• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Radav

So I decided to use most of my stamina the last 2 days running tower of jewel for +eggs and the random dub-mythlit. I've actually done pretty well 6 + eggs and 3 dub mythlits in like 8 runs. Not bad overall.

Gold dragons tomorrow!!!!! Praying to god the time for this will be when I can do it. I really need to burn like 5 stones there.

Amon37

fuuuuuuck!

Not paying attention while playing at work and just wasted 50 stamina by choosing master level on a dungeon.

I'm crying.

coy

Tower of Jewels has been real kind with the +eggs. Only seen a few dubs but 1 did drop. Several more to go! Also glad to see gold dragons coming as I got a boatload of pengdras just begging to be fed.

hermit7

So I have apparently hit a wall and I am really just unsure how to continue. I have a few good monsters. Horus and Isis from the starting like fest but I need to get some stronger subs for higher level dungeons.

Advice?

The other issue is that my team cost is around 40 so Horus is 20 and Isis is 20 and so I can't use both.

So I have apparently hit a wall and I am really just unsure how to continue. I have a few good monsters. Horus and Isis from the starting like fest but I need to get some stronger subs for higher level dungeons.

Advice?

The other issue is that my team cost is around 40 so Horus is 20 and Isis is 20 and so I can't use both.
It's the weekend, so grind Tower of Giants stage 3 while it's half off stamina for easy rank ups.

I finally beat a true Expert level dungeon!!!! WOOOOO! My team is finally coming together it seems. Beat Ancient Wood Dragon - Expert level, couldn't before. I use my friends Flaming Serpent God, Hino Kagutsuchi or another green globe dude or another Artemis. Ran through it without much problem actually! Was pumped.

Trying to beat it as many times as possible in the off chance I can get that boss drop to happen, that would rock. Would def. want that for my mono green team.

My best current team ... I use this one when I need that boost in health, using a more attack oriented friend. I just switch out Artemis and the Snow Globe dragon when I want more attack power.

9R65aQkl.png

I am making it a point to check my E team times for when to get in and run the metal / emerald / etc. dragon dungeons. Tons of experience lately, and gotten a few of the awakening eggs.

I just realized tomorrow is the perfect time for me to roll for a GrOdin on a second device, to use for Zaerog farming. It's Godfest and there's the guaranteed TAMADRA dungeon. Roll until I get GrOdin, then clear the TAMADRA dungeon for an instant Awakening! Just posting this in case anyone else wants to do it, also.

I just realized tomorrow is the perfect time for me to roll for a GrOdin on a second device, to use for Zaerog farming. It's Godfest and there's the guaranteed TAMADRA dungeon. Roll until I get GrOdin, then clear the TAMADRA dungeon for an instant Awakening! Just posting this in case anyone else wants to do it, also.

I was thinking the dungeon was going to appear each day heh. Seems to be a 1 time thing. Disappointed, but I am glad you can simply feed the same guys into each other to do an awakening and not always have to have one of those eggs.

Took maybe an hour to build another heavy infantry hobgoblin to awaken that guy, same with the hellwind demon

coy

I was debating between G.Odin and Bastet before committing to feeding G.Odin. Would love to get 2 for her for the time extension, but those Awakening skills for G.Odin are real hard to pass up. Just wish I came across the little buggers more often.

Advice?

Your "big break" (no pun intended) will be to get to the point where you can finish the Two Heroes dungeon and (eventually) Valkyrie and Hera-Is. That's a long way off though, until then rank up in Tower of Giants on the weekend and try to farm/skill up a vampire and an naga.

Isis and Horus both want mostly the same kind of monsters on their teams-hard hitting multicolored monsters with the ability to remove hearts from the board.

is ECO going 2x drop today? I don't see it on PDX listed, just the two dragon dungeons. If so, I'm wondering if I can get a near 100% drop rate on Tiny on Master. I'm still three skillups away on my Venus.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Pretty much just Cacti.

When I checked last night PDX did say it was 2x, but you're right, it doesn't now. PAD Guide still lists it though.

Probably Expert then. If you don't care about the boss drops, I think 2x on Expert is 100% drop rate for non-boss mobs. I think...

So this is my current Athena team. Paired with a max awoken Satan, that's 80% chance of +orbs, which is nice. But I'm still worried about Sieg. Viable?

yYQ1Nhz.jpg

Your "big break" (no pun intended) will be to get to the point where you can finish the Two Heroes dungeon and (eventually) Valkyrie and Hera-Is. That's a long way off though, until then rank up in Tower of Giants on the weekend and try to farm/skill up a vampire and an naga.

Isis and Horus both want mostly the same kind of monsters on their teams-hard hitting multicolored monsters with the ability to remove hearts from the board.

Why those 2 monsters?

I have both a Naga and Vampire ( enhanced to Vampire Lord (?) ) but see no usage in my mono green team atm.

Been building up a mono-blue team as this game seems to love fire enemies.

until then rank up in Tower of Giants on the weekend and try to farm/skill up a vampire and an naga.

that was said earlier. Was curious why those 2 were mentioned, since I have both ( comment not directed toward me )

Why those 2 monsters?

I have both a Naga and Vampire ( enhanced to Vampire Lord (?) ) but see no usage in my mono green team atm.

Been building up a mono-blue team as this game seems to love fire enemies.

Naga's final form (Empress of Serpents, Echidna) is one of the most important subs in the game, maybe even THE most important. It's a bit of a pain, but everyone should max skill an Echidna. As for Vamp, he is extremely useful on alot of teams, including mono dark and Egyptian combo teams.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
that was said earlier. Was curious why those 2 were mentioned, since I have both ( comment not directed toward me )

Oooh - well Echidna/Naga is arguably the single best sub in the entire game. Having a max skilled Echidna is game changing.

A max skilled Duke Vamp is a nice addition to a mono-dark team because of his heart breaker ability.

E: Beaten and confirmed!

haha nice, well I will have to work on my Naga then. Think I have it maxxed on first form, will need to farm the items needed for the upgrade once I get done with this emerald dragon dungeon that is up. 5x Kings so far!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
haha nice, well I will have to work on my Naga then. Think I have it maxxed on first form, will need to farm the items needed for the upgrade once I get done with this emerald dragon dungeon that is up. 5x Kings so far!

Take your time with her. She's a bitch - like, max skilling a gravity is hard because there's a LOT of levels and it's a descended drop (Hera being the best gravity fodder). Skilling an Echidna is hard because getting her to drop is mind-numbing. Having a max skilled Echidna is sort of a luxury, but if you're at all serious about PAD (which is humorous to say, but some of us are!), she's a must have.

Take your time with her. She's a bitch - like, max skilling a gravity is hard because there's a LOT of levels and it's a descended drop (Hera being the best gravity fodder). Skilling an Echidna is hard because getting her to drop is mind-numbing. Having a max skilled Echidna is sort of a luxury, but if you're at all serious about PAD (which is humorous to say, but some of us are!), she's a must have.

I've been hoping for a legendary wood dragon drop but doesn't look promising. I thought I saw tomorrow is a 2x chance for it? Don't think I have unlocked any Naga farming zones yet.

I'm currently at ...

Tower of Nature - Normal
Blazing Highway - Technical

Haven't ran the technical dungeons in a long time, may give those a shot here soon.

xCobalt

Probably Expert then. If you don't care about the boss drops, I think 2x on Expert is 100% drop rate for non-boss mobs. I think...

So this is my current Athena team. Paired with a max awoken Satan, that's 80% chance of +orbs, which is nice. But I'm still worried about Sieg. Viable?
]

Satan doesn't have that ability. It's ability is extra damage when clearing a row

razterik

So no ECO 2x drop then. I wish I had known that earlier. I definitely would have gone on and run emerald dragons.

Now we know why they gave us Legendary Flame as well. So dumb. JP gets random 2x and 1.5x on multiple special dungeons all the time and we can't even get a commonly scheduled rate increase? Was going to stone a bit for this, but not going to bother now.

Ducarmel

To get a stone in special dungeon you need to do all the stages even int and expert?

I just cleared Master Flame Dragon and was surprised I did not get one, but I did not do the easier dungeons.

Ergh, no Echidna drop on Legenday Flame Dragon, Hellfire-Master. I was really hoping that would be assured, I'd trade 50 stam for a guaranteed echidna drop to try to skillups all day.

Why sweet Jesus!
I needed a kirin..
First roll, angelion..
OK...
A econd roll, angelion...
Luke... Wtf..
Third roll, angelion..
Ffffffffffffuuuu rng!
Tomorrow both metatron AMD Lucifer fan appear right?
I'll jeep my last 5 roll for them...

Zero_IYAD

So in the past hour:
- Beat Legendary Flame Dragon on Master & got the drop, zero stones used, got a stone for clearing the dungeon.. not bad.
- Ran Emerald Dragons 6 times, 2 Tamadras sighted, both dropped! With that I managed to Max awoken my Siren! -Hope I made the right choice starting with her-
- Evolved my Parvati to the Golden Goddess & pushed her to Lvl 27, Fed her 3 Eco Chabo Alma -god! evolving the cacti to those girls burn your flowers/plants/seeds away!- , got 1 Skill Up.. She's at Skill Lvl 3 now.
Not bad at all.

Am sitting on 10 stones right now, gonna use them on Valkyrie tomorrow till she drops on Legend, hoping it won't take as long as Goemon did =__=
Those who have Max levelled SoD Lucifer please put him up once her dungeon starts tomorrow.

Ducarmel

Ergh, no Echidna drop on Legenday Flame Dragon, Hellfire-Master. I was really hoping that would be assured, I'd trade 50 stam for a guaranteed echidna drop to try to skillups all day.

I just did it a second time 0-2, I'm contemplating doing it a third time at the cost of maybe missing out on Revenge of the Emerald Dragons!

Yeah, all stages for the stone.
I guess I will do it later not wasting my stamina on it now.

razterik

Cosmos Venus done. 5/33. Any reason to bother skilling Chaos Venus when I have Yomi? Can't think of anywhere I would use her and need her skill.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do you choose which skill of the 3 you get or is it random?

You get them in order from top to bottom.

SOD Lucifer
Chaos Dragon Knight
Duke Vampire Lord

which of these is worth using the Tamadra on?

Luci has terrible awakenings. CDK and Duke both have good level 2 awakening (with the enhanced dark orb). Pronged attack is the better of the level 1 awakes IMHO. But it depends on who you're going to use more.

Tobe

through the power of grinding i over came the fact that i pulled before godfest and had shit pulls. not even a fucking car crash (in the afternoon est i hit a car while backing up shit was stupid tho i got me angry as fuck)

now im in castle of satan fuck yeah. i thank god i made like 4 byakko friends that 3.5x is amazing.

suko_32

My pulls on my alt:

1) Titan
2) Toyceratops
3) Green Golem

Also I forgot my Horus isn't evolved yet on this account and fed it a Tamadra. lol oops.

Flambe

Goddamn Godfest pulls..

1. Succubus
2. Vampire
3. Earth Golem
4. Drall
5. Viper Orochi (guess I won't slit my wrists)
6. Toytops

Man, at least not another cupid I guess

Top Bottom