• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

linsivvi

I plan to use the following team against Draggie:

Moondragon D'spinas
Dark Golem Mk II
Dark Dragon Knight
Echidna
Pierdrawn/Leek/Dub-Mythlit
D/D Batman

raiot

I will also run Batman for Draggie.
I ponder about max skilling him, but I dont think he is really worth it... I have a Zaerog team but I don't think he enables it to do descendends...

razterik

Didn't miss much - no invades at all, so super rate was generally poor.

Mastering getting poison resist and red orb enhance. Meh. Still, awakenings are spreading out through most of the collab monsters. Guess we will see CoC, Batman, etc get them eventually.

New breath and heal skill updates:
Pirate Dragon series: Reduce received dmg for 1 turn

Sky Dragon series: reduced enemy's def for 1 turn

Minerva: same as sky dragons but more effective

Kagu: same as minerva but more effective

Cupid, Isis: bind recovery 1 turn

Araune: bind recovery 3 turns

L.metatron: bind recovery 2 turns

Ama: full bind recovery (poor forgotten Ceres, lol)

Sengoku Dragon series: monsters that share same subtype have atk increases for 2 turns

PADZ hourai: dragon type has atk increase for 2 turns

Starter Dragons series: monsters that share same element have atk increase for 2 turns

Legendary Dragon series: same as starter dragons but 4 turns

Ancient Dragon Series: heal 500 hp

Mech Dragon series: enhance orbs (same element)

Meteor Volcano Dragon: dark orbs > fire orbs

Crystal Aurora Dragon: light > water

Graviton Earth Dragon: Dark > wood

Lightning Holy Dragon: water > light

Chaos Devil Dragon: water > dark

(Following is orb change with counter activation, I think. FA Lucifer still ignored, haha.)

Belial: wood > fire

Amon: fire > water

Astaroth: light > wood

Baal: water > light

Anubis: wood > dark

quin

I was going through my box today and sorted it by level. To my surprise I have quite a few maxed light monsters. I'm not sure how that happened.

13867659147240ikd8e.jpg

Jagernaut

Yeah. Just finished my Super Gold hour. 47 runs with no invades

Final tally:

29 Super Kings
52 Kings
154 Highs

29 Super Kings = 60% drop rate on the boss round.

I still think it was worth running. I got over 3mil gold just for running the dungeon. I averaged around 75K gold per run.

What team do you use to run it fast?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I ended up getting like 8 runs in last night before I was too tired to continue. I ended up with 6 Super Golds, so that's not terrible. Given how rare these damn things are, though...I'll probably hold two of them to evo Zeus when Twinlits come around.

Also, what's the point of Draggie? His stats look like garbage, and his cost is too high for any of the cost limited dungeons.

razterik

You could build a dragon team with a one turn boost? But then you would be using dragons, so... Even these new updates are not that great when you consider how long the skill timers are on most breath attacks.

Minerva's update is potentially useful, the arch demons are great if we ever get skill ups for them, and the bind reduction heals can be life savers in some cases, assuming the monster isn't bound or is Light Tron/Amaterasu.

Kreed

I will TRY and come up with a team, but I'm not going to stress if I can't. The free stone is nice, but not worth wasting XP on a shitty team for a shitty monster.

He's "supposed" to operate like the King Slimes but for Dragons. Useful for people running Dragon leads like Dragon Knight and Zaerog, but otherwise you're better off going with the other types.

Also a little clarification for what razterik posted, those new buffs work with the active skill of the monster. So for example when Isis uses heal, it also bind recovers. I was kind of hoping the breath skills would get a power increase, but enhanced orbs/multipliers are nice depending on how much of an increase they are (I'm guessing x1.5 or 2 max).

razterik

Yeah, all those updates are in addition to the current active skill. I imagine the orb enhances are similar to the current ones, ie all orbs of that color on the board gain +. The 2 turn type/element damage is "slightly" so 20% increase like Monster Hunter and Robin?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Don't forget that Meijer has 20% off ALL gift cards today if you sign up for a free mperks account (it's like a Kroger card for Meijer). So you guys on Android can finally get some discounted Google Play cards!

Kreed

Yeah, all those updates are in addition to the current active skill. I imagine the orb enhances are similar to the current ones, ie all orbs of that color on the board gain +. The 2 turn type/element damage is "slightly" so 20% increase like Monster Hunter and Robin?

I'm guessing that will be it, because they can't have the active skill outclass the Norse Gods. It's still pretty nice though, especially for those who are still running the Starters for mono colored teams. The dragon orb changers are very nice too.

Fully Awakened Ammy is now an amazing sub for Twinlits since the floor 1 Mythlits will now never attack and instead endlessly and futilely attempt to bind her. Once Shower of Healing goes online and you've charged up all your actives, clear the binds on the rest of your team and go to town.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fully Awakened Ammy is now an amazing sub for Twinlits since the floor 1 Mythlits will now never attack and instead endlessly and futilely attempt to bind her. Once Shower of Healing goes online and you've charged up all your actives, clear the binds on the rest of your team and go to town.

Wait, what? This sounds amazing.

Don't forget that Meijer has 20% off ALL gift cards today if you sign up for a free mperks account (it's like a Kroger card for Meijer). So you guys on Android can finally get some discounted Google Play cards!

is this in the us? uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i might just bite :L
so a 50 usd card would be 40 usd?

quin

They bind one color per turn. If you don't have that color they attack. An all light team will be attacked four times before everyone is bound on the fifth turn.

fyi : Haku totally facerolls the Mystic Ice Dragon dungeon. Havn't tried the highest difficulty with it yet, but worked on the first 3 levels without any stalling.

chrono01

It appears as though we're getting Puzzdroid again tomorrow. Considering I missed out on it originally, this pleases me greatly. d(^_^)v

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
fyi : Haku totally facerolls the Mystic Ice Dragon dungeon. Havn't tried the highest difficulty with it yet, but worked on the first 3 levels without any stalling.

I was actually thinking of trying it again with Haku. I've been farming it with mono-blue, but a quicker clear would be nice. Mono-blue takes me about 10-15 minutes. Need to max skill my Gabriel!

Tobe

Is it worth it to awaken my wchidna or do I just wait for better monsters.

4th run, it finally dropped just need 1 more mask.

What team do you use to run it fast?
I use the same team for all Super Jewel/Metal runs.

DkWhiskey/DkWhiskey/LtWhiskey/LtWhiskey/GolemMK3/any helper

All are max level/skill/awoken. That means I can proc Golem's Armor Break no later than turn 6 and proceed to sweep the dungeon. With only 4 Whiskeys, that means I need to manually attack 1 round of High Dragons and nuke the rest. The only risk is a first round invasion, but this team has over 20K HP and pretty good RCV due to the Whiskey Dragons having good RCV for Dragons. So it's not hard to survive 5 turns before I can proc Golem and nuke a first round Super King.

Is it worth it to awaken my wchidna or do I just wait for better monsters.

4th run, it finally dropped just need 1 more mask.

not favorable. As rare as Tamadaras are, it's best to use them on REM only monsters. It's probably quicker to level up 3 Echiladas than it would take to get 3 Tamdaras to drop.

i have no idea how you spell the stupid things.

Jagernaut

All are max level/skill/awoken. That means I can proc Golem's Armor Break no later than turn 6 and proceed to sweep the dungeon. With only 4 Whiskeys, that means I need to manually attack 1 round of High Dragons and nuke the rest. The only risk is a first round invasion, but this team has over 20K HP and pretty good RCV due to the Whiskey Dragons having good RCV for Dragons. So it's not hard to survive 5 turns before I can proc Golem and nuke a first round Super King.

Interesting, so the whiskey dragons don't need to be max skilled for this setup, just the armor breaker.

what is a whiskey dragon?

Interesting, so the whiskey dragons don't need to be max skilled for this setup, just the armor breaker.
Yes. I max skilled my Whiskeys anyway, but it's not necessary for this particular team. The Golem has the longest cooldown at 10 when max skilled. So the latest I can Armor Break is turn 6, and faster than that if my helper lead has any Skill Boosts.

what is a whiskey dragon?
Slang for the Ancient Dragons. They only have 4 cooldown when max skilled.

FYI: The fastest theoretical team would be 5 max skilled/awoken Ogres. But that would take a very long time to assemble, and you'd need a separate set of Ogres for each different colored Super King dungeon.

chrono01

I think this will be the third time its come around? they should give puzzdroid some awakenings
Yeah according to PDX this is the third time.

Awakening's wouldn't work, though, unless you use Tamadra on it. Unless, you can complete the dungeon more than once? I'm not sure since this will be the first time I'm running it [due to Canada getting Puzzle & Dragons later than the US].

chrono01

Never mind, apparently you CAN run it more than once [you can only do it once per appearance but if it shows up again you can re-run it].

I'm glad Amaterasu is getting a little boost. Ceres is just flat out better than her right now.

I do wonder, though, if Ama is getting the bind heal and Ceres is not, is she going to get a skill other than Shower of Healing? And if so, that sucks a lot for anyone who's skilled her up at all.

I'm glad Amaterasu is getting a little boost. Ceres is just flat out better than her right now.

I do wonder, though, if Ama is getting the bind heal and Ceres is not, is she going to get a skill other than Shower of Healing? And if so, that sucks a lot for anyone who's skilled her up at all.
They both get the upgraded Shower of Healing, Ammy was just the example mob they used for the skill. But the use cases for both actives are going to be extremely different thanks to their awakenings.

desku

Is this game worth playing if I'm not prepared to repeatedly keep re-rolling for a 'good' monster from the egg machine? Been wanting to get into something like this for a while and I've been resetting for a few hours now and I just can't be bothered anymore.

Colby

Is this game worth playing if I'm not prepared to repeatedly keep re-rolling for a 'good' monster from the egg machine? Been wanting to get into something like this for a while and I've been resetting for a few hours now and I just can't be bothered anymore.
Wait a couple days for the Godfest. If not, you could start with whatever, but you will eventually hit a wall without strong god monsters.

xCobalt

You definitely can. I started off with a terrible monster and have made a lot of progress. If you decide to pull for more rare monsters, make sure you do it during a godfest (increase drop rate for select gods).

My recommendation is to just reroll until you get something decent. I mean, it's always nice to get a top tier monster, but the metagame changes so much that, by the time you'll need that monster, things likely will have changed.

I don't think I've ever heard anybody say either of the following:
"I wish I had kept rerolling"
"I wish I had kept my original account"

In short, do whatever makes you happy and fits your playstyle.

Top Bottom