• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jagernaut

Am I the only one who just uses a standard mono color team to run Wednesday/Friday? As long as your HP is above 20k it's super safe. No point in wasting time charging poison when you can just brute force it.

If you have 3 or 4 max skilled Lilith's, poison is really fast. Lately I've been running Ares/Ares with 60k hp and cruising through Wed/Fri dungeons.

Ashodin

Guys

guys

what

xllJGIol.png
Aw6zfZzl.png

Somebody gettin' dat level up

razterik

After all this farming, I only have 1 Eco Tiny, and I've never even seen a Dumpty.

Really only one Tiny? Are you not doing Heaven Sent? That's where all the Dumptys are, too. I am getting a rate of about 1 per 5 runs. Loki skill ups on the other hand...0/7.

I gave up the idea of skilling my second Parvati for now. I have never used my second Siren, and the principal here is the same. Still keeping her on the chance they do multi-busty, though. Working on Toytops, but I get the feeling Parvati will be subtyped to balance eventually.

Another way to skill Lakshmi is to run the Blue Stone Aerial Dragon on Monday. I think Keepers always drop on 1.5x and you can work on skilling up any of the stone dragons, which isn't a terrible idea.

Jagernaut

Any thoughts about Haku or Horus for Athena? Seems like no one is using them. I don't have Kirin, and my Satan isn't evolved yet (and his subs aren't ready anyway).

Athena teams from puzzleanddragonsforum via Chinese pad wikia:

Standard spikes: Satan, Horus, Kirin, Ra

Zero stone lineups:
Hera-Ur/Hera-Ur, Duke Vamp, King Baddie, Loki, A.Hera.
Mono-Blue, Hermes/I&I, Hera-Is, B-Odin, Karin, Gabriel
Mono-Red, Ares/FD Grand Tyrannos, PKH, Goemon, Phoenix, Echidna
Byakku/Byakku, Hera-Is, Echidna, Loki, Duke Vamp

Others:
Hera-Is/Luci, Luci, A. hera, DJ, Duke Vamp
Hera-Ur/Satan, Hera-Is, Duke Vamp, King Baddie, Echidna
Loki/Luci, Siren, Duke Vamp, A. Hera, Hera-Is - 1 to 2 stones
Hera-Ur/Luci, Luci, Hera-Is, A. Hera, DJ - 1 to 4 stones
Valk team, very high lvl - 3 to 5 stones.
Luci/Luci, A. Hera, Siren, RK, RK - 4 to 5 stones

Successful Kirin Compositions:
Verche, Valk, Hera-Is, Mastering - 0 stoneable (I'm trying this one, but subbing Gigas or Echidna for Mastering (cost))
Sieg, Echidna, Verche, Asgard - 0 stonable
Chu Chu, Echidna, Verche, Hera-IS - 2 stones
Chu Chu, Sieg, Valk, Red Giant Gigas - 0 to 3 stones.
Chu chu, Sieg, Echidna, Horus - 0-4 stones
Echidna, Valk, Hera-Is, Drilling Megalodran - 3 stones

Double Haku (Byakko) works if you have the right subs.

razterik

If she gets buffed, I guess? Imagine if it went near Odin levels of damage. The heal back would be insane. I am not saying I am going to do it or that others should, just thinking about it. Although the Shinra collab seems to be getting a new Lakshmi skill up monster that doesn't have to be evolved first? Not likely to see that collab in the US.

I don't think I've ever not gotten a Tiny drop on Heaven Sent. I figured it was 100%. I managed to get Dumpty on my first run but haven't seen one since. I wish she had a devil subtype. She'd fit nicely on a Hera-Ur or Satan team.

I guess the real question is this: Horus or Haku--which would be better, in your opinion?

Right now, I'm leaning on Horus because he just outputs more damage, but Haku can stall better against Seig and really ratchet up the juice against Athena, so it's hard for me to decide.

Also, my Loki and Duke are rubbish right now, but I will probably slot in D/D Hades and Hera (or even SOD Lucifer), so it should be workable.

xCobalt

How does Siegfried work exactly? Does he only attack if you attack or does it only require 1 hit to trigger his attacks?

razterik

Siegfried does his stance/pose move every turn he gets until he is hit with damage. You can move orbs without matching and match orbs that don't activate your team without disrupting him. Once hit, he uses his next turn to power up before beginning his normal attack cycle, so you get a few free turns to wail on him either way.

How does Siegfried work exactly? Does he only attack if you attack or does it only require 1 hit to trigger his attacks?

as long as you do not deal siegfried damage, he will never attack you.

So mono or dual color teams have an advantage as they can just not make matches and set up massive combos to take him down.

there is an Anubis run on youtube where they do that thing to set up all the skills and then get a huge x100 attack and then grav, grav, grav, luci, counterattack for massive damage against athena

razterik

I guess the real question is this: Horus or Haku--which would be better, in your opinion?

Right now, I'm leaning on Horus because he just outputs more damage, but Haku can stall better against Seig and really ratchet up the juice against Athena, so it's hard for me to decide.

Also, my Loki and Duke are rubbish right now, but I will probably slot in D/D Hades and Hera (or even SOD Lucifer), so it should be workable.

If you are planning to use both Hades and Hera on Athena, you will nullify Byakko's advantage when she switches to green. Without Loki, I think you'd be better off using Horus. He's quite capable of running this dungeon with the proper subs, especially if your rainbow options are higher level than your dark.

If you are planning to use both Hades and Hera on Athena, you will nullify Byakko's advantage when she switches to green. Without Loki, I think you'd be better off using Horus. He's quite capable of running this dungeon with the proper subs, especially if your rainbow options are higher level than your dark.
Thanks for the tip. I think it will indeed by Horus's show (again), then.

Here are some of my sub options, all level 99, unless otherwise noted (bold for the ones I'm thinking of using; italics for possible Haku team):

-D/D Hades
-SOD Lucifer
-Wolf King Cu Chulainn
-Rose Valkyrie
-Awoken Hera-Is
-Awoken Hera
-Abyss Neptune
-Awoken Zeus-Dios (83)
-Goemon
-Echidna (96, max skill)
-Siren (82, max skill)
-Haku (89)

Amon37

cruise controlling through masks / jewel dungeons with liliths is awesome.

were is the best place for a Lilith drop? I've farmed twin temple Diana so many a time with 1.5x drop rate and nothing. I tried looking at the wiki and p&dx but I couldn't see anything concrete.

were is the best place for a Lilith drop? I've farmed twin temple Diana so many a time with 1.5x drop rate and nothing. I tried looking at the wiki and p&dx but I couldn't see anything concrete.
As someone said about the earth golem, don't look for her; she'll find you.

You can always try pulling between godfests; there's a good chance she'll show up. Otherwise, she shows up in various dark weekly dragon dungeons with a really low drop rate.

If you can't get one from REM the best bet is to wait for a two-week dragon dungeon that drops it and run it at master when it is on 2x drop rate.

Really only one Tiny? Are you not doing Heaven Sent? That's where all the Dumptys are, too. I am getting a rate of about 1 per 5 runs. Loki skill ups on the other hand...0/7.
I only ran Heaven Sent once for the stone. Only been farming Expert because the only monsters I really want are the Salamanders and Shabos, so I didn't see the need to spend twice as much stam per run for Tinys and Dumptys. Just noting the extremely low drop rate for Tiny and appearance rate for Dumpty on Expert.

Chozo

*burn two stones to fight Muspelheim, even though the 2x drop rate is tomorrow*

*get him to drop anyways*

IN YOUR FACE MATH

Also, why the fuck are the trash mobs more challenging than any boss in your dungeon? In any event, now I can buy Pokemon Y tomorrow with a clean conscience.

JMRV

Neo Member
Very unlikely but does anyone have a maxed out Amaterasu I could use when Hera comes around? I'll be doing that with a resolve team. (US)

I only ran Heaven Sent once for the stone. Only been farming Expert because the only monsters I really want are the Salamanders and Shabos, so I didn't see the need to spend twice as much stam per run for Tinys and Dumptys. Just noting the extremely low drop rate for Tiny and appearance rate for Dumpty on Expert.

I've only seen Dumpty once (and that's all I really needed) on Heaven Sent in 14 runs.

coy

You could also wait for Poring Tower to return and snatch a Ghostring. The dungeon ended recently, but it will surely return. If you haven't been fortunate to acquire Lilith by then, these are great substitutes.

BetaTester

Neo Member
PDX 11 Oct Update: Simulator Monster Selection
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

- Monster selection in the simulator has been improved. You can now pick the monster by using the monster number, rarity, element or name ( English or Japanese ).
Awoken enhanced stats are now considered in the formula. You need to enter how many times your monster has been awoken.
The level and plus values of your monsters will be loaded from you collection. ( Thanks to Sammylau )

- Main Search and Autocomplete are now supporting Japanese queries.

- Beginner's Guide is added. ( Thanks to Alfred )
- Plus +1 Egg Explanation is added. ( Thanks to James )
- Account Backup tutorial is added. ( Thanks to Bare )

Tobe

currently on mt. bakkes last stage. had some troubles mostly because i lack a way to keep the fire orbs coming. resorted to grinding ranks in lower stages and trying to find a kagutsuchi, thank god i could farm 10 stones for tomorrows godfest

razterik

Sad thing is tomorrow's Godfest isn't even that good. You will basically be trying to roll Lucifer. Rare rolls like the Odins and Dark Metatron are amazing, but your team cost is too low to field them yet. Angels or an Amaterasu wouldn't hurt, but they will only get you so far early on and require evolution to really shine. If you think you can tough it out, waiting for a fest with Chinese or Egyptian might be in your best interest. Either way, good luck!

Top Bottom