work around that.

eznark

Banned
My preferred and highest rated player right now is a defensive defensemen, kind of garbage in the offensive zone but with high passer ratings. I'm dumping points into passing and poke checking when I can.

Smokey

My highest guy is GOALIE at 72 lol. My prefered player is my Center with a playmaker playstyle. I think he's a 69.

Nightz

I have a sniper for both LW/RW.

Also, if no one else is around, just play drop-in games. The wins there count towards your pro's progress.

TheCrow

Got my guy up to around 60 through drop in games. Scored my first goal as center as well, it was a solid slapshot. No bob to get credit through "deflection".

Top Bottom