• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Genji

My pulls:

1) Valkyrie
2) Dryad

Needed a decent light sub, so I guess not too bad, but always a bummer when you don't see a golden egg pop out.

NineH

Trollfest pulls

1. Earth Guardian
2. Thor (at least its a god but yeah)
3. Failio, of course

my tears must be delicious to gungho.

edit: looks like 3 out of 4 of us so far got that damn green golem. Blast that RNG!

Flambe

Jealous, all I want is a Valk >.<

Screw it, one less meal out!

6. Succubus
7. Gigas
8. Susano
9. MachineGolem Mk III
10. AA Metatron
11. Mystic Light Knight
Oh and a Genie Light Elemental somewhere there lol

sigh =p Welp at least I have Dark and Light Metatron I suppose -_-

I'm sure I'll justify another $20 tomorrow before it runs out lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Jealous, all I want is a Valk >.<

Screw it, one less meal out!

6. Succubus
7. Gigas
8. Susano
9. MachineGolem Mk III
10. AA Metatron
11. Mystic Light Knight
Oh and a Genie Light Elemental somewhere there lol

sigh =p Welp at least I have Dark and Light Metatron I suppose -_-

I'm sure I'll justify another $20 tomorrow before it runs out lol

For what it's worth, Genie is getting a busty in JP.

Also, if you want a Valk, why not try your hand at her descended tomorrow???

Flambe

For what it's worth, Genie is getting a busty in JP.

Also, if you want a Valk, why not try your hand at her descended tomorrow???

Levelling what I can but I dunno if I have the composition to do her :( i'll post my box in a bit after I bath my daughter lol

Giard

Got a Mystic Stone Knight from the Godfest. At least it becomes something useful.

Got a Vampire from the Pal egg machine, so it could've been worse.

Super Kings was awesome for clearing out my box. Each Cactus needs 1 high dragon and a few trash mobs to max level. Managed to evolve 11 so far and 10 more are sitting at level 23. And my total is now 3/23 on Parvati skillups. Hopefully this last batch will finish her off.

I also used the real EXP to level up Zeus-Dios to around 70. Looking forward to trying out an Athena team. Now that it looks like Artemis is getting a Green/Light Busty, I really wish I had focused more on skilling her up. One of the weaknesses of the Athena team versus a Valk team is the lack of low cooldown orb changers. A team of gods will have decent HP and better overall ATK, but the ability to create useful orbs twice (or more) every five turns is a huge advantage for a team focused on pure damage dealing anyway.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Looking to finally give this a shot. Hope it doesn't feel "gross" like other f2p games.

If you're really interested in getting the most of the game at first, reroll your account until one of the starters in the OP pops out. Seriously, Kirin/Horus/Bastet/AA Luci are all you need.

Flambe

Anyway here's the lineup if anyone can say if it stands a chance even on low lvl Goddess Descended >.<

pad1.png

Pad2.png

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do you have any Rainbow Keepers? Also, what skill level is your Siren? You have Luci, so that's good. You could do the Luci/Luci + RK/RK/RK/Siren build. Very slow, but relatively safe.

Got a Valkyrie from my second and final Godfest pull. Is it any good?

Busty Valk is probably THE quick farm team for everything non-descended. There are some descended farming builds with Valk, but it requires a second Valk and a LOT of levels. But yes - level her. Evolve her, max skill her, etc etc. She's fantastic.

Giard

Busty Valk is probably THE quick farm team for everything non-descended. There are some descended farming builds with Valk, but it requires a second Valk and a LOT of levels. But yes - level her. Evolve her, max skill her, etc etc. She's fantastic.

Woooo!
Noob question: What does busty mean?

I can't get used to seeing Bastet's name on the top tier list. Before the buff my vote was for leaving her off of the re-roll list entirely.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Woooo!
Noob question: What does busty mean?

Busty is the same as ultimate.
I really should do that acronym guide in the OP.
Basically, it's the evolution of a given monster that requires a fusion. So D/D and D/L Hades are busty/ult evos. You need to max level Hades to evolve him to Underlord Hades, but you don't need to max level Underlord Hades to busty/ult evo to the D/D or D/L versions.

Same can be said with Valk. Once you evolve her to Princess Valk, you can busty her to
Warrior Rose, Graceful Valkyrie. When we talk about Valk here, a majority of us are referring to her busty L/G version.

2 RKs but my team cost starts hurting then for the last 2 slots :( Siren is 68 and max skilled

You're best bet is to be farming Tower of Giants during 1/2 stam to get that team cost up. It's a necessary evil for newer players. Valk comes around enough to possibly sit this one out. Throwing stones at Legendary is silly since the drop is only 40%. You're better off being able to 0-stone Legendary and refill stam or 1-5 stone Mythical to get the drop 100%.

That being said, max skill Siren + 2 RK + another dark monster MAY be able to clear it, but you still risk having to throw stones.

Got a Valkyrie from my second and final Godfest pull. Is it any good?

yes, for the love of god, don't sell her or eat her. I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of her to begin with. At the beginning of the game, I fed a Valkyrie to a carbuncle, lol I was dumb.

But, luckily, my only Godfest pull this time was a +egged Valk, WOOHOO, finally got her back. Time to build a team around her, so guys with a lot more experience, help me out:

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I can't get used to seeing Bastet's name on the top tier list. Before the buff my vote was for leaving her off of the re-roll list entirely.

I don't agree with it, but the general consensus is that she's super legit in the JP update. I have 2 still in first form. I spent my Super Emeralds on pumping Chu and Ceres since I actually use them. I still think Kirin is the best combo God there is (with Horus/Ra being a close second).

Bastet is just...I mean, she's a SUPER legit starter with her busty coming. Most anyone can 4 combo for an easy 2.5x damage. It's just odd that everyone is going crazy for her 7 combo 4x (I think that's what it is, right?). My thing about it is that even though I can trigger Kirin and Horus almost regularly, I can't 7 combo on command. Maybe with orb delay awakenings I could, but even then, it doesn't seem as reliable.

I do think that part of her utility is the ability to control your multiplier for stalling. Most 16x+ teams have that all-or-nothing situation. 9x+ teams (Valk, Chu, Ur, etc) can control the board a bit more. Bastet takes the 9x control with the 16x damage. I guess it will be interesting to see how she fairs. I'm sure we'll see Bastet/Bastet clears of Zeus-Dios pop up, but you KNOW those teams will be stacked.

Flambe

You're best bet is to be farming Tower of Giants during 1/2 stam to get that team cost up. It's a necessary evil for newer players. Valk comes around enough to possibly sit this one out. Throwing stones at Legendary is silly since the drop is only 40%. You're better off being able to 0-stone Legendary and refill stam or 1-5 stone Mythical to get the drop 100%.

That being said, max skill Siren + 2 RK + another dark monster MAY be able to clear it, but you still risk having to throw stones.

Yeah still plunking at Tower of Giants, still rank 80 and slowly climbing. And good thing is she does come around a fair bit so yeah I guess patience.. After five more pulls >.>

Busty for Genie is nice, I haven't bustied any of my monsters yet that'd be nifty lol I should read up on that some more with what I have.

Yeah the team I could do was Lucifer, 2x RK, Lilith, and 2 cost left over so prolly a super king eh lol. No Siren is crappy so I think I'll pass this go 'round heh

razterik

2 RKs but my team cost starts hurting then for the last 2 slots :( Siren is 68 and max skilled

How close to 101 team cost are you? Lucifer/RK/RK/Thanatos/Siren/Lucifer should be quite doable on Legend, although you will be at the mercy of orb drops to clear the first stage. Thanatos is an even better option than RK when you get to Valkyrie since he blocks all damage. Just has really poor stats, especially in first evo. If you can find a friend with a high level, high + Lucifer, even better.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah still plunking at Tower of Giants, still rank 80 and slowly climbing. And good thing is she does come around a fair bit so yeah I guess patience.. After five more pulls >.>

Busty for Genie is nice, I haven't bustied any of my monsters yet that'd be nifty lol I should read up on that some more with what I have.

Yeah the team I could do was Lucifer, 2x RK, Lilith, and 2 cost left over so prolly a super king eh lol. No Siren is crappy so I think I'll pass this go 'round heh

If you can't fit a Siren, you really can't touch it. You need to stall for Luci, and the combination of floor 4 and 5 is rough. Hell, my Mythical clear of Luci/Luci + Zeus/Hera-Is/Hera/Ceres was almost cut short on floor 4 while stalling for MS.

Flambe

How close to 101 team cost are you? Lucifer/RK/RK/Thanatos/Siren/Lucifer should be quite doable on Legend, although you will be at the mercy of orb drops to clear the first stage. Thanatos is an even better option than RK when you get to Valkyrie since he blocks all damage. Just has really poor stats, especially in first evo. If you can find a friend with a high level, high + Lucifer, even better.

Am at 90 cost now so a few levels off for sure

Well this sucks. I ran out of Dragon Flowers to evo my Salamanders and Shabos. And the 2x skill-up event ends the day before Plant day. WTH?! GungHo usually starts and ends events on the same weekday. The last couple events prior started on Friday and ended the next Friday. It's like they really don't want us to have 2 Plant days during the same event.

BTW, I thought I remembered reading about Yomi getting an ultimate evo. Does anyone know what her upgrade is? Debating which monster to feed my Eco Tinys to. I have both Devil and Healer Venuses and Yomi.

Monster Box:

Currently, your best bet for a Valk team is just whatever healers you have in your box. Be warned though that this team will have very low HP and you really can't afford to get hit. But a rainbow Valk team with one of each healer is pretty solid. You'll probably want a Lilith to deal with high defense monsters.

I the long run though, you won't be farming high level stuff with that team, so you should try to get at the very least another Valkyrie and a King Shynee. You'll want both Valk's max skilled, so whenever Poring Tower comes around again, make that a priority. Eventually you may be trolled rewarded with an Angelion from the rare egg machine. If you max skill and full evolve her, she'll be a really nice fit once she gets a healer subtype.

So I'd say your ideal, non REM team would be Valk, Valk, King Shynee, Siren, Echidna, Valk.

razterik

Yomi upgrade hasn't been released yet, so nobody knows. Maybe next week we might find out, but I'm not counting on it.

I couldn't think of anything Chaos Venus could do that I wouldn't rather have Cosmos Venus or Yomi. Maybe devil teams if Yomi doesn't gain that subtype, but putting a mostly light sub there seems silly.

Currently, your best bet for a Valk team is just whatever healers you have in your box. Be warned though that this team will have very low HP and you really can't afford to get hit. But a rainbow Valk team with one of each healer is pretty solid. You'll probably want a Lilith to deal with high defense monsters.

I the long run though, you won't be farming high level stuff with that team, so you should try to get at the very least another Valkyrie and a King Shynee. You'll want both Valk's max skilled, so whenever Poring Tower comes around again, make that a priority. Eventually you may be trolled rewarded with an Angelion from the rare egg machine. If you max skill and full evolve her, she'll be a really nice fit once she gets a healer subtype.

So I'd say your ideal, non REM team would be Valk, Valk, King Shynee, Siren, Echidna, Valk.

I was thinking to finally focus on my Dryad, and Archangel, plus get Echidna and Siren closer to max now, Siren is Max Skilled at the moment. Fully evolve them and max them up as much as possible. Is that a better team than my mono red team? Which should I focus on right now? I still have a Gigas, Starter dragon, noel dragon, ancient dragon, Echidna, and working on a Homura.

razterik

Mono red is easier and stronger for now. Valkyrie doesn't get really good (3x) until it's ultimate evo, which is a long ways away for you still. And honestly, don't bother with Dryad and Angel. Better off shoving two non-healers in there, like two Rainbow Keepers or Verche.

So I got a no 136, A Susano which is a god monster. I got this on my iPad. I mainly at on my iPhone. Can I sync the data between my iPad and iPhone?

Zero_IYAD

Guys would you please put up your Lucifers, not a single one in my list & I wanna start farming The Goddess Descended on Legend as many times as it takes to make her drop.

Fuck rng..
8 roll
Angrelion frigging again...
Fairlion... Dafaq
Succubus
Flame knight
Undine Evolver ( already nave it..)
Genie evolved (already nave one)
Dryad (already had it)
Siren(already had it)

Gungho trolled by rolls... And i even bought 30 stones hoping for Megatron, green odin or luci..
Fate so cruel

Ok guys I have a question. Run into a bit of a wall. I was progressing up the normal dungeon level chain VERY well but then hit Tomb of the Saint - Deep : King of the Underworld stage.

I get through the stage fine until I hit Hades. I would like to know if I am able to somehow survive damage from this boss atm, or if I will have to ... remake my team or something.

According to puzzleanddragonsx database my team has 29,680 hp after multipliers ( using evolved Artemis friend, snow globe dragon main leader ). Hades has an attack strength of 66,667. My damage reduction is of course 0%. So does that mean Hades is doing 66,667 points worth of damage? I tried him once and he did indeed kill me in one hit.

If that is the case, how do I go about adding damage reduction? Do I need to add a Golem type character, and also use a dark friend with 50% reduction to dark damage? Stuff like that?

Thinking Hades may be a pain in my arse lol. Cause I was not doing much damage anyway, without changing my team around and adding even less damage.

Edit : First Godfest Roll = +1 Gryps Rider, lv. 6.
2nd = Fairlio
3rd = Angel

Seemed to like the Dark/Light side of things those rolls. Thats it for me! No more rolls.

Ok guys I have a question. Run into a bit of a wall. I was progressing up the normal dungeon level chain VERY well but then hit Tomb of the Saint - Deep : King of the Underworld stage.

I get through the stage fine until I hit Hades. I would like to know if I am able to somehow survive damage from this boss atm, or if I will have to ... remake my team or something.

According to puzzleanddragonsx database my team has 29,680 hp after multipliers ( using evolved Artemis friend, snow globe dragon main leader ). Hades has an attack strength of 66,667. My damage reduction is of course 0%. So does that mean Hades is doing 66,667 points worth of damage? I tried him once and he did indeed kill me in one hit.

If that is the case, how do I go about adding damage reduction? Do I need to add a Golem type character, and also use a dark friend with 50% reduction to dark damage? Stuff like that?

Golems won't do you any good, since they're only 10% damage reduction
You'll need something like a G. Odin friend, which provides 80% damage reduction at full health (66667*0.20 = 13,333).

That said, you should have noticed that your team will need to fulfill 2 conditions:
1) Your team health must be >13333
2) You must be able to heal often and fast enough to keep yourself at full health.

For the above reasons, G Odin friends are always paired with strong healers leaders (Siren TE, Amaterasu Ohkami, archangel.) Hades takes 6 turns between each attack, so healing should be easy.

Alternatively, I would recommend building a dark team around SoD Lucifer friend. Lucifer's morning star will shave off at least 290K of Hades' health, and his 2x hp/rcv for dark monsters will help keep you alive.

Jagernaut

I need a lot of dragon plants and seeds to evolve ECO Shabo's so I can skill up Parvati. I've been running Tower of Trials on 1/2 stamina and I have been getting surprisingly good results. One run I got 2 plants, and it only cost 2 stamina.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I love how when you leave up a leader overnight that isn't a max level super monster, some of the PAD Facebook members will delete you. Ha.

I left my level 5x Freyer up on accident since I was running super emeralds. 5 people deleted me overnight. Hopefully it wasn't a Kirin or Satan user because that's what I need.

Jagernaut

I have max skilled 1 ADK and 1 CDK, and I have another 1 of each with no skillups (both around level 30). I doubt I will max skill the extra ones since the process is so tedious. I'm thinking about feeding the extras for awakenings before the ultimate evolutions arrive.

I can't remember the last time I needed to use 2 ADKs or 2 CDKs since I also have a max skilled Cu Chulainn and Duke Vampire Lord. I have so many team options now that I don't think I will miss them. Bad idea?

If you're really interested in getting the most of the game at first, reroll your account until one of the starters in the OP pops out. Seriously, Kirin/Horus/Bastet/AA Luci are all you need.
How do I reroll? Just delete the game? Can I sync my data between my iPad and iPhone?

Top Bottom