• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer |OT| $40, No Strings Attached

Mik_Pad

Banned
It doesn't say that on the store page nor the blog posts I've read. I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't found it saying anything like that.

So I was looking in the PS Blog for an answer and in the comment sections in the article where they announced the pre order bonuses someone confirmed that they will apply to digital pre orders too.

Source

To my knowledge, if you preorder anything on EU PSN it will preload :) Usually the game downloads itself a week or so before release. Money is removed from your account (or charged to your credit card) a couple of days before release. The game becomes playable at 1am on release day.

I really need to start paying more attention, I thought it was only for select titles.

Anyway, I nearly pulled the trigger and bought it from the webstore last night. Luckily my phone rang and distracted me long enough to forget about it, but here I am again...finger hovering over pre-order button...

I really need to start paying more attention, I thought it was only for select titles.

Anyway, I nearly pulled the trigger and bought it from the webstore last night. Luckily my phone rang and distracted me long enough to forget about it, but here I am again...finger hovering over pre-order button...

Do it!

Does tax not count as a string :p

Really looking forward to this though, would have easily paid $60 given the obvious quality so I feel quite obligated to buy it now. Hope it turns out as well as it looks and as the impressions and previews make it out to be.

They're really quite responsive, I'm getting precision on jumps like I'd expect from a Nintendo platformer. Most recent point of reference I can think of is dk country returns on 3ds. There's a good feel to the jumps, but any misjudgements are the player's fault, not the controls.

Also they're not floaty.

Day one, if it shares even the smallest of similarities with dk country returns then it's going to be amazing.
It already looks stunning, so to hear it controls like a nintendo platformer is just music to my ears.
Now all we need is nintendo themselves to start getting creative again with mario.

Withnail

I know reviewers are under embargo but is it possible to comment on whether the game has a lot of replay value? Is there a reason to replay stages, e.g. for secrets, collectables, leaderboards, etc?

V_Ben

Banned
I know reviewers are under embargo but is it possible to comment on whether the game has a lot of replay value? Is there a reason to replay stages, e.g. for secrets, collectables, leaderboards, etc?

There are secret bonus levels, secret heads, and collectibles for each level.

They're in the demo, so I'm comfortable talking about that.

Withnail

There are secret bonus levels, secret heads, and collectibles for each level.

They're in the demo, so I'm comfortable talking about that.

Great thanks. I haven't played the demo, didn't seem worth downloading 6GB for a game I'm buying anyway.

Now just debating whether to keep my £22.50 Amazon pre-order or cancel it to get the PSN version instead. I like the sound of having it on the HDD.

Just over 20.

DUce5sh.gif

StaSeb

There are 100 different heads in the game. Each and every one has a special use at some point in the game. A projected image of that head appears on stage - when you spot it, switch to that head and press a button to reveal something. It can just be some crystals, some bonus-items, a secret room or a full blown bonus-stage.

idk if there is more replay-value fhough...

Great thanks. I haven't played the demo, didn't seem worth downloading 6GB for a game I'm buying anyway.

Now just debating whether to keep my £22.50 Amazon pre-order or cancel it to get the PSN version instead. I like the sound of having it on the HDD.

I'm in the same position, I keep finding myself heading over to the webstore, loading up the page and hovering over the pre-order button.

It's too damn tempting....

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Finished the game last night. Can't really say much quite yet (embargo), but it's a special experience indeed.

Finished the game last night. Can't really say much quite yet (embargo), but it's a special experience indeed.

I gotta say, a few weeks ago - as good as this looked, I wasn't sure if it was going to live up to my expectations...

I now am confident that it will. This is shaping up to be even better than I first thought. Consider me very excited!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Played it for a few hours today and finished the first 2 chapters.
The setting is amazing, it really feels like watching a performance in a theater. Japanese dub is really good and I like the JP narrator much more than the English one from the trailers.

Graphically it's stunning although sometimes there's a bit too much stuff on the screen which makes it hard to find your character. It's nothing game-breaking though and doesn't happen that often.

The game is a treat for secret hunters, since there are a lot of places which require specific heads etc. to activate the gimmicks, just like in the demo. I think that 100% it might be really time consuming.

Tl;dr - play the demo and if you like it, buy the full version. It just keeps getting better and better as you progress.

fantomena

15 hours and 14 minutes till the embargo lifts.

Btw, finished it today, I can't say much because of the embargo, but it's a very enjoyable game for both male and female in all ages.

It was a preorder bonus in the Japanese version.

ah ok, that's a shame. I understand though, given how it will struggle to sell overseas they probably need to keep the costs down.
The sooner people start giving new creative ip's a chance, the better.
i'm so worried for the review scores. thankfully this isn't on the wii u so they can't dock points for that.

Brannon

*looks at stream footage*

Oh yeah, definitely Dynamite Headdy. I should probably download the demo... of a game I'm definitely going to buy anyway... I should wait.

Can't wait for someone to try to correct you.

Well, I guess it can be enjoyed by anyone of course but you guys know what they mean.

It's a joke first and foremost, but I'm having a hard time picturing that many women out there who've sat down, played the game and enjoyed it. It's definitely geared very much toward a certain audience.

Top Bottom