• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

Finally evolved my holy dragon to it's final form. It's real nice.

Not sure what pet I should leave as a helper. Usually I have my 5* Siren available ... But I also have a green Odin and now that Lightening Dragon. I don't usually see a lot of those available.

I opened 3 friend slots if anyone needs my healer or Odin. 341'534'293

Edit: had the wrong ID .. Now corrected

I was wondering why I had hardly anyone using my helper over the past day. Didn't even earn a single egg pull in a whole day. Then I realized it was because I had been leading with my green resolve ogre for the umpteen hours I was stuck chipping at those damn Keepers. Swapped my ADK back in and got 5 uses in just a couple hours.

ccbfan

Much more luck with ruby dragons than metal dragons.

14 run with Metal Dragon? 3 High Metal Dragons.

3 runs with Ruby dragon? 2 King Ruby Dragon and 2 High Runby Dragon. Plus a bunch of Ruby dragon to turn birdies.

Speaking which tomorrow is the dragon seed/plant/flower/fruit dungeon right? Cause I literally need 10 dragon plants. Would evolve 5 main monster and a bunch of birdies. Probably will clear up 20-30 slots too.

Speaking of which. Whats a better dragon to level? The starter yellow dragon of the ivory dragon. The starter Dark dragon or Devil dragon.

Boken

Banned
Much more luck with ruby dragons than metal dragons.

14 run with Metal Dragon? 3 High Metal Dragons.

3 runs with Ruby dragon? 2 King Ruby Dragon and 2 High Runby Dragon. Plus a bunch of Ruby dragon to turn birdies.

Speaking which tomorrow is the dragon seed/plant/flower/fruit dungeon right? Cause I literally need 10 dragon plants. Would evolve 5 main monster and a bunch of birdies. Probably will clear up 20-30 slots too.

Speaking of which. Whats a better dragon to level? The starter yellow dragon of the ivory dragon. The starter Dark dragon or Devil dragon.

Both starters are easier to level in terms of EXP. Ivory has a better top end (but requires more exp). Starter dark has 2x dark damage, but devil dragon (I assume that's the defence dragon) has much better stats and an amazing active at stage 4.

vivin

How are you guys going about leveling up dark/light monsters? theres no light/dark pengdra's right? I guess the only high exp yield mobs will be the king/high dragons *sadface*

How are you guys going about leveling up dark/light monsters? theres no light/dark pengdra's right? I guess the only high exp yield mobs will be the king/high dragons *sadface*

Feed other color pengdras/king dragons to them. Unfortunately. Dark monsters aren't too bad because the metal dragon dungeon pops like three times a week, but those light dragons

xCobalt

For the short term, I'd level the devil dragon to its final form to take advantage of its abilities. Then maybe stop levelling when it hits 30. The final form of the resist dragons have pretty good stats even at level 1 but their stat growth is pretty low.

Other than that, I would focus on leveling the starter dragons even though they have lower stats. They only require 1.5 million exp to max out while the other dragons require 4 million. Not to mention that once the new update comes out (whenever that is), you'll able to evolve them further and they'll be on par with the other dragons.

Here's a tip for people posting Google-translated links to the wikis. I'm not an expert in webpage coding or anything. I just discovered this.

Compare the translated homepage of the Chinese wiki.

1) Most people are posting the link like this, which shows the Google translation bar at the top.

2) Now look at this, which is the same translated page without the Google translation bar taking-up space at the top. And the best part is that any link you follow will still be translated and not have the top bar.

The way I discovered it is simple. After you run the website through Google translate, simply open any link on the translated page in a new tab. It'll open the link without the translation bar. And you can navigate back to the page you originally opened if you want. I know this doesn't serve any useful function, but it's nice anyway for people who are annoyed by the translation bar using-up browser real estate. I just bookmark the link in 2), instead of going through the process again.

Here's a tip for people posting Google-translated links to the wikis. I'm not an expert in webpage coding or anything. I just discovered this.

Compare the translated homepage of the Chinese wiki.

1) Most people are posting the link like this, which shows the Google translation bar at the top.

2) Now look at this, which is the same translated page without the Google translation bar taking-up space at the top. And the best part is that any link you follow will still be translated and not have the top bar.

The way I discovered it is simple. After you run the website through Google translate, simply open any link on the translated page in a new tab. It'll open the link without the translation bar. And you can navigate back to the page you originally opened if you want. I know this doesn't serve any useful function, but it's nice anyway for people who are annoyed by the translation bar using-up browser real estate. I just bookmark the link in 2), instead of going through the process again.

Its worth pointi g out that the English wiki has been getting some activity recently, so hopefully in a few weeks time all this translating crap will be behind us

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
For the Chinese wiki, if you look at dungeon lists (e.g. here), it lists "Lvl x (1-10) for drop, and AFAIK the higher the number the lower the likeliness of a drop... but what exactly do the numbers mean? Could anyone with knowledge of the wiki/chinese please illuminate?

xCobalt

For the Chinese wiki, if you look at dungeon lists (e.g. here), it lists "Lvl x (1-10) for drop, and AFAIK the higher the number the lower the likeliness of a drop... but what exactly do the numbers mean? Could anyone with knowledge of the wiki/chinese please illuminate?

Not sure if you linked to the correct page but the level shown on dungeon pages is the level of the monster you get. Pretty basic.

Smiley90

Not sure if you linked to the correct page but the level shown on dungeon pages is the level of the monster you get. Pretty basic.

... ah. Damn. I thought it was sth like a drop-likelihood. :( I want that Lilith damnit, have run that dungeon like 7 times now with the 1.5x drop rate and no luck. grrr.

Jeez it's amazing what some levels will do. I ran Ruby metal Dragons 4 times today and came out with 3 kings and 3 highs so I powered my Firedragon Tyrannos from 21 to 56 in one go. Decided to go back and try the first green set of technical dungeons again. Put Firedragon T as my leader for the 2x fire boost, and went with ADK for an additional 2.5x boost to dragons. Combined with the fact that fire is strong against wood, I was basically sweeping every set of pulls except the mask. The mask was actually still difficult with that setup, but I managed to kill it before the turn countdown every time.

Are the Ice tech dungeons substantially harder than wood? I know I could use a blue pengdra or two

Uthred

Are the Ice tech dungeons substantially harder than wood? I know I could use a blue pengdra or two

No all the technical dungeons are more or less equally difficult (though I find the bosses in the red technical dungeon seem to use their abilities more than the others)

KuroNeeko

... ah. Damn. I thought it was sth like a drop-likelihood. :( I want that Lilith damnit, have run that dungeon like 7 times now with the 1.5x drop rate and no luck. grrr.

I know right. I've been trying to get Cupid / Succubus since I first started and they still won't drop. I'm starting to think that they've made it so it won't drop or something.

Anecdotal evidence suggests it's closer to about 1%, if even that. I also farmed it for a long time, and searched around for reports from other people who have farmed it, and those who got the drop said it took anywhere from 50 to 200 kills

Smiley90

Anecdotal evidence suggests it's closer to about 1%, if even that. I also farmed it for a long time, and searched around for reports from other people who have farmed it, and those who got the drop said it took anywhere from 50 to 200 kills

Ah shiiit. Yeah I ran it a couple more times, still no success :( I'm running Twin Temple Diana - The Coaxing Snake. Unsuccessfully :( At least I got all the masks I need to do my first round of evolves for like 10 monsters once I have the dublits... then watch me need other masks on Saturday and having to wait until Wednesday again lol

Azheim

Neo Member
Broke Rank 20 a couple days ago, and still haven't sent my Present yet. Anybody out there want to exchange? My ID's 337,541,206.

My leader is Lillth at the moment, but I may switch her with Vampire after I evolve him to Vampire Lord. Not sure.

raiot

Xelios, where is your amaterasu! :)
Can't get shit done without it! (At least the shit I want to do, like the sky dragon dungeon!)

KuroNeeko

Ah shiiit. Yeah I ran it a couple more times, still no success :( I'm running Twin Temple Diana - The Coaxing Snake. Unsuccessfully :( At least I got all the masks I need to do my first round of evolves for like 10 monsters once I have the dublits... then watch me need other masks on Saturday and having to wait until Wednesday again lol

I wonder if drop rates are based per monster or per dungeon. Like, I was running Pluto because there are three succubii there. If there is a chance of each one of them dropping, then more monsters may equal a better chance of getting that creature. However, if there is a drop table or something that the game checks when you enter the dungeon (meaning that every drop you will get that run is checked at the beginning of the run via loot table) then running the later dungeons will probably give you a better chance of getting one.

Such a pain. I guess I can't complain though, since I already have Echinda and Siren. :/

Anyone get any use out of the dual-colored ogres?

Smiley90

I wonder if drop rates are based per monster or per dungeon. Like, I was running Pluto because there are three succubii there. If there is a chance of each one of them dropping, then more monsters may equal a better chance of getting that creature. However, if there is a drop table or something that the game checks when you enter the dungeon (meaning that every drop you will get that run is checked at the beginning of the run via loot table) then running the later dungeons will probably give you a better chance of getting one.

Such a pain. I guess I can't complain though, since I already have Echinda and Siren. :/

I'm pretty sure the drop rate is per dungeon. the same monster can have different drop rates in different dungeons, too. And yes, it's a pain, I REALLY want her though, perfect for my dark/light team :(

KuroNeeko

I'm pretty sure the drop rate is per dungeon. the same monster can have different drop rates in different dungeons, too. And yes, it's a pain, I REALLY want her though, perfect for my dark/light team :(

What kind of team are you running? I find the synergy, at least with the units I have, between light and dark is pretty poor. I'm running a primarily Dark team with Vampire Lord, Dark Dragon Knight, Siren, and a floater unit that changes depending on the dungeon - usually Echidna.

Smiley90

What kind of team are you running? I find the synergy, at least with the units I have, between light and dark is pretty poor. I'm running a primarily Dark team with Vampire Lord, Dark Dragon Knight, Siren, and a floater unit that changes depending on the dungeon - usually Echidna.

I'm still working on it, but if I wanted pure I'd run Starter dark - Hades - Black dragon - machine golem - Starter light

Little to no synergy, which is why I don't actually run that team, I mostly still mix&match according to the dungeon. My team isn't evolved/advanced enough for it to work properly yet

raiot

I dont know but i didn't get one today... have to run again. But for max Stamina usage I have to do the Dark Sky Dragon on Expert first. I can't do that though, because the only healer in my friendlist capable of outhealing the dmg from the boss is the Amaterasu from Xelios. But he logged out with his ancient dragon knight! AAAAAAAH :(

What's the drop rate like? Just wondering if it's odd that I went in and got the drop my first time ever in. I thought I'd heard of people not getting the drop rate on Dragon Fruit like 100+ times in a row, but I'm not sure if I'm mis-remembering
I ran the dungeon a bunch of times, using stones to refill stamina when I ran out. I needed a shitload of dragon mats to evolve all my dragon monsters and Pengdras. Ended up with about 6-7 Dragon Fruits. What I noticed just from observation is that the end-boss Dragon Fruit has a somewhat low chance to drop an egg. Maybe 1/5 if I had to guess. But whenever the Dragon Fruit enemy randomly appeared solo in one of the earlier levels, it dropped 100%. I got like 4 of them that way.

Ronok

What's the drop rate like? Just wondering if it's odd that I went in and got the drop my first time ever in. I thought I'd heard of people not getting the drop rate on Dragon Fruit like 100+ times in a row, but I'm not sure if I'm mis-remembering

I just ran the dungeon twice and got two of them. Helps that there is 2x drop rate today.

ParityBit

I hate rare pulls. I had 7 gems. I spent 2 on boxes and tried a pull .... got a toy green dragon :( My Amu account is destined to stink!

On my other account I am looking to get keepers (I think that is what they are called) So I can get from 4* to 5* on two of my starter dragons and get my Siren to 5*.

What dungeon (and when) do I need to go to to try that?

Owzers

I hate rare pulls. I had 7 gems. I spent 2 on boxes and tried a pull .... got a toy green dragon :( My Amu account is destined to stink!

On my other account I am looking to get keepers (I think that is what they are called) So I can get from 4* to 5* on two of my starter dragons and get my Siren to 5*.

What dungeon (and when) do I need to go to to try that?

Keepers were the tuesday dungeon, so probably next tuesday again

Kosh

‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/17/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

ParityBit

Keepers were the tuesday dungeon, so probably next tuesday again

Bah! Haha. I guess I will just try to get through the Satan dungeon with my team then. It's so strange how my iPad game is doing much better than my Droid game. I have no luck on my cell. Even right now I barely beat the first level of Sea Cave Mercury. It's like I have to use mob trash each dungeon to try and beat them. I raised 2 blue knights to get past Fire forest, and now I may have to raise some vender trash for Sea Cave.

Anyone else hitting this?

Edit: Come to think of it, I don't even have a card I want to dump my metal dragons on!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's the standard light team that people run? I just got my magic swordsman to drop, so I want to raise him and put together a strong light team to farm mats for my dark team.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I dont know but i didn't get one today... have to run again. But for max Stamina usage I have to do the Dark Sky Dragon on Expert first. I can't do that though, because the only healer in my friendlist capable of outhealing the dmg from the boss is the Amaterasu from Xelios. But he logged out with his ancient dragon knight! AAAAAAAH :(

Ugh, I'm really sorry. I'll try to log out with Amaterasu more often. =/ Should be able to keep her as leader all day since I'm only gonna be doing the wimpy Thursday dungeon.

17 people used my ADK overnight.

raiot

No problem! And thank you for relogging! :)
I need to farm additional 100k xp for my mandrake so I can transform it...

Owzers

Hmmmm why aren't green glow worms spawning for me? Aren't they supposed to be at the Dungeon of Wood or am i missing their right location? Play each of the three stages there and didn't see a single glow worm.

garath

Well thanks to the tuesday and now thursday dungeons I've been able to evolve my red starter dragon for a 2nd (3rd?) time. Evolved my lil white dragon and my cupid. I need more basic light evo material to evolve my mystic knight and a random light devil I have floating around.

Unfortunately my team cost is getting worse. It's really my thor that costs so damn much. I'm half tempted to just pull him, replace him with my angel and run the strongest monsters I have besides him. Could use my red starter, my 2x evolved lil black and my 1x evolved lil white for a decent dragon team or something.

dunno. At least I used up some evo mats. I've been hoarding them and easily 45 of my 55 box are just evo material :(

Have 5 magic stones now. Do I risk a pull or get a few more slots??

ToxicAdam

Hmmmm why aren't green glow worms spawning for me? Aren't they supposed to be at the Dungeon of Wood or am i missing their right location? Play each of the three stages there and didn't see a single glow worm.

You are in the right spot. I tried to farm (other colors) a few times and had horrible luck. I'm just going to wait until tomorrow.

Have 5 magic stones now. Do I risk a pull or get a few more slots??

I had a similar dilemma this morning and made a pull ....

3* Water Golem ... urgggghh

massoluk

Banned
Broke Rank 20 a couple days ago, and still haven't sent my Present yet. Anybody out there want to exchange? My ID's 337,541,206.

My leader is Lillth at the moment, but I may switch her with Vampire after I evolve him to Vampire Lord. Not sure.

If you still haven't swap that present with anyone yet, i'll do it with you. If it's a deal, I sent you an invite, "Masol@gaf"

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have no idea what to run, haha. I don't want to bother with tech dungeons at the moment, and I already got my Mystic White Swordsman dude.

And garath, I would seriously consider expanding boxes. You only have 5 stones (and 55 slots). If you REALLY want to pull, right now wouldn't be a bad time (since higher chances at grass Gods are up), but you MIGHT be better off waiting until the next higher multiplier hit like they did the other day. I came out with 3 Gods and 3 really strong team mates thanks to those bonus odds.

ToxicAdam

is tmw a glow worm event?

Assuming you are talking about these guys:

158i.png

Yes.

I call them ghosts. the translated wiki calls them wizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom