• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
2x Water and Fire, no luck on either. I hate to think of how many runs I did. The fact that I leveled up a bunch is pretty much worthless since you don't get 1 stam per level. Leveling up is really just a hand-me-down in this game, which is sad.

J0dy77

To add to the discussion from last page, I think my gripe with this game is well documented. I don't mind the Stamina restrictions and can agree the cost of stones should be cheaper. My biggest complaint is the absolute impossibility of getting reliable drops. Make it so that if you want a monster and you spend a dedicated amount of time going after it you'll get it. I've run the Mermaid forest over 100 times with 3 chances at Siren and still haven't gotten it. Forcing people to have to pull the rare egg machine to get monsters is just dirty.

On the complete flip side and just as I was really getting frustrated with this game. I get this late last night at the end of 2x Water Mech:

8FZyzzvl.png

Thanks to Xel for your Ammy getting me through those dungeons.

Selner

So, three pulls on the rare egg thing gave me:
Naga
Drall
Venus (woo)

Naga has been on my team from the get go, as Menace saves my bacon somewhat often.
Drall is sort of just hanging out, waiting to get leveled up.
Venus requires too many team points to actually use :p .

I did evolve my starter red dragon to his 2nd form last night though. Now he just needs to eat some carbuncles or whatevers.

I also got my first gold dragon last night. He's an xp thing, right? He doesn't seem to add a lot, does it need to be added at the same time with other metal dragons? or other mobs?

Monster box is looking a little small. Now's probably a good time to expand it.

Oh, I also got Lil Blue and Lil Red dragons from the pal machine. Are those any good?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I also got my first gold dragon last night. He's an xp thing, right? He doesn't seem to add a lot, does it need to be added at the same time with other metal dragons? or other mobs?

Monster box is looking a little small. Now's probably a good time to expand it.

Oh, I also got Lil Blue and Lil Red dragons from the pal machine. Are those any good?

Gold dragons are best used on Light monsters for the XP bonus. They're pretty rare, so save them for a good light monster.

Lil' dragons are awesome. They have a 4th stage evo that has a 20k AoE on a 15 turn timer. I am missing Lil' Blue still, but I have the rest. You should definitely pour some mats into them.

ParityBit

To add to the discussion from last page, I think my gripe with this game is well documented. I don't mind the Stamina restrictions and can agree the cost of stones should be cheaper. My biggest complaint is the absolute impossibility of getting reliable drops. Make it so that if you want a monster and you spend a dedicated amount of time going after it you'll get it. I've run the Mermaid forest over 100 times with 3 chances at Siren and still haven't gotten it. Forcing people to have to pull the rare egg machine to get monsters is just dirty.

Congrats on your drops! My highlight this weekend was a blue mask so I could make my Enchantress. In this game, you really need to have either a damage mitigation card, or a top healer. If you have neither it is really hard. I have an Ammy, but I can not get past the level I am trying to beat because I do not heal my team enough to deal with normal combat; thus I need a real healer. I also can not mitigate the damage because I do not have anything that can do that, and if I try to use a card that does, I can not heal.

ToxicAdam

Lost 25 stam last night trying to beat the TriColor Master dungeon. I added incorrectly and my team had 9984 HPs (there are divine masks that hit for 9999).

I made it to the seventh tier before one finally got off a hit. Ugh.

w0ot

Neo Member
need you guys help, what char should i use if i wan to clear rainbow keeper dungeon ? also for my gigas and dragons ripper, what lvl should i get them to ?

Screenshot_2013-01-28-21-32-22.png

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Lost 25 stam last night trying to beat the TriColor Master dungeon. I added incorrectly and my team had 9984 HPs (there are divine masks that hit for 9999).

I made it to the seventh tier before one finally got off a hit. Ugh.

I made a similar mistake - I got to the final boss set but simply couldn't survive. I brought a sub-par healer and took it hard.

Just a friendly reminder to all PADers to not burn yourselves out of the game. Is grinding Wood Mechdragon for two weeks really worth the cost of your sanity? I try to get in runs when possible now but my playtime has dropped a lot over the past two weeks. If I miss my chance at a special dungeon, then i miss it.

ToxicAdam

I don't mind running the mech dungeons because I am trying to level up so I can increase my team cost stat. I want to get it up to about 110.

Plus, with the 2x events, it gives me a lot of fodder to feed my low-level neglected pets. Like golems and lil' dragons.

Selner

Gold dragons are best used on Light monsters for the XP bonus. They're pretty rare, so save them for a good light monster.

Lil' dragons are awesome. They have a 4th stage evo that has a 20k AoE on a 15 turn timer. I am missing Lil' Blue still, but I have the rest. You should definitely pour some mats into them.

Ah, good to hear. Venus is light, and once I get some more Ranks and can actually use her the gold dragon will help with leveling.

Even more reason to expand the monster box.

And I'm seeing the two kinds of little metal dragons (gold and bronze?) on a regular basis in the dungeons. But only one has actually turned into an egg for me.

That is how it works, right? When an egg drops after a monster dies, that monster is in the egg, right? And I'm guessing Boss Battle monsters don't turn into eggs?

harrytang

Just a friendly reminder to all PADers to not burn yourselves out of the game. Is grinding Wood Mechdragon for two weeks really worth the cost of your sanity? I try to get in runs when possible now but my playtime has dropped a lot over the past two weeks. If I miss my chance at a special dungeon, then i miss it.

ive been playing while watching tv or something. if i know my team cant die and it's just a matter of making the matches then i play passively. with the mech dungeons this is the only way. yesterday i played almost the entire time on fire mech and got no drop. without another activity to distract me i would have lost it.

TimeKillr

Hey guys, so with the schedule for the metal dragon dungeons, is the time in PST?

Because I'm in group 3, and if it's PST, it should've popped up at 7am this morning. I was playing at 7am, and I never saw the dungeon.

froliq

Hey guys, so with the schedule for the metal dragon dungeons, is the time in PST?

Because I'm in group 3, and if it's PST, it should've popped up at 7am this morning. I was playing at 7am, and I never saw the dungeon.

I'm in group 3 and the first one of today will be up in three and a half hours from now.

Ok, maybe drop karma comes around. 20 plus runs yesterday with no fire mech drop. First, literally the first, expert run on wind mech dragon and it drops. Now to go get that green starter

ToxicAdam

I thought so too, but this site here says otherwise... maybe it's just UBERRARE. Definitly need one of thos ADK's ;)
[]

Oh that's odd. I assumed all the Mech dungeons would be the same.

That's a big reason to run that dungeon if you don't have an ADK yet.

Owzers

Ok, maybe drop karma comes around. 20 plus runs yesterday with no fire mech drop. First, literally the first, expert run on wind mech dragon and it drops. Now to go get that green starter

Puzzle and Dragons does not care for karma when it concerns me, a nice consistent lack of any good drops are in my present and future.

TimeKillr

I'm in group 3 and the first one of today will be up in three and a half hours from now.

See this is what I don't get.

[US] lightless devil's nest at 12:00 pst
[US] Ruby Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/28/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

So my third digit is a 7.

So does this mean that a 10am, 3pm and 8pm PST the Ruby Dragon dungeon will be up?

I think I'm an idiot and reversed the time difference from PST and EST. How long are the dungeons open for? An hour?

raiot

Does anyone know the boss stats for the ice technical dungeon before i go in with the wrong team and waste 12 stamina?

Jinko

See this is what I don't get.

[US] lightless devil's nest at 12:00 pst
[US] Ruby Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/28/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

So my third digit is a 7.

So does this mean that a 10am, 3pm and 8pm PST the Ruby Dragon dungeon will be up?

I think I'm an idiot and reversed the time difference from PST and EST. How long are the dungeons open for? An hour?

Yea you would be group C and the last an hour.

Does anyone know the boss stats for the ice technical dungeon before i go in with the wrong team and waste 12 stamina?

I think its the same as Fire and Wood just a different element, I'm only guessing here though.

So apparently lightless devils nest drops vampire. Great opportunity for those who dont yet have it.

Edit: scratch that. Apparently drop rate for LDN is terrible. Do it once for the free magic stone

Radav

Thought I would chime in with my experience running the Ice and Fire Mech expert dungeons pretty much the entire weekend. Like many of you I did not come up with the boss drop. I did have some crazy luck with mermaid drops and got 4, 3 of which I fed to my 5* Siren and got her a skillup. I got 1 Naga yesterday out of an entire days worth of running that dungeon with the 2x drop increase. I probably ran that like 12 times total. In the end I ended up getting a ton of levels, a bunch of coins and some xp fodder for a couple of my monsters. I'd definitely like to see a PAD 2 where stamina restrictions and money weren't such a hinderance to my enjoyment of the game.

Owzers

So apparently lightless devils nest drops vampire. Great opportunity for those who dont yet have it.

Edit: scratch that. Apparently drop rate for LDN is terrible. Do it once for the free magic stone

^^^^ sums up puzzles and dragons nicely

finished expert and adept wind ( earth ) dungeon, i started getting annoyed how poorly i was doing killing monsters so i dropped my healer and used a damage reduction for leader and a 2x fire attack for helper leader, along wtih two monsters that change orbs to heal in case i get a horrible round. Worked well in normal rounds, a little trickier in the boss but i was okay.

raiot

Thought I would chime in with my experience running the Ice and Fire Mech expert dungeons pretty much the entire weekend. Like many of you I did not come up with the boss drop. I did have some crazy luck with mermaid drops and got 4, 3 of which I fed to my 5* Siren and got her a skillup. I got 1 Naga yesterday out of an entire days worth of running that dungeon with the 2x drop increase. I probably ran that like 12 times total. In the end I ended up getting a ton of levels, a bunch of coins and some xp fodder for a couple of my monsters. I'd definitely like to see a PAD 2 where stamina restrictions and money weren't such a hinderance to my enjoyment of the game.

Lucky! My only drop in all 40 runs of mech dungeons was a single mermaid. And ca. 30 starter dragons...
As much as I hate the stamina restrictions... A part of me is grateful because this game is digital crack and I would be hooked nonstop! :)

StMeph

After farming for Succubus for nearly a week -- and failing -- I pulled a Succubus from the rare egg machine after getting a 5th stone from clearing special dungeons.

I don't even know if that's a good or bad thing anymore.

Still, my question: Poison is based from ATK, so does enhancing the ATK stat from +1 eggs improve Poison? I am currently expecting the answer to be yes, but would prefer to confirm that.

Loving the game so far, but I'm not as nearly as advanced as you folks here. No particular stat watching ,strategies, etc. I'm just begging, though.
The game is amazing!

After farming for Succubus for nearly a week -- and failing -- I pulled a Succubus from the rare egg machine after getting a 5th stone from clearing special dungeons.

I don't even know if that's a good or bad thing anymore.

Still, my question: Poison is based from ATK, so does enhancing the ATK stat from +1 eggs improve Poison? I am currently expecting the answer to be yes, but would prefer to confirm that.
Yes

harrytang

Ive never heard of anyone getting one, but then again ive never heard of anyone doing Normal more than once either :( i would guess that if it is possible, it cant be more than 1% chance

people on here have gotten drop from adept level mech. its possible. seems like total luck anyway as expert 2x did not help.

people on here have gotten drop from adept level mech. its possible. seems like total luck anyway as expert 2x did not help.

Eh it definitely helps, it's just that 2x of a low chance is still a low chance. Personally I ran it about 20 times without the 2x drop rate with no drop, and about 10 times with the 2x drop rate, and I did end up getting the drop finally. Who knows whether or not I would have gotten it anyway without the 2x drop.

One thing I found strange is that when I got the drop on Ice, I had run it about 10x with no Mermaid and no boss drop, and finally I got the mermaid and the boss on the same run.

On Fire, it was exactly the same, but in this case it was over 30x running the dungeon with neither drop, and then finally I got both drops on the same run. Definitely a head scratcher there, since I've heard of people getting one drop but not the other, it's weird that in both cases I got both drops at the same time.

One thing I will say is that toward the end of my push to get it, I was getting pretty burned out. And I don't think it was really worth it. I may never even use this thing, there are just so many monsters that have a fraction of the team cost, are easier to level up, and have really good stats. So I probably won't do it again for the other mech dungeons. If I just focus on levelling / evolving my current guys, and saving up Pal pulls for a rare event / chance to get rippers (still need red/green), then that will go way farther and be way more useful than these stupid mech dragons that you can't even use till you're probably rank 100 or higher.

I have not run the ice since alderaba dropped, but before I got a plessie and the mech in the same run. Have not gotten a mermaid.

I probably ran the fire mech 30-40, got nearly as many Tyrans, three nagas and not a single fire mech dragon. 2x helped me get the nagas, but not much else.

Wind mech I have run once, and got the wind mech. But no brachy, I've had a dryad/mandrake/alraune for a while, so I'm not to obsess with that one. I'm still hyped about only one run for this one. Gives me some leeway with this week

ToxicAdam

You really shouldn't freak out about not getting these Mech drops. You literally won't be able to use these dragons in your team until you are level 100 or so. Unless you want to put them as leaders and rack up som PAL points. They are useful as helpers in some dungeons.

J0dy77

I completely agree here. The game is a lot more fun when I have things to do and just get to play for 15 minute clips. If I try and play for hours it becomes a grind. Best thing that I've tried to do is never let me stamina cap or run out, breaks in between dungeons.

With the change to the wind dungeon today was able to get another rare pull. Only a mystic blue knight, happy overall but want one gold egg... just once. I'm going to set some goals this week to evolve a bunch of the lower tier mobs I have that are max lvl. Bunch of Lil dragons, my titan and lvl up the new blue knight and verche.

Where's the best place to farm mobs to lvl Verche? Yellow seems extremely difficult to lvl.

Here's my current box, have a pretty nice mono blue team shaping up:

Klrmee6l.png

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So are those Ruby Mech Dragon times PST or EST?

All time ever for US version are PST.

And I ran that damn fire mech dragon expert level probably 50 times total. No mech drop, not even a naga. Unreal.

I hope the mech drop rate is a lot better on master. I can almost finish master at this point.

Selner

I completely agree here. The game is a lot more fun when I have things to do and just get to play for 15 minute clips. If I try and play for hours it becomes a grind. Best thing that I've tried to do is never let me stamina cap or run out, breaks in between dungeons.

With the change to the wind dungeon today was able to get another rare pull. Only a mystic blue knight, happy overall but want one gold egg... just once.

I've only been playing for about a week, but I have yet to run out of stamina or feel like I had to wait for the timer. I generally only play in smaller blocks of time, and when I do get an extended session in I'm low enough Rank that I Rank up somewhat often.

The game does tell you "Rest your eyes! Only play for an hour!" or something like that.

And I got my first gold egg over the weekend, and I'd never seen one. I was like "what's that?" :) .

What was in it? Don't leave us hanging!

E: Light monsters, eventually, are best leveled with off-color Pengdras and King Enhance Dragons. Gold dragons are too rare plus I think they give less exp than their brethren anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom