• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Tobe

i dont know how the fuck i havent got a single siren yet. holy crap.

echidna <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 holy fuck so useful :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Congrats! I'll be taking the FE next fall probably. I'm really not looking forward to it.

Honestly, if you didn't slack off during your time at school, you'll pass the FE without trying. I literally studied for 30 minutes the night before the FE.

Also, I'm up to 20 leeks. Need more leeks! Since Susano is only 5 skillups to max, I'll probably pick up about 80-90. That should max skill both of my Susanos and have enough for a third in case I ever pull another, haha. On top of that, I may actually try and gather enough mats to max skill my Gabriel.

quin

Has anyone closed their game mid dungeon only to return with the game having crashed while kicking you out of the dungeon and taking your stamina?

It just happened to me in the rainbow keeper dungeon >_<

Has anyone closed their game mid dungeon only to return with the game having crashed while kicking you out of the dungeon and taking your stamina?

only time i've had that happen is when i quit the before the dungeon fully loaded (black screen before enemies show up).

I frequently quit 'mid' battle and havn't had any issues with that.

Just got two more tamadras in 2 emerald dungeon runs. Should I feed them to Duke Vampire Lord? He seems to have the same skills as CDK which is who I gave them to in the first place and the plus orbs work out well enough. My other options are SoD Luci or Byakko. But His awoken skills suck and I rarely ever use Byakko on my main teams.

This apparently has been happening as of late on Android devices; haven't heard of it happening on iOS... yet.

The only relatively similar thing that's ever happened to me is I once absentmindedly close the app in the middle of a combo. When I opened it later, the game didn't count the combo, but it took my turn and the enemy attacked and killed me. I'm pretty sure it was a SS Zeus run that had yielded at least one +egg. That was super frustrating.

Totakeke

For friend's list your goal is to fill it with leaders you want to use for dungeons right?

For powering up monsters, is it a bad idea to feed it cheap/weak monsters? Should you sell those fodders instead? I constantly find myself lacking gold because I just keep fusing whenever I run out of box space.

And if you're running a mono-color team and have problems in a dungeon of the element strong to you, do you just build another team to counter that?

Ducarmel

For friend's list your goal is to fill it with leaders you want to use for dungeons right?

For powering up monsters, is it a bad idea to feed it cheap/weak monsters? Should you sell those fodders instead? I constantly find myself lacking gold because I just keep fusing whenever I run out of box space.

And if you're running a mono-color team and have problems in a dungeon of the element strong to you, do you just build another team to counter that?

Friendlist yeah you want to be friends with people that have good leaders and if you have a good leader the more likely chance a friend will choose you and give you points.

As for feeding trash mobs look at the exp gained to cost ratio, if your spending more money then exp gained maybe you should sell them or feed it to monsters that get more exp then coin cost.
Once it cost to much to feed trash mobs to your monster you should start feeding it jewel dragons and pengdras
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...MCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit#heading=h.up6onwl1r0ca

As for mono color teams yes its beneficial to use a team that takes advantage of the dungeon weakness but usually its better to build a strong mono color team that can take on must of the dungeons before you think of making another the only exception I have to this is if you can build a strong alternative very quickly.

Yes. And when you need to tackle a particularly difficult dungeon it helps to be able to blanket ask people to put up certain leaders for you. hint hint

Rule of thumb is that the total amount of EXP you get off a feed should not exceed the cost in gold to perform the feeding. Also keep in mind that the amount of EXP any particular monster gives is also a function of its level. One strategy is to feed a bunch of low value fodder to a monster that scales well with level, then feed that powered up monster to your target. The carbuncles that start dropping pre-evolved starting with Fire Forest Nerva are a pretty good sink for fodder.

Yes. If you have the leaders for it you can also consider building a mono-light or mono-dark team, as those two attributes are not resisted by anything.

P.S. if you're ever considering fully evolving the Daruma to the map of Japan (why), do note that you need two each of the three evo mats that drop from the collab,

thetechkid

So is there any pattern to when Scarlet Snake Princess shows up? Would really like to pick up an Echidna, but I'm having as much luck farming for her as I am for Titan.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what appears to be the most reliable team to run the twinlit dungeon so far?

There's either crazy spike or crazy tank. I think any build will potentially cost 1-2 stones with unlucky binds or orb trolling. Max skilled Echidna is required on most teams on YouTube.

Damn starting to really like using Byako. I think I'm gonna try maxing her and going with,

Byako, Byaoko, Echinda, CDK/Vamp, Hera ur, Byako for an every day team and save my mono dark Lucifer team for harder dungeons.

J0dy77

Hey all, been out of pocket (on vacation this week). Am I missing anything with these Gunma mobs? The boss seems useless outside of the cheap heal and the rest seem skillup lesser mobs. Will be nice to try and skillup susano though.

Any mention on when we're getting the ultimate evo for viper and the rest ?

*checks Gold time slot*

fuck-this-and-this.gif

2 days straight of unrunnable Super dragons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hey all, been out of pocket (on vacation this week). Am I missing anything with these Gunma mobs? The boss seems useless outside of the cheap heal and the rest seem skillup lesser mobs. Will be nice to try and skillup susano though.

Any mention on when we're getting the ultimate evo for viper and the rest ?

Really, you just want to gather up enough leeks to skillup Susano. Having 4 extras around for cost limited dungeons also can't hurt.

But otherwise, yeah - the other mobs are just skillups for the dragons nobody really uses anymore. Not really worth the trouble.

My supers are at 9PM and I've yet to get sucky times that I can remember, you guys that get BS times often live on the east coast?

midwest....but EST.

Trolled pretty regularly on these 'one time a day' dungeons. They generally occur between 11pm and 3am...rendering them pretty useless.

Both super metals and golds were at 1am. pretty shitty.

Ducarmel

My supers are at 9PM and I've yet to get sucky times that I can remember, you guys that get BS times often live on the east coast?

East coast guy here, I guess we need to somehow get gungho to provide another feature to the game. The ability to change groups.

Last night grinded to get a stamina refresh before super king metal, i thought I would get gungtrolled but on my second run got the best run i ever had in this dungeon

I bet that means I'm screwed tonight on super king gold.

Uthred

Not really sure what to do with my ipad account, I play it a fair bit less than my main account, been grinding along Ok with mono-black lead by Persephone. But running into issues with later dungeons and considering switching to Meimei, is she any good? Considering she's Dark/Light/Wood I was thinking Meimei | Persephone | Baal or Indra | Cu | ? | F Leader

Heres what I have in my box at the moment

J0dy77

Yeah, east coast gets screwed. No clue why they don't fix this since it is the US version of the game. Just costing themselves money in the long run.

Ducarmel

Not really sure what to do with my ipad account, I play it a fair bit less than my main account, been grinding along Ok with mono-black lead by Persephone. But running into issues with later dungeons and considering switching to Meimei, is she any good? Considering she's Dark/Light/Wood I was thinking Meimei | Persephone | Baal or Indra | Cu | ? | F Leader

Heres what I have in my box at the moment

Later dungeon like the 6 star ones?

Meimei is great but she like Karin don't get much love because they need a REM only delay monster. Okuninushi, Time Mage (cd collab rem), Batman (batman REM).

But the best MeiMei team I have seen is Meimei | Athena | Valk | Dark Metatron | Meimei | friend leader. Can swap out second meimei for Susano if you need his skill or with dark light Hades if you need gravity.

Persephone does not fit well with Meimei her skill is at odds with Meimei's leader skill.

Uthred

Later dungeon like the 6 star ones?

Meimei is great but she like Karin don't get much love because they need a REM only delay monster. Okuninushi, Time Mage (cd collab rem), Batman (batman REM).

But the best MeiMei team I have seen is Meimei | Athena | Valk | Dark Metatron | Meimei | friend leader. Can swap out second meimei for Susano if you need his skill or with dark light Hades if you need gravity.

Persephone does not fit well with Meimei her skill is at odds with Meimei's leader skill.

Yeah the 5/6 star dungeons and the later descended ones, usually seems ot be lacking in damage, suppose maxing my dark subs could take care of that.

Unfortunate that MeiMei's subs are REM only, though if I got Okuninushi I dont think I'd bother with MeiMei ;) Suppose I'll use Vampire Duke or Awoken Hera instead of Persephone until I get something better.

Pacman2k

Was finally able to take down Zeus with a double [green] brodin team. What a slog though. Definitely do not consider that a "farm" team, but works for just trying to get past it.

only 'consistent' farm team i've found for SS Zeus is a 2x Haku team with max Echidna and 2 gravs.

High levels needed....and even then, stalling is kind of a pain.

Tobe

peXZDtel.png

current box. so many things to evolve, probably gonna try to busty tyranno to make a mono red team, and evolve vamp. ill take care of I&I and lakshmi next week.

i really gotta make my 60 stam count dammit why is rainbow keeper 30 stam ugh.
also whats the point of shaitan? that monsters seems useless (has a cool pic tho, only reason i evolved him)
any recommendations?

Tobe

I just started and after a few rerolls I pulled Ra. What do I do?

like the noob guide explain, ra is a monster which (i at least) find somewhat hard to master, you need to be REALLY good at combos.

best advice, back it up and try to reroll a couple of more times.

Ducarmel

Ra is great he is a top tier god if you can use him but he is probably one of the most difficult leaders to use for new players.

@Tobe be aware 2x is off there is a high chance Rainbow Keeper will not drop.

Message to newer players : hoard your + eggs to use on useful monsters.

I just started and after a few rerolls I pulled Ra. What do I do?

while very difficult to use and requires lack of trolling, Ra can clear most of the descended dungeons.

I have a few spots left : 397532290.

Mainly run Valk, Ur, Haku

only 'consistent' farm team i've found for SS Zeus is a 2x Haku team with max Echidna and 2 gravs.

High levels needed....and even then, stalling is kind of a pain.
I would consider the Goemon team with Lucifer just as consistent as long as you have the RCV to stall. Heart cascades are a pain but unless you get two in the same run (which is very rare) there isn't a lot of danger.

Top Bottom