• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I agree about the King Slimes. That dungeon would be killer. Second choice would be Persephone skillups.

This US/NA godfest asks you if you want a lucifer or not IMO. Really was hoping for Chinese / something.

Amon37

Thank you x2 drop rate.

JwxFW7SuA1EpoPptNri8DsaTAbHfG0dmO7aUWLVOlMM

Jagernaut

*24 Hour Godfest Announcement*

[Duration]: 10/12, 8:00 PM - 10/13, 7:59 PM (PDT)
Angels and Japanese gods descend!

The Rare Egg Machine will have 3x Rates for Angels and Japanese gods. The event lasts 24 hours, so don't miss out!

The Metatrons and Odins will also be available.

I am skipping the godfest and saving my stones for Athena .

So I have the members of a 0-stone Athena team, just not the levels to push it above 20k.

Satan/ satan
D/ D hades
Hera-Is
King baddie
Duke vamp lord.

I am currently at 10k before friend leader, so probably 13-16k when she comes around.

I think I'll need four good matches and some cascades for Athena. My stalling on seigfried is going to have satan's active come up, would opening with that one move Athena to green life?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How do you play the satan team? Just lots of burst?

I've got just over 15k without my friend lead. I have some dark pengdra to feed Duke to get him to about 80, so that will definitely help. But yeah - no idea how to safely play the team.

Seriously considering just running a stall team on Athena, paying the seven stones on Gigas it will take to get two lolcannon hits in assuming i bring an echidna, and then cruise controlling the rest of the dungeon, which is extremely vulnerable to lucifer stall taems.

Only thing holding me back is that my current team cost is super low and I wouldn't be able to do anything decent with her for weeks at the earliest, so just waiting until she pops up again and taking her down with my Horus team ( who is both too under leveled and constrained by team cost to do this time around ) like I should be doing. Just throwing that out there as an option for people with some extra stones snce this godfest is kind of crappy.

Limit

I'm going for broke for Athena's dungeon and am going to roll with an Anubis team for the first time. Will bounce out of the dungeon if I end up burning 5 stones on the first wave. A Ra team is my backup plan.

On to puzzledragonx to friend some Anubis users.

I'm going for broke for Athena's dungeon and am going to roll with an Anubis team for the first time. Will bounce out of the dungeon if I end up burning 5 stones on the first wave. A Ra team is my backup plan.

I have a lvl50 unevo'd Anubis if you can't find anything else.

I'm going Ra/Ra is anyone puts up their highlevel Ra, just need to decide on the subs.

Tobe

got to beat sea cave mercury with helper karin and the isis, karin is such a good helper. the 3.5x atk is beast.

so tomorrow is godfest thank god i managed to farm 10 stones.

probably the thing i need he most is karin right now and keep grinding for ranks

I have a lvl50 unevo'd Anubis if you can't find anything else.

I'm going Ra/Ra is anyone puts up their highlevel Ra, just need to decide on the subs.
I might be using my maxed Ra if mono red doesn't work out. Stalling for gravity isn't really possible right? Since your guaranteed to deal damage to Siegfried?

I might be using my maxed Ra if mono red doesn't work out. Stalling for gravity isn't really possible right? Since your guaranteed to deal damage to Siegfried?

Need to get through Gigas in 3 turns other 99k damage, you'd have to eat a BUNCH of stones to charge through round 1

raiot

Are you sure you want Athena THIS bad?
Aren't 5 stones better used on super metal dragons? (It depends on your stamina)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've been trying to get 3 Dub-topalits today for my D/L Hades...In my 7 runs so far, I have earned 1 topalit, 1 amelit, and 5 mythlits. I don't like to complain about getting the one I usually NEVER have, but holy damn.

E: Holy shit, ANOTHER mythlit. :lol

Radav

This is what has me considering going with a Kirin team instead of Ra. I would need for us to get a set of gold dragons on Sunday or else my team might be a bit underleveled. I might give Byakko a shot too since it would be much easier to stall against Siegfried with that team.

raiot

Athena isn't worth 5 stones?

Athena is worth 5 stones. If 5 stones guarantee you the drop!
You said you would leave if you can't 5 stone it and your only "hope" achieving this is Anubis and sky combos? Sounds like a waste of stones to me...

Amon37

I've been trying to get 3 Dub-topalits today for my D/L Hades...In my 7 runs so far, I have earned 1 topalit, 1 amelit, and 5 mythlits. I don't like to complain about getting the one I usually NEVER have, but holy damn.

E: Holy shit, ANOTHER mythlit. :lol

opposite for me of course, I need amelit but have gotten 4 topalit on all 4 runs.

How do you play the satan team? Just lots of burst?

I've got just over 15k without my friend lead. I have some dark pengdra to feed Duke to get him to about 80, so that will definitely help. But yeah - no idea how to safely play the team.

all the monsters in Athena's dungeon heal you to full when you start battling them, so as long as you survive you get full healed.

That said, It's burst, lots of burst. you Charge Gravities on Siegfried (as he does not attack until you do) and then use the gravities to kill him.

Athena you have three turns as she casts a guard, then she has another move, then the pain begins. Since Dark does double damage to her first round you have 12.25 primary damage, and you pop Vamp and King Baddie (vamp adds more dark orbs, king baddie multiplies attack for devils time 3)

So you have 36.75 x your attack, both blue and dark, and dark is x2 on top of that because of the damage boost.

so 73.5 x your dark attack. that's a lot...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I hit 57 gold-yes, 57!-after poring tower skillups killed me.

Had to run weekend master even w/o event to recover. Was still good XP so I didn't mind w/ the usual Isis/Isis team.

Yikes - that's rough. I've still got just over 15k, so I can sort of clear my box of baby metals as they come in. But this weekend will have a few stones spent to "buy" gold. I think it's 2x gold for the weekend dungeon...I hope...

all the monsters in Athena's dungeon heal you to full when you start battling them, so as long as you survive you get full healed.

That said, It's burst, lots of burst. you Charge Gravities on Siegfried (as he does not attack until you do) and then use the gravities to kill him.

Athena you have three turns as she casts a guard, then she has another move, then the pain begins. Since Dark does double damage to her first round you have 12.25 primary damage, and you pop Vamp and King Baddie (vamp adds more dark orbs, king baddie multiplies attack for devils time 3)

So you have 36.75 x your attack, both blue and dark, and dark is x2 on top of that because of the damage boost.

so 73.5 x your dark attack. that's a lot...

OK, that's sort of what I figured. So Sieg round is the control. You need to be SUPER careful and not make any matches. Heh.

I should be able to have near max Satan and Duke, so my team should be average 90+ (not counting King Baddie). That will give me the HP, but I am a bit worried about charging gravities on Sieg, haha.

OK, that's sort of what I figured. So Sieg round is the control. You need to be SUPER careful and not make any matches. Heh.

I should be able to have near max Satan and Duke, so my team should be average 90+ (not counting King Baddie). That will give me the HP, but I am a bit worried about charging gravities on Sieg, haha.

when wrapping up CHU CHU, burn all the dark and blue orbs, and then drag the cascades to the bottom, I am good at burning 25+ turns without a red orb match for mystic masks/dubmyths/super metals, what's 10-15 more and avoiding blue and black?

that being said, I still think I am going to have to stone once or twice... RGG is scary, and i'm just not sure about siegfried...

Limit

Athena is worth 5 stones. If 5 stones guarantee you the drop!
You said you would leave if you can't 5 stone it and your only "hope" achieving this is Anubis and sky combos? Sounds like a waste of stones to me...

In my mind I automatically compare my efforts in Heavy metal dragon dungeon to all other new descended dungeons. Even If I end up burning 15 stones while testing out various combinations at Athena dungeon, at least she is a guaranteed drop. The same cannot be said for Heavy metal dragon dungeon, a challenge that I have yet to conquer. I have already burnt 13 stones there with nothing to show for it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
when wrapping up CHU CHU, burn all the dark and blue orbs, and then drag the cascades to the bottom, I am good at burning 25+ turns without a red orb match for mystic masks/dubmyths/super metals, what's 10-15 more and avoiding blue and black?

that being said, I still think I am going to have to stone once or twice... RGG is scary, and i'm just not sure about siegfried...

If I have to burn a few stones, I'm down. I want Athena - not because I'm going to USE her for sure, but I just want to have her. I like my Descended prizes. :3

Jagernaut

I ran the metal dragons dungeon 8 times in a row and got 6 kings and 1 Tamadra. My Rose Valkyrie now has 2 awakenings. Feels good.

I would love to skill up my drawn joker. a heart orb changer for Dark teams that would add to the HP/RCV up pool? I want one...

Flame Chaser? What is a Flame chaser?

Can't find the info on it, but it was a mob they added to the Red Mechdragon Dungeon. It has the same Active Skill as Suzaku. I forget what the leader skill does, though. Some kind of boost to physical types. Atk and HP maybe?

edit: This leader makes the Tengu dungeon less difficult, too. You can load up your subs with physical types and have gobs of HP.

So I'm coming up with terrible luck getting Dub-sapphilits out of the Friday dungeon and need to budget my stamina for the rest of the day to keep up with my ECO grinding schedule.

Just how bad is farming technicals that have them at 1.5x drop on Monday to get them? I just need a couple. I get Pengdra there as well so it sort of seems like a win/win.

So I'm coming up with terrible luck getting Dub-sapphilits out of the Friday dungeon and need to budget my stamina for the rest of the day to keep up with my ECO grinding schedule.

Just how bad is farming technicals that have them at 1.5x drop on Monday to get them? I just need a couple. I get Pengdra there as well so it sort of seems like a win/win.

you'll need to do the higher levels, don't exactly know at what point it switches from mythlits to dub-mythlits.

I've had good luck in the past with mythlits there though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Whereas MMBosstones86 has had good luck, I have never seen a mythlit in Tech dungeons. But the 1.5x on the other drops may be not terrible.

Honestly, the 2x drop is the best time to farm Friday dungeon. Go in with a mono-dark team with 2 poison and win. It's quick and painless. You're honestly better off farming Friday dungeon and being done with it.

Any thoughts about Haku or Horus for Athena? Seems like no one is using them. I don't have Kirin, and my Satan isn't evolved yet (and his subs aren't ready anyway).

xCobalt

Whereas MMBosstones86 has had good luck, I have never seen a mythlit in Tech dungeons. But the 1.5x on the other drops may be not terrible.

Honestly, the 2x drop is the best time to farm Friday dungeon. Go in with a mono-dark team with 2 poison and win. It's quick and painless. You're honestly better off farming Friday dungeon and being done with it.

I've seen a lot running tech dungeons. I only run through the first or second floors of the first 3 dungeons.

With enough dual element monsters, you don't even need poison.

cruise controlling through masks / jewel dungeons with liliths is awesome.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
cruise controlling through masks / jewel dungeons with liliths is awesome.

Yup - I keep 4 around because I don't have the heart to sell them. 2 max skilled, 2 level 1. It's just dumb and easy farming at this point.

E: I made some edits to the OP. Post 3 in particular (the quote) - I'd appreciate some feedback on if I should go ahead with the rewrite or not. Is it worth it/will anyone read it?

Am I the only one who just uses a standard mono color team to run Wednesday/Friday? As long as your HP is above 20k it's super safe. No point in wasting time charging poison when you can just brute force it.

I finally max-skilled my first Parvati, but I've been having horrible skill-up rates overall for this event. And it's a pain in the ass farming red Sprites to evo Salamanders for my Flare Drall. It takes 3 of them for each Salamander. I farmed 90 of the little shits when Dungeon of Fire was 1/2 stamina, and I still need 2 more skill-ups for Flare Drall. But I should complete its skill-up for sure. The only other monster I really want to skill-up is Fortoytops, of which I'm 0/11 so far. If I finish that off with time still left in the event, I may try to work on my second Parvati. I contemplated feeding the second one for an Awakening, but it's max leveled and I don't want to throw away 4mil+ exp. And Parvati's so good, it may be worth keeping 2 of her with max skills. I don't really care about Lakshmi yet, but I may as well skill her up since I have a ton of Penguins, and I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone farming for +eggs during 2x Blue Keeper on Tuesday, and using all the spare Keepers to evolve the Penguins. After all this farming, I only have 1 Eco Tiny, and I've never even seen a Dumpty.

As nice as a skilled Drawn Joker would be, I'd rather have the King Slimes. That may be the 0/5 King Shynee and 0/5 King Bubblie in me speaking, though.
Ouch! 10 King Dragons down the drain. I've thought about doing it myself. Their active skills are so powerful. I just cringe at the thought of how many King Dragons it would cost to max skill them.

Seems like Pierdra is currently over 1000 votes in the lead over Flame Chaser currently.

jacknicholsonyes.gif
Boooo! I already have a max-skilled, fully Awoken Jester. =P

But really, for everyone's sake I hope Pierdra wins. It's such a useful monster, and not just for Lucifer teams. It's Dark and Water and has Dragon and Devil types. It fits a lot of teams.

mercviper

Am I the only one who just uses a standard mono color team to run Wednesday/Friday? As long as your HP is above 20k it's super safe. No point in wasting time charging poison when you can just brute force it.

I run 2/4/2 for wed/fri if I do them. 5 turn orb changers > 10 turn poisons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Eh - I clear it with my Poison team in about 45 seconds, so it's no big deal.

Ducarmel

King of Dragons is kicking my butt I just want to clear it for a stone anybody got a light/dark resist up. I tried a Horus friend and I'm just not getting lucky with the orb matching in the final 2 dungeons so I'm just going to tank my way through it.

I used to brute force them until I max-skilled my 4 Witches. I've run them lots of times using both strategies and I personally find 10 turn poison to be consistently faster. The 10 turns goes by really quickly when you're simply making quick single matches to charge and then unleashing poison in every round thereafter. And I lead with Luci, so my HP sits around 20K, too. So I have the benefits of fast poison and safe HP.

Hmm ... looks like GH is skipping Ruby Dragons tomorrow and going back to Emeralds and Super Emeralds. Doesn't matter to me either way, but I wonder why.

Top Bottom