• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

massoluk

Banned
Is this game worth playing if I'm not prepared to repeatedly keep re-rolling for a 'good' monster from the egg machine? Been wanting to get into something like this for a while and I've been resetting for a few hours now and I just can't be bothered anymore.

I started with a shitty Beast Rider, some people like to reroll until they get the god tier ones, I don't think it matter that much in the long run. Hell, look at the list of past god-tier monsters that got demoted... What? Odin? Ammy? Not many really use them now.

Limit

I am of the mind that it is not worth rerolling unless you are doing so during a Godfest. New players should start with whatever they get and casually go through the dungeons until a Godfest begins; which basically happens every two weeks.Spend all the collected stones there. By that time if you feel that you have enjoyed what this game has to offer and are not satisfied by the REM machine rolls; reroll until godfest ends.

Althane

Is this game worth playing if I'm not prepared to repeatedly keep re-rolling for a 'good' monster from the egg machine? Been wanting to get into something like this for a while and I've been resetting for a few hours now and I just can't be bothered anymore.

I got Thanatos, a bottom tier monster from the PAL machine by almost anyone's count. I'm in day 95 of playing, and doing pretty darn well. I may not have blazed through as much territory as would have with a 'super awesome mega tier' starter, but it's not been bad.

You'll be fine, just play smart, save your stones for godfests, and go with what you get.

is it worth to try and skill up king shynee for a valk team?. that's a lot of wasted xp or coins for a five turn cooldown.

edit: 4 o clock is so far away. i want to try and skill up my pierdrawm and starter dragon.

Noirulus

Think I could beat Hera-Is?

uYfOuLY.png

90 cost. Low, I know. I keep putting off leveling up... it's so boring.

razterik

is it worth to try and skill up king shynee for a valk team?. that's a lot of wasted xp or coins for a five turn cooldown.

edit: 4 o clock is so far away. i want to try and skill up my pierdrawm and starter dragon.

Depends on what you use Valk for. Normal dungeons and Hera farming don't need it. If you are running the tougher descends, then it is absolutely worth it. Shynee is the longest skill timer on any Valk team, and can make or break your run if you need to burst through because your HP is too low to take hits.

Legend, maybe? Skill ups on Pierdrawn? You can run Lucifer/Pierdrawn/Hades/Dub-myth/Rainbow Keeper/Lucifer for 86 cost.

coy

I'd save the trouble and keep pushing forward in other areas. You have team compositions that can tackle the dungeon, but you need, well, leveling up to do to get to that point. Her dungeon has appeared monthly since first showing up so opportunities will present itself on a regular basis. Can't help with the boredom part, though.

Genji

Got Hera-is to drop on Legend, took 1-stone when I died early on round 1 due to 2 binds in relatively quick succession. Used a 2xLucifer team and it took freaking forever. Can't wait until either my Kirin team or D. Meta team is ready to try to take on descends, it just takes too long to grind out with 2xLucifer.

Noirulus

Depends on what you use Valk for. Normal dungeons and Hera farming don't need it. If you are running the tougher descends, then it is absolutely worth it. Shynee is the longest skill timer on any Valk team, and can make or break your run if you need to burst through because your HP is too low to take hits.

Legend, maybe? Skill ups on Pierdrawn? You can run Lucifer/Pierdrawn/Hades/Dub-myth/Rainbow Keeper/Lucifer for 86 cost.

No skill-ups on Pier-drawn. I think I'd need a lot of luck running that team so I guess I'll hold off for now. :x

man i feel bad, im 10 ranks more than you and you have A LOT of good stuff. :(

If it makes you feel any better, I've been playing this game since July and also spent around $80 on REM :x. Also, I spent my first 2 months playing very casually and wasted at least 40 free stones on the REM during non-godfest slots and didn't get anything good. ;-;

At least I've finally got a decent box...

I'd save the trouble and keep pushing forward in other areas. You have team compositions that can tackle the dungeon, but you need, well, leveling up to do to get to that point. Her dungeon has appeared monthly since first showing up so opportunities will present itself on a regular basis. Can't help with the boredom part, though.

I could at the very least do two heroes... Right?! :( Meanwhile, I guess I'll keep on trudging and aim to level up.

Amon37

so I have one awoken Hera level 20, a max level regular Hera, a level 6 Hera and now a Hera-is. I normally run mono dark so should I just level the 3rd Hera or work on hera-is as 3rd gravity user?

razterik

Amaterasu is unbindable when fully awoken, so no problem there. Ceres, well...

2/9 Uriel, max. 2/6 on a Minotaur, with about a dozen unevolved left. 1/6 on second Venus. 1/2 on Kano, max. Good rate so far.

0 for 7 on skillups this morning.

I love how the game asks if you are sure if you don't spend a stone to continue a dungeon, but if you decided to continue....no question is asked. Just hit the screen on accident and burnt a stone in an unwinnable dungeon. fucking thanks gungho...

Narras

Is there a good reason to keep a second Pierdra around? I max skilled my main Pierdra this morning and I have 10 extra Pierdras. I plan on keeping 3 to max awaken my Drawn Joker in the future and fuse the rest into a second one. Is that a good idea?

Ducarmel

My spike team (or my orb matching skills) is not ready for prime time had to eat a stone on hera-is on legend so mythical is out of the question, at least it was 15 minutes and not 2hrs. I did miss one 16x attack on her but I doubt it would have finished her. Maybe next time.

Is there a good reason to keep a second Pierdra around? I max skilled my main Pierdra this morning and I have 10 extra Pierdras. I plan on keeping 3 to max awaken my Drawn Joker in the future and fuse the rest into a second one. Is that a good idea?

Great to have a max skilled un-evolved pierdra if you go mono dark with condition limited dungeons like Tengu or draggie

razterik

Ultimates for earth/light ripper dragons, Fafnir/Leviathan announced. Ultimate healer girls upcoming, including light/blue Angel. That megane!

Another ultimate announcement coming later today.

Jagernaut

My spike team (or my orb matching skills) is not ready for prime time had to eat a stone on hera-is on legend so mythical is out of the question, at least it was 15 minutes and not 2hrs. I did miss one 16x attack on her but I doubt it would have finished her. Maybe next time.

Great to have a max skilled un-evolved pierdra if you go mono dark with condition limited dungeons like Tengu or draggie

You can beat Hera-Is legend with a resist (Drawn Joker or Abyss Neptune)/Odin team.

Kreed

Ultimates for earth/light ripper dragons, Fafnir/Leviathan announced. Ultimate healer girls upcoming, including light/blue Angel. That megane!

Another ultimate announcement coming later today.

Also there's new evolution items/fruits. Guessing they'll be just as hard to get as the Twin-Lits.

Xsqn8Bw.jpg

Ducarmel

You can beat Hera-Is legend with a resist (Drawn Joker or Abyss Neptune)/Odin team.

That is what I used last time it took me 2+ hrs and still it cost me 1 stone I did not have keeper up when she binded the second time and on top of that she did not drop.

This time I used wireshark and saw I would get the drop I did not mind spending the stone because I knew I just needed one more x16 times attack to kill her and get the drop.

I just need to put more levels into my Horus subs and I don't have Valk she probably would have been better sub then Kirin.

Jagernaut

That is what I used last time it took me 2+ hrs and still it cost me 1 stone I did not have keeper up when she binded the second time and on top of that she did not drop.

This time I used wireshark and saw I would get the drop I did not mind spending the stone because I knew I just needed one more x16 times attack to kill her and get the drop.

I just need to put more levels into my Horus subs and I don't have Valk she probably would have been better sub then Kirin.

You need gravities to speed things up. You should have at least 2 Heras before you tackle Hera-Is.

Edit. If you have Kirin, why don't you lead with her instead of Horus?

Ducarmel

You need gravities to speed things up. You should have at least 2 Heras before you tackle Hera-Is.

Edit. If you have Kirin, why don't you lead with her instead of Horus?

At the time I did it with drawn joker i only had 1 hera

My Kirin is evolved but isn't max leveled I missed my chance yesterday to rectify that, I was thinking about using her anyway but I noticed I have only 1 Kirin friend and his is only level 1.

How does this work?
pretty much you packet sniff dungeons that don't have 100% drop rate to determine if you will get the drop. If you know your going to get the drop then you can spend the stone to continue if you die, if its not going to drop and you die whatever it just cost you only stamina. Technically gungho does not like it but there is nothing they can do about it.

I'll pm you how to do it not sure if its kosher to post it in the thread. edit: too late i guess.

Uthred

Ult Holy Lightning (Light/Wood)
Ult Graviton (Wood/Fire)
Ult Leviathan (Water/Water)
Ult Fafnir (Wood/Wood)
Ult Archangel

gW5LVWD.jpg

P3HwPpH.jpg

rmEAGMh.jpg

dSQIbhF.jpg

ceGoZ9o.jpg

pretty much you packet sniff dungeons that don't have 100% drop rate to see if it will drop to determine if you will get the drop. If you know your going to get the drop then you can spend the stone to continue if you die, if its not going to drop and you die whatever it just cost you only stamina. Technically gungho does not like it but there is nothing they can do about it.

http://pastebin.com/Fgij1RKK

Cool, cheers

raven777

Ult Holy Lightning (Light/Wood)
Ult Graviton (Wood/Fire)
Ult Leviathan (Water/Water)
Ult Fafnir (Wood/Wood)
Ult Archangel

gW5LVWD.jpg

P3HwPpH.jpg

rmEAGMh.jpg

dSQIbhF.jpg

ceGoZ9o.jpg

Cool, cheers
Leviathan and Fafnir are Super(or similar wording) Ultimates. I wonder if you need to rollback and do another ult upgrade. or upgrade from ult

2/9 on skill ups.

Got my last skill up on Artemis,
No skill ups out of 5 mystic light knights (verche is 0/15 now)
1/1 on Persephone
0/2 for susano.

Really need mystic light knight dungeon to come back for a week or two. When it came originally I did not have enough stamina to farm it.

No plants to evolve more Leeks! Need more Leeks!!

Althane

So, in a pure fit of madness (or hilarity), I'm going to try a monogreen team of fun!

Leader: Flowerdragon Brachys
1st: Earth Golem (lvl 30, got it ages ago from REM)
2nd: Leek
3rd: Leek
4th: Leek
Friend: "dunno lol"

What's a good leader to replace Brachys though?

Also, advice on starter dragons: Should I go for ultimate evolutions, or just level them up in their final evolution stage?

Ducarmel

So, in a pure fit of madness (or hilarity), I'm going to try a monogreen team of fun!

Leader: Flowerdragon Brachys
1st: Earth Golem (lvl 30, got it ages ago from REM)
2nd: Leek
3rd: Leek
4th: Leek
Friend: "dunno lol"

What's a good leader to replace Brachys though?

Also, advice on starter dragons: Should I go for ultimate evolutions, or just level them up in their final evolution stage?

Are you going for a tank team? Green Noel or Wood Dominion Michael would make good friends for that mono green team.

Busty your starter if you use them as a leader.

Althane

6 feed on pierdra no skillup.. SO FRIGGING FUN!
on a side note, best place to farm pengdra (base one) for each colour?

Others may know better, but I use the 3 first technical dungeons (Blazing Highway, Ice Maze, and Fertile Land), to get Pengdras.

It works pretty well for me.

Also, hooray for thursday, now sitting on 15 Dragon Plants. Useful.

J0dy77

I've been trying to theory craft a light Raphael team. What's the thought on something like this?

qN7ymGil.jpg

My goal would be to fully awaken Thor and Divinigon for the 40% damage boost per row. I'm trying to figure out how many rows of light I would need to match to meet the burst of a 16x team. Someone care to do the math?

Top Bottom