• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

BlueSteel

Finally got zaerog! Doesn't seem as cool as before all the burst monsters though

I've tapped out all the normal and tech dungeons. What do you guys do to play through the non-event periods?

daemissary

Finally got zaerog! Doesn't seem as cool as before all the burst monsters though

I've tapped out all the normal and tech dungeons. What do you guys do to play through the non-event periods?

Usually spend that time farming OoH or Starlight Sanctuary for Mystic Masks or Dubs respectively. Much harder to motivate myself to do that though.

Off event supers? This is awesome! If you are referring to the color sorting, it's less stupid than using the third digit...

Well, the important distinction is that it happens in addition to whatever the metal dragon of the day is.

fair enough. I guess it pisses me off more that PAD doesn't tell you when these dungeons are happening and requires external tools to check yourself.

This week, it's play Ace Attorney 5, which is probably not the ideal answer.

But yeah, otherwise, OoH or SS farming. Maybe even weekend dungeon for coins.

personally i think they should introduce something where high end players can farm..
Say build something like
"challenge the descended"..
you get a 1 per day chance..
cost 60 stamina..
you get thrown in a random descended, at mythical difficulty..
No loot, no coin.. simply if you win you get 1 rem stone... available one try per day and the descended is RANDOM on a per player base..
it's a brutal waste of 60 stamina, with a 1 rem stone if you win, 60 stam lost if you fail..
since you don't know the descend before hand, it's a pure gamble..
say you end up in take minakata dungeon with a monodark team or a byakko team XD

Well,if they create che say brodora aka a tamadora that does guaranteed skillup i'd be more than happy ti max skill my mobs, but i missed a lot of last collab so i'm out of luck

Zero_IYAD

I finally beat King of the Gods clearing Starlight Sanctuary & reaching the last Normal Dungeon; Legendary Earth

mc63t.gif

Totakeke

Okay, this is my first time playing this game, read the OP, and I've rerolled until I got Artemis, and 5 levels after I got Parvati. So I'm feeling that this is awesome enough and I'm good to go.

Now what am I supposed to do in the game? Just keep playing until I run out of Stamina, and then mass feed my monsters 5 at a time to max level and just keep levelling and evolving, is that it? Should I bother with the special dungeons yet?

And should I stack monsters in my team in the same secondary element or spread it out? Artemis is pretty much murdering everything but when I have no wood orbs it takes forever.

xCobalt

Okay, this is my first time playing this game, read the OP, and I've rerolled until I got Artemis, and 5 levels after I got Parvati. So I'm feeling that this is awesome enough and I'm good to go.

Now what am I supposed to do in the game? Just keep playing until I run out of Stamina, and then mass feed my monsters 5 at a time to max level and just keep levelling and evolving, is that it? Should I bother with the special dungeons yet?

And should I stack monsters in my team in the same secondary element or spread it out? Artemis is pretty much murdering everything but when I have no wood orbs it takes forever.

Those are great starting rolls. Those 2 will work pretty well together on a team.

That's pretty much it. Note that monsters receive 1.5x the exp if they are fed the same element. The only special dungeon you can probably handle right now is the Novice level of Weekend Dungeon.

Early on, you're kind of forced to spread your team out. Monocolour can be tough early on because either: not enough same coloured monsters, team cost is too high or a particular dungeon will resist your damage. In your case, a fire dungeon may be rather difficult.

With a small number of exceptions the Special dungeons are a complete waste of stamina; the stamina/EXP ratio is poor and you may not even have the capability to beat many of them at your point in the game. Your stamina better spent playing through the normal dungeon progression (up until like Fire Forest Nerva you will almost always gain a level before you even run out of stamina) until you beat the Castle of Satan.

Totakeke

Those are great starting rolls. Those 2 will work pretty well together on a team.

That's pretty much it. Note that monsters receive 1.5x the exp if they are fed the same element. The only special dungeon you can probably handle right now is the Novice level of Weekend Dungeon.

Early on, you're kind of forced to spread your team out. Monocolour can be tough early on because either: not enough same coloured monsters, team cost is too high or a particular dungeon will resist your damage. In your case, a fire dungeon may be rather difficult.

With a small number of exceptions the Special dungeons are a complete waste of stamina; the stamina/EXP ratio is poor and you may not even have the capability to beat many of them at your point in the game. Your stamina better spent playing through the normal dungeon progression (up until like Fire Forest Nerva you will almost always gain a level before you even run out of stamina) until you beat the Castle of Satan.

Thanks! I'll see where this game brings me.

Ducarmel

I'm like 0 for seven on mystic mask on OoH

But I got a blue and light Carbuncle to drop I did not even know they could drop.

from /vg/

OVHDBQz.png
Eh..
Luci WANT
Dark metatron could use
Hades have already
Kushinada hime could use
Kirin have already
Odin1. Could use
Tomi could use
Horus have already
Orochi WANT
haku WANT
Baste could use
Neptune could use
Amaterasu eh....
Umisachi&yamasachi have already..
Odin2 could use

So for me it's mostly luci, haku and Orochi..
If i get those three i'm happy..
Luci for luci tank team, haku for spike alternative to kirin, Orochi as a second delay for ra team :p

chrono01

I have 9 saved up and I'm about to level. I can't decide if that will be enough to get those last two skillups or if I should just keep going just in case.
Given the odds of myself getting the skill-up's necessary, farm as many of them as you can, IMO. The game will likely be very cruel in giving you the increases. I'm just thankful I have it over and done with!

Oh, don't forget to get an additional four if you want to keep three for Awakening your main Drawn Joker as well as a fourth the keep around in-case you want a low-cost sub.

Hunter x Hunter collaboration? Damn it, I wish we'd get things like that.

i have 15 drawn jokers and a skill level 4. i feel i do not need to farm anymore jokers. would you agree or disagree? I'd like to save my stamina for metal dragon's.

i have 15 drawn jokers and a skill level 4. i feel i do not need to farm anymore jokers. would you agree or disagree? I'd like to save my stamina for metal dragon's.

Average skill ups is 1/5 on 2x skill up event, you could hit a bad streak and go. 0/10 (I know I have). I would save a few more. Better to feed away after max skill than be 1 skill up short.

OK, Gunma collab... Should I max skill all three of my susanos? Is that a smart idea?

razterik

Average skill ups is 1/5 on 2x skill up event, you could hit a bad streak and go. 0/10 (I know I have). I would save a few more. Better to feed away after max skill than be 1 skill up short.

OK, Gunma collab... Should I max skill all three of my susanos? Is that a smart idea?

If you can do it, you get an infinite half damage team. You probably won't use it that often though. I would max skill one and then decide from there. Keep in mind that you have to evolve the drops for skill up.

chrono01

One really can't say since it's all based on luck. You could, potentially max-skill him on every feed you do, or perhaps none at all. There's really no way to say for sure until you try.

While 15 should be enough, you never can be too cautious. But then, the dungeon will come back eventually, so if you're a skill-point away you could always do it then.

Zero_IYAD

Except it's based off the latest Japanese Hunter X Hunter film, so it's even less likely that the US version will get it than if it were simply based off the manga (especially considering the US version hasn't even gotten the Evangelion collaboration yet).
Guh that's really annoying!
We're getting weird stuff like Gunma collab yet no Eva collab news -I know about copy rights issues between different countries but this sucks-.
The 1st HxH movie was about the Spiders & their old #4 member, no idea what the 2nd's story'll be.
Either way, HxH collab sounds neat :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I'm still at slvl 1 for my DJ, so I'm planning for the worst. Ideally, I'd max skill a Pierdra for cost limited dungeons, but gonna start with DJ. So at about 1/5 for 6 skill-ups, I need to have 30 MINIMUM for 1 max skill. I'm up to 21.

One nice thing about running this dungeon straight is that I've been able to acquire some Wicked Ladies (I'm up to 8 of these). Leveling them has been easy, too - SO many dark demons/devils to feed.

Back to vegging and grinding.

E: 36 Pierdra before I couldn't do it anymore.

Top Bottom